• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to try again tomorrow once the friend list resets I WAAAAY over tuned for AOE damage and brought curaja on Yuna because I'm an idiot/creature of habit along with thiefs revenge on Rikku cause I have no idea what I'm doing.

Honed up the following and will probably stomp tomorrow

Chain Blizzaja r1 -> r2
Memento Mori r1 -> r2
Dark Zone/Void? r1 -> r2
Res lowering dance r1 -> r2

Thought about bumping Valefor to r5, chain blizzaja to r3, and/or Bahamut to r3, but I'll try with the above tomorrow.

Thanks again Hours Left you're mad clutch.

I still haven't honed Memento Mori or Dark Zone, because I don't have anything for any darkness mages yet. I guess MM/DZ stand on their own, but I have enough options that I've never needed them. Usually when I bring a darkness mage, it's because they have White-4+ and they're filling a healer or Shellga slot.

I'll have to try again tomorrow once the friend list resets I WAAAAY over tuned for AOE damage and brought curaja on Yuna because I'm an idiot/creature of habit along with thiefs revenge on Rikku cause I have no idea what I'm doing.

Honed up the following and will probably stomp tomorrow

Chain Blizzaja r1 -> r2
Memento Mori r1 -> r2
Dark Zone/Void? r1 -> r2
Res lowering dance r1 -> r2

Thought about bumping Valefor to r5, chain blizzaja to r3, and/or Bahamut to r3, but I'll try with the above tomorrow.

Thanks again Hours Left you're mad clutch.
No problem. There's a few more people that have their RW set to Reno, geared for FFX MND synergy on this site. You could give it another shot today then.

A small tip, since Rikku can't do any attacking, if you give her the Witch's Hat with the shared Witchcraft SB, she can help boost the rest of the party's magic. Try giving Jecht a Darkness DMG boosting RM too if you have it.

No problem. There's a few more people that have their RW set to Reno, geared for FFX MND synergy on this site. You could give it another shot today then.

A small tip, since Rikku can't do any attacking, if you give her the Witch's Hat with the shared Witchcraft SB, she can help boost the rest of the party's magic. Try giving Jecht a Darkness DMG boosting RM too if you have it.

Good call on the rikku witchcraft sb, and I'm going to bed so its tomorrow either way lol I did give Jecht a dark damage boosting rm sadly he only does 3k x2 because my best magic weapon for him is Rinoa's ssb

Edit: that was without the res down dance and the faithga boost so maybe he'll do like 4k x2 after the added buff/debuff

Good call on the rikku witchcraft sb, and I'm going to bed so its tomorrow either way lol I did give Jecht a dark damage boosting rm sadly he only does 3k x2 because my best magic weapon for him is Rinoa's ssb

Edit: that was without the res down dance and the faithga boost so maybe he'll do like 4k x2 after the added buff/debuff
I'm lucky enough to have Focus and Jecht's EnDark BSB, so he was doing 15k+ damage per Dark Zone. He was ripping things up, it was hilarious.

Ok, on my last try of Mote Ifrit CM for the day if not for the week. Got my dose of RNG bullshit, just can't stand being so close and getting 2-3 Meteors back to back near the end again and again. I just need a second RS MAG weapon, he would have been dead 10 times by now. I still try here and there because I know that with the right luck I can do it, I just don't have the patience some had for this.

I might end up not getting it done until Squall OSB event, not planning to pull during the event Friday. Maybe a Lucky Banner or a 100 gems will give me what I need to finish this before!

thedan001

Wouldn't spend any mythrils on the beginner's choice. Its all outdated. The Keeper's choice has some of the older ssb like Organics, unless you want one of the other relics like Grand Armor.
Keeper's choice Vol. 2 has Shout and SG, but we don't know when that banner will be available. With G5, I would spend all my mythrils to get Shout. SG would be a plus too. Save your mythrils for Vol.2.
Cloud OSB should be coming up soon and there is Onion Knight's OSB later.

Good call, what does O mean in OSB?

Having came back to the game recently, why can't I see onion knight in hall of rites to unlock him?

Overflow Soul Burst for breaking 9,999 damage cap and raising it up to 99,999 damage. Imagine multi-hit OSB.
Onion Knight isn't released yet.

Thanks for quick reply! I'll save mythrils then

Good call, what does O mean in OSB?

Having came back to the game recently, why can't I see onion knight in hall of rites to unlock him?
Overflow Soul Burst for breaking 9,999 damage cap and raising it up to 99,999 damage. Imagine multi-hit OSB.
Onion Knight isn't released yet.

Tidd

Tried the CM mage team with Reno's SSB but I didn't do enough damage... well it's just some orbs and even with my A-team it was quite challenging.
So I changed my A-team to Tyro, Zidane, Selphie, Bartz and Garnet and got it done. Tyro used Phantasm for the sleep. Rest was Lifesiphon, Tempo Flurry, Full Charge and SSB/BSB spam to get Cindy down. After that it was easy. Damage mitigation (Tyro, Garnet, Protectga and Shellga were probably a little too much but who cares.). Oh and Dreamstage is great. SO glad I pulled it. :D It was enough to champion it although I lost some medals.
Picture for better team overview:
5TzO0Qz.jpg
First mote dungeon DONE! I should try the others... and maybe start some Nightmare dungeons. Except for the first one I didn't touch them so far. <.<

greyshark

Ok, on my last try of Mote Ifrit CM for the day if not for the week. Got my dose of RNG bullshit, just can't stand being so close and getting 2-3 Meteors back to back near the end again and again. I just need a second RS MAG weapon, he would have been dead 10 times by now. I still try here and there because I know that with the right luck I can do it, I just don't have the patience some had for this.

I might end up not getting it done until Squall OSB event, not planning to pull during the event Friday. Maybe a Lucky Banner or a 100 gems will give me what I need to finish this before!

Are you still running the Rinoa BSB strategy? I'm not sure I'd have the patience for it - if you're short on RS mage gear would the addition of Chain Blizzaga and Snowspell Strike help get you over the top?

Negator

Abused Reno SSB and finished the FFX CM, and went back to the FF13 mote dungeon that I had not cleared before with a CM team and wow, that was a joke.

Still took a few tries to cm the magus sisters cause my awful ffx magic synergy limited my damage to the point I had to bank on lulu procing a few double cast to finish off cindy along with waiting to cast chain blizzaja/bahamut/meteor/dark void till all breaks and faithga were applied.

Mknzy

Should have taken a screen shot. Beat the Odin ultimate last night, it was the first 160 I beat. The special event synergy probably had a lot to do with it, but it felt REALLY good to clear one for the first time. Even cleared without losing any medals.

Razmos

So far Guaranteed 5&#9733; has been just that for me, the bare minimum, hehe.

I got Keeper's Tome this time, so that's probably good.
..Probably? Tyro is a beast with the attack boosts from his SSB and BSB and the HP and attack boosts from his sphere skills.

The only thing holding Tyro back was his middling stats, so he's a pretty great character now.

Plus the BSB itself is super useful since it is essentially Shellga, Protectga and Full Break all in one with a party wide magic blink on top of that.

Credo

Well, I blew 200 mythril on phase 2 alone, but I finally got a BSB. I wish it had been the Iga Blade, but it was just Garnet's Dagger of Resolve. I still have 300 mythril, but I've gotten burned so badly that I don't how much more I should spend and don't follow the game closely enough to know if/when a great banner is coming up in the future.

Isn't phase 3 of this Triple Burst draw supposed to be the last very good one?

Well, I blew 200 mythril on phase 2 alonel, but I finally got a BSB. I wish it had been the Iga Blade, but it was just Garnet's Dagger of Resolve. I still have 300 mythril, but I've gotten burned so badly that I don't how much more I should spend and don't follow the game closely enough to know if/when a great banner is coming up in the future.

Isn't phase 3 of this Triple Burst draw supposed to be the last very good one?

Last good across the board, banners 4 and 5 are high risk high reward

Credo

Last good across the board, banners 4 and 5 are high risk high reward

Thanks for the answer. As badly as I've done with draws for the past few months, the high risk part of 4 and 5 means I'll pass on it. Kind of tempted to throw another 50 at phase 2 in hopes of the Iga Blade or Keeper Tome, but I know it'll be in vain and result in a third copy of Rosa's bow.

Are you still running the Rinoa BSB strategy? I'm not sure I'd have the patience for it - if you're short on RS mage gear would the addition of Chain Blizzaga and Snowspell Strike help get you over the top?

Yea! Tried 5-6 times yesterday and 3 times today. The third time was the charm today! I made a few modifications and I was able to beat him with only one 5* RS MAG weapon. Chain Blizzaga on Rinoa (4.5kX2) instead of having her be a second Cure and Mental Break on Seifer intead of Draw Fire (used the Draw Fire RM) allowed me to beat him with 5 seconds left on Edea's Doom timer. Run had 2 Meteors, but they were not back to back. Just got lucky I guess.

bMQVhual.jpg

Now to convince myself not to pull tonight on Banner 3!

WarAdept

Fell asleep with phone in hand. Woke up to a dead party at King Bomb in XII story realm.

Was nearly at max stamina when I did that dungeon. ~260 stam wasted since then.

I'm actually considering a bloody refresh.

Pejo

Going all in with the rest of my Mythril tonight on Banner 3. Ideally I'd love Zidane or Locke's BSB, but there are a few other items I wouldn't mind on the banner. I still really want Pecil's BSB, but I refuse to throw more mythril at it after getting totally boned the past two banners with it in.

Ok, maybe just a 3 pull on banner 4.

ultra7k

Ugh, take that Magus Sisters. I hated trying to land Lullaby with CM mage meta + Rikku - Subbed in Kimahri for Jecht who was doing too little damage as it was, and blasted the sisters with sleep, and wailed away with spells.

Now if only RNG would work in my favour against the Kaiser Dragon - still need to get Water/Lightning in a fight to get that mastery.

Kenai

So I do my 11 pull (only had enough for one).

Bow x 2 (dupes), Yuffie, Thancred and Vanilla weapons.

I alllllmost was mad cause i was hoping for Locke dagger and would have traded it for all the rest, but another Hastega, a Blink from Yuffie to go with her heal, and Van Eel having a good SB really isn't bad.

Having a blue BSB bow will make be feel pretty whale-ish though (even if I have been pretty good about not spending)

Time to raise Locke and Zack. Dang, Locke's SB commands are pretty amazing! Its similiar to Tyro's bsb attack.
Finally got a more reliable Hastega than Divine Guardian. Man, both of them are level 1 lol.
I'll try to farm mythrils and do another pull, but its very unlikely unless Dena gives a ton of mythrils right now.

thedan001

Got Iga Blade, Artemis Bow (Rosa) and Crescent Wish

I was hoping for Keeper's Tome to go along with Sentinel Grimoire SB Tyro but nope

Just need a good SSB or SBS item for a healer then I should be able to tackle 120+ content after honing new abilities like lifesiphon and full break

thedan001

Your post confuses me!

Meant to say needed! I had school for 15 hours today so my thinking process is completely off

I replaced Cloud with Gilgamesh because of genji blade and put Lightning in the team for SSB and spellblades, deciding between Rosa or Selphie to replace as the healer

I kept Wakka in for his ball SB, and keeping Tyro in for master ability options

difficulty 120's should be doable now, which means I can pull in more crystal memory lode II's and unlock more record materia's

That's my progress so far

EDIT: I can't seem to find any good guides for realm dungeon unlock progression paths, the ones on reddit are outdated by a year. Anyone know a good one??

Red Dragon was pretty tanky, which is pretty normal for weakness-oriented bosses, but it was magnified by my choice to use less powerful ranged weapons, resist fire accessories, and not particularly offensive record materia. Recorded the encounter, which is linked below. I decided to unlock Ninja-6 for Tyro, which is the first 6* I've unlocked for him, but I seem to give him ninja scroll magic more often than others, so it made some sense (even though he breeches the MAG softcap far more easily). I'm approaching 40 Mythril, so between login bonuses and the upcoming FF8 event, I'll be able to pull on Banner 4 or Banner 5, but I'm not sure if I want to. I do have some interest in Banner 4, but I feel kind of heavy on Knight soulbreaks, such that I would get more practical use from a different set.

The Five Dooms: Blood Wyrm (Ultimate +)

Aww yeah, beat my first ultimate+! I think it was mostly because I finally broke down and put Tyro on my team so I could use native sentinel guardian instead of RWing it, and then I could RW shout. Plus my one BSSB is on Zidane so he kicked some ass. Bye bye red dragon!

Edit: aww yeah beat Odin too!
Edit 2: and Ultima Weapon!

Razmos

Got Faris's BSB from the 100 gem pull, nice. Kinda wish I'd done an 11 pull on the second banner now, since this was the relic I wanted from banner 3. Ah well. Still going to pull I think.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think it was mostly because I finally broke down and put Tyro on my team so I could use native sentinel guardian instead of RWing it,

I think it was because those Ultimate+s are pushovers.

sorry, not trying to be a jerk, just setting expectations. Native wall/RW Shout is a giant step in the right direction

I think it was because those Ultimate+s are pushovers.

sorry, not trying to be a jerk, just setting expectations. Native wall/RW Shout is a giant step in the right direction

Yeah yeah don't worry I don't have any delusions of me being some high level player or anything, it's just nice to be able to clear out everything from an event.

Red Dragon actually hurts lol. Gotta go back and configure my team. Is it me or does is spam Fire Breath when its low? Kept losing one of my guys at the end.

Kain

Man these Ultimates. Maybe my team is broken (Tyro's BSSB Master race) but the Red dragon attacked for some damage twice during the fight, the rest of its hits were like 500 or something. FB+MB+PB+Tyro's commands make SG totally redundant.

I also defeated the Magus' sisters, it was a S/L fest until stupid Lullaby worked but when it did it was smooth sailing. I found this fight more fun than Ifrit in fact.

And I haven't pulled. I'm strong. NOT PULLING NOTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom