• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh that's not very exciting, will be funny to have a level 80 tyro who's still terrible unless you pull one of his books

Not exciting, but extremely useful for those that have ended up with a handful of support SBs. Looking forward to when I can throw out Boon and SS2 turn 1 on bonus battles. >=D

MrDaravon

Okay, it's been like a full day since I've asked any questions so I'm due!

-So over on the reddit the general consensus seems to be that the upcoming FFVI banners aren't particularly special or worth pulling on, would folks here agree? I'm all about FFVI, apparently FFVI and FFVII are super common events, and I only have two decent/upgraded FFVI pieces (5* Kaiser knuckles and natural 4* helmet). On the other hand I only have 44 mythril so I should probably be trying to somewhat plan or play intelligently on banners. If I was going to pull on one of the banners which one would be optimal, the Soul Sabre one? The reddit breakdown thread indicates the quality of the items is kind of all over the place on both banners.

-I don't think I realized this, but also looking on the reddit you get 1 100-gem per each new banner, is this correct? Since I just started over a week ago I haven't put any money in and I assumed that was a once per account thing or something. I probably would have been doing this, I'll kick them $2 every week or whatever.

Boss rush was cake. Barthandelus was a pain in the neck, though, primarily because I arrived unprepared. My Lightning wasn't jacked enough to deal more than 1500 damage with Blade Blitz to the pauldrons, so I should've brought spellblades instead. Also wasn't aware they were resistant to Quake. So it basically took forever. Didn't master the fight but fortunately mastered the dungeon as a whole, while also nailing the quest in the same run. Shivacycle is next so I need to rotate Snow back in to eat some knuckle sandwiches for his homies.

-So over on the reddit the general consensus seems to be that the upcoming FFVI banners aren't particularly special or worth pulling on, would folks here agree? I'm all about FFVI, apparently FFVI and FFVII are super common events, and I only have two decent/upgraded FFVI pieces (5* Kaiser knuckles and natural 4* helmet). On the other hand I only have 44 mythril so I should probably be trying to somewhat plan or play intelligently on banners. If I was going to pull on one of the banners which one would be optimal, the Soul Sabre one? The reddit breakdown thread indicates the quality of the items is kind of all over the place on both banners.

-I don't think I realized this, but also looking on the reddit you get 1 100-gem per each new banner, is this correct? Since I just started over a week ago I haven't put any money in and I assumed that was a once per account thing or something. I probably would have been doing this, I'll kick them $2 every week or whatever.
The 100 gem pull isn't free - you get a discount once per banner. I play the game daily so don't begrudge doing it, but yep its a real money deal.

I'll probably pull on the Celes banner too, i'm a sucker for Opera floozy's. Though making sure I have enough for the V banner as i'm really needing synergy there.

MrDaravon

The 100 gem pull isn't free - you get a discount once per banner. I play the game daily so don't begrudge doing it, but yep its a real money deal.

I'll probably pull on the Celes banner too, i'm a sucker for Opera floozy's. Though making sure I have enough for the V banner as i'm really needing synergy there.

Right I know you have to pay for the gems, but I didn't realize they did the 100 gem offer per banner, I thought it was just once ever so I paid it no mind.

It's not particularly special but most of us have been playing for a while. Since you said you started about a week ago it wouldn't hurt to pull a couple times to at least get some more relics IMO.

yes

MicH

When you're new and don't have a lot of relics every banner is good (and every 5* is good). For those who have played longer and have a lot more relics it matters more where you spend your mythril. I personally don't think the upcoming VI banners are good, but I also have a good chunk of VI gear. If you lack VI gear, it's probably worth pulling on it.

Yes, they have a special 100 gems for a pull for each banner (one time only) so that's a good, cheap pull with a chance to get an amazing 5* relic

Balphon

FFVI synergy is very common among sub-5* items. Soul Sabre and Mog's scarf have very good SBs attached to them, but they're split across the banners and in any event probably aren't worth allocating your mythril for even if you didn't have Sabin's fist. Stat-wise the only good 5* in either of them is Enhancer, to boot.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Can someone explain why Draw Fire keeps getting mentioned here (I think I missed that ability...) and why people chose to three-man team Barthandelus?

Draw Fire is a very good way of keeping the other members of your party safe in the ++ battle. Considering Snow already is a tank (plus, a requirement for Mastery) and Nix attacks like 5 times each turn, it makes your life easier throughout the fight.

About Barthandelus, it's an Event Quest that nets you a Major Holy Orb. I don't think the prize is very good, but I did anyway (with Advantaliate, cause my synergy in FF XIII sucks).

Kaiterra

Banned
379s5SK.jpg

Really where was this luck during the Festival of Gold?!

Razmos

Failed my first attempt at 3-man Barthandelus using Yuna, Sazh and Hope, but JUST barely, I ran out of abilities and was autoing him when all my mitigation ran out and he spammed Sazh to death when he was 1 hit away from dying, and then the doom counter ran out.

Until that point though I hadn't needed to heal, and had soul break gauge to spare. So this time I'm leaving the healing to Yuna's Hymn of the Faith + Heavy Regen and replacing Curaga with Diaga, and giving Hope my Sanctum Gloves so he has a magic shared soul break for when he runs out of abilities. Realistically I should be able to DPS him down before my mitigation runs out.

The worst part is the pauldron/ailette. Not because they are difficult, but they are just tedious with all the buffs and take a while to kill since I'm trying not to use abilities on them, while Barty himself is quite squishy (which is completely the opposite of the fight in FFXIII :p)

elty

Just beat the three man challenge. Not too hard with Cloud, Snow and Tyro.

Cloud, retaliate, tempo furry (loner)
Snow, magic break, double cut (the other loner)
Tyro, Shellga, Kirin (double hit)
Advance RW

I have XIII sword, fist and pumpkin as weapon so they really help a lot..

Razmos

As a matter of fact... do Major Holy Orbs ever get used for something decent?

I suppose they are worth holding on to since a lot of 5* abilities are being added in JP right now (Monk, Dragoon, Knight, second white mage ability) but eh.

also did you guys know that they give those 5* abilities out as rewards from the bonus battles? All those saved orbs, hmm

Falk

that puzzling face
Hey, I am proudly letting my stamina sit at max and waste away after realizing "Uh, I'm in the wrong daily" last night and passing out.

GXONOOol.jpg

Razmos

My strategy worked! Barty beat :3
Boon and Hymn of the Fayth are a damn blessing, so lucky to have got those.

Tomorrow I get Warrior of Light's MC and equip him with the Sun Blade.

I find it incredibly weird that I have better synergy for FFI (2 5* swords) than I do for some other realms, lol. And I think those are the only 2 FFI items in the game anyway!

Falk

that puzzling face
Think they were trying too hard to get people to like Snow.

Like I mentioned Snow + Draw Fire is MVP this event.

I would consider the Wind element requirement as weird though ;p

nacarelli

Neo Member
My strategy worked! Barty beat :3
Boon and Hymn of the Fayth are a damn blessing, so lucky to have got those.

Tomorrow I get Warrior of Light's MC and equip him with the Sun Blade.

I find it incredibly weird that I have better synergy for FFI (2 5* swords) than I do for some other realms, lol. And I think those are the only 2 FFI items in the game anyway!

There is a Defender sword 4* from that realm too. Think it's a shame not having other characters like Garland or that princess (she's the original bard, after all).

Is there an order to how I should be going through things? Started playing like a week or so before the halloween event so my main 5 are around mid 40's atm with the halloween 5*s and the single 5* I pulled from the 4 luckys....sigh.

Currently I've been doing get as far in each event as I can (which is generally up to around the 55 difficulty levels) then doing the classic dungeons and the dailies if I have time and havent done them yet to get the first time mythril (just started being able to do the Hard daily today).

Should I just continue with the classics as far as I can or go back and do all the easier Elites first as well. As far as skills I've mainly just been going off the quests for the "make this and hone this" and w/e I need for dungeon boss medals.

elty

Is there an order to how I should be going through things? Started playing like a week or so before the halloween event so my main 5 are around mid 40's atm with the halloween 5*s and the single 5* I pulled from the 4 luckys....sigh.

Currently I've been doing get as far in each event as I can (which is generally up to around the 55 difficulty levels) then doing the classic dungeons and the dailies if I have time and havent done them yet to get the first time mythril (just started being able to do the Hard daily today).

Should I just continue with the classics as far as I can or go back and do all the easier Elites first as well. As far as skills I've mainly just been going off the quests for the "make this and hone this" and w/e I need for dungeon boss medals.

If there is a bonus quest for that elite then do it, or if it rewards you something you need. Otherwise I will push for classic first as they are easier.

Falk

that puzzling face
That sounds like a plan. Short term goal would be to beef out your max stam as much as possible and there definitely are a lot of elites that give shards for a lower cost.

Time to finally grind out some normal dungeons again. I'm so behind. Still doing DU8 normals.

I think I just finished the last of the DU 3 dungeons =x At around 73/74 stamina.Guess at this point I'll just keep trucking along until there is a banner I want to pull 50 mythril on and hope my shit luck doesn't continue.

elty

Is Phoenix worth honing to 2 or 3? Have to do that zombie dragon thing in FF IV and even classic is pretty hard with super RNG.. Planning to burst it with ruinga, meteor, valefar, phoenix and something that does AE slow as RW.

Falk

that puzzling face
I brought r5 Ifrit.

5 shots of 9999 is better than 2 or 3 shots of 9999

(Remember a lot of the trash is fire-resistant though)

alcheim

Think they were trying too hard to get people to like Snow.

Like I mentioned Snow + Draw Fire is MVP this event.

I would consider the Wind element requirement as weird though ;p

I agree. That setup just fit well in this scenario. This isn't the real Snow anyway... he can't even use the Shiva summon

johnsmith

remember me
I'm finding this 3 man quest impossible. Doesn't help that I have absolutely no 13 synergy. Wasted 116 on attempts. I'm done.

Falk

that puzzling face
fosczznl.jpg

This was my party right on the hour.

TOTES PREPARED LOL

edit: Oh boy Majors for first time rewards.

edit2: The dragon mobs in here that come in pairs have 7500 hp

Holy shit lol

edit3: Not complaining though, this has high immediate value (power/black 4*) along with high stockpiling value (3*s for orb conversion) and takes very little IRL time to empty stamina bar.

wyYZI0Ql.jpg

fosczznl.jpg

This was my party right on the hour.

TOTES PREPARED LOL

edit: Oh boy Majors for first time rewards.

edit2: The dragon mobs in here that come in pairs have 7500 hp

Holy shit lol

edit3: Not complaining though, this has high immediate value (power/black 4*) along with high stockpiling value (3*s for orb conversion) and takes very little IRL time to empty stamina bar.

wyYZI0Ql.jpg

My run was no where near as successful of the new daily only got 5 3star orbs from each round :X

Falk

that puzzling face
I was mistaken and tricked by the announcement showing Major orbs. The mastery reward is 4* orbs

(HEH)

Got my first major orb from the new enemy type. I guess this is the new orb fest!

From what I understand the rate for 4* in general is somewhat lower, but considering it's only split between two schools instead of 3, it works out to even if you're only going for a specific color of 4*. Major rate is lower.

***Disclaimer that this is from trawling JP BBS and not my own hard data, which we should get with FFRKI and a few weeks of people doing the new tier***

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man, Celes event's bonus battles right around Sunday daily. Perfect timing to dump Celes/Setzer in the new tier.

Strago tagging along

Jyrii

Banned
Nope, still not being able to beat Alexander.

My XIII people are lv50 (except Hope who is 46) Most of my other realm characters are lv65 though. I do have bunch of 5* weapons and armor, but only XIII ones are the halloween items.

Main problem is that I do not do enough dmg. Should I use Snow with Draw fire? I do not have his second RM yet. Any other tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom