• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Did Ifrit today with full VIII party and destroyed him plus I quickly did special mission for Ruby Dragon with all VIII party. Now I can focus on clearing VII event. Just need to decide if I should make Cloud 99 or Squall.

LOL Aeris' is unkillable with her BSSB. Get hit every turn, massive single target heal on herself every turn, build up meter for the next BSSB, repeat.

Snek is dead.
Edit: LOL I even got champion even though everyone except for her and Tyro died and it took forever.
Further edit: aw man I can't exchange this power crystal for 10 major power orbs?

It kind of annoys me that Quina's Bistro Fork has a bunch of MAG on it, but Quina can't use Black-4 abilities that will actually put it to use. Quina even has access to rods and hats. Quina's future record sphere would be a decent place for Black-4, but it only offers +Support and +ATK for the most part. Given the accessibility of stat debuffs through Freya, Zidane, and Quina, you can get your key debuffs covered such that Quina will have a free slot to pair up with Full Break, and I'd like more ways to utilize that. Also, blue magic is way overdue.

If blue magic hasn't showed up by now, I highly doubt it ever will.

Relegated to SB names, RIP

They said at one point that they were having trouble figuring out exactly how to implement it, thematically. If it were me, I would just treat it like a normal ability set that's crafted and honed like any other. Alternatively, they could just make another monthly event similar to the Nightmare Gates and Mote Dungeons, where the enemy of the month drops an otherwise uncraftable blue spell.

Adeptrain

It's kinda nice to have a lull in events after finishing up glimmer/hope. Currently actually working on the story dungeons and building up stamina. Hopefully they give us a few days before the next event.

Falk

that puzzling face
Alternatively, they could just make another monthly event similar to the Nightmare Gates and Mote Dungeons, where the enemy of the month drops an otherwise uncraftable blue spell.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant when I said "by now". With the 5* ability 5-dooms event, they've shown that unlocking abilities for a specific subset of characters via a thematic boss is doable within the set of game mechanics currently implemented.

And yet, still no blue magic.

Falk

that puzzling face
G9NQIA3l.png

Pejo

Man, I had no idea about those mote challenge bosses until the day before the event ended. I beat the Knight and Monk ones easily, but ran into some problem with the red dragon for the thief ones. Ended up starting the fight minutes before the event went offline, so I was able to at least S/L until i beat it. Eventually i just got lucky that he didn't spam southern cross a bunch of times and managed to champ him. That was the toughest fight I've ever attempted in this game, but I managed to beat it, so that feels good.

I now have 3 sweet 6* abilities on Pecil, Locke, and Jecht. I'm kinda miffed I didn't get anything for Tyro, but he's usually equipping specific abilities to hit weaknesses or conditions anyways, and I guess I could give him whatever that ninja skill is, though it sounds absolutely worthless (increased mag, reduced def - when would you use that?)

I just also read that we can now get MC3's to unlock level cap to 99, which is exciting. Looks like the "dissidia mains" get the ability for now, and the only one of them I use in my main party is Pecil, so if I can manage to get it, it's going directly to him. Honestly, I don't ever see how with my setup I can exchange any of the RM to anything other than limit ones (dr. mog, ace striker, etc) as they are just too important to victory, so none of these damage buff ones seem important to me.

That 6* monk skill (forget the name) - what's the magic attack number you need to get all 5 hits out of it? I'm stuck at only 2/5 with my level 65 Jecht, so I know I have a lot I can improve. Am I boned at getting 5/5 hits outside of FF10 levels with full synergy?

Falk

that puzzling face
I died horribly. Already did a no-medal-lost run with Hope BSB shenanigans prior. This was basically testing if I could eke by with Sheepsong and my so-so VII gear.

1 stamina is great

Vade

Well after leveling up some more and swapping Celes for Ramza I ended up beating the ++ event and got another 65 break crystal. Ramza's support abilities and over all damage just helps so much more than Celes. Also playing glass cannon and hoping to pop one head before I died worked. Wish I started playing earlier as missing the Paine and Yuna Breaks hurts a lot. Here's hoping the next events will be easier with my stronger team and more hones.

MrDaravon

Grabbed Luneth's MC3 and egged him to 99 which didn't take nearly as many of my resources as I thought it would, what I was looking at on reddit for the number of eggs it would take must have been from 1 to 99 and not 80 to 99 (it wiped out nearly all of my Majors but I have a few hundred Greaters and tons of lower ones).

c-murph

LOL Aeris' is unkillable with her BSSB. Get hit every turn, massive single target heal on herself every turn, build up meter for the next BSSB, repeat.

I know it's glorious. Combined with her Planet Protector for Life insurance and Knight Charge and she's a Goddess.

Also, Tyro with SG and Keeper's Tome and Ramza with Unsung Hero, Tailwind and Shout help a lot too.

Falk

that puzzling face
Taking bets here.

If I get 1/11 GAF should chip in to buy me another pull y/n

(it's a trick question cuz only 1 pull for lucky draw gdi)

Wrapped up my remaining CMs. The RW + my RS made these far easier than I expected.

7 U++:
I just pulled Red and Barret's SSB on my $1 pulls for the event banners and they were good stat sticks here. Having Yuffie's Clear Tranquil and Aerith's Healing Wind helped a bunch too. Vincent had 481 MAG and was doing 9k per hit of the BSB command at the start and 7k after the core closed.

X Mote:

I crafted Bahamut for this and it worked great. The second sleep RW wore off just before I could finish the battle. I got scared that she would revive her sisters. Luckily that wasn't the case.

My phone crashed as I was about to pull (I was gonna press the last button to pull) so I pulled with my emulator... Nu Khai Armband (I have Shout) and Desh's Sword. I badly need XIII synergy. Fuck off phone, my pull would have likely been better. Whatever...

Edit: Forgot Desh's Sword is a mage sword, could have been worse. Ok, it also gives him enthunder. Sounds like he could have fun with Chain Thundaga later on.

Falk

that puzzling face
I've also got Beatrix BSB, but that's overkill and doesn't affect the best-case (boss is already weak to Holy)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So how do you get more dark matter for reforging?

Also, I got Vega and the Refia SSB... even with good odds, I'll never get a a Lightning relic. lol

Great thing about this dungeon update is that I get to listen to the Eureka music from FF3 again.

I think I'll be able to do this lucky draw and an FF9 draw thanks to the 5 Mythril we're getting on the 14th, but it'll be close. I'll be pulling on FF9 first though, because the lucky draw will be around for ten days.

So how do you get more dark matter for reforging?

Also, I got Vega and the Refia SSB... even with good odds, I'll never get a a Lightning relic. lol

Fat Chocobo shop sells Dark Matter in the Upgrade Materials section.

I know the feeling.

Meh.

I was hoping for some either some III RS or Hope's BSB. I got a III relic, but A: Not a weapon. B: 50% HP Cut. At least it's a 35% ATK / DEF Boostaga so it stacks with Shout and may be useful for the Onion Knight CM.

You deserve it for unfollowing me the other day.

ZangBa

I got 4 items. 1 I already had and another that's super outdated. The other 2 are Delita's Maximillion and Ingus's SSB, so that's cool. I need to see if Delita is worth using in my main team now with that.

Adeptrain

I got luneths unique sword, which is fine cause its my first ff3 weapon... And Vanille physician staff... Another medica... Sigh. I have so, so many healers ㅠㅠ.

Btw, I've been relying on walls since I restarted the game... Are Y'shtola and Tyro the only two characters with walls in the game?

I got luneths unique sword, which is fine cause its my first ff3 weapon... And Vanille physician staff... Another medica... Sigh. I have so, so many healers ㅠㅠ.

Btw, I've been relying on walls since I restarted the game... Are Y'shtola and Tyro the only two characters with walls in the game?
So far, yes.

c-murph

Got a second pair of Raine's Gloves and the Defender Sword for Agrias.

I'll take it. New move for one of my A team characters and +10 Attack Mastery works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom