• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, got the Red Dragon. Brought 2 healers, 2 magic blinks, SS2, Full break, Full Charge, Shellga, BSB's and I was topped off when I killed it. Maybe I overdid it a little bit. My keeper was the only one that had realm synergy.

First 11 pull: Apocalypse
Second 11 pull: Four 5*s; Fire Lash, Physician's Staff, Physician's Staff (uh-oh I know what's coming next), Physician's Staff

I expected to wind up with a 7* in this phase with the Ogre on the banner and having a 6* one already.

Razmos

Did my 11 pull!
bvfHfzx.png
Really happy with this result, especially since I got Faris's BSB from my 100 gem pull earlier today too

Also my third soul break for Locke, woo

Beat kaiser dragon but dropped mastery at the last possible second because vivi couldn't get the killing wateraja off before one last spell that dropped selphie and rinoa. If I honed up 1 or 2 of my ajas to r5, got lucky with weakness to ice to exploit chain blizzara (never came up during my victory). I'll come back for mastery another month this fight is far too frustrating spent more time s/l till I got water and thunder weakness in 3-4 phase shifts. Hopefully I'll pull a better offensive magic ssb/bssb all of mine are either aoe or random neither which helps.

Pejo

Did an additional set of 2 3 pulls on this banner trying to get Zidane or Locke's BSB, but ended up with Zack's Apocolypse instead. Not complaining too much, but still a little sad. Ah well, my Banner 1 draw is enough to keep me happy for a while.

ultra7k

Finally mastered Kaiser Dragon.

Had a couple tries where he'd switch to water early, and the move on to lightning before taking one hit from another spell that it had queued up and go into its third form.

Anyways took about 4 or 5 tries on my lunch break and I got mastery. Really did not like the RNG dependency to get mastery in this one.

Wazzy

Banned
Did two pulls and got two of Zell's Crystal Glove, Esthar Arm and Seifer's SSB. That's it for this VIII banner and I'm pretty happy since that's one less item I need to worry about getting when these all return with Squall OSB. Time for event!
Edea SSB with my 100 Gem~ <3

Gratz!!!!!!

Did two pulls and got two of Zell's Crystal Glove, Esthar Arm and Seifer's SSB. That's it for this VIII banner and I'm pretty happy since that's one less item I need to worry about getting when these all return with Squall OSB. Time for event!
Congrats! Zell's SSB is pretty stellar, and Seifer's is very solid. FFVIII dominance continues. :D

Gratz!!!!!!
Thank you~

I'm so happy to have something for Edea now, and it will pair wonderfully with Jecht's EnDark BSB.

This game really wants me to use Faris. I have her Wallbreaker SB, Imperil-Wind SSB and now her Burst.

This is also my second of Vanille's SSBs, so I combined that with the first one. At 6*, it's got more MAG RS than my Hope's Earthquake SB relic.

Faris saves you 3 slots for Full Break, Power and Magic Breakdowns. Wished I got her relic instead of honing Full Break. Congrats on the pull. She's so versatile.

I can make a nearly full Burst team. Tyro, Lightning, Garnet and, now, Faris. This is nuts.

My current A-Team uses two of them:
Lightning: Blaze Rush + SSB + BSB
Warrior of Light: SSB
Tyro: Wall + BSB
Ramza: Shout
Healer Flex Spot

I have a number of Medicas, so my healer spot has been the most in fluid: Aerith's Healing Wind, Yuna's HotF, Penelo's Intercession, and Vanille's Miracle Prayer, Yuffie's Clear Tranquil and a FFX Shared Medica (pulled before the freebie one).

I'll prob replace WoL with Faris (although Physical Blink from WoL + Magical Blink from Tyro is a very nice combo). I'd like to bring Garnet too, but medicas are more important atm. She'll likely see more use in future mage teams / if I am facing a lightning weak boss.

Kain

I was weak. I had some gems and some mythtril and sigh...

The result was two Air knives (Thancred) and Sheepsong! The game wants mage meta, I'll give it mage meta.

MrDaravon

Crap, I totally spaced on trying to wrap up the Nightmare Dungeons yesterday, forgot yesterday was the 30th. Not a big deal, but finally going back and getting those done, I think I got all but the final 1 Stamina fight done on all of them except the brand new one. I got the first couple final fights done, then got the White/Summon ones and didn't have it in me at the time to even try to make a go at them right then lol. Also still need to try the new Mote fight, but with no notable FF8 synergy (two Ten-Gallon Hat++'s and the generic Betrayal and Blitz swords is literally all I have) I'm still not touching Ifirit. My RS is so bad in FF8 I'm concerned about the upcoming U/U+, but we'll see.

Managed to scrape enough mythril for Phase 3 and decided to pull. Got Yuffie's Crystal Cross and a second copy of Zack's Apocalypse (which I combined, because I'm swimming in FF7 swords). Crystal Cross has some MAG on it, so that will be nice. I already have Yuffie's Wutai Headband, but now I have a proper weapon for her instead of borrowing one of Tifa's. Recorded the pull, because for whatever reason I've been compelled to record all of my FFRK exploits lately.

Triple Burst Blast: Phase 3 Relic Draw

I am so ridiculously knight heavy, this was a breeze, I even had my team mis-equiped with my 2 holy+ weapons on non holy attackers.

Celes BSB
Basch SSB
P Cecil BSB
Tyro BSB SSB SG (I have to be careful to make sure he actually has SG in battle, it gets bumped out by optimize or something due to having all but HG sbs.)

Rosa SSB

And this is leaving at home:
Beatrix SSB
Leon SSB

My atk ratings on this team were 540, 518, 500, 475 (tyro) And this is with both Celes and Basch wearing non atk stat robe and armor. 2 crystal helm++s help big time.

Czarcasm

100-Gem: Nothing
11-Pull 1: Wizard Rod
11-Pull 2: Cecil Burst,Defender, Shared SB Dagger

At least I got one thing I was aiming for, now to wait for Selphie2

Atomos is squishy. I should've checked his stats first to see how close I was to capping Snowspell Strike, because I probably should've been using Spellblade Master instead of Unbreakable Spellblade for Celes. Recorded the encounter below, which was pretty cake... I even had a backup Hastega in case we got hit by slow, but got impatient and used it even when it wasn't needed.

The Five Dooms: The Gaping Maw (Ultimate +)

c-murph

I passed on all these Triple Burst Banners. I only have 47 Mythril saved any ways. I did do the 100 Gem pulls but got nothing on each.

Probably just going to save everything until the Onion Knight Banner then go all in for his Onion Gear.

Kain

Grats Falk on Cecil's Burst. Life is really different after that relic.

Speaking of which, Atomos mastered without healing, only regen. I was drowning in well equipped knights...

Falk

that puzzling face
On one hand I want to unlock on the characters with BSBs

On the other they don't give an immediate benefit (like 3* and 4* stat unlocks) and I think I might just save them for if a particular realm needs cid mission shenanigans.

greyshark

Couldn't resist - pulled on P4 and got Lenna's SSB and Squall's BSB. Under 100 mythril for the first time in at least a year, but this fest plus G5 has been great.

Looks like Falk is the real winner with G5! Congrats!

I can totally see that these motes will be my mega elixirs. <.<

On one hand I want to unlock on the characters with BSBs

On the other they don't give an immediate benefit (like 3* and 4* stat unlocks) and I think I might just save them for if a particular realm needs cid mission shenanigans.

If here were a way to easily get the skills to r2 immediately, I'd probably make a copy and keep 10 on hand for later, but a 1 or 2 use skill is pretty useless unless using bsb commands between uses.

MrDaravon

I've almost got enough for an 11-pull but I think I'll just hold out at this point. I need to look at upcoming banners again, what's upcoming that people are hot and bothered for, Cloud OSB? Anything else?

thedan001

Grats Falk on Cecil's Burst. Life is really different after that relic.

I got Cecil's Burst from a 100 gem pull, why is this relic so good?

In daily dungeons, I tried curaga on magic pots everytime before I killed them and so far I got drops to be major orbs (6 out of 6 so far)

Intended mechanic or coincidence?

Razmos

I got Cecil's Burst from a 100 gem pull, why is this relic so good?
Equip him with a materia that increases the rate of soul break charge, have him use his BSB, holy nuke, lots of damage, he gets Haste and Enholy. Use a couple of burst commands or Lifesiphon to get his soul break gauge up again, and the Enholy and passive holy damage increase on his sword boost the already strong soul break to obscene orbital-nuke status.

Equip Basch's Platinum Shield on him for even more holy boosting goodness.

It's why he was so good during the Dissidia event. All the bosses were weak to Holy and he tore through them.

Balphon

I've almost got enough for an 11-pull but I think I'll just hold out at this point. I need to look at upcoming banners again, what's upcoming that people are hot and bothered for, Cloud OSB? Anything else?

Cloud 1 would be a pretty good banner even without the OSB. After that it's probably Onion Knight 1 in a couple months.

In the interim Ashe 1 has Ashe's and Vaan's BSBs on it which are both quite good.

Celes has basically infinite uses though.

If you have her sb or ssb sure, not if you just have her bsb, as I do.

I went ahead and made aegis strike, 1 copy, under pencil with celes able to use it as well. Figure with two en-holy bursts, I can have one with SC and one with AS as their secondary ability and keep the rest of the motes for if I ever get more enholy sb's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom