• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

Yeesh, every single one of those banners has a relic or three to make me nervous

I'll do the holla dolla pulls but ehhhh. I guess i am most interested in banner 3 but I dunno, i think i will just save for the OSB banners at this point, most of the one i really want do appear later, like Thancred Knives and Beatrix sword and Yuffie stuff.

WarAdept

I have 2 out of the 3 bsb on banner 2. Why is banner 2 so good again???

Looking at the banners again now, Banner 3 is probably the smartest choice in terms of futureproofing.

3 Hastegas, 3 Medica's and a Faithga. Faris and Locke's amazing BSB's. The Ogre is the only "dud" one there.

But Banner 2 is still good.

3 Medicas. EnFire for Terra which is her preferred element. 2x chance at Excalibur for Saint's Cross/Pecil BSB shenannigans. Tyro's BSB is amazing, and Garnet's is a super useful stat stick due to it being a dagger (can use on Ninjas) and gives her the option to go full offensive summoner, even with weak hones.

Even Iga Blade can be used for the 50% def buff.

you get to dual wield excaliburs IRL
>.> I should have seen this coming.
Looking at the banners again now, Banner 3 is probably the smartest choice in terms of futureproofing.

3 Hastegas, 3 Medica's and a Faithga. Faris and Locke's amazing BSB's. The Ogre is the only "dud" one there.
I stopped reading right there. I need hastega more reliable than Divine Guardian. Zack, Thancred or Krile would be great! Krile's SBB is amazing for mages which I'm still working on.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Meh these banners are not doing it for me. I don't have any mythril to spend. I'm sure as not putting in any real amount of money until guarantee 5*.

Out of mythril and got way too lucky on BSBs lately.

I'm going to try and resist, unless they decide to just give me 50 mythril before the 25th happens... Then I MIGHT pull on a banner.

Not doing it, can't do it, can't whale. I have to be patient

Unless there's a surprise Mythril present, I'm going to be JUST short of pulling on all of the banners (unless I skip the Lucky Pull). I'm at 230.

There's something going around Reddit saying your first pull on these banners are half price.

Take with a grain of salt.
Welp. That would be yummy.

No mythril. Unless we're gifted some, I won't be able to pull. Really looking forward to Snowspell Strike, though. Even though it can't be honed, who needs hones when you have Celes's Magnificient Sword of Constant Victory?

Anustart

How did I do in the lucky? Wasn't going to pull, but then saw I had 25 mythril....

v4EUplf.png

Now I have no reason to not cid mission every ff5 event from here on out. Have gilgamesh bssb, bartz ssb, lenna ssb medica, krile ssb whip.

Why are all the faithgas "raise the partys magic an very, very, very, very small amount" and people go nuts for them?

The MAG softcap is much higher than the ATK one, so stacking +MAG generally has a bigger effect. 30% Faithga is looked at as comparable to 50% Boostga, even if it seems weaker at a glance. This mattered less when single hit spells capped so easily, but we're about to get a bunch of multi-hit black magic to go along with the era of Imperil Element.

Where is this Triple Burst lucky draw rumor coming from? I am not seeing anything.

Balphon

I believe they found some "first time half price" text translated during the last update and that's why people are speculating that it could be for the Fest banners.

I think the same text has been in the JP client for awhile and never used, FWIW.

Always a possibility though, I guess.

Oh god why does Garland do so much damage? I had to retreat out and come back with wall I assumed that b team plz drop rms with magic breakdown and res up from rw garnet ssb would be good enough but two waves nearly wiped my team.

WarAdept

Oh god why does Garland do so much damage? I had to retreat out and come back with wall I assumed that b team plz drop rms with magic breakdown and res up from rw garnet ssb would be good enough but two waves nearly wiped my team.

I was thinking to myself "there's no IX Event, is Bass doing a story dungeon?".

I forgot there was a Nightmare already.

Too excited to finally get Chain Bliz/Meteor Crush.

100 gems

5 star

Generic ffx ice brand

:|

Well it is my first ffx 5 star sword woo

Not a bad pickup at all. Paine has spellblade and a Double Ice Strike is probably inevitable. Even if it isn't, Snowspell Strike's primary element is ice, so you don't even have to wait for the patch that factors damage modifiers when prioritizing multi-elements. When buffed up, any off-record +Element weapon is going to be better than a synergized 5* too, so you can bring that sucker anywhere an ice spellblade is needed.

WarAdept

Fucking amateur hour on my end.

Brings C team to Havok Skytank.
Decides to Mage Meta because theme wankery.
Have little to no XIII synergy.
Strago and Echo are fragile as fuck.
RW Song of Swiftness instead of Sheepsong.
Mog is tanky as fuck and I wish DeNA would give the little dude a medica.
Proceed to S/L for an hour.
Concede defeat and waste 50 stam.

LucaMac

It feels like they know those are days many people have been skipping dailies and are trying to get them to do so. *Shrug*

On the bright side Thursday got a revamp in Japan recently. There's now a greens daily with IX synergy...

Also, I find it a bit weird that Falk's a real person with a real hand holding a real soundtrack...why isn't your hand a line drawing like your face? Don't tell me that's not your real face? It can't be true, you are that face!

Fucking amateur hour on my end.

Brings C team to Havok Skytank.
Decides to Mage Meta because theme wankery.
Have little to no XIII synergy.
Strago and Echo are fragile as fuck.
RW Song of Swiftness instead of Sheepsong.
Mog is tanky as fuck and I wish DeNA would give the little dude a medica.
Proceed to S/L for an hour.
Concede defeat and waste 50 stam.
I made a mistake on Havok Skytank as well. I thought it was weak to wind instead of null to wind. Bought Zidaine burst and had lightning take two wind spellblades along (why I thought it would take more than 8 turns). It was great once Zidaine had done the bust I could do something like x0.2 to the Skytank with wind element hits.

Wasn't really a C team but very much a "I've made a terrible mistake" moment. Still made it through only losing three medals (don't get KOd; I didn't renew protect).

WarAdept

Yay Thursdaily, which means content clearing time. Fuck your White Orbs game.

CM Ultros (aka I couldn't fit magic mitigation so Relm got one shot by a 7k Thundaga)

tkz3vsX.jpg

Nighmare Meltdown (aka Kaiser Dragon is stupid, fuck your target scores).

BJFHOdp.jpg

Japan's Fest Banners are out. New tier of SB, the USB. (Ultra Soul Break)

Also new type of Blink that protects against status effects.

Edit: Official name confirmed as Ultra Soul Break in JPN.

Tidd

I'm disappointed that Cloud isn't the first one who gets the new SB

DAT Banner 5. SO much FF IX love.

What exactly is Guts? Do we have this?
Edit: Oh survive a fatal blow with 1% of your HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom