• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vade

I am having a very difficult time trying to beat creature of the north +++. Am I just at the point I need to grind teams for record synergy? I also feel I should not have made Celes a main member. Any advice would be appreciated

Balphon

My FF7 synergy is lacking so I did an 11 pull on this.

Went 1/11 and got Red's SSB, which was literally the only possible result that is unhelpful to me, as it has zero synergy value and I already have a better SB for him.

I feel like I should stop pulling on non-celebration banners. They almost always screw me.

EDIT: Guess I will make it my RW since it could help some people with buff stacking. So maybe not a total loss?

B.K.

I did an 11 pull last night.

7dZLAa1.jpg

I guess it's a decent pull. No Ragnarok, though. I don't know if Aerith's BSB is enough to get me to replace Relm as my WHM. I really like her Curaga+High Regen SSB.

I guess it's a decent pull. No Ragnarok, though. I don't know if Aerith's BSB is enough to get me to replace Relm as my WHM. I really like her Curaga+High Regen SSB.

Who needs Major Regen when you can drop a 1.2k party heal every turn?

Balphon

If we've reached the point where getting 5 of the 7 items on the banner at once is a "decent" pull I think we've lost the plot.

Jeez. At some point you guys coming in with unironically lukewarm reactions to getting 4+ 5*s in an 11 pull are going to drive me insane. :)

Adeptrain

If we've reached the point where getting 5 of the 7 items on the banner at once is a "decent" pull I think we've lost the plot.

Jeez. At some point you guys coming in with unironically lukewarm reactions to getting 4+ 5*s in an 11 pull are going to drive me insane. :)

I get so happy whenever I get more than one 5* :p getting 5 5* would blow my mind :)

I am having a very difficult time trying to beat creature of the north +++. Am I just at the point I need to grind teams for record synergy? I also feel I should not have made Celes a main member. Any advice would be appreciated

The first thing that comes to mind is where is the damage mitigation? Magic Break will help out a lot, magic breakdown even more (not to mention stacking with full break) or the dancing versions (which are AoE but don't do damage) but you probably lack orbs for most of that.

Is Celes being used for her default SB; Magic Shield? That would be a big help (it is a 20 second res boost which stacks with shellga) perhaps with the Mako Might RM (check the RM unlock conditions to see if you can get this yet, it's one of Clouds RM) so you can use it turn 1. I also wouldn't bother with auto attack RMs for bonus battles.

What roaming warrior is being bought along? Divine Guardian could be great here (haste, strong regen and res boost which is identical to Celes magic shield) but if damage becomes a problem due to this you'll have to bring shout instead and use magic shield for the res effect (and hymn of the fayth for the regen). Another idea is to go with Indomitable Blade as your RW as that will make the user lure all single target black (and white) magic, take no damage from it and restore an ability use whenever hit by enemy magic. Half the attacks Schizo does are single target magic (though when you get it down to one head this becomes 80% of the attacks used). Tyro and Faris bursts could also be handy RWs are their burst commands are breaks.

If you need a specific RW remember; https://friends-ffrk.rhcloud.com/

Sunday is tomorrow so that is a good opportunity for some leveling up.

Razmos

Keeper's selection 2 looks great, all the guaranteed 5* on there are ones I'd like to get. The armour selection apparently has Dragon Gloves FFIV on it, so I'll likely get that since I already have one at 6*

I pulled the osb and I would frankly rather have pulled aeriths bsb. I have it in Jp, first got it in this event over there, and she didn't leave my party until a couple weeks ago when I pulled yshtola bsb. Far more useful than an osb that needs a lot of prep to hit hard

Vade

The first thing that comes to mind is where is the damage mitigation? Magic Break will help out a lot, magic breakdown even more (not to mention stacking with full break) or the dancing versions (which are AoE but don't do damage) but you probably lack orbs for most of that.

Is Celes being used for her default SB; Magic Shield? That would be a big help (it is a 20 second res boost which stacks with shellga) perhaps with the Mako Might RM (check the RM unlock conditions to see if you can get this yet, it's one of Clouds RM) so you can use it turn 1. I also wouldn't bother with auto attack RMs for bonus battles.

What roaming warrior is being bought along? Divine Guardian could be great here (haste, strong regen and res boost which is identical to Celes magic shield) but if damage becomes a problem due to this you'll have to bring shout instead and use magic shield for the res effect (and hymn of the fayth for the regen). Another idea is to go with Indomitable Blade as your RW as that will make the user lure all single target black (and white) magic, take no damage from it and restore an ability use whenever hit by enemy magic. Half the attacks Schizo does are single target magic (though when you get it down to one head this becomes 80% of the attacks used). Tyro and Faris bursts could also be handy RWs are their burst commands are breaks.

If you need a specific RW remember; https://friends-ffrk.rhcloud.com/

Sunday is tomorrow so that is a good opportunity for some leveling up.

When I use a RW like keeper or quistis I have a damage issue. I will get to head with 0 charges on anything else and it's at 80% hp. I was using shout then I got obliterated before too long even with celes wall and shellaga.

I try to break with armor/magic break but it always resists. I will try your lure strat since that will mitigate some damage and get some charges back I can survive long enough to drop my black magic on him first.

Thanks

c-murph

I pulled the osb and I would frankly rather have pulled aeriths bsb. I have it in Jp, first got it in this event over there, and she didn't leave my party until a couple weeks ago when I pulled yshtola bsb. Far more useful than an osb that needs a lot of prep to hit hard

Aerith is one of my mains. I need her BSSB. Might have to buy a 11-pull and chance it.

I already did two 11 pulls with my Mythril and got 6 Rainbow orbs... Sadly, none were her weapons though. :(

Balphon

I've always found offensive rws to be a mixed bag and often underwhelming, so I usually stick with guarenteed summons like the walls, hotf, shout etc. and let my team do the damaging.

I've always found offensive rws to be a mixed bag and often underwhelming, so I usually stick with guarenteed summons like the walls, hotf, shout etc. and let my team do the damaging.

Damaging rw are mostly useful for

Clearing out dailies when your hones or low/you have some d team that needs rms to drop.

Early game players to kill stronger bosses with low levels

Gimmick attacks with status alignments for medal conditins like turk bomb

With Aeris' BSSB and Mako Might I feel like I don't even need a cure ability on her.

Yep, Shellga and diaga and then the bsb when needed. Really nice as a secondary healer on tough battles with someone else using curajas on individual targets.

Damaging rw are mostly useful for

Clearing out dailies when your hones or low/you have some d team that needs rms to drop.

Early game players to kill stronger bosses with low levels

Gimmick attacks with status alignments for medal conditins like turk bomb

Oh sure, you can ride osb summons though a ton of story dungeons if you're just starting out, and hitting niche targets is highly desirable.

MrDaravon

Hmm, I might do a pull on the Keeper Volume 2; the only relic I have from the weapons pool is the SG. Would obviously LOVE to get a native Platinum Sword, and most of the other stuff on there is pretty solid.

Hmm, I might do a pull on the Keeper Volume 2; the only relic I have from the weapons pool is the SG. Would obviously LOVE to get a native Platinum Sword, and most of the other stuff on there is pretty solid.

I have Platinum Sword, Excalibur and SG. I don't care about Twin Lance but at the same time my VIII synergy is crap (planning one or two 11 pulls on Squall OSB banner). Would like Gilgamesh BSB but I am stacked on the offensive side for V. In fact, what I would really like is Vanille SSB since I don't have a Medica in that realm but I plan to pull on some XIII banners soon and the Lucky Draw in a few days has 13 in one of the 3 realms...

I won't complain since I have PS and SG, but I am getting tired of those cool banners not being for me. Might go for it for a Fire + armor, but even then it's costly if I end up with only second SG or something. :/ I have Last Judgment Grimoire at 8 stars now so a SG+ is not super useful, even in nightmares.

At least Twin Lance has elemental attacks. That prevents it from ever being useless, both as a weakness exploiter and any future imperil soulbreaks you get.

At least Twin Lance has elemental attacks. That prevents it from ever being useless, both as a weakness exploiter and any future imperil soulbreaks you get.

Yup it's not the weakest BSB, it would come handy here and there I am sure! Will keep thinking about it and see how I feel when the banner appears in a few hours.

When I use a RW like keeper or quistis I have a damage issue. I will get to head with 0 charges on anything else and it's at 80% hp. I was using shout then I got obliterated before too long even with celes wall and shellaga.

I try to break with armor/magic break but it always resists. I will try your lure strat since that will mitigate some damage and get some charges back I can survive long enough to drop my black magic on him first.

Thanks
I just tried using Indomitable Blade (as I only just reached the battle). Doesn't work here sadly. Looking it up; all the damage is NAT type* which can not be lured. sorry about that, such an amateur mistake.

*-PHY type is physical lure (e.g. draw fire) work on it. MAG type is magic so magic lure works on it. NAT can be either physical or magic and lures don't work.

Is Keeper Vol. 2 worth pulling on if I already have SG and Vanille's SSB?

I think that it depends of how useful the armor you can pick for free will be to your team. There is good relics in there but nothing game changing since you have SG. There is a lot of great banners coming soon and a Lucky Draw Tuesday. Too many great banners, not enough Mythrils to go around!

I am very interested by the Red Armlet, I also kind of want a Oath Veil to reforge the + version I already have... Still think that I won't pull...

On another note, MC3 tomorrow! Luneth seems to be a popular choice for the first MC3 for his 40% chance of Double Exp RM.

Got Mighty Morphing Power Rangers another Excalibur lol. Didn't get Shout. Saving my mythrils for the Lucky Draw next. Excalibur is now ++. I need more mythrils.

So after 180 stam spent tomorrow in the sun daily I'll have capped and learned all soul breaks other than getting bard from 65 to 80. I guess I'll do another run or tw just for the greens.

Luneth is a popular mc3 but since as above I've called everyone, I'm passing on him for a while, particularly since I don't have any of his relics. I haven't decided on my order of unlocks yet. The next events are ix, II, xii, x, xiii, IV. So I may go zidane, tyro, pcecil, Ramza, cloud, yshtola. To get a little ahead of events where I have a character with a good ssb, bsb, or wall.

Adeptrain

So, Yshtola is my favorite healer and a staple in my "A" team. Has her BSB ever come up on the banners? If not, does anyone know when it will come up? I just got Aerith's BSB and I'm thinking of letting her share healing duties cause of the bsb...but I'd rather use Yshtola :/

Negator

So, Yshtola is my favorite healer and a staple in my "A" team. Has her BSB ever come up on the banners? If not, does anyone know when it will come up? I just got Aerith's BSB and I'm thinking of letting her share healing duties cause of the bsb...but I'd rather use Yshtola :/

Y'shtola's BSB is not coming up for a long long time, I think I counted about 12 events (or 3 months) away. But rejoice, her BSB is amazing and is on an amazing banner.

Adeptrain

Y'shtola's BSB is not coming up for a long long time, I think I counted about 12 events (or 3 months) away. But rejoice, her BSB is amazing and is on an amazing banner.
Three months?!? o_O alright then, guess I gotta use aerith more... Sigh. Thx for letting me know.

Razmos

Aerith's BSB is awesome, enjoying using it.

Also lol at some of the 11 pulls on reddit. I keep forgetting that the "guaranteed 5*" can be shared SB and off banner relics too.

B.K.

Do we ever get another way to get Memory Crystal III Lodes? I've beaten a couple Ultimate +s, but I've never been able to consistently beat them. I hope they don't stay exclusive an Ultimate + reward.

c-murph

Ended up doing a paid pull because I really wanted Aerith's BSSB. Got it along with Cid's Goggles x 2 and a third Crystal Comb. Ended up reforging the 8* Crystal Comb then realized that was dumb because the only people that can use it are Red XIII and Tyro and I don't ever use Red XIII. :S

So, glad I got Aerith's BSSB though since it raises her stats and she's a permanent in my group. Now she can throw out an attack if need be while major healing. :D

Now I just need her Record Spheres to unlock.

EDIT: Oh shit. Her RS is unlocked... When did that happen? lol

Well, mastered everything including CM for U++ but U+ was annoying. My bad synergy for VII starts to show, will need to check how good are the next VII banners to know when I should at least do one 11 pull.

Well, mastered everything including CM for U++ but U+ was annoying. My bad synergy for VII starts to show, will need to check how good are the next VII banners to know when I should at least do one 11 pull.

I was about to ask, are either of these FF7 banners worth pulling on or should I wait? My 7 synergy consists mostly of really out of date gear not suitable for doing a cid mission especially not a ++.

I was about to ask, are either of these FF7 banners worth pulling on or should I wait? My 7 synergy consists mostly of really out of date gear not suitable for doing a cid mission especially not a ++.

Checking banners in a few minutes. U++ CM can be done with one good RS mage weapon with Vincent using Memento Mori and Hope BSB.

I'll try tomorrow with Aerith's og staff, shinra helm, and the +45 magic accessory. Perhaps yuffie's and aerith's double medica can kee my alive long enough.

Sounds good! Yuffie was able to do 6k per Fire Veil attack when Diamond Weapon closed his core. It casts fast and hits a weakness so the SB will charge faster.

I did it with this, only SB used was Aerith old Medica. I was able to do it with Vincent using Hope BSB twice and with Vincent and Reno using the BSB once each.

QrstpEDl.jpg

MrDaravon

Hmm, not sure who I want to use my MC3 on first. Of the characters we have first pick on the only ones I have anything notable for are:

Cloud (Organics)
Vaan (BSB)
Lightning (Lightning Crush SSB and also my PC + FC user)
Tyro (SG)
Ramza (BSB)

Vaan, Lightning and Tyro are all in my A Team and Ramza is in there sometimes (his spot is a toss-up for me between him and Basche with his Apocalypse Shield). I don't think Tyro being at 99 really does too much for me though in terms of why I always bring him along (SG + Full Break/utilities/Mastery requirements) so I'm thinking either Vaan or Lightning but not sure which. Lightning runs PC/FC for me which is obviously good, but Vaan gets his BSB up and running super quick since I have Lifesiphon on him. Alternatively I could just take the easy out and do Luneth for his RM, but that seems almost boring lol.

Speaking of which I was ONE goddamn character away from having everyone at the level cap and then they released a bunch more MC2's today :(

Only achieved Expert on my Cid Mission run against Diamond Weapon. My party wasn't well optimized, but I went back and mastered it with a non-CM party just to get it over with, even though I'm pretty sure I can master it with an FF7 party and my current understanding of the encounter. Didn't realize -all- of Diamond's magic attacks ignore RES, or that all of them were elemental fire, among other things. Physical characters are really annoying and I don't think I got my mileage out of Barret, Ingus, or Zack. Recorded the bonus battles.

On Sephiroth's Trail (Ultimate)
Land of Judgment (Ultimate +)
Truthseeker (Ultimate ++) - Cid Mission
Truthseeker (Ultimate ++) - Mastery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom