• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fairness is definitely a factor for me too. The main reason i still play FFRK is to try to get shiny new Soul Breaks, so if i was not able to acquire them at a reasonable rate without whaling I would have quit a long time ago.

99% of the content is now a breeze for me after playing since week 1 and amassing an arsenal of powerful equipment/SB's, so gameplay is no longer interesting to me really. What i do enjoy is getting Soul Breaks that have suped up animations of characters doing nostalgic things from their respective games. For example I just got Edgar's Chainsaw from banner 2 of the latest Celes event, and i try to fit him in my party whenever i can because the animation on that Soul Break is so cool to me it puts a smile on my face every time i use it. Another example of a great animation on a Soul Break is one i don't actually have, but it's Terra's SSB where she jumps in a Magitek Armor and launches a barrage of missiles at an enemy.

Both of these SB's make me want them simply because their animation takes something nostalgic, turns the Badass dial up to 11, and gives me something that is both new and nostalgic at the same time.

You're right, since the content is fairly trivial, part of the motivation to continue to play is to get free currency to try the hand at gacha. Basically get like 10-15 mythril per event, save it up and then get your gacha-gasm on some banner that everyone says is god-tier or features your favourite character.

I might actually pull on a Lightning banner now since there's guaranteed 5* at least... yay fairness!

MrDaravon

Looking ahead I'm not sure if I really want to pull on anything (barring Lucky Draws I suppose) until Onion Knight or whatever the next fest/bannerfest situation is. I have a decent amount of FF7 synergy actually:

-Organics
-SOLDIER Sword
-Gold Sword+
-Masamune
-Yoshiyuki
-Tiger Fang+
-Candle Rod
-Crystal Cross
-Shotgun
-Magic Comb
-Shinra Helmet
-Turks Suit
-Crystal Bangle++
-Dragon Armlet

But on the other hand almost all of that stuff is just stat sticks and/or crap. How good is Cloud's OSB honestly? I feel like that would be the deciding factor on if I pull on the FF7 stuff or not.

WarAdept

Looking ahead I'm not sure if I really want to pull on anything (barring Lucky Draws I suppose) until Onion Knight or whatever the next fest/bannerfest situation is. I have a decent amount of FF7 synergy actually:

-Organics
-SOLDIER Sword
-Gold Sword+
-Masamune
-Yoshiyuki
-Tiger Fang+
-Candle Rod
-Crystal Cross
-Shotgun
-Magic Comb
-Shinra Helmet
-Turks Suit
-Crystal Bangle++
-Dragon Armlet

But on the other hand almost all of that stuff is just stat sticks and/or crap. How good is Cloud's OSB honestly? I feel like that would be the deciding factor on if I pull on the FF7 stuff or not.

I think it's alright. It's just damage and the majority of 6* gear has this weird +element if they are used in their realms. Cloud's OSB weap gets +wind if used in VII realms but loses it if used anywhere else. I'd rather go for the Mage OSB's due to the crazy multipliers on them compared to physical OSB's.

Tidus is a special snowflake however and gets a standard +water on his OSB weapon though.

I think BSB's are much better.

Negator

I let my hones carry me through this one, because it sure as hell weren't my relics.

3OhJfj2.jpg

That Red Dragon Ultimate+ is such a huge pain in the ass! Took several attempts and even with Agrias dead, I only lost 1 medal for mastery. Spamming spells galore at the end.

Those bonus battles were rough. My A-Team even struggled with the damage output at the very end of the U. If I hadn't gotten super lucky with pulling Squall's SSB on my 100-gem pull, IDK if I would have had the RS needed using a Mesmerize Dagger++ in it's place.

Crushing Blow put in some serious work due to the Lightning weakness. WoL's SSB helped a lot as well. In the last round, Light got ganked right before casting a Crushing Blow that would have wiped out the whole group. In hindsight, bringing Powerchain might have been a better option for ability 2 (I never used Armor Break).

Ohhhhh man, those 2x RMs were super clutch in this battle. Sadly, I didn't get any sweet 2x Snowspell Strike procs. However, I did get multiple 2x Curaja, Saint Cross, Alexander and Blizzaga Strikes off. I was generally ok with HP, outside of his token physical attacks at the start and one or two attacks mid-battle. Luckily, 2x Curaja kicked in the few times I would have worried about my health. I recently honed my Summons up for Nightmare Neo Bahamut and those paid dividends here. I also bumped up Blizzaga Strike from R3 to R4 and unlocked Snowspell Strike on Squall for this (Celes was my sole user before due to having her SSB).

I had JUST enough hones to eek out my victory. By the end, Squall and Rinoa were out of abilities and Seifer had used all of his SCs. I used Squall's SSB to finish off the fight, but I didn't need to. It was my sole SB cast of the battle (besides the RWs) and the dragon had so little HP it would have died to a regular attack. I just wanted to end it with flair.

Falk

that puzzling face
Feels like timing made everything a lot easier - having a couple of SSBs already 3/4 cast when you finish off the last of Wave 2 = Wave 3 already almost ded by the time they spawn.

greyshark

Used my CM team for both the U and U+ - took them both down without too much trouble. Ixion and Alexander did some pretty serious damage for each respective battle. Saving my strongest attacks for the dragon's weak phase helped minimize the burst. Didn't even bother bringing Shout since I already have a native Hastega with Quistis.

Vade

Been saving my mythril for the Rinoa burst hoping to get it. First 11 nothing good and then my second I get 2; super happy.

1uS2vAr.jpg

Kain

Man, Red Dragon almost kicks my ass, that was surprisingly hard. He started to spam Flare star, meteo and some more shit and I had a really hard time xD

Keeper's Choice Vol. 2 is translated.
206.png

Maybe its coming out this Sunday??

Relic list:

Squall BSB
Gilgamesh BSB
Terra BSB
Ramza SSB
Vanille SSB
Bartz SSB
Tyro SB

They replaced Auron's BSB with Greg's.

I can use everything on there except for Bartz's SSB lol.

Selection banner:

Diamond Shield
Ice Bracer
Scholar Hat
Dragon Glove
Gaia Vest
Oath Veil
Edincoat
Esthar Bracer
Red Hat
Red Armlet
Armguard
Tungsten Bangle
Noble's Armguard
Chameleon Robe

One item might chance like it did on Vol. 1
Whelp, not pulling on Cloud's OSB now.

I just took out all of the Five Dooms, was frightfully easy.

Seeing as I now have Keeper's Tome, I pumped as many motes as I could into the little dude, combine that with Stoneskin II and a healthy spread of Soul Breaks all around and I felt pretty unstoppable (actually, I was lacking in the Thief/Ninja stage, but still did well).

I guess I should try the Mote Dungeons next so my Keeper can be MAX.

MrDaravon

I should probably get around to spending all of these 3* motes at the very least on my A Team/best people shouldn't I?

Edit: Oh god you have to do all of these sphere upgrades individually? good god

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, you think you have a lot of 3* motes until you start levelling up some and you're out of motes for one flavor or another by the time you get to your 4th or 5th sphere

:(

I should probably get around to spending all of these 3* motes at the very least on my A Team/best people shouldn't I?

Edit: Oh god you have to do all of these sphere upgrades individually? good god

I gave tyro 30 levels, then bsb users 4, ssbs 3, useful sbs 2, and sbs 1 so that I know who to develop.

FYI I have over 900 of the yellows and 300 of the light blues saved on my Jp game, constrained heavily by green dark blue and red.

Reforge is dropping supposedly tonight.

5++s to reforge:
Vii dragon claw(great timing)
Fft plat sword
V judgment staff
Vi regal gown

Really they should gift everyone a gold sword so that day one players have at least one 5+++ option., still my best vii sword

4 stars, I have a ton
2x crystal helms, Royal crowns, cowboy hats
1x vii, x, xiii bangles
Axes, the best value, from v and xii
Daggers and swords and rods from oddball realms

My 30k greens and 100m gold will disappear rapidly once we have aces to an unlimited stock of the dark matter.

Conundrum:

I like pulling on banners that contain relics for my favorite characters. My favorite characters are from pretty much the same games, so I have really strong synergy for those realms. I have horrible synergy in the realms that I don't pull banners on, because they don't have my favorite characters.

So I keep getting stronger in the realms that I can already decimate without much effort, while nothing is really going for me for the realms of I, II, III, IV, V, XIV

What is reforging?

You can't take your ++ items to +++ via a dark matter of corresponding rarity. Eventually you can buy these freely via the gysahl store, I think they will be limited in quantity for a bit. I think it's 2.5m Gil to refire a 5++ and less than a million for a 4++.

For reference with rs the v axe, forget which, with rs is 225 atk, above my latest burst galufs hammer at 222, xii axe is 216, vans bsb is 209.vi gravity rod has 203 mag. Vi crystal helm is 51 atk and 192/167 def res

ccbfan

Does anyone use 4* armors?

I'm running out of space and have a bunch of them waiting to be upgraded.

I've never used one before, hell I've never used a majority of the base 5* armors since I've been fortunate to pull

2 Nu KHai (Awesome Physical Attacker)
2 Red Armlet (Awesome Physical Attacker)
2 Wutai Headban (Awesome for blackmage/healer)

Something I've been wondering. "Quinoa" isn't pronounced "kwin-oh-ah" but "keen-wah". Does that mean that "Rinoa" should actually be pronounced "Reen-wah"?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, it's to make all those 4* items a little better. lol

I guess it'd be too generous for them to let you melt down 5* and change them into any other 5* you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom