• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Monk Motes, a reminder that Guy is just around the corner. He's also generally considered one of the best monks due to his wide amount of gear options. (The most of any Monk, besides Tyro obviously.) Plus Imperil Earth SSB works really well with Meteor Crush.

Looking forward to the FFX Mote dungeon, I'm gonna try to go the all magic route with Jecht as my Darkness Mage, because that's too much fun not to try.

Tidd

Ehm, guys.... I did my 100 gem pull and I don't know what happened. I expected my weekly 3* weapon but instead I got a 5*. OK, it will be probably some off-banner relic with my luck or one of the "bad" SSB's on the Banner. But have a look what I got:

1KU4Qzl.jpg

THIS IS POSSIBLE? You can actual get a BSB on your 100gem pull? AHHHH! Today is my lucky day!

Time to level up Tifa... I believe she's around 25 right now. Too bad I already beat Ultima Weapon with my A-team. I guess I have a reason to hone that new 6* ability.

Pejo

Jecht is one of my favorite "villains" in Final Fantasy, so I had to bust out some of the mythril I had been saving. Ended up doing a single 11 pull:

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy.

Considering I have two monk relics, tifas ancient boostga and the suicide glove, I'll be holding these spheres for a while unfortunately. I had to use my aaa team to wipe the boss out, two magic blinks Beatrix and rosa meant I was covered virtually the entire battle as far as magic defense goes.

In Jp land I pulled tyros new light armor usb thing, I have no idea what it does or how it functions, same confusion I have with ystolas bssb that I netted from the ultros pull. They did help me easily take out the u+ mandragoras which I couldn't crack before, at least.

greyshark

Guardian Beast CM down - had no native Hastega so I tried to take it on without it. Kept getting crushed in his very weak phase so I came back with Haste on Braska and fared MUCH better. Just about ran out of abilities but had enough to take him down. Having 2 shared heals was also super helpful to counter his 30% max damage attacks.

One of the more satisfying CM's for me - only lost 2 medals for damage.

Considering I have two monk relics, tifas ancient boostga and the suicide glove, I'll be holding these spheres for a while unfortunately. I had to use my aaa team to wipe the boss out, two magic blinks Beatrix and rosa meant I was covered virtually the entire battle as far as magic defense goes.

In Jp land I pulled tyros new light armor usb thing, I have no idea what it does or how it functions, same confusion I have with ystolas bssb that I netted from the ultros pull. They did help me easily take out the u+ mandragoras which I couldn't crack before, at least.

Oh man is platinum fist ancient? It still shows up all the time in my auto-equip loadouts. Gimme some dang physical SBs game.

thedan001

What exactly are motes? How is it related to the sphere skills?

5 dooms event explains it but still doesn't make sense to me, the 6* abilities pretty hard to get?

Falk

that puzzling face
Motes give you stats, open up ability usage and bonuses to schools (i.e. 6% more spellstrike damage, etc)

Specifically up till now 6* abilities have come from defeating Nightmare dungeons. This event is a new spinoff type that unlocks 6* for specific characters (via motes) rather than universally.

Razmos

Lol at that Ultimate+.

ULTIMA BEAM
QUAKERA
ULTIMA BEAM
QUAKERA
ULTIMA BEAM

And so much damage lol. Definitely need to bring a wall.

In case it hasn't been mentioned and you were wondering, investing into Lifebane on multiple characters will net you additional free Lifebane abilities which can be shattered, though this does limit the number of characters you unlock Monk-6 for.

Adeptrain

Ehm, guys.... I did my 100 gem pull and I don't know what happened. I expected my weekly 3* weapon but instead I got a 5*. OK, it will be probably some off-banner relic with my luck or one of the "bad" SSB's on the Banner. But have a look what I got:

THIS IS POSSIBLE? You can actual get a BSB on your 100gem pull? AHHHH! Today is my lucky day!

Time to level up Tifa... I believe she's around 25 right now. Too bad I already beat Ultima Weapon with my A-team. I guess I have a reason to hone that new 6* ability.

Congrats! I really wanted her bsb, but I got Braska's robes instead :/

Fauve

Is the Ultimate Weapon monk fight going away when the next part comes out tonight?

Edit: Never mind, I'm dumb. Didn't realize it said it's duration on the banner.

Ugh stamina overflow thanks to google account errors.

If you want to see what the top end content looks like in 6 months time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5el_KbWHHk0
Currently 76 players (out of 5298 challengers) have managed to beat it.. It is pretty cool the parties and abilities are listed. Apparently if you add them all up over the days it is less than 76 because of cheaters (so it seems AES encrypting the JSON files wasn't enough here).

Yeah, zero chance I'm clearing that. Might as well have called the boss Moby Dick. At least the only reward is Gil and not anything meaningful.

Pejo

Ugh stamina overflow thanks to google account errors.

If you want to see what the top end content looks like in 6 months time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5el_KbWHHk0
Currently 76 players (out of 5298 challengers) have managed to beat it.. It is pretty cool the parties and abilities are listed. Apparently if you add them all up over the days it is less than 76 because of cheaters (so it seems AES encrypting the JSON files wasn't enough here).

Man, I'll never have the ambition to do stuff this hard in the game. It's cool for players that enjoy the challenge though.

Also, that medley is badass.

Man, I'll never have the ambition to do stuff this hard in the game. It's cool for players that enjoy the challenge though.

Also, that medley is badass.

I like that it's there for the super hard core. I'm glad I won't ever feel the need to complete it if I can't. And yeah that medley rocks

Falk

that puzzling face
GUYS

the pull to end all pulls

i'm set for life

bgAVq6Dl.jpg

all the shitty pulls were to lead up to this point

i will no longer be known as falk-tier

you will now address me as Post-Falk

Enfire, Magic Blink, Ramza BSSB holy shit

Tidd

Game don't give me two rainbows and more or less the same relic... ._. Guess I'm set for magic heavy fights.
I'm happy with it since it's exactly what I needed.
Still want that Dagger

Grats to everyone! Seems like nobody is unlucky anymore! Reddit pull thread almost looks too good to be true. What I get out of this is that I should not pull on Banner 3, I will get 1 Genji Shield as my G5! I should save my Mythrils for Eiko 1. My IX synergy sucks, her BSB is amazing and the banner in general is great.

Out of all the festivals I never pulled a 5* 100 gems, maybe this one is the one and I will get something good!

Falk

that puzzling face
Average 13% 5* vs average 21% 5* (what it works out to be with 1 5* + 10 x 13%) is a massive jump.

Getting it early has the added effect of temporarily inflating its value, especially on banners where the vast majority of it are trophies, since it's not a secondary (but great) consolation prize on a banner with a bigger trophy (OSBs)

Average 13% 5* vs average 21% 5* (what it works out to be with 1 5* + 10 x 13%) is a massive jump.

Getting it early has the added effect of temporarily inflating its value since, especially on banners where the vast majority of it are trophies, since it's not a secondary (but great) consolation prize on a banner with a bigger trophy (OSBs)

Yep! DeNa will garner a lot of positive feelings toward them with the early inclusion of G5 for this fest, great move on their part. The absence of off-banner no SB 5* from GAF is great too!

thedan001

Stop it he's dead already

God damn Odin was the easiest hard content that RK has ever put out freaking crushed him.

What do I need to do to be ready for Odin and Ultima Weapon 160 difficulty?

I've been playing the game like crazy and using up my stockpile of mythrils to do relic draws and refill stamina to catch up

So far I got cloud, mog and gilgamesh to 80, but I havent crafted any of new abilities yet, my gear is so-so, around 300 atk and 300 magic I think, without RS bonus

I've been using cloud retaliate 2x cut because thats all I knew how to do before and it's gotten me to 120 difficulty clears just fine but I know it's not enough for 160

Any tips?

Falk

that puzzling face
lolol i thought the only one still doing retaliate would be firehawk

Are you 10-pulling on these banners? The whole guaranteed 5* thing changes up the dynamic quite a bit.

I think you're going to have a bit of a hard time with the harder content till you get your abilities honed, which may mean next time Orbfest rolls around, but you definitely want to see what kind of gear you can get in the interim.

thedan001

Are you 10-pulling on these banners? The whole guaranteed 5* thing changes up the dynamic quite a bit.

That's why I've been taking advantage of the 11 draw's atm, I will do a couple of 11 draws, probably phase 2 and 3 since I read those 2 are the better ones

I'm a little overwhelmed with the orb ability department, idk which are worth making at this point. Are full mage teams still meta?

I got gilgamesh's genji blade and Lightning's peacemaker couple days ago, which is why I decided to unlock gilgamesh from the first get go

I'm a little overwhelmed with the orb ability department, idk which are worth making at this point. Are full mage teams still meta?

While it never really entirely left, it's making a great comeback with the right relics and new abilities. I am a huge fan of mage party and I want to make a big post about this but I need to hit the bed... :/

New relics like Celes BSB also make hybrid parties very viable now on harder content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom