• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
The go-to meta right now is stocking up on multi-hit physical abilities, stacking flat multipliers on them to get around the ATK and buff-stacking softcaps (i.e. +30% Knight ability damage RM + Saint's Cross) and running Shout or other Boostga + Hastega combos (RW Shout if you don't have it)

This shifts more to an element stacking meta in the coming months which favors both physical and magic. For example, I've got Balthier SSB (imperil fire) and Terra's Enfire hat, which along with a Fire RM is going to hit like a truck.

Other current examples are one of the Excaliburs (banner 2 lol) for Holy Damage boost on the weapon coupled with Cecil BSSB, which also happens to be an Excalibur but has an additional Enholy upon BSSB usage, coupled with a Holy damage or Knight ability damage RM.

thedan001

*takes notes*

This is great help!

I hadn't even considered to look into RM listings and find out which ones are useful to get, that means leveling characters to get RM's even if I don't plan on using those chars (x.x)

hesho

hmmmmmm i honestly am torn if i want to pull on this banner.

i have 270 mythrils but the current banner, i already have celebur and rosa's divine heal. A little worried about pulling a duplicate :(

any suggestions?

Credo

1st pull: Artemis Bow (Rosa)
Tiara (Terra)

2nd pull: Tiara (Terra)
Excalibur (Celes)

Very disappointed. I want the Iga Blade pretty badly and one of the other BSBs would be nice since they're all in my main group. I can't decide whether to pull again or not.

*takes notes*

This is great help!

I hadn't even considered to look into RM listings and find out which ones are useful to get, that means leveling characters to get RM's even if I don't plan on using those chars (x.x)
Cloud for his Mako Might RM, Tyro for his Dr. Mog's Teachings(start with 1 soul gauge per dungeon)
Ramza and Tidus for Battleforged and Ace Striker. (50% more soul gauge for attacks and abilities)
One-eye General from Beatrix (20% more damage with swords)
The rest depends on your party setup. Beatrix RM isn't really required.

160 dungeons requires a medica, boostga and wall. You can always RW one if you have the other 2. Protectga and Shellga is good unless you have an SBB or BSSB that gives both.

Mage Meta is actually coming back, with Krile's Sheep Song and Cele's Maria Song, and run multi-hitting spells like Chain Blizzaga. Not sure if either of those stack? It looks like the same buffs.

Only want Dagger's dagger and maybe Terra's SBB? Not gonna get enough mythrils for 3 pulls once banner 3 comes around.

hutna

tumblr_oe7281tYh71qgv4sao1_400.png

Fuck this game.

Got celes Terra and rosa's super items and a Ff14 summoner horn.

Don't even have rosa yet. Time to unlock her!

This is Terra's 2nd super item for me. I also have her rod. So she's gonna be my best mage me thinks.

Celes has been egged to 50.

I wanted a burst, but this wasn't a bad haul!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lolol i thought the only one still doing retaliate would be firehawk

Are you 10-pulling on these banners? The whole guaranteed 5* thing changes up the dynamic quite a bit.

I think you're going to have a bit of a hard time with the harder content till you get your abilities honed, which may mean next time Orbfest rolls around, but you definitely want to see what kind of gear you can get in the interim.
#retameta for life.

Falk

that puzzling face
with Krile's Sheep Song and Cele's Maria Song

Not sure if either of those stack?

Sheepsong is 601 (MAG buff)

Maria's Song is 610 (MAG+ATK)

So Sheepsong is actually a generic MAG buff like Faith (albeit stronger than previous magic boostgas like Kefka, and with regen), but Maria's Song stacks with it.

Incidentally, I need to do re-test this but I'm pretty damn sure Krile's BLM fastcast SSB overwrote my Powerchain :mad:

Kain

Not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling

I'll be strong.

It helps that these fights are easy as fuck (I didn't even heal in Odin)

Razmos

Just broke Delita's second cap and saw his second record materia (auto-magic lure) and it's pretty awesome. Is there a draw fire version of it as well?

#returnoftheretaliatemeta

If anyone is planning on trying the sleep + Mage meta strategy for tonight's FFX Mote Dungeon, I've set Reno's SSB as my RW. (100% sleep + MAG damage, geared for MND.)

92sf

First 11 pull: Excalibur VI
Second 11 pull: Excalibur V, Excalibur VI

I guess I should combine the Excalibur VIs but I keep thinking the what if "oh no I combined them and now there is this boss where I need to use physical holy and have one less holy boosting weapon" but honestly I don't see myself crafting a second copy of Saint's Cross any time soon.

MiTYH

Not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling not pulling

Ah, the song of my people.

I'm saving up for banner 4... or 5, they seem to have the most ot offer me that I don't already have

If anyone is planning on trying the sleep + Mage meta strategy for tonight's FFX Mote Dungeon, I've set Reno's SSB as my RW. (100% sleep + MAG damage, geared for MND.)

92sf

So I assume mage meta for this is mostly watching Yuna, Lulu, and Braska slowly nukem down while 1-2 melee characters cheerlead on the side?

Falk

that puzzling face
Having the other two slept while you burst down Cindy makes Cid mission pretty okay.

Especially considering Tidus can PC/FC

MrDaravon

Did two paid pulls which is the first time I've ever paid for an 11 pull, and looking at future banners probably will be for quite some time lol.

1st pull: Iga Blade, Ochu Tentactle (generic no SB FF8 whip what the fuck)
2nd pull: Artemis Bow

I realllly wanted the Celes/Terra items + a Curaga medica, so a whiff on the first part but I'm happy to get my first Curaga medica after drowning in Cura medicas. I also didn't have a medica at all for FF4 and this is my first party blink item so I'm pretty happy about that. As someone who doesn't have anything for Ramza I'm pretty happy to get the Iga Blade though. For general A-Team purposes where there aren't realm or other requirements I'm currently rocking:

Lightning with PC/FC with her Crushing Blow SSB + Kaiser Shield (+lightning)
Basch with Banishing Strike/Saint Cross + Platinum Shield with Apocalypse Shield SB
Vaan with Life Siphon/Thief's Revenge + his BSB
Tyro with whatever/Full Break + SG
Yuna with Curaja/whatever + Hymn of the Fayth
RW: Shout

So given my drops here I guess I would swap Yuna out for Rosa (losing the regen is a bit of a bummer but larger heal plus Blink makes it worth it?), but I'm not sure if Ramza's BSB here gives him a spot? He can use Full Break but I'd lose native Wall. I could swap him in for Basch and he can utilize the Platinum Shield as well, but he can't use Saint Cross which is a pretty solid damage dealer. On the other hand Basch rarely gets his SB filled by the time a fight is over so his SB is largely a non-issue; so I could put Ramza in there with Life Siphon to get him his BSB in a reasonable fashion so he can start doing the damage that way instead? That also gives me more flexibility in that Ramza can equip Full Break if I need some sort of utility ability on Tyro for medal or other conditions.

Ochu Tentacle????

greyshark

Odin ended up being ridiculously easy - did not feel like a U+ difficulty fight. I don't even have much to say about it - just queued up my strongest abilities and he was down in 3-4 rounds.

Ok, mage meta team questions. Help me out.

I have sheepsong.

I have two ssbs for Terra.

I have Rosa's artemis bow.

And ex deaths super armor with blink.

That's 4 characters.

I have tyro at 80 with stormlance.

I have Cid Raines cape, which isn't too appealing.

I have yshtola and thyrus.

I also have Rydias holy blink whip.

Trying to figure out who should be the 5th member.

I do have celes and indomitable blade. Dunno how that works with the magic blink tho.

I figure mako might goes to Krile for SS.

Who should dr. Mogs teaching go to?

Need help figuring out which blink person gets the 2nd mm record material and who my 5th member should be.

Having the other two slept while you burst down Cindy makes Cid mission pretty okay.

Especially considering Tidus can PC/FC

I was planning on using Sleep. I've got Sheepskin Coat (FF8), which has a shared Sleepga with a 50% success rate. I'll just have Wakka use Wrath and that soulbreak while Lulu, Yuna, and Papa Braska nuke. I've got R4 Holy, R4 Flare, R3 Chain Blizzaga, R5 Maduin, and R5 Quetzalcoatl, which I assume will be enough, but I don't know what the boss stats are yet. I was going to give Lulu Poison as well, which should add up.

Looked up what Cindy's stats were in Japan. I'll be able to deal about 270k damage to her with the above loadout, not even factoring Poison, so I'll be good. AoE damage is a about 10k short of taking out her friends, but Cindy only has 215k HP so I'll have leftover Holy/Flare anyway.

So, for those who haven't completed Mote Ifrit or his corresponding Cid Mission: Are you going to be giving it a go tonight with the new Chain Blizzaga and Snowspell Strike?

I wanted Excalibur, it gave me Excalibur, just not from FF VI lol.
My Bartz is a powerhouse now. He has his BSB and SSB. There was a good chance I could have pulled dupes for Keeper's Tome, Iga Blade or Crescent Wish. I'm more surprised all of it is new. Will probably give Celes her own Excalibur as a stat stick.
Now to wait for banner 3.

So what do you normally do with 4 star equipment? FFRK reddit says its bad to sell them. That's what I was doing for months lol. Do I combine them to marginally make them better?

RivalCore

I wanted Excalibur, it gave me Excalibur, just not from FF VI lol.

My Bartz is a powerhouse now. He has his BSB and SSB. There was a good chance I could have pulled dupes for Keeper's Tome, Iga Blade or Crescent Wish. I'm more surprised all of it is new. Will probably give Celes her own Excalibur as a stat stick.
Now to wait for banner 3.

So what do you normally do with 4 star equipment? FFRK reddit says its bad to sell them. That's what I was doing for months lol. Do I combine them to marginally make them better?

They're pretty good at filling in realm synergy. I actually wish there was more of them to get. It would take the sting off.

B.K.

I managed to scrape together 50 Mythril and do an 11 pull on banner two. The only 5* I got was the guaranteed one. I got Selphie's SSB. I'm starting to get tired of getting mage gear. The last dozen or so 5* items I've gotten have all been rods, staves, or mage armor. The game REALLY wants me to run mages.

I'm hoarding all my mythril for Onion Knight's banner and I knew entering this thread was a bad idea, I had to pull :D

jlZkqPYl.jpg

Finally a magic blink and Dagger's BSB (my first one) is a nice plus.

hesho

So, for those who haven't completed Mote Ifrit or his corresponding Cid Mission: Are you going to be giving it a go tonight with the new Chain Blizzaga and Snowspell Strike?

nope...

because i don't care. I haven't finished most nightmare ultimates either. Setting up seems too annoying

Pulled 2 5* and they were both Porom's mace. Lame. Medica+Hastega kind of seems like a waste considering that you'll want to get your haste up at the start of the battle and using this SB would to do that would just be throwing away a party heal. I suppose that there's a benefit in having the hastega be on a character with high MND. It would keep your party under haste a bit longer if you don't get a chance to reapply your buffs. Still, meh.

100 mythril left. Not sure where to pull. Phase 3 isn't really doing it for me outside of Artemis Bow and Healing Staff. Phase 4 looks kind of interesting with the +holy gear, magic blink+medica, and medica+RES. I've also got Balthier's SSB that makes enemies weak to fire which could play nice with Squall's BSB.

So I assume mage meta for this is mostly watching Yuna, Lulu, and Braska slowly nukem down while 1-2 melee characters cheerlead on the side?

I think you can make a Mage team work for CM - Rikku could provide support with her Dancer skills.
You can set up Jecht as a Darkness Mage too if you have any MAG based swords or throw weapons.

Yuna, Braska, Lulu, Jecht, Rikku

First four MAG nuke, while Rikku uses dances.

thedan001

Any reason to 11 pull in the beginner's choice or keeper's choice?

Or more worthwhile to invest in the new banners since it guarantees a 5* anyway with posssible SSB/BSB?

Is it safe to get rid of 3* or less gear now? I have plenty of 4* and 5* but not for every realm

92sf

Thanks Hours Left! Having Lulu's Hairpin and Braska's High Summoner's Robe, I will soooo RW this for CM. Will need to use good old haste spell, though!

Wouldn't spend any mythrils on the beginner's choice. Its all outdated. The Keeper's choice has some of the older ssb like Organics, unless you want one of the other relics like Grand Armor.
Keeper's choice Vol. 2 has Shout and SG, but we don't know when that banner will be available. With G5, I would spend all my mythrils to get Shout. SG would be a plus too. Save your mythrils for Vol.2.
Cloud OSB should be coming up soon and there is Onion Knight's OSB later.

Ok thanks to Braska, Lulu and Hours Left RW, this Mote Dungeon CM was the easiest thing I did in a long time! No Haste at all and Jecht was at 27 on the Memento Mori timer when Cindy died...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom