• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to ask, are either of these FF7 banners worth pulling on or should I wait?

Next VII event, Banner 1 and 2 have 1 OSB and 2 BSB per banner, I will wait for it. It also has Cid's Shout clone on banner 1.

Banner 1:

• Ragnarok - Cloud - OSB "Finishing Touch" 1x ST Wind/Non-Ele Physical Overflow hit
  • Runeblade - Zack - BSSB "Meteor Shots" 8xST random Wind/Earth physical dmg, Imperil Wind, Burst Mode2
  • Fuuma Shuriken - Yuffie - BSSB "Wutai's Guardian God" 5xAoE Water/Non-ele physical dmg, EnWater, Burst Mode3
  • Buster Sword H - Angeal - SSB "Wings of Pride" 6xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg, party DEF +100% and High Regen
  • Javelin - Cid - SSB "Pilot Force" Party ATK+50% and Haste
  • Crystal Cross - Yuffie - SSB "Gauntlet" Instant cast 3x AoE ranged physical attack and Physical Blink 1 to party
  • Cid's Goggles - Cid - SSB "Big Brawl" 12x ST random Wind Physical attacks, reduce air time for next 3 turns
  • Cloud's Guise - Cloud - SB "Climhazzard" 7x ST Wind physical attacks, En-Wind
  • Chocobracelet - 21 ATK 18 MAG 18 MND 85 DEF 82+1 RES SB "Renewing Feather" Party Mid Regen

Banner 2:

• Ragnarok - Cloud - OSSB "Finishing Touch" 1x ST Wind/Non-Ele Physical Overflow hit
  • Wizer Staff - Aerith - BSSB "White Materia" 5x AoE Holy white magic dmg, Medica(h85), Burst Mode5
  • Shinra Special Bomb - Reno - BSSB "Trinity Turk Light" 6xAoE Lightning/Non-ele ranged physical dmg, EnLightning, Burst Mode6
  • Sephiroth's Gloves - Sephiroth - SSB "Transience" 10xST Dark physical dmg, EnDark
  • Short Barrel - Vincent - SSB "Beast Howl" 8x ST Fire Magic attacks, En-Fire
  • Green M-Phone - Cait Sith - SSB "Mog Dance" AoE Full Break 40%, grants High Regen to party
  • Bangle - Barrett - SSB "Ungarmax" 10x Random Physical attacks, ATK+DEF -50%
  • Atomic Scissors - Barett - SSB "Satellite Beam" 3xAoE Lightning ranged physical dmg, Imperil Lightning
  • Firewyrm Fang - 108 +1 ATK

Oh, neat. Finally got a major augment bonus. With how rare it is, I wish it was like +5 or something.

Went ahead and egged Luneth to Level 99. Figured I might as well start taking advantage of that bonus XP right away. I have two old relics for Luneth, so he's not first string, but he does get practical use in FF3. It was costly, but not as expensive as I thought it'd be: 24 Major Growth Eggs and some change.

MrDaravon

Holy shit!

MK5F4CL.png

I already had SG but had none of the others, fucking awesome :D

Honestly not sure what armor piece I should choose; I feel like I already have a handful of shared medicas and I think I have both a shared protectga and shellga. Thinking maybe the FF9 piece since my FF9 synergy is ass and it comes up relatively often but dunno. I have little to nothing for FF1, 2 and 3 as well but those are rare.

WarAdept

Honestly not sure what armor piece I should choose; I feel like I already have a handful of shared medicas and I think I have both a shared protectga and shellga. Thinking maybe the FF9 piece since my FF9 synergy is ass and it comes up relatively often but dunno. I have little to nothing for FF1, 2 and 3 as well but those are rare.

Red Armlet? Elemental boosting armour is always welcome.

And Chain Firaga is next week.

EDIT: Holy fuck at Zombie Dragon U+

Whyyyyyy

Falk

that puzzling face
Can you pick multiples? 3x Keeper's Choice for a realm-agnostic 8* Red Armlet for Terra with her Enfire SB and Meltdown/Chain Firaga seems like it could be all kinds of hilarious.

The U++ was so much easier than the U+ for me. (Or maybe less annoying is a better way to say it.)

Using Hope's BSB as a RW makes the U++ a breeze. The only unique SB I used was one pop of Aerith's Healing Wind. The rest was all skills, the RW, and a Shared Faithga SB. (The Witch's Hat.)

Adeptrain

I'm in no hurry to get the mc3. I don't have any characters at 80 ㅠㅠ. Honestly, I'm still working on breaking mc2's for a few characters each realm so I always have someone to use in each realm. I feel so behind with everyone else here!

WarAdept

Today I learnt that Gordon can use White 4.

I forgot that the II cast got buffed. Forever forgotten.

EDIT:

"CM" U+ (Zombie Dragon)

Zombie Dragon is a dick. Those counters are absolute balls and Aerith's reraise procced like 4 times.

Fu73Abw.jpg

CM U++ (Diamond Weapon)

In contrast, Diamond Weapon is cake. I didn't even bother to go Hope BSB strat. In hindsight, I should've probably honed my Ninja spells up more, but I'm cheap lol.

bNnwIGD.jpg

Tonight was a good night for me.

I tackled the two Mote bosses I hadn't done yet.

SBs used: Lightning's BSB, WoL SSB, Tyro's BSB, Ramza's Shout, Penelo's SSB, RW Wall.

This was fairly standard A-Team run.

I didn't try the CM yet. Although, I made R3 Bahamut to give it a go later (once I figure out a good strategy).

SBs used: Edea's Hastemarch. RW Rinoa's BSB.

This took a lot of tinkering and S/Ling, but CM IFRIT DOWN! \o/

Initially, I was using Ice Beauty instead of Devotion on Rinoa. I got a nearly 3k boost on each Truespell Iceraze after making the switch. I was contemplating honing Chain Blizzaga further so Edea would have more turns where she wasn't damage capped, but it wasn't necessary. Heck, the second Blizzaja (honed way back when the dungeon first opened) and Shiva were never even used. Rinoa only cast the RW and spammed Truespell Iceraze.

AoE attacks tore me to shreds. With no medica, I had to S/L just about anytime he did them back to back. He did so at the end of this fight, but luckily it was only 2x Firaja and I had him low enough to finish him off before he could finish me off.

Besides the battles, my $1 pull granted me yet another 5* relic (4th in the past 2 weeks).
The game seems keen to throw support relics at me (Ramza's Shout, Tyro's SG / BSB, Fran's Whip Kick Bow x3, Faris's Wallbreaker Bow / Imperil Wind Bracer / BSB Bow, Red's Unique Boostga and now this).

MrDaravon

Are Lucky Draws going forward G5 as well now or no?

Egg Luneth to 99

N O R E G E R T S

I haven't decided if I want to do that yet, that would probably pretty much wipe out my egg stash since I've been egging people straight to 65, and I also started playing about 7 months late.

Got Expert on Ultimate++. It did the Diamond Flash way more than 4 times. I might need to hone dismissal so it can delay its turn. Two of my party members died too, so I lost a couple of medals for that. Might try again later.
My FFVII synergy isn't strong enough to take out Ultimate++. Not even close.

Tidd

Oh I forgot to use a fire attack against the Zombie Dragon so I missed my champion rank...Well whatever.

Diamond Weapon was ok. Went into the fight with my full physical A-team(I don't even know what my A-team is anymore, I have so many great SBs) and Bartz died during the first half of the fight. Ramza's BSB was the real MVP, dat damage! I can't imagine what P. Cecil would do. And of course Selphie with Dreamstage.
Tbh I did a few mistakes. For example I brought Shellga because I was too lazy to change it to Protectga. Didn't put Bartz in the back row although he had a throwing weapon. But I still did it.

Time to egg Luneth all the way up to 99?

I have Tyro's Wall and BSB, so I MC3'd and egged him to 99. He is usually a DPS Powercharger / BloodJumper + BSB breakdowns, while Shout Ramza handles FB + M/P BD duty. The extra levels will help him nicely.

I'll save future MC3s for characters I get super good BSB / OSBs for, although I may do it for Ramza and Lightning next. I have Shout for him and Burst + Crushing Blow for her.

Egged Luneth to 99 and got all the new mc2 crystals so everyone minus cores is 65+

I was happy to have two new mages to nuke through dailies with while hoping for RM's to drop... fucking Fusoya had his drop on the first enemy >:[ brah I want everyone but yours and Tellah's to drop

Edit: gaf complaint got me bard's rm as well so I'm cool

What are the new MC3 Record Materias that drop? Is that why everyone is MC3 Luneth?

RM3:
Tyro (Scholar's Boon): Increases all damage dealt by 30% when exploiting elemental weaknesses

WoL (The Promised One): ATK and DEF +13% when equipping a sword

Firion (Weapons Master): ATK +13%

Luneth (Fast Learner): 40% chance to double Experience gained at the end of the battle

PCecil (Azure Blade): Increases Holy damage dealt by 30%

Bartz (World Traveler): Increases Wind damage dealt by 30%

Terra (Light of Hope): MAG +13%

Cloud (Truthseeker): PHY attacks deal 30% more damage when equipping a sword

Squall (Orphaned Cub): Increases Ice damage dealt by 30%

Zidane (Tantalus Code): Thief abilities deal 40% more damage

Tidus (Dreamguide): Increases Water damage dealt by 30%

Shantotto (Witch's Cackle): BLK attacks deal 30% more damage when equipping a staff

Vaan (Wings Unfurled): PHY attacks deal 30% more damage when equipping a dagger

Lightning (Bolt from Above): Increases Lightning damage dealt by 30%

Yshtola (Matoya's Treasure): DEF and RES +20% when equipping a robe

Ramza (Standard Bearer): Attack turns into an ability (single, 1,60 physical) that deals Lightning damage

I just got Prey of the Weak for Luneth so I'm waiting for Stamina to regen so I can finish this dungeon before egging him to 99 as well. The exp boost is gonna pay off big later. Luneth is double the chance (20%) to double the XP of the RM3s offered by Cid, Relm, and Palom.

Egg whoever is on your A-team, but if they don't have their OSB or BSB, Luneth isn't a bad alternative. I would aim for Cloud next for that sweet 30% damage with swords RM.

I am probably going to pull on the first banner of the upcoming FF9 event, even though it might compromise my ability to pull on upcoming lucky draws (though, I believe we're getting a Fall mythril bonus). I'm still trying to cultivate my FF9 gear, the relic selection looks dope, and FF9 is one of my favorites. Eiko's burst is the biggest standout. One of the commands is a big heal and physical blink to a single target. The only relic on the list that isn't super great is Steiner's Excalibur, but I wouldn't mind adding it to my Arthurian set.

c-murph

RM3:
Tyro (Scholar's Boon): Increases all damage dealt by 30% when exploiting elemental weaknesses

WoL (The Promised One): ATK and DEF +13% when equipping a sword

Firion (Weapons Master): ATK +13%

Luneth (Fast Learner): 40% chance to double Experience gained at the end of the battle

PCecil (Azure Blade): Increases Holy damage dealt by 30%

Bartz (World Traveler): Increases Wind damage dealt by 30%

Terra (Light of Hope): MAG +13%

Cloud (Truthseeker): PHY attacks deal 30% more damage when equipping a sword

Squall (Orphaned Cub): Increases Ice damage dealt by 30%

Zidane (Tantalus Code): Thief abilities deal 40% more damage

Tidus (Dreamguide): Increases Water damage dealt by 30%

Shantotto (Witch's Cackle): BLK attacks deal 30% more damage when equipping a staff

Vaan (Wings Unfurled): PHY attacks deal 30% more damage when equipping a dagger

Lightning (Bolt from Above): Increases Lightning damage dealt by 30%

Yshtola (Matoya's Treasure): DEF and RES +20% when equipping a robe

Ramza (Standard Bearer): Attack turns into an ability (single, 1,60 physical) that deals Lightning damage

I just got Prey of the Weak for Luneth so I'm waiting for Stamina to regen so I can finish this dungeon before egging him to 99 as well. The exp boost is gonna pay off big later. Luneth is double the chance (20%) to double the XP of the RM3s offered by Cid, Relm, and Palom.

Egg whoever is on your A-team, but if they don't have their OSB or BSB, Luneth isn't a bad alternative. I would aim for Cloud next for that sweet 30% damage with swords RM.

Awesome Thanks. Wondering now if I actually need another EXP RM right meow. Might just begin by leveling Ramza, Tyro, Lightning (Aerith & Agrias when available) since they're like permanently in my party.

EDIT: Went with Ramza. I'll do Tyro then Lightning next then maybe hold out until Onion Knight.

Adeptrain

Gah! That Zombie fight was rough for me..I seriously need to hone my abilities more. How are people keeping up walls for the whole fight? I had to choose between Aerith's consistent healing or Yshtola's consistent wall and I went with Yshtola. It was such a long fight!

c-murph

Just beat that Diamond Weapon. Wasn't difficult at all for my team but I let the bitch use Diamond flash 4 times. Fuck. Only got Expert. Probably won't attempt again because Exvius TM Farms.

That Zombie is freaking insane...it's getting to the point where you need a BSB for almost every realm lol.

Gonna give it a few more tries. Brought Vaan and Hope's BSB with me so hopefully I can work this out.

I'm surprised its hones that's giving you guys trouble against Dragon Zombie. What stood out to me was how much party damage he deals. Fortunately, I had Yuffie's Clear Tranquil to counteract it. You could use Celes's burst as an RW for the 4x holy slash to lighten your burden.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's very much also a debuff check, since every phase he'll hit you with the exact same amount of AOE damage (Pandora mitigated by whether you have Full Break/Breakdown/etc on him) so if you're bursting each phase down before you get those hits back up on him he's going to hurty up to twice as much.

Credo

What's a good armor for me to choose from the Keeper's Choice volume 2? If it helps narrow down the choices, I'm a player who is able to beat the 120 difficulty stages, but I can't even touch the Ultimate fights and don't think I'm committed enough to get to that point. Based on how many times I've seen it mentioned in the thread, it seems like it's hard to go wrong with the Red Armlet, but I thought I should ask you all. Thanks in advance for any advice.

It's very much also a debuff check, since every phase he'll hit you with the exact same amount of AOE damage (Pandora mitigated by whether you have Full Break/Breakdown/etc on him) so if you're bursting each phase down before you get those hits back up on him he's going to hurty up to twice as much.

Not quite to dragon zombie farm yet but would you say this is one of those bosses where an inverse mitigation is useful (stacking breakdowns on full breaks on Vaan BSB )?

Just asking. Escher invasion was really hard for me because most of my power is in single target inverse mitigation, so zombie dragon feels like it's something up my alley...

StMeph

So I misread Zombie Dragon rezzing three times as having to kill him three times, so when he came back for round four I was absolutely not prepared. GG

That Zombie is freaking insane...it's getting to the point where you need a BSB for almost every realm lol.

Gonna give it a few more tries. Brought Vaan and Hope's BSB with me so hopefully I can work this out.

As always, complaining on GAF worked (well, lowering the battle speed helped too).

I beat that damn zombie and got my first MC3! Guess it's going to Luneth since that's what the cool kids are doing. My next one will go to Vaan - I have his BSB augmented and maxed out as many of his spheres as I could.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not quite to dragon zombie farm yet but would you say this is one of those bosses where an inverse mitigation is useful (stacking breakdowns on full breaks on Vaan BSB )?

Just asking. Escher invasion was really hard for me because most of my power is in single target inverse mitigation, so zombie dragon feels like it's something up my alley...

Very much so. Usually in multi-wave scenarios buff-type mitigation is more valuable than debuff-type mitigation since you have to reapply debuffs every wave. BUT Zombie Dragon circumvents that by just flat out ignoring res for his rez nuke. So the fight is a lot easier if you already have breaks casting while each phase is killed off to land the moment it triggers to the next.

Yeah hope bssb trivialized the cm took a few tries for him to target yuffie/aerith enough to get an extra cast of their medicas. Mastery too which was nice.

c-murph

Onion Kight and Orlandu get their own MC3, no need to save an MC3 for them to my knowledge.

Good to know thanks.

Finally beat that fuck Ifrit. My A-team basicaly had a long endurance match after all their hones ran out. Chipped away like 30% of his health through the attack button.

Razmos

I sent a support email to Dena regarding the gems on my account.

I still had 30 gems from that weird Final fantasy XIV collaboration event bug where the pulls cost 97 and 297 respectively (yeah I did 10 pulls lol) and they've been sitting on my account bothering me for ages, especially since I made up the difference of a few mythril on my Cloud OSB banner 11 pull, which somehow left me with 50 gems.

I asked them if they could remove them or bump them up to 100 gems so I can be rid of them haha.

Seems like such a small thing but it would be great if they fix it.

Finally Gordon got level cap 2 break. I'm looking forward to using Goddess's Bell a lot more.

Ultimate Midgar Zolom: Going all out at the start (open with Zidaine BSSB shortly followed by Red XIII using stardust ray), not having fire resist (beta counters...so many) and not having mako might for garnet to use divine guardian (as Zidaine and Red XIII took those RM for their SBs) was not the best way and nearly a loss. Ironically, Red XIII (the only VII character I bought) was the only casualty though.

Still seeing the thing on about half health on turn 2 was nice but yeah I kinda forgot what weak phase in an ultimate means :(

FFMafia

Would you use the MC3 on Locke or cloud? I have both their bsbs. Or I gusss Terra's since I have hers too. I have shout on ramza and I also have the final fantasy v magic character's ssb that gives plus magic if any of that info helps

Kain

This event was

Ultimate: Cast two times Cloud's OSB as a RW lol the boss is dead

U+: most annoying fight in months. I had to S/L a few times because I didn't time the breaks well. Magic blink ate two of his nukes, that was a lifesaver...

U++: way easier than the U+, Cecil ate for breakfast this poor dude

Then I egged my boy Cecil to 99, he's the one bringing they money home so...

WarAdept

I'm pulling for synergy really since my hones are on point. Any useable SB's are a bonus.

I'll happily take Snow and Lightning's armours if I get them.

WarAdept

I didn't even realise that was the reward.

I tend to just mash the next button nowadays.

Dark Matters and Empowered Motes are going in the same bin as Rosetta Stones for me: i.e. never used.

Let me farm my crystals dammit DeNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom