• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-murph

ALL MY MITHRIL TO ONION KNIGHT.

Eiko BSB banner is amazing as well.

BUT ONION KNIGHT.

Here, here!

I just breezed through all the content... Well, except for fucking Ifrit. I can't beat him even with my best. The Basterd.

So, how do these 4* Bosses work. They come back every month and I can beat them again for more 4* mote or is it a one shot deal like everything else in this game. You Master it and there no need to challenge again.

Not really sure how the 5* motes work either. Basically, just beat the four Doom bosses and have them in savings.

If I unlock say everything on Tyro, does that give him those 6* abilities or only allows him to use those abilities when I actually craft them from the Nightmare Dungeons recipes. Because I haven't beat a single Nightmare boss yet. I beat the four bosses coming up to them but never the actual Nightmare Bosses.

ALL MY MITHRIL TO ONION KNIGHT.

Eiko BSB banner is amazing as well.

BUT ONION KNIGHT.

Didn't pull on this festival mainly so I can pull at least twice on Eiko 1. My IX synergy is pitiful and her BSB is sooo sweet. Might pull on Ashe 1 once or twice than probably OK. Can't wait to experience G5, hoping to at least get decent results.

WarAdept

Here, here!

I just breezed through all the content... Well, except for fucking Ifrit. I can't beat him even with my best. The Basterd.

So, how do these 4* Bosses work. They come back every month and I can beat them again for more 4* mote or is it a one shot deal like everything else in this game. You Master it and there no need to challenge again.

Not really sure how the 5* motes work either. Basically, just beat the four Doom bosses and have them in savings.

If I unlock say everything on Tyro, does that give him those 6* abilities or only allows him to use those abilities when I actually craft them from the Nightmare Dungeons recipes. Because I haven't beat a single Nightmare boss yet. I beat the four bosses coming up to them but never the actual Nightmare Bosses.

Mote dungeons are the same as Dailies/Nightmare. Once beaten, they stay beaten.

The 5* motes allow the unlocking of both the 6* abilities that aren't present in the Nightmare dungeons and to enable characters with native 5* in that particular school to use said 6* abilities. However, characters who RD to 5* cannot upgrade to 6* in that school.

Example:

Kain has 5* Dragoon. At the bottom of his Record Sphere Tree is a node to unlock the use of Sky High (5 Dragoon Motes). The same node also unlocks and gives you the actual 6* Dragoon skill Sky High after unlocking use for that character (another 10 Dragoon Motes).
Only Kain is able to use the newly unlocked Sky High because you've dedicated those Dragoon Motes to his Record Sphere. If someone like say, Freya wants to use Sky High, you also need to spend 5 Dragoon Motes to unlock 6* Dragoon on her as well.
However, someone like Mog who has 2* in the Dragoon school who can be upgraded to 5* Dragoon through his Record Sphere cannot be upgraded to 6*.

This is where the Nightmare upgrading system differs from the 5* motes. As long as you beat the respective Nightmare dungeon, anyone who has 5* in that school, regardless of whether they are native 5* will be upgraded to 6*. But you still need to craft the 6* skill from the recipe you get from completing a Nightmare dungeon.

Edit: Speaking of Mote dungeons...

CM Magus Sisters X

2 things I noticed.

1. Lullaby is balls.
2. This is basically the only fight I've been able to use Yuna's trash BSB effectively.

NPpHEbp.jpg

c-murph

Kain has 5* Dragoon. At the bottom of his Record Sphere Tree is a node to unlock the use of Sky High (5 Dragoon Motes). The same node also unlocks and gives you the actual 6* Dragoon skill Sky High after unlocking use for that character (another 10 Dragoon Motes).
Only Kain is able to use the newly unlocked Sky High because you've dedicated those Dragoon Motes to his Record Sphere. If someone like say, Freya wants to use Sky High, you also need to spend 5 Dragoon Motes to unlock 6* Dragoon on her as well.
However, someone like Mog who has 2* in the Dragoon school who can be upgraded to 5* Dragoon through his Record Sphere cannot be upgraded to 6*.

Amazing. Thank you for clearing things up.

Does RK ever give out more of the class motes to give more characters access to 6* skills or have only been given out in this event?

There are level 250 battles that come for a bit like the mote dungeons, 30 motes rewarded for each, three battles so far, I think spellblade, thief, samurai. Bard has had two events.

So not a significant number frankly, and balls hard

Edit actually the are level 200 and I think they are permanently up.

I'm a horrible whale and did another paid pull first on banner 3 now on banner 4. Walked away with Squall's bssb and Basch's ssb. More interesting options for me since I have Basch's hote shield and squalls bssb plays nice with Locke's bssb thanks to the latters imper fire.

So Selphie's BSSB seems like it would be awesome for mage meta. Does it show up anywhere else in the near future with a guaranteed 5 star attached?

Would you craft thiefs revenge for Locke if you have is bsb? Or basically what would you give him? Thanks

One of his slots should almost always be lifesiphon so you can build his meter faster. His other slot if he is your only thief should be thiefs revenge and at r1 is fine since your Locke will most likely do this

Lifesiphon till meter
Bssb
Bssb commands until bssb is out
Back to lifesiphon

Thiefs revenge is something to use if Locke's turn comes up and his health is low an a curaga/ja or medica isn't about to hit him since it lets locke heal himself.

Other possible options for that other slot are the 6* thief and celerity skills, or the 4* dismissal if you wanna take a chance on interrupt procs.

FFMafia

One of his slots should almost always be lifesiphon so you can build his meter faster. His other slot if he is your only thief should be thiefs revenge and at r1 is fine since your Locke will most likely do this

Lifesiphon till meter
Bssb
Bssb commands until bssb is out
Back to lifesiphon

Thiefs revenge is something to use if Locke's turn comes up and his health is low an a curaga/ja or medica isn't about to hit him since it lets locke heal himself.

Other possible options for that other slot are the 6* thief and celerity skills, or the 4* dismissal if you wanna take a chance on interrupt procs.

Thanks for that detailed response. I'll probably create TR or look know the 6* thief

Sort of a dilemma. I'm about to get 50 mythrils again and I'm debating on pulling on banner 4 or wait and try for Cloud's OSB in 3 days. What to do? I really like Lightbringer. Cecil's BSB is just holy everywhere haha. Draw fire and magic lure on Beatrix becomes an amazing tank.
Hmm, Agrias' BSB is identical to Beatrix, except for the more allies alive, deals more damage. Even down to their sb commands.

Sort of a dilemma. I'm about to get 50 mythrils again and I'm debating on pulling on banner 4 or wait and try for Cloud's OSB in 3 days. What to do? I really like Lightbringer. Cecil's BSB is just holy everywhere haha. Draw fire and magic lure on Beatrix becomes an amazing tank.
Hmm, Agrias' BSB is identical to Beatrix, except for the more allies alive, deals more damage. Even down to their sb commands.

If you have good vii synergy I would pull on the festival banner.

I got excited when I saw 4 rainbow orbs!
When I saw the result, it wasn't meant to be. I really didn't need more medicas, but the game was like nope, you need more. Way more!
Will try for Lightbringer another day.

My Vanille SSB heals and restores an ability point. Is there a heal in the game that tops this? She's been permanently on my team for months now and I'm kinda tired of her :p

This would have been super worth it to me for Queen Yuffie.

I just picked up Crystal Cross as well, and I'm happy to have an alternative to Clear Tranquil when I don't need a heal, not to mention the situational usefulness of an instant physical blink, or how nice it will be to field somebody with ninja scroll magic that isn't Tyro for once (my Yuffie approaches 400 MAG in FF7 records).

My Vanille SSB heals and restores an ability point. Is there a heal in the game that tops this? She's been permanently on my team for months now and I'm kinda tired of her :p

Basically all of them

The ability restore is nice for nightmare dungeons with hard to hone abilities like summon or white magic (who runs around with multiple diaga?) or for a new player with bad hones, but once you get to end game conent with 4-5star abilities at r2-4 you won't need any extra casts.

Balphon

I just picked up Crystal Cross as well, and I'm happy to have an alternative to Clear Tranquil when I don't need a heal, not to mention the situational usefulness of an instant physical blink, or how nice it will be to field somebody with ninja scroll magic that isn't Tyro for once (my Yuffie approaches 400 MAG in FF7 records).

It's fairly easy to get Yuffie close to the NIN softcap with a non-synergy weapon. I've used her for a few things with one of Rinoa's weapons and she pushed 370 MAG or so with just armor/accessory synergy.

thedan001

Selphie is turning out to be an awesome healer/nuker hybrid with her SSB and BSB

Together with P.Cecil's BSB = holyallthethings!.gif

It's fairly easy to get Yuffie close to the NIN softcap with a non-synergy weapon. I've used her for a few things with one of Rinoa's weapons and she pushed 370 MAG or so with just armor/accessory synergy.

Until I got Crystal Cross, I didn't have any MAG weapons that she could equip, other than a few bows with a token quantity. Crystal Cross would have a hard time in off record dungeons though, because its base MAG is only like 40, so I'd rather just give her Thief's Revenge and a dagger or whatever in those instances, though I haven't experimented with Stitch in Time yet.

The Five Dooms completely failed to impress me, and was a pretty disappointing event. Even The Big Bridge offered a degree of challenge as it progressed, but this boss gauntlet was weak. Recorded the Tiamat encounter:

The Five Dooms: Great Wyrm (Ultimate +)

Credo

I've been trying to decide whether to pull on phase 5 or save the mythril because I've seen you guys reference some onion knight event that's coming up later sometime. What's the big draw of that event and about how far away does it seem like it will be?

FFMafia

I've been trying to decide whether to pull on phase 5 or save the mythril because I've seen you guys reference some onion knight event that's coming up later sometime. What's the big draw of that event and about how far away does it seem like it will be?

I was just going to ask this. Other than this Or clouds osb I might just hoard for THUNDER GOD!

WarAdept

Onion Knight's BSB is +30% Atk/Mag and Hastega. It's the new Shout. Hell it stacks with Shout! And Sheepsong! And pretty much every buff sans Atk/Mag one's (which Celes in Global only has right now). It's basically the standard boostaga that people will be using from then on. In addition, the BSB has incredibly good commands with both ST instant cast physical and magical x4 hit commands, which means pretty much anyone who RW's it can use it to great effect (or OK himself). He also gets 2(!) SSB's, a physical variant where he does damage based on Speed and inflicts Def/Res down and a magical variant that does AoE damage and heals the party for 40% of their HP.

In addition, the banners are fairly solid with EnElement options for the Onion Kids (who get crazy buffs during the event) and Arc's Instant Cast Curaga + Physical Blink SSB.

Then there's Onion Knight himself. He's basically an all or nothing character. Absolutely craptastic stats until level 93 that even the cores beat him. Once maxed out at level 99 and fully Record Sphered though...

Super high stats in everything and 5-6* in Combat, Support, Celerity, White Magic, Black Magic and Ninja.

Which enables stupid shenannigans like Wrath + Entrust SB Battery while still being able to do crazy damage if you manage to pull his BSB. Or 2nd healer that can output DPS. Or whatever you want.

Yeah I have onions bsb and he is super good, unfortunately I only got one mote drop will farm until done here in the int'l ver. Hopefully can drop 150 mythril on banner my iii sucks anyway worst realm by far.

Beat all the Five Dooms. Pretty underwhelming, but hey, easy Major Orbs. I remember trying to do the Gauntlet a few months back and my team was much weaker. Also no wall, couldn't get very far.

Mastered all the normal story realms, so now onto Elite. This is gonna take me months huh??

Xetherion

Is the guitar medley that's currently playing in the menu original or is it part of an older release?

Also, I sort of rambled on about gacha for awhile here: https://medium.com/cultural-panopti...se-free-to-play-games-a866dce1649a#.vltgjfite

The second half is probably the only that's relevant to anyone here, but I'm curious if "fairness" is a factor for most people or if that's just how I see these games.

Fairness is definitely a factor for me too. The main reason i still play FFRK is to try to get shiny new Soul Breaks, so if i was not able to acquire them at a reasonable rate without whaling I would have quit a long time ago.

99% of the content is now a breeze for me after playing since week 1 and amassing an arsenal of powerful equipment/SB's, so gameplay is no longer interesting to me really. What i do enjoy is getting Soul Breaks that have suped up animations of characters doing nostalgic things from their respective games. For example I just got Edgar's Chainsaw from banner 2 of the latest Celes event, and i try to fit him in my party whenever i can because the animation on that Soul Break is so cool to me it puts a smile on my face every time i use it. Another example of a great animation on a Soul Break is one i don't actually have, but it's Terra's SSB where she jumps in a Magitek Armor and launches a barrage of missiles at an enemy.

Both of these SB's make me want them simply because their animation takes something nostalgic, turns the Badass dial up to 11, and gives me something that is both new and nostalgic at the same time.

Czarcasm

So I did two 11-pulls on Selphie 2

Pull 1 - Cutting Trigger and Squall's Jacket
Pull 2 - Cutting Trigger, Esthar Bracer, and Sorceress' Might

In other news, 3 out of 4 of the listed relics helped me finally kick Ifrit's ass

Squall - Blizzara/Blizzaga Strikes - Mystic Flurry - Ace Striker
Quistis - Power Breakdown / Curaja - Shared Heal - Heal+ RM
Irvine - Full Break / Magic Breakdown - Canister Shot - Dr. Mog
Selphie - Curaga / Shellga - Dreamstage - Knights Charge
Edea - Chain-Blizzaga / Blizzaja - Inaugural Parade / Ice Strike - Mako Might

RW - SG

Finally killed him with everyone still alive at the end and only lost 3 medals.

I'm amazed people are pulling on this event at all. We just wrapped up Triple Burst Blast and OSB banners start in less than a week.

Cut it really close on the Ultimate, but the Ultimate+ was pretty breezy. I didn't expect Ruby Dragon to bounce spells off of its Reflect, so Lure Magic was totally wasted on Seifer. At least he was useful for Saint Cross, though. Recorded the encounters.

Esthar Invasion (Ultimate)
The Wise Red Dragon (Ultimate +)

Czarcasm

I'm amazed people are pulling on this event at all. We just wrapped up Triple Burst Blast and OSB banners start in less than a week.

Considered waiting for the next VIII Banner, but I really wanted to finally finish the Ifrit CM and banner 2 is built to help me do that. Doesn't help that the only offensive VIII items I had before this were Squalls, Rinoa's, and Irvine's First SB's and Irvine's Wall Break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom