• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed that Cloud isn't the first one who gets the new SB

DAT Banner 5. SO much FF IX love.

What exactly is Guts? Do we have this?
I don't think many primarily DPS characters will get USBs, as they seem intended for other use.

Guts means you survive a fatal hit with 1HP and all your buffs intact. We don't have it in Global yet.

Kain

Tyro master race

Though if things don't change much in the next months, status blink seems kind of useless. I don't even remember the last noteworthy boss to use status effects. Unless... we'll get like, five bosses in a row that spam status effects, won't we?

It can be nice for bosses that have scripted AoE status attacks that Blind or Silence. Frees up your Accessory slot from having to equip debuff resists.

WarAdept

I had a bit of a rant on discord about the separate naming conventions for the upcoming tier of SBs. They've kept it nice and simple with SB, SSB and BSB and they didn't have the foresight to realise that the word Overflow or Overstrike or whatever the Global version is called that it wouldn't make much sense for support ones.

Overdrive would make more sense and apply to both damage and support, and it's been used in FFX so it's an established word in the series.

Ah well, what are you going to do but pray that our translated stuff is okay.

On a different note, I've been waiting for these for so long. (and Meltdown is amazing).

tKipJcZ.jpg
mumjDSr.jpg

On a different note, I've been waiting for these for so long. (and Meltdown is amazing).

tKipJcZ.jpg
mumjDSr.jpg

Tomorrow after double greens, I'll be honing Chain Blizzaga straight to Rank 3 as well. I think I have enough orbs, at least. I can actually put forth a pretty good ice-oriented team, because I have Laguna's imperil ice SSB and Papalymo's En-Ice SSB. Chain Blizzaga just makes too much sense. I'll take a pass on the monk one, though, at least for now.

Tyro master race

Though if things don't change much in the next months, status blink seems kind of useless. I don't even remember the last noteworthy boss to use status effects. Unless... we'll get like, five bosses in a row that spam status effects, won't we?

The Jp xii ultimate plus mandragoras are brutal with aoe status effects.

So is chain blizzaga worth honing? Is it stronger than Blizzaja? If it hits twice, it might be the strongest spell for my black mages for a while (I really struggle with those nightmare dungeons).

MrDaravon

It's starting to kind of piss me off how incredibly difficult this Ultros CM is for me given that I have an absurd amount of FF6 synergy, but without a native medica/wall/group defensive option it's a moot point. If I RW Shout I can almost burst him down but I always get screwed on this last spawn somehow, and if I RW Wall the loss of Haste + Damage just makes it a slog and I don't make it as far. So infuriating that I have so much synergy and everyone is at max level, but not having a single type of item makes it ten times more difficult than it should be.

Edit: Bitching on GAF works again, finally got it. I only lost one character (Relm) to one-shot Thundaga late, but I was able to burst him down before he started the Fallling Rocks shit. Whew! That was ridiculous.

thedan001

just came back to this after 2 years, having a fun time!

my old acct has a nice collection of maybe 10 unique 5* soul break weapons and bunch of 5* armor

I stopped playing before squall was released so I know I have a lot to catch up, no super soul breaks

I did the half price 11 roll and got a couple of 5* items which was nice

I learned about using crystals to summon characters I may have missed which is a nice feature

I'm sad I missed out on möbius event for some chara recruits but I can wait for next time

Any tips to help me catch up with the game?

just came back to this after 2 years, having a fun time!

my old acct has a nice collection of maybe 10 unique 5* soul break weapons and bunch of 5* armor

I stopped playing before squall was released so I know I have a lot to catch up, no super soul breaks

I did the half price 11 roll and got a couple of 5* items which was nice

I learned about using crystals to summon characters I may have missed which is a nice feature

I'm sad I missed out on möbius event for some chara recruits but I can wait for next time

Any tips to help me catch up with the game?

The mobius event is still ongoing till the 27th, it's the celes event that ends soon

thedan001

The mobius event is still ongoing till the 27th, it's the celes event that ends soon

I tried entering the möbius event and it seems to be only rewards now? I couldn't enter battles

I'm new to the UI redesign so maybe I missed something?

on another note, how hard is it to get moogle's 2nd level break to lv80 from Celes event? I have a full team of 65's

I tried entering the möbius event and it seems to be only rewards now? I couldn't enter battles

on another note, how hard is it to get moogle's 2nd level break to lv80 from Celes event? I have a full team of 65's

Oh my bad :( I cleared the mobius event so fast I didn't realize it was rewards only now

Fwiw the ff1 mobius characters are all pretty bad

Man, these last 4 JP lucky pulls have been pretty amazing over the past week for me:

Bard:
Onion's BSSB bracer
Echo' ssb fabled maracas
Thancred's ssb bracer
Ramza's Plat Sword SSB, but I already have that +++'d so this goes to storage

Curaga Lucky:
Sarah's Lute SSB
Penelo's Holy Rod SSB
Selphie Crescent wish SSB (This was a dupe)

En-Element:
Warrior of Light's BSSB Shield (Holy)
Ayame's (XI) BSSB Katana (Ice)

BSSB Lucky:
Luneth's BSSB Gungnir Spear (en-wind)
Freya's BSSB Heavy Lance
Hope's BSSB Ninurta (Holy)

and now I see that the Ultros banner is a free pull, so yet another nice relic. I do have OK's gloves, Tidus OSB Ramza's plat sword (fully evolved) and Aeriths' BSSB.

So that's 6 new BSSB's added to the team and 4 ssb's, 2 of which are medicas. Damn!
I now have:
2 OSBs (Tidus/Lightning)
12 BSSBs (the above 6 new ones and Sephiroth, Ashe, Galuf, Aerith, Shadow+, Bartz)
31 offensive relics SSBS and 7 defensive SSBs
and a whole bunch of SB/Shared/Non relics.

In general, abilities, equipment, and SBs will be more determinative than your levels. Do you have a good selection of 4 star abilities at least?

Wazzy

Banned
Hmmm not really sure if I'll be doing a lot of pulls on the upcoming VIII banner since most of it is on the OSB banner and I want to save my mythril. I'll maybe do one or two pulls and that's it.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, I utterly destroyed those FF6 BBs. It is my strongest RS realm, and this clearly showed.

SBs used: Lightning BSB, WoL SSB, Tyro BSB, Ramza Shout, RW SG.

I completely ignored everything but the boss and had no issues whatsoever with my A-Team.

SBs used: Locke SSB, Celes SSB, Kefka Magic Infusion, Mog Sunbath, RW SG.

The only change I would have made would be to bring Banishing Strike to dispel Protect instead of bringing Flare Strike (which I only used once as her final attack). Setzer went down to Falling Rocks right before the Ultros went down for the final time.

Inbachi

Neo Member
My goodness the current Nightmare boss was a chore for me. I was constantly hanging on by a thread and he would never throw up lightning and water.

There was one time the stars aligned and I finally hit the 2 target score conditions, made it to the third phase, needed one more attack (his life was so low I couldn't see anything in the bar) and I accidentally hit "attack". He counter attacked and wiped my party.

I nearly spiked my Note 7 into my tile floor but I didn't want it to go nuclear and burn down my neighborhood.

Hours of s/l later I finally beat and mastered that bastard but holy hell, RNG was fisting me hard the entire time.

Kenai

I'm actually kind of sad that i saw what's on that banner 4 cause I know it's likely to change for global. That's amazing relics for most if not all of my favorite characters that have BSB and OSBs

Razmos

Thought I was doing really well against Ultros until he used Gigavolt and did nearly 6000 damage to my party, killing 4 of them at once. And that was with mitigation. Absurd damage. Not going through all that again just to be one shot by a bullshit attack.

thedan001

In general, abilities, equipment, and SBs will be more determinative than your levels. Do you have a good selection of 4 star abilities at least?

I managed to scrape by to the love's end +++ for the memory crystal II

I used lv65 team of cloud, wakka, tidus, garnet, and vivi. I could've switched a couple of other chars for RS bonus but they were mostly lv50's

I know I wont be able to stand up for 140+ difficulties yet

I got a couple of orbs to call characters that I missed out, any recommendations?

High Summoner's Robe with my 100 gems, very very happy! I don't have Sheep Song but I have other ways to fit Hastega in a mage party, making the Short Charge 3 + Mag 30% + Heavy Regen from Braska a very interesting buff! Also noticed late that the robe has Holy + damage.

Edit: Looks like Triple Burst Fest will have guaranteed 5*. I don't know what to do anymore...

Tidd

G5 will be there for TBF! Wow, now I have to pull on banner 3. G5 is only for 11x pulls.

But I want these on single pulls.
/s

I have 26 mythril do I get 24 more till Banner 3? Of course I'm up-to-date with the story realms.

Looking through these Banners again I maybe pull on Banner 2. I still need a curaga SSB. And I wouldn't mind Keeper's Tome or the Dagger of Resolve. Excaliburs are also great.

MrDaravon

Fuuuuuuck G5 for these banners? I'm so fucking mad I thought these banners were happening later, I totally wasted my mythril pulling on the first FF6 banner, so mad at myself. I have like....19 mythril right now.

None of the banners are bad, but banner 2 is ridiculous for me as I have nothing on it, and would kill to get either Celes' or Terra's items as well as ANY of the 3 medicas as they're all Curagas and I have no Curaga medicas but a bunch of Cura ones. I...may have to spend money on this.

done with cid mission. took a lot of s/l and re configuring party and I ultimately caved and created meltdown, honed chain blizzaga to r3 and egged paine to level 75.

I have really good stat stick synergy for X but basically only HotF and lulu's firaga fury 3x hit as far as decent sbs (two old tidus sbs, aurons dragon fang sb, just not up to snuff in this battle) I do have 2 uncombined fire bracers.

Paine on banish strike and saint cross using the chance to double knight strike
lulu on meltdown and firaja duty. chance to double black magic (yes, this worked on meldown for around 22k extra damage)
braska chain blizzaga waterja freebie rod for healing sb
rikku breakdance, steal power, sb shared protecga-used it via mako might after using each ability once
yuna-curaja shellga hotf via dr mog
rw: wall

I haven't paid attention to the banners, but now with g5 i feel compelled to pull on banner 2 to try to get a 3rd bartz excalibur. I also have 2 of rosa's bows, so a third would be great.

I might have enough for 2 pulls by the time this banner comes out. Just gotta clear several more realm dungeons.

Did Chocobo Eater Ultimate and Guardian Beast Ultimate+. Didn't really read the fights and scrolled down to the objectives. I didn't realize Chocobo Eater has moves that can ignore your defense and Guardian Beast haste and protectga was a surprise hahaha. Still took them down.

Banners 2 and 3 look good but I'm still a bit unsure of the others.

DeNA said:
The following relics are available during A Special Place.
Coming Soon!!
The triple burst schedule page left me really confused for a while (like 20 minutes :( ) then I figured out what exactly "A Special Place" is...it's the FFVIII event. I was seriously thinking "is this some sort of bonus banner and why is it Selphie focused...have they been reading the subreddit again?"

Tidd

But I want these on single pulls.
/s

I have 26 mythril do I get 24 more till Banner 3? Of course I'm up-to-date with the story realms.

I could have 47-48 mythril till the end of Banner 2. Guess I will spend some real money to get my pull. Thank god, you can finally pull with Mythril and gems combined!

WarAdept

Y. R. P CM

The one realm where I actually have too many options. I have Tidus BSB and Hastega and Jecht Boostga along with other stuff like Wakkas Attack Reels, Yunas BSB and stuff. I did quite a few runs before this but it was mostly silly experimentation such as native Hastega and Boostga with a mixed party and Maria's Song, and stuff like stacking buffs for Jecht (Maria's, Dark Bargain, Meteor Crush) to get stupid high Atk values.

Decided to keep it simple in the end. Poor thing basically drowned in a sea of Tidus BSB and Chain Blizzaga, despite not being boosted at all was doing crazy damage.

PumcE1W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom