• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyari

I'm a little disappointed at the lack of FFXI stuff for XI day after the fakeout on the english FFXI website :(
Especially since we'll likely skip Curilla and Ayame for the foreseeable future, I figured it would have been a perfect time to just throw those two at us.

Smashed Omega first time without breaking a sweat.

I had my two strongest White Mages decked out in mega MND gear. Vanille had Dispel (just in case) and Stop. Aerith had Stop & Curaga. I had the Keeper with Haste and the thunder ninja spell, decked out in heavy MAG gear. Cloud with Power Break & Thundaga Strike and his Advent Children googles (which have major Blind resistance). Kuja with heavy mind gear, Thundaja and Chain Thundaga.

It was pretty simple strategy-wise beyond this. My gear meant that my two white mages had nearly/over 500 MND, so I just had them stop-lock Omega. Omega cast blind out of the gate but it didn't hit Cloud (and doesn't impact the mages). I had Keeper haste himself then the two white mages, then spam the thunder ninja ability all battle.

The two mages did nothing but cast stop - by keeping Omega stop-locked past the first turn, I didn't even have to worry about using Dispel. It's a great strategy, and it feels good to crush a super-hard boss this way. I was running out of Stops by the end, at which point I did have to dispel a reflect once.

Kuja popped the Dusk's Decree RW (Ashe) right away and them spammed the double-lighting ability. It was hitting for 9999x2 every turn. As soon as the RW wore off, I cast it again. At the end of that, I used one Chain Thundaga to close out the battle.

Cloud of course just used Power Break on the first turn for medal condition and then wailed on the boss with Thundaga Strike. When I ran out of that move (Rank 4), I just used his BSB. This was what ultimately tidied the boss off.

Very happy with this performance. Really thought for a bit I was going to have to use a mythril refresh buff looking at this one outside the game, but as it turns out it wasn't a problem at all.

Kain

I don't know what happened but my RW went from 2-3 summons a day to 40 yesterday lol

I have Sheepsong and not even with XIII synergy, I just did that now.

Xetherion

Yep, easiest fight ever lol

I brought

Tyro: Multibreak, BSSB (didn't even use it lal)
Lenna: Halting rumba R3 (key of the fight here) and MND stacked
Braska: doesn't matter, just stack MAG
Rydia: doesn't matter, just stack MAG
Krile: Sheepsong, Stop, stack MND (not mandatory but just in case)

RW Ashe's BSSB

Basically the fight was: Halting Rumba, Multibreak, Sheepsong, Braska RW, Rydia RW then spam the first command with the two mages, cast HR every turn and that's it. Done in 5 turns (I counted five casts of HR).

I copied your strat, except I had Krile use the 2nd RW after Sheepsong because I brought Desch with his en-Thunder SB and Chain Thundaga as my 2nd mage. He was doing 20k per turn, Krile and Shantotto (my other RW user) were doing 40k per turn, and even Tyro was doing 7.5k with Swift Bolt. Finished Omega in 4 casts of HR.

Thanks for the strat!

Dragner

I did omega with:

Lightning: SSB,BSSB,LS,Thundara strike (only used the SSB)
Cloud: BSSB,OSB,LS,Thundara strike (burst first then OSB)
Tyro: Halting rumba, multibreak(SG didnt use it)
Ashe: Thundaga,Stop (SSB its not her burst but good enough).
Terra: Chain thundaga,thundaga(SSB that hit less than CT so whatev)
Selphie:Stop,Curaja(SSB didnt use it).

2 cloud sunglases to resist flash on cloud and lightning.

RW: sheep song.

Had so S/L once because omega randomly resisting 5 stops and wiping me, second try he did an attack first turn and that was it.

Anustart

Finally beat Omega. Lost 1 medal for too many character's ko'd. Got hit last second by a wave blast. Accessory is pretty lame, but thankful for the 10 major eggs I guess.

Kain

I copied your strat, except I had Krile use the 2nd RW after Sheepsong because I brought Desch with his en-Thunder SB and Chain Thundaga as my 2nd mage. He was doing 20k per turn, Krile and Shantotto (my other RW user) were doing 40k per turn, and even Tyro was doing 7.5k with Swift Bolt. Finished Omega in 4 casts of HR.

Thanks for the strat!

Glad to help!

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
YcNkjSE.jpg

RuvkIsH.jpg

My luck since TBF has been insane guys.

Dragner

I'm still in the 0 BSB club.

If it were for events I would be as you. My experience with BSBs is a rollercoaster. I got Cloud Burst first try, then failed to pull anything useful from events since tactics events highlights being 250 mythril on last 4 event to get only a SSB and 200 mythril on Vaan burst to get a 7* balthier SB gun, but then my 3 last lucky draws were Zidane Burst, Lightning Burst, Cloud OSB. So idk what to think.

Balphon

If it were for events I would be as you. My experience with BSBs is a rollercoaster. I got Cloud Burst first try, then failed to pull anything useful from events since tactics events highlights being 250 mythril on last 4 event to get only a SSB and 200 mythril on Vaan burst to get a 7* balthier SB gun, but then my 3 last lucky draws were Zidane Burst, Lightning Burst, Cloud OSB. So idk what to think.

I've had some poor luck on the recent luckies. Going 1/11 on the last one and getting a Revolver was particularly hilarious.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there some trick to the Atlas fight? Or is it yet another RNG based U++?

Seriously, Crashing Grasp like 3 times in a row in the first minute of the fight? What's the point? I don't know what they want you do to to counter that, have constant Magic Blink?

Yeah, 90 minutes later and I give up. The last few U++ don't feel like they are skill based at all anymore. I feel like they make them cost 1 stamina because they know they're bullshit, but I'm not willing to waste time on these for orbs that I may never used.

I'm getting a sense of deja-vu because this is how I felt in the pre-Shout days and it feels like I'm missing some kind of game breaking BSSB or RW in order to mitigate the terrible RNG nature of these bosses. :/
I assume being able to spam that Tyro magic blink SB would be perfect for this fight... too bad I don't have it.

Dragner

Bring tauntaliate and enjoy. 90% of his attacks are simple target phy attacks or counter atracks that a tauntaliator just neutralizes. Other than that you need high hones or bursts since the thing is tough and can take you a while to bring him down.

Just be prepared to heal his aoe magic piercing attacks with your aoe heal and you should be fine.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bring tauntaliate and enjoy. 90% of his attacks are simple target phy attacks or counter atracks that a tauntaliator just neutralizes. Other than that you need high hones or bursts since the thing is tough and can take you a while to bring him down.

Just be prepared to heal his aoe magic piercing attacks with your aoe heal and you should be fine.
That's my problem. He does his AoE dispel thing every three or four turns, which means I waste too much time trying to bring up shell instead of healing. Or he does his AoE dispel + AoE pierce attack and I'm just dead.

I feel like I have the bare minimum tools necessary:

Tyro for Wall
Aeris for Heal/Planet Protector (which I can't use anyway since I don't have enough turns, so maybe I should just swap her out)
Faris for debuff BSSB
Some FF7/8/9 guy for hastega
Gilgamesh for tauntilate

Shout definitely doesn't last long enough for the fight, and losing half my damage sucks hard, and but I can't get Planet Protector out because of the constant AoE attacks.

But I feel I can theoretically finish the fight, but when you waste 10 minutes getting to the weak state and then get hit by 3 AoE attacks in short succession, it takes any sense of fairness out of the game.

Dragner

If you tauntaliate you dont need much more since his magic aoe pierces shell wont do much so dont worry if you cant bring it up,just keep healing. Just focus on tauntaliate and having him with full break + magic breakdown. If you can bring heavy regen it will mitigate a lot of the damage the aoe magic does liberating your healer a bit.

To be fair I had an easier time since I have magic blink + heavy regen so it wasnt hard for me but I can see it being frustrating if he keeps aoe dispel and you dont have those.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you tauntaliate you dont need much more since his magic aoe pierces shell wont do much so dont worry if you cant bring it up,just keep healing. Just focus on tauntaliate and having him with full break + magic breakdown. If you can bring heavy regen it will mitigate a lot of the damage the aoe magic does liberating your healer a bit.

To be fair I had an easier time since I have magic blink + heavy regen so it wasnt hard for me but I can see it being frustrating if he keeps aoe dispel and you dont have those.
Ended up forgoing wall for the first phase of the fight in lieu of Agrias, who I probably should have kept all along I suppose.

Of course, the stupid thing only cast the Dispel once in the battle and it was on the third turn, so RNG gonna RNG. :/

Kain

I had to go full bitch again: two magic blinks and two Sheepsongs, one support and Cid dpsing. It took a while but it worked, try it if you have the tools.

In the end I had no more hones and had to normal attack some, but at least I was not dying all the time to its aoe...

100 gems got me that weird sazh ssb and allowed me to combine my Vegas. These bonus battles were very easy even without an attack sb, fang with her dragoon skills and lightning with full charge killed the cid mission.

The ++. Ran back row tyro with draw fire feeding his bsb blink and used three mages to hit with r3 chain blizzaga, r3 flare, r4 blizaja, r2 chain stonega r3 Bahamut and r5 valefor. Sheepsong rw. Rosa with her ssb magic blink. Used every bit of those hones. I have a mage thrower and two rs rods so I have great mag synergy.

Wazzy

Banned
I did 100 gem and got Sarah's glove lol

Also GRATZ Hours! That's a fantastic 100 gem pull to get. :D I kind of was tempted to try for some XIII gear but I was able to finish all the fights no problem. Atlas isn't horrible but I lost around 30% and it's mainly because I'll need to swap someone out.

Falk

that puzzling face
There was this nagging voice in my mind telling me that Shadowbind was a bad idea for Omega Weapon.

When it actually procced stop which overwrote my actual Stops and proceeded to last all of 0.001 seconds, I remembered why.

I did 100 gem and got Sarah's glove lol

Also GRATZ Hours! That's a fantastic 100 gem pull to get. :D I kind of was tempted to try for some XIII gear but I was able to finish all the fights no problem. Atlas isn't horrible but I lost around 30% and it's mainly because I'll need to swap someone out.
Thank you! ❤️ Congrats to you too!

My XIII gear is pretty strong now but I'm still gonna pull on the next FFXIII banner. 😆 Gotta try for Snow's BSB.

Didn't play for 3 months and I got Serah's BSB bow as my 100 gem. Not bad at all. Good to see the 5* guarantee on 11 draws being implemented. I remember it being a hot topic. Though I was surprised with the increase of cost for the lucky draw.

Didn't play for 3 months and I got Serah's BSB bow as my 100 gem. Not bad at all. Good to see the 5* guarantee on 11 draws being implemented. I remember it being a hot topic. Though I was surprised with the increase of cost for the lucky draw.
Nightmare banners aren't Lucky Draws anymore. One time 25 Mythril banners still exist, they just have different themes now.

Dragner

Indomitable Blade makes the Necrophobe fight trivial but you have to uber gear Celes since she doesnt have synergy.

The fight is probably worst than most U++ battles otherwise. Hits like a truck and the mechanics are super annoying. Seriously DeNA fuck this fight.

They messed up something with the nightmare dungeon. Borrowed screenshot:
HBqc0IDl.png

What is the difficulty and how many rounds?
That many trash mobs would be true nightmare fuel...or RM farming heaven

Thanksgiving Bonus Mythril coming soon. 50 Mythril for everyone, spread over 10 days.
I was curious if I would have enough to pull on every banner for the next fest, but this easily closes that gap.

I still think I might be more selective this time, just to build up another buffer.

Kain

Jenova death is the stupidest game on this game since forever. 5 S/L and half the party was dead before I could put the defenses up, good job on this bullshit DeNa.

Anustart

OH MAMA. I need that banner.

Did another 1 pull on 13 banner since my synergy sucks there. Got Serah's glove with that one. Decent side effect on that one.

Do the FFIII event and that lucky draw overlap? Might be an idea to hold back on pulling for OK although assuming you only get one relic (thanks G5) it is like 1/46 of getting that in the BSSB lucky banner and 1/13? (I don't remember the odds) on the III banner.

Oh who I kidding, I'm braced for another one of these:
4452d5ef-4b2f-3b50-bff8-9c7a62dc4cc3.png

Plus it will be only one so I can't make it like an 8* super gun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom