• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

I'm going to do an 11 pull for Cloud's OSB tomorrow. All the items on the banner seem great and with guaranteed 5* I'll be quite happy. Would love to get Aerith's BSB or Yuffie's Crystal Cross.

The item I'd like the least would be Red XIII's hairpin, I'd consider that a fail.

ultra7k

For those in the know, how important does OSB become for future fights with the difficulty ramping up? Doable without, but a major QOL upgrade, or is it going to be necessary to run with at least one in your A-team?

LucaMac

Something I've been wondering. "Quinoa" isn't pronounced "kwin-oh-ah" but "keen-wah". Does that mean that "Rinoa" should actually be pronounced "Reen-wah"?

Possibly. My assumed pronunciations of FF characters seem to have had a few hiccups...I still won't accept the Tidus is pronounced Teedus...he is always in the water. It's surely a reference to the tide and pronounced Tide-us...screw you Kingdom Hearts and bonus DVD for FFX I watched after I'd put over 100 hours in and beat Penance a new one (well...yojimbo did...thanks brah)

LucaMac

For those in the know, how important does OSB become for future fights with the difficulty ramping up? Doable without, but a major QOL upgrade, or is it going to be necessary to run with at least one in your A-team?

Mostly not very necessary. BSSBs do the same job better for the most part unless you have the ability to boost the elemental damage and build your team around it.

I've had Squalls since it was released without that possibility. Anything where you want to do a serious amount of damage aka Ultimate and higher you'll be hitting for between 20,000 and 40,000 and mostly the lower end WITH shout and debuffs and no haste and burst mode and only hitting 40,000 - 60,000 if theres a weakness to the element (ice for Squall) and that's still more than likely at the 40k mark depending on defense.

However, during OSB fest I pulled Clouds and Terras OSBs. While trying to get Clouds first time around I got Cid's Goggles (boosts wind damage) and clouds armour (enwind SB)...been 99,999ing the ultimate multiplayer bosses since...of course in order to enwind you've to use the other soulbreak instead of his OSB once...

Terras is a magic based one with a silly multiplier like all of the magic OSBs which requires much less shenanigans however...I have an 8* Fireship for my Krile so sheepsong, Onion Knight BSSB RW, wrath the crap out of her and happy days. I imagine multi-wrath/lifesiphon and entrust shenanigans could melt anything if you'd the orbs.

TLDR: If you have the right gear to support an OSB with the rest of your team they can be incredible. Lumped in with a balanced A-team, not so much. I dropped Squall from my A-team in favour of others with BSSB...now I don't know which to run, Cloud or Terra and let the boss itself decide for me...

WarAdept

The item I'd like the least would be Red XIII's hairpin, I'd consider that a fail.

I'd say that's one of the best items on the banner since it's a triple buff that stacks with everything. Like everything, I guess it depends on what you already have.

Reforging.

Whoa, Does that mean I can 8* my FFT Platinum Sword, FFT Kaiser Shield and FFT Grand Amour?!

Yup. 5*+++. I have Garnet's Wizard Rod, Fran's Loxley Bow and two of Rusty's Ultima Sword all waiting for reforging. It's going to be glorious. :D

The only snag could be that IDK how plentiful 5* Dark Matter will be at the feature's launch.

Even though I have lots of stat sticks for FF7 I only had one old offensive soul break so I decided to pull. I still only have 1 BSB so its nice to get something new.

Mp2mtgh.png

Falk

that puzzling face
There needs to be a weapon slot goggles so you can wear Cid's goggles, Cloud's goggles and another goggles.

Tidd

Ahhh too bad :(
Got Apocalypse with my 100 gem pull. But I'm happy with it.
Reforged my Ultima Sword(FFIX) to a 8* and some FF VII items to see how strong this new feature is.

Adeptrain

Reforging costs 2,500,000 for one 7* piece...Gah! I just recently restarted and only have 1,700,000 Gil!!! Sigh....How are all of you able to afford multiple reforges?!?!

$1 pulls have been paying dividends for me lately. Third one in ~10 days (Garnet's BSB and Squall's SSB being the others).

This is a unique 30% buff that stacks with everything right? This with Tifa's 35% Boostga will be nice for CMs. I just wish I had a FF7 hastega too.

Reforging costs 2,500,000 for one 7* piece...Gah! I just recently restarted and only have 1,700,000 Gil!!! Sigh....How are all of you able to afford multiple reforges?!?!
I have 60 million + from Orb fests.

More collab relics have been added to the official English strategy site, this time the ones from the Bra*Bra collaboration. (An music album that's exclusive to Japan currently.)

This same event is how we first get 6* Bard motes, so it's not too surprising but it's still nice to have a bit more confirmation so we don't have to worry about it.

Originally, I was going to save my Mythril. However, I think I'll do a pull when I hit 50 (will be at 42 after I finish the FF7 event). The OSB would be nice, but I think I'd actually be more happy with Aerith's Burst, Zack's Apocalypse for Hastega or Yuffie's Gauntlet for Insta-PhysBlink.

I'll get another Crystal Comb and be all dejected, :/.

I just hope I can scrounge up enough for that upcoming Lucky Draw, too (when is it hitting?).

Originally, I was going to save my Mythril. However, I think I'll do a pull when I hit 50 (will be at 42 after I finish the FF7 event). The OSB would be nice, but I think I'd actually be more happy with Aerith's Burst, Zack's Apocalypse for Hastega or Yuffie's Gauntlet for Insta-PhysBlink.

I'll get another Crystal Comb and be all dejected, :/.

I just hope I can scrounge up enough for that upcoming Lucky Draw, too (when is it hitting?).

Lucky Draw is this Tuesday I believe. I really want to pull on this FF7 banner, but I want that lucky draw so badly and I'm only just about to hit 50 mythril. Sigh!

WarAdept

Fucking knew my C team of 50-80's (Paine, Garland, Delita, Mustadio, Mog) didn't have what it takes to do the Ultimate for Selphie's event, but I went ahead anyway.

My poor 60 stam.

Lucky Draw is this Tuesday I believe. I really want to pull on this FF7 banner, but I want that lucky draw so badly and I'm only just about to hit 50 mythril. Sigh!
Ack! I won't hit 50 until next week, so I'm nearly in the same situation as you and IDK what to pull on now.

Originally, I was going to do the BM LD and FF7 B1. However, G5 on the Fest made me change that to a B3 draw (got Faris's Burst and a second Vanille SSB). If I do the LD then I basically swapped the fest banner for the pull I would have done on FF7.

My XIII synergy is solid (Lightning's Blaze Rush / SSB / BSB, Hope's Earthquake, Vanille's Curaga SSB, 4*+++ Fist), FFT synergy is decent (Agrias's SSB, Ramza's Shout, Ovelia's Hastega w/ High Regen) and III synergy is utterly non-existent. Decisions, decisions.

Wazzy

Banned
Okay I got tempted to pull and used all my mythril and did a paid pull. I'm sorry VIII but I'll save enough for when you come out with your OSB banner </3

Anyway I got everything off the banner except OSB with my mythril and then paid pull got me OSB so I'm pretty happy!

Falk

that puzzling face
My XIII synergy is solid (Lightning's Blaze Rush / SSB / BSB, Hope's Earthquake, Vanille's Curaga SSB, 4*+++ Fist), FFT synergy is decent (Agrias's SSB, Ramza's Shout, Ovelia's Hastega w/ High Regen) and III synergy is utterly non-existent. Decisions, decisions.

You should have posted that you have amazing III synergy then pulled right after so you get III relics

Okay I got tempted to pull and used all my mythril and did a paid pull. I'm sorry VIII but I'll save enough for when you come out with your OSB banner </3

Anyway I got everything off the banner except OSB with my mythril and then paid pull got me OSB so I'm pretty happy!
A new Wind God(dess) appears~ :D

Razmos

Did my 11 pull, didn't get the OSB, but I did get Aerith's BSB, Yuffie's Crystal Cross and Cloud's Guise which are the ones I wanted most, so pretty happy.

Not happy enough apparently though as I did a paid 3 pull because I don't know how to money. Got a second Crystal Cross. Good to have a powerful throwing weapon anyway.

WarAdept

CM Ruby Dragon

From what used to be one of my weakest realms (that actually had event content for) to having just the right amount of relics to smash the ever living daylights out of this thing. Rinoa barely managed to get a BSB off, due to the onslaught of Saint's Cross, Chain Blizzaga and Laguna's SSB (which did ridiculous damage).

Irvine is still lol

0Bil8sr.jpg

Razmos

It's kinda crazy how useful a character Yuffie is in this game, the developers clearly love her.

She has great stats, a diverse moveset, diverse weapon choices, fantastic soul breaks with lots of utility (I'm tempted to keep her in my party all the time for the instant team percentage heal and instant physical blink that she has)

I did a pull in hopes of getting the OSB, which in hindsight probably wasn't that smart - my Cloud is fully powered up and had Fenrir Overdrive, so he sure needs it less.

I got lucky in this regard - I drew Red's SSB and Aerith's BSSB twice. I have two medica BSSBs now, both at 6 star level. Happy with that.

I just wish I could've drawn Yuffie's weapon. I have her headband for the instant medica, but to make her have more utility I'd love to have an offensive SB for her as well.

I realize I am 1 away from a bunch of relics becoming gold. Only had two at silver so my Kaiser shield and edea'/ first SSB are now gold.

Lucky drAw next week? With 10 from FFVII, and 10 from eiko all I have to do is wait four days!

thedan001

I won my first 160 ultimate+ since coming back to the game, My strat was to use RS team as possible even though they're all lv50's. Managed to kill off Odin right before zantetsuken, literally 2 seconds away.

Yes, I'm aware wimpy Odin is wimpy but an achievement for me!

Oe9UqrVl.png

Jyrii

Banned
Woah, i was able to beat, even master all of the doom ultimates.

Tiamat was probaly the hardest since the team didn't have that great multi attack soul breaks.

Five fiends finished. My highlight was Dark Mage Jhect against Ultima weapon. I probably did less damage than physical but when else do I get to take advantage of having a Mag thrown weapon?

Now for the Esthar Invasion *groan*.

I won my first 160 ultimate+ since coming back to the game, My strat was to use RS team as possible even though they're all lv50's. Managed to kill off Odin right before zantetsuken, literally 2 seconds away.

Yes, I'm aware wimpy Odin is wimpy but an achievement for me!

Oe9UqrVl.png
For all the people bash Odin in my case Odin only used the AoE attack so I came pretty close to a total wipe out and while I did bring a medica user I didn't give them Mako Might. It was a sad time.

Against my better judgment I did a top off pull, had 36 mythril, netted me the osb and cloud guise, so have to figure out the math on using those in conjunction. Maybe work up a fun wrath/entrust gambit.

Evolved weapons:
Plat sword fully augmented is 169/323rs.
Interestingly ragnarok is 194/322rs fully augmented as a 6star
Dragon claw vii is 132/269rs
J staff 138/278rs mnd
Regal gown 96/192 def 145/274 res

Evolved 4 5 stars, 12 4 stars and 4 or 5 3 stars to bolster some synergy deficiencies. I have a few more fours including some dupes that I can evolve as needed. I've spent around 20m Gil I think, with 79m left.

The four star bangles end up being pretty comparable to the 5 star bangles in the same realm.
, at least what I can compare.

A good 3 star to evolve is the Viking helm. With rs the stats are 17 atk and 139/124 def/res

Tidd

Everyone is pulling... I need to stay strong and save my mythril for the FF IX banner. I'm really grateful that we don't have a FF X event right now. I would probably go all out tomorrow after the FF X orchestra concert. :p

I know it's really far off, but what's the math behind Thunder God Cid and whatever immense damage he can do? I see it come up on occasion, but what I'm wondering if cloud can do just as well.

Cloud has two SBs that seem to feed off each other right? The enwind sb and the OSB for big wind damage. Does Cid(Orlandu) just do the same but with holy instead?

I'm just wondering why wait for cid if cloud does the same thing.

1/11 for this banner. Got Aerith's BSB, which wasn't something I really wanted. I have so much white mage equipment already...

Girlfriend was 3/11. Got Apocalypse, Cloud's Armor, and Cid's Goggles. She was hoping for the OSB, because she doesn't have a lot of real offensive driven equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom