• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

None of the banners really stand out for me. Why is banner 3 considered so good?

In my case it's the only banner where I don't have traps, and then:

- Zidane's BSSB with imperil wind (Cloud's OSB is wind...)

- Faris' BSSB is very good in one of the best chars in the game

- Zack's SSB is very good

- Thancred's SSB is basically a copy of Zack's, so it's great

- Vanille's Curaga+Ether might be pretty handy now that we have a lot of shiny new 6* abilities

- Yuffie's damage+party blink+instant cast (she has no business being so good in this game)

- Minwu's instant awesome Curaga

- And finally Sheep song again, which is the best mage meta relic right now. And adorable to boot.

Razmos

In my case it's the only banner where I don't have traps, and then:

- Zidane's BSSB with imperil wind (Cloud's OSB is wind...)

- Faris' BSSB is very good in one of the best chars in the game

- Zack's SSB is very good

- Thancred's SSB is basically a copy of Zack's, so it's great

- Vanille's Curaga+Ether might be pretty handy now that we have a lot of shiny new 6* abilities

- Yuffie's damage+party blink+instant cast (she has no business being so good in this game)

- Minwu's instant awesome Curaga

- And finally Sheep song again, which is the best mage meta relic right now. And adorable to boot.
Ah I see, those all do sound good. Thanks! I'll save up for a pull on that one then :)

c-murph

tKipJcZ.jpg
mumjDSr.jpg

Can I use this to Rape monthly Ifrit finally?

WarAdept

So LTTP etc etc, but is there a standout banner this time around?

Banners 2 and 3 are regarded as the best.

Banner 2 has 3 Medicas (of which 2 attach Magic Blink to you! The other gives Hastega), 2 Excaliburs for Saint's Cross shenannigans, EnFire for Terra which is her preferred element, Tyro's amazing BSB and Dagger's amazing Dagger of Daggering (fantastic stat stick due to being a Dagger and good BSB). The Iga Blade is the "worst" of Banner 2 and even then, it's hard to call the entry damage and +100% def to party bad.

Banner 3 has 3 Hastegas, 1 of which is the premiere Mage Meta buff right now (Krile's Fire Lash). It also has 2 Medica's, one of which is Minwu's instant cast one. Party Blink from Yuffie and Imperil Fire for Locke's BSB. Faris is one of the best characters in the game and she also gets one of the best BSB's in the game for support. The Ogre is the short stick of the draw as Imperil Wind is kind of hard to take advantage of right now and oddly, Zidane's burst commands don't have wind element attached to them to take advantage of it.

Can I use this to Rape monthly Ifrit finally?

Oh man Chain Blizzaga would make a big difference. With all the new stuff coming (6* gear, new 5* abilities) Mote Ifrit is going to be subject to extreme power creep. I've seen people in Japan do him without healers.

I have 30 Mythril right now. I'm debating between pulling on the Lucky Banner + Cloud OSB banner or just doing a Banner 3 pull. I have Faris's Bracers which has Imperil Wind so that would combine great with Cloud's OSB.
Although, I know I won't get THAT lucky, >_>.

Not sure what to do. :/

I have 30 Mythril right now. I'm debating between pulling on the Lucky Banner + Cloud OSB banner or just doing a Banner 3 pull. I have Faris's Bracers which has Imperil Wind so that would combine great with Cloud's OSB.
Although, I know I won't get THAT lucky, >_>.

Not sure what to do. :/

Whale and 50 pull on all of them with $$$

Credo

I haven't been keeping up with the game a lot recently, but I know the upcoming draws are a big deal. I have 468 mythril. Is this the time to blow it all on the various banners?

Czarcasm

So, I did a 100-gem pull, got Tifa's Burst.....This always seems to happen, whenever a banner has a new VII Burst, I always end up getting it with my 100-gem. I mean it's nice and all, but I already have more than enough VII synergy.

On that note, I wouldn't complain about getting Aerith's burst

Kenai

So are all banners from now on going to be G5? The message made it sound like it was being coy and only doing certain ones. Maybe not A Special Place then but after that?

Was considering doing one of my 2 11 pulls on this one but my holla dolla pull got me that Green Megaphone so that raised my trap count to 4. I can't do it.

I won't have the mythril to pull on any of these banners, most likely. I'm not sure what I really want in the future either, so all of my pulls will probably just be ad hoc from now on. Ultima Weapon is very tame. Recorded the encounter below. I went ahead and taught Sabin Lifebane since I have an SSB for him. It was cheap enough that I can unlock it for several other monks too, though the skill itself doesn't seem that great.

The Five Dooms: The Weapon Watches (Ultimate +)

ZangBa

I pulled the Omnirod, Galuf's fist, Yda's fist, and Shadow's SSB. Good CM stuff, but I'm thinking Shadow's SSB might be worth benching Balthier and his SSB for my A-team. That, or Agrias's SB. Though useful, her SB doesn't make much of a difference for me usually.

I stared at the Relic screen for a good 20 minutes before doing an 11 pull. Only one 5*, but it was Jecht's The Blitz! Exactly what I wanted! (I would of been happy with Cait Sith or Gabranth's SSBs too.)

I think that's gonna be it as far as 11 pulls go for this fest. Might do one on banner 4.

Falk

that puzzling face
I had 1 5*

An Omnirod

I already have Thyrus so no gauge for shell/protect/regen

Guaranteed 5* is amazing

Adeptrain

The way the game highlights the relic draw button with "Triple Burst Blast!!", all red and shiny..makes me want to draw even though I'm trying to save my Mythrils for the 2nd and 3rd phase!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Banners 2 and 3 are regarded as the best.

Banner 2 has 3 Medicas (of which 2 attach Magic Blink to you! The other gives Hastega), 2 Excaliburs for Saint's Cross shenannigans, EnFire for Terra which is her preferred element, Tyro's amazing BSB and Dagger's amazing Dagger of Daggering (fantastic stat stick due to being a Dagger and good BSB). The Iga Blade is the "worst" of Banner 2 and even then, it's hard to call the entry damage and +100% def to party bad.

Banner 3 has 3 Hastegas, 1 of which is the premiere Mage Meta buff right now (Krile's Fire Lash). It also has 2 Medica's, one of which is Minwu's instant cast one. Party Blink from Yuffie and Imperil Fire for Locke's BSB. Faris is one of the best characters in the game and she also gets one of the best BSB's in the game for support. The Ogre is the short stick of the draw as Imperil Wind is kind of hard to take advantage of right now and oddly, Zidane's burst commands don't have wind element attached to them to take advantage of it.

Hrm, so how do you set up Celes if you get her relic since she can't use Lifesiphon. Saint Cross and Magic Lure?

I guess I might pull on 2 and 3 then...

I had 1 5*

An Omnirod

I already have Thyrus so no gauge for shell/protect/regen

Guaranteed 5* is amazing

Y'shtola has Support-4 and can use Wrath. With Ace Striker, she only needs to use Wrath twice to have meter for another soulbreak. Protectga and Shellga require two slots, while Wrath only requires one... plus the Major Regen is rather good. Thyrus is a sage staff, meaning Papalymo can equip it to heal and nuke, which is going to be important because many bosses don't let you get away with going four turns without a heal. Papalymo: Curaja and Flare/Chain Blizzaga. Y'shtola: Holy and Wrath.

Negator

Hrm, so how do you set up Celes if you get her relic since she can't use Lifesiphon. Saint Cross and Magic Lure?

Uh what?

Celes has Knight 5. If you get her relic you'll probably use a Mako Might on her. Or an Ace Striker, since she has Knight 5 and Spellblade 5, she's probably going to be hitting a weakness.

WarAdept

If you need the SB ASAP, then Mako Might/Dr Mog it. Otherwise if you need to spam it, then Ace Striker/Battleforged is enough.

Personally I'm not a fan of Ace Striker/Battleforged, so I usually stick a +20%/30% damage RM on everyone that's DPS.

Setting up for Ultima Weapon now. Jecht with 500 atk and Dark Bargain/Full Charge. Boss is going to melt.

Wazzy

Banned
I don't know if I'll pull on any of these banners but the guaranteed 5* is pretty great.
I stared at the Relic screen for a good 20 minutes before doing an 11 pull. Only one 5*, but it was Jecht's The Blitz! Exactly what I wanted! (I would of been happy with Cait Sith or Gabranth's SSBs too.)

I think that's gonna be it as far as 11 pulls go for this fest. Might do one on banner 4.

Nice! Banner 4 looks like it has some pretty good relics so if you pull hopefully you land a couple.

Nice! Banner 4 looks like it has some pretty good relics so if you pull hopefully you land a couple.
Thanks! :D I wanted relic for Jecht for a long time, and I had been eyeing this banner since it's Japanese release.

I'm still not sure if I'll pull on Banner 4, there's so many great events coming up soon. I definitely need to have some Mythril for the FFII event in a few weeks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Uh what?

Celes has Knight 5. If you get her relic you'll probably use a Mako Might on her. Or an Ace Striker, since she has Knight 5 and Spellblade 5, she's probably going to be hitting a weakness.

If you need the SB ASAP, then Mako Might/Dr Mog it. Otherwise if you need to spam it, then Ace Striker/Battleforged is enough.

Personally I'm not a fan of Ace Striker/Battleforged, so I usually stick a +20%/30% damage RM on everyone that's DPS.

Setting up for Ultima Weapon now. Jecht with 500 atk and Dark Bargain/Full Charge. Boss is going to melt.

I've always put Mako Might on Tyro and a Medica because a lot of the bosses are dicks that open with AOE damage.

I guess Ace Striker works. It always seems a bit slow without Lifesiphon though.

Wazzy

Banned
Ughhhhhh just double checked and most of Selphie banner is on Squall OSB so I'm going to avoid doing a lot of pulls. It will be first VIII banner I don't go crazy on :( I'm even ignoring the second banner because there's no point. I'll do 100 gem pull on it and leave it at that.
Thanks! :D I wanted relic for Jecht for a long time, and I had been eyeing this banner since it's Japanese release.

I'm still not sure if I'll pull on Banner 4, there's so many great events coming up soon. I definitely need to have some Mythril for the FFII event in a few weeks.

What are you aiming for on the II banner?

Razmos

Got a 3* from the 100 gem. Not a repeat of the last time then when I got Cecil's BSB on the first 100 gem pull lol

Beat the Chocobo Eater ultimate with no real problems, I was surprised that he used mostly AoE magic and used like no physical attacks the whole fight, but I brought magic blink so woo.

The ultimate+... I was doing some very good damage to him, got him to below half before he could really do much. Then he hasted himself, slowed my party, got Paine (my dispeller) down to 1hp and then followed it up with an AoE attack before I could heal. Then he did an AoE again and killed my healer Yuna. So yeah, it went from all go to a wipe in a few seconds lol

Ughhhhhh just double checked and most of Selphie banner is on Squall OSB so I'm going to avoid doing a lot of pulls. It will be first VIII banner I don't go crazy on :( I'm even ignoring the second banner because there's no point. I'll do 100 gem pull on it and leave it at that.
A long time ago I was planning to pull on the next FFVIII event too, but now that I've CM'd Ifrit, I don't need to anymore. I think the following two FFVIII events are more exciting anyway, relic wise. Those Raijin/Quistis/Edea banners~

I'm sure whatever you choose to do, you'll be blessed by the FFVIII gods. :D

What are you aiming for on the II banner?
Firion's BSB, Guy's SSB, Maria's BSB, any of Minwu's relics. (Leila's Hastega would be nice too.) Of course they're all spread across both banners so RIP me. XD

I've been waiting for this Guy event for so long.

I guess Ace Striker works. It always seems a bit slow without Lifesiphon though.
On my A-Team, I have Tyro and Ramza with MM/DMT to start the fight off immediately with Tyro's BSB and Shout (Healer RWs Wall). Under shout, I'm typically able to easily get them both an SB gauge back in time to refresh their buffs with no downtime. I've done the same thing with Celes and her SSB with no problem, especially when hitting for weaknesses (double damage and 50% more SB gauge per use).

Using Ace Striker / Battleforged on Celes, means the few turns are used to charge up the initial SB gauge. After that, there should be no problems keeping it active for the entire rest of the fight. Again, especially when hitting for weaknesses.

I've always used one of these two RMs options on her, but is probably possible to get more damage output using a damage boosting RM. It would mean a longer initial SB gauge charge, of course, so there is a tradeoff (particularly when using the Runic effect for ST magic damage / debuff mitigation).

Speaking of my A-Team, once again BSB Lightning, SSB Warrior of Light, BSB Tyro, Shout Ramza, Curaga Medica Penelo made the U+ fight a cinch, even with only Tyro having Brave Synergy. I have a feeling this will be the case for all five of these battles. Uber Mitigation is just such a wonderful thing (Wall + Protectga/Shellga + FB + Breakdown + ATK/MAG Break burst attack). Then there's the Magic Blink from Tyro's BSB and Physical Blink from WoL's SSB spam. Often, I won't even need to use the Medica.

For the FFX event, I used my A-Team to crush the U and then had a bit of a struggle with the U+ CM. I really wanted to use Jecht w/ R3 Meteor Crush or Rikku with her Mug Attack SB and R3 Thief's Revenge, but I just couldn't make either work in my team. Paine's Knight moveset provided a big damage boost due to Holy weakness and the ability to dispel Counter Protect/Haste. Every member had an important role. Paine and SSB spamming Tidus were my DPS. Braska kept them hasted at all times, while also working as backup healer. Wakka kept him broken and also provided Shellga via Shared SB. Yuna kept everyone alive. I had to use HotF a few times, iirc.

Adeptrain

I just realized I only have 2 monk 5* characters unlocked, Sabin and Josef! I have a few Hero Souls from the Nightmare dungeons...any recommendations for a better monk for 6*? or should I just 6* one of these two?

Falk

that puzzling face
Are you actually going to use the 6* monk ability with them in immediate future?

The empowered mote stuff from this entire event feels like something to save up to see if you land any BSSBs/OSBs/USBs/whatevs.

edit: Due to brain malfunction I misread the X-2 U+ req as Ice, rather than Water.

Oops.

Balphon

Beat the Ultimate without too much trouble. So who did you use the empowered motes on?
Is it just Tifa and Snow the best monks so far??

Zell, Jecht, Snow, & Yda are probably the best characters with 5* Monk, all other things being equal.

It may be best to hold onto the motes for the time being. Lifebane is good but you need to be heavily stacking ATK buffs to get the most out of it.

Zell, Jecht, Snow, & Yda are probably the best characters with 5* Monk, all other things being equal.

It may be best to hold onto the motes for the time being. Lifebane is good but you need to be heavily stacking ATK buffs to get the most out of it.

I only have one sb for Tifa and she isn't even level 65. I have no ssb, bsb relics for any of them. Oh well, I guess I'll sit on it and wait.

Adeptrain

Are you actually going to use the 6* monk ability with them in immediate future?

The empowered mote stuff from this entire event feels like something to save up to see if you land any BSSBs/OSBs/USBs/whatevs.

edit: Due to brain malfunction I misread the X-2 U+ req as Ice, rather than Water.

Oops.

That's... A good point! I don't have any relics for either of them anyways... I'll just hold onto these motes for now. Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom