• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just went and did Barthandelus now. Considering I intend to bring SG for the 3-man, I think the doom timer is gonna be a bigger concern than mitigating his damage with Slow so I CBA aiming for a mastery on it, considering only 6 ability slots.

Gonna spend the next few days focused on catching up on classics and doing whatever elites give me stamina for refreshes. I'm so far behind I looked up where the mem crystal was for characters I got to 50 in the event like Luneth and WoL, I only just unlocked the Elite that has WoL and still haven't gotten to Luneth's yet :X

Nohar

Elite paintings are becoming very tough now. Synergy equipment and good abilities are a must. And, well, trash mobs can really hurt...

Razmos

Getting around to doing the VII painting elites now that I have good synergy, as well as hoping in vain that Cloud's RM3 drops :/

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, doing the last two months of Elites without a baseline 5* set and at least 3++ or 4 synergy equipment to sweeten it sounds like it'd be all kinds of flavors of awful.

Meteor/Valefor have also been MVP for no-fuss AOEing (soon to be joined by Ruinga)

Grinding on the EXP daily is so painfully boring and tedious. I'd rather just keep using my core team and focus on getting more stamina. I have so many levels that I haven't unlocked as a result of getting caught up in all the events.

Didn't keep track of exactly how many orbs I'd gotten but here's where I ended up
zICmYyY.jpg
Only 5* orbs I've spent in the past were a handful for some 4* summons (r2 phoenix, alexander, ixion. r4 valefor)
I'm at the point where I could make a few different 5* abilities but hone none of them. Will probably make Full Break soon as I'm sure that even having just 2 uses of it will come in handy now and then. On the fence about Meteor.. kind of want to put those MEO to Barrage instead, but I'm hurtin' for MPO.

MrDaravon

Damn, hearing that people haven't cleared all of the Classic/Elite dungeons makes me feel a little bit better with my progress, I think I still have a ways to go on clearing stuff >_>. I'll run the XP dungeon today since practically speaking that's probably the right call, but after today I'm going to try to focus on getting through Classics for Stamina and character unlocks.

MicH

The new IV elite with the r-rex bosses is horrendous. Mostly trash mobs consisting of those annoying dragons with over 10k HP and the bosses have an obnoxious attack that can inflict sleep, blind and confusion on EVERYONE

Jyrii

Banned
The new IV elite with the r-rex bosses is horrendous. Mostly trash mobs consisting of those annoying dragons with over 10k HP and the bosses have an obnoxious attack that can inflict sleep, blind and confusion on EVERYONE

Yep, it took me several S/L on that boss battle. RW with the skill to remove status ailments and aoe heal is a godsent in that fight.

Falk

that puzzling face
Tyrannosaur? Worst part is it's the only reliable (heh, 'reliable') place to get Major Power for about a month or so.

Kenai

Yep, it took me several S/L on that boss battle. RW with the skill to remove status ailments and aoe heal is a godsent in that fight.

Hmm. Maybe I will switch my RW to Y'shtola then. 6* Robe! (that doesn't actually matter but woo)

Jyrii

Banned
Hmm. Maybe I will switch my RW to Y'shtola then. 6* Robe! (that doesn't actually matter but woo)

I also suggest not using fire spells. Quake is better, since it can hit through reflect. It doesn't do nearly as much dmg, but it does hit both of the Lunasaurs.
Fira strike is useful.

Edit. I am talking about normal version though. That strategy probably doesn't work on elite.

Kenai

Yup, switched out my Brutal Sanction Hope for Medica 2 Y'shotla if anyone want to use her for clearing/farming Tsaur.

9gto

Yep, fuck those things. There were several times that I had killed one and the last was a few turns away from dying when it used Bad Breath, which fucked me.

One attempt the last one killed one of my guys the turn before he died. I decided to finish anyway, thinking I'd still get mastery despite losing the 3 medals for the "no KO" condition. Wrong, as I lost medals for damage taken and some for actions taken in the stages leading up to the boss. All that stamina, down the drain.

Fuck those things with a rusty pineapple.

Jyrii

Banned
Thankfully the bosses get easier after that. Plague Horror was easy, Ogopogo wasn't too hard either though it has AoE attack. Biran & Yenke were easier than the mobs.

Seymour Flux can be tricky.

Nohar

Well, Atomos (Elite) wasn't hard, but it took a while to kill it.

Only FFIV (Elite) paintings left... Urg, not looking forward to this. I don't have good synergy equipment for that realm. Oh well, at least I think I have what I need to kill the bosses.

MicH

Looks like I'm getting R2 Meteor once the Celes event hits. I need four more MEO, Hope bonus battles gives out two and the Celes event gives out three in total. Awesome! A bit further away from Full Break R2 though (need 11 MPO, 6 MLO)

Almost done with DU12. Just need the last two X classics and elites. I find myself bringing Red XIII 90% of the as my support user of choice as I have access to Lunatic High, which is really, really nice to have. I also always bring either Yuna (Hymn of the Faith) or Y'shtola (Stoneskin II) because I have their relics and they are extremely useful. Gonna try getting the Vega one last time tonight. If I don't get it then I'm done trying

MicH

I sunk 185 Mythril and got 2 5* Power to show for it.

RIP Full Break r2 dreams rofl
I spent 30 and got 2 as well :p (AND WAY TOO MANY GREATER POWER)

After checking what I need for Meteor R2 I think I've finally decided not to hone Ruinga once I get it. R2 Meter + R4 Valefor + R2 Maduin will be enough for trash clearing. I can't wait to hone some of my -ja spells though!

B.K.

I tried to do Barthandelus a while ago and lost. I made it to the second form and got his HP down to about 50%, but he started spamming his laser attack. I guess I'll try it again when I have the stamina. I messed up with my party. I should have taken Snow. I've got a decent XIII fist for him.

Falk

that puzzling face
For me, Ruinga isn't going to replace Meteor - it's going to replace Comet for me for being the 'got to the boss, need some sustained DPS now' non-elemental, and is far easier to get to r4 (and eventually r5) than Meteor. The bonus it has over Comet is, of course, being able to also AOE on trash, freeing up one Summon slot for a heal or something (which is ironic considering I just got Maduin up too)

Of course, this used to be Quake, but I've gotten surprise spankings from too many Earth absorb/nulls already that I couldn't be arsed.

edit

I just realized that thanks to Pumpkin, Wakka is going to be my man for Full Break/Magic Breakdown on the bonus quest

Razmos

Holllllly shit.

Had enough mythril for 4 pulls + 100 gem pull on the second Hope banner. Got three 3* items, a terrible 4* item and on my final pull, the Vega 42's! the exact item I was pulling for!

Praise RNGesus!

nacarelli

Neo Member
Almost done with DU12. Just need the last two X classics and elites. I find myself bringing Red XIII 90% of the as my support user of choice as I have access to Lunatic High, which is really, really nice to have. I also always bring either Yuna (Hymn of the Faith) or Y'shtola (Stoneskin II) because I have their relics and they are extremely useful. Gonna try getting the Vega one last time tonight. If I don't get it then I'm done trying

Yep, same here. I'm gonna do a 100-gem pull + 3-pull and that's it. Really lacking in FF 13 synergy to the point that I was pretty happy with the Halloween treats.

Edit: My 100-gem pull got me a 3*, then I ask for my girlfriend to do a sinvle pull for me and... A FUCKING VEGA!!!

Razmos

Grats! Keep Yuna as your RW, though! :p
Aha, no worries, Yuna is going to be staying for a while (unless people would rather I set Y'shtola's Medica for farming those dinosaur things)

Speaking of, I should resurrect the spreadsheet. I'll do that tommorow.

I dunno if I should add all 10(!!!!!) of my soul breaks though. (I can't believe I went from 3 relics to 10 relics in like 2 weeks, its mad. This combined with the high paying job offer I got makes me think i'm in a lucky streak :p)

Falk

that puzzling face
Spreadsheet has come to a weird spot since the first OT I think - everyone has a ton of soul breaks, and everyone wants different soul breaks for different reasons.

I think the only ones that are still rather rare at this point (and even then questionably so) is Advance, and Cloud's SSB because SSB.

edit: And I just realized I didn't add it to OP. Not sure how to really do that except go through the usual quote-to-reveal way though

One Major Black Orb away from Meteor R2... Thanks Phase 1 for being stingy on MBO! Any of those from events soon or I will need to farm one I don't know where?

Falk

that puzzling face
Depending how fast you burn him down, going with just magic mitigation and praying for no Smile (AOE physical long range) is a legit tactic. It's 1/4 chance, so with Slow up and Boon via RW, you're getting ~3 turns for his 1, so if you take 9 turns to blow him up, it's 3/4 ^ 3 or 42% chance of no smile.

e.g. savescum city yet again EHEHEHE

One Major Black Orb away from Meteor R2... Thanks Phase 1 for being stingy on MBO! Any of those from events soon or I will need to farm one I don't know where?

Black is far more farmable than Power. It drops from Plague in FFIV (as opposed to Tyrannosaur) and by its very nature the fight goes really fast. The rate is absolutely atrocious though - think majors from +++ in the past atrocious.

Road

Barthandelus quest cleared with Tidus (Double Cut / Armor Break), Cloud (Tempo Flurry / Advantaliate) and Vaan (Double Cut / Magic Breakdown). S/l nightmare until a fight where he didn't use Thanatosian Smile. Brought Vaan for sap, but didn't even use it. A magic party would probably have been easier, considering my equips, but it's done.

Edit: the last boss in the rush hits like an oil tanker. For those going with mage meta, Power Break/down + Sentinel Grimoire advisable, back row will not protect you. Or you can do like me and s/l until he doesn't spam his ridiculous abilities.

Black is far more farmable than Power. It drops from Plague in FFIV (as opposed to Tyrannosaur) and by its very nature the fight goes really fast. The rate is absolutely atrocious though - think majors from +++ in the past atrocious.

Thanks! Ugh... Might just wait for the next one that is a reward from an event. I just hope it's not too far. I will see how bored I get I guess.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Made a little spreadsheet with a list of things for me to do in the next week or so in FFRK; basically have one column for painting, one column for stamina, one column for difficulty, one column for reward. Listed every painting that has 2 stamina (I only have 111 so it's probably time to play catchup in that respect), memory crystals, or record materia that I want, sorted by difficulty up, and started picking off the low hanging fruit. Pretty handy, made good progress today.

Event-wise, I'll probably just focus on memory crystals while I get caught up with the main content.

alcheim

I miss last week's Orb dungeon so much. Even just the amount of experience and gold you get for each run made it all worthwhile.

MicH

Gathered the last mythril I needed for my second 11-pull. Again, no Vega, but I got another Blazefire Sabre and Binding Rod :p Also hot the new light armor jacket. Oh well, both were great pulls and I now have XIII synergy out the ass. The Paladin has a really good ATK stat

Falk

that puzzling face
Edit: the last boss in the rush hits like an oil tanker. For those going with mage meta, Power Break/down + Sentinel Grimoire advisable, back row will not protect you. Or you can do like me and s/l until he doesn't spam his ridiculous abilities.

Not gonna lie, Snow as actually useful as a tank for that plus Alexander.

edit: ok, I think this is overkill

edit2: Aerith because both Barthandelus and his pauldrons are vulnerable to Stop.

Poor Barthandelus got curbstomped

OKIPXoPl.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
I even got Planet Protector up on wave 2 instead of saving the bar for Stop. Magic Breakdown was hitting for 9999

Pretty much everything was hitting for 9999 including Ruinga because of Witch's Hat + XIII 5* rods.

WHO NEEDS MENTAL BREAKDOWN HEHE

The best part was just mowing down the trash though.

Here I am already trying to farm that MBO from Mike Wazowski. At least the dungeon is only 61 stamina. I don't think that I would be able to airplane a GBO.

Any good place to see the reward for upcoming events like Celes?

Falk

that puzzling face
Not summarized all on one page/in one spreadsheet, but KBP has everything in list form.

edit: Nothing so far through Zidane event for 5* Black ahahaha. Lulu event gives 3.

Checking the DUs next.

edit: FF6 painting in next DU gives one alongside Maria's MC.

Yay GRATZ GORL! <3

Now you just need Lulu's :D
Thanks. <3 I tried to text you but it wasn't sending. XD

When I saw that one rainbow orb I made my peace to be happy with whatever it was, but then it was Paladin and I let out a yelp. Now the true hoarding for Lulu begins.

Nohar

So, I need advices: I already have Waterja R4, Ruinga R4 and Quake R3. I'm running low on 4* Black Orbs. Which is the next -ja spell I should hone? I would say Thundaja, but I want to be sure. I should have enough to craft both Thundaja R3 and Firaga R3 (but after that, I'm done with 4* Black Magic until orb conversion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom