• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad Boys banner (two 3x pulls):
Galuf's glove
Garland's armor

Lucky Banner:
Sephiroth's BSB
Rinoa's BSB
Squall's Cutting Trigger SSB

Size Matters Not banner (one 11x pull):
Rydia's SSB

I'm pretty happy with that! Still tempted to do another pull on the Size Matters Not banner to chase Sheepsong. Somebody talk me out of it since I already have Edward's magic shout for mage meta.

MicH

Decided to do a 3-pull on the Bad Boy banner and got lucky:

XOsQp6Bl.jpg

Really awesome

Kenai

I'm pretty happy with that! Still tempted to do another pull on the Size Matters Not banner to chase Sheepsong. Somebody talk me out of it since I already have Edward's magic shout for mage meta.

Onion Knight banner is soon and that BSSB of his is going to be as hot (and even more viable on more teams) than Shout or Sheepsong. OSB is before the end of the year too, Sheepsong could easily make an appearance there (plus all of the OSBs and BSSBs). Sheepsong is great though, i can understand the temptation.

Onion Knight banner is soon and that BSSB of his is going to be as hot (and even more viable on more teams) than Shout or Sheepsong. OSB is before the end of the year too, Sheepsong could easily make an appearance there (plus all of the OSBs and BSSBs). Sheepsong is great though, i can understand the temptation.

Good call, thanks for that. I definitely should save for the OSBs. Still haven't decided if I want to chase Onion Knight. I already spend too much time (and occasionally, money), on this game, and I feel like I should just concentrate on the characters I have instead of a new one I need to pour resources into. Even if he does become really good.

MrDaravon

Got Eiko's Fairy Flute from a 100-gem pull on the Size Matters Not banner; my first FF9 medica so I'll take it!

Edit: Catching up on the FF10 bonus battles and didn't even know about the Sharpshooter abilities. Are Saphire Shot/Hydroburst actually worth honing? I don't have any (native) water-imperil stuff or anything. I've pretty much only got enough Major Orbs allocated for the upcoming abilities Gaia Cross and the Chain Spellblades.

Hold on to that item. In the future, we get a Thief-5 ability that deals air damage with an increased multiplier if a dagger is equipped. It's about 12% more powerful than Saint Cross. Air Knife is perfect for that, along with Thancred's dagger. Plus, Bartz can use both Snowspell Strike and Tornado Strike, which can take advantage of that +Air damage.

Anustart

It's actually a great item because of +element damage, which is actually quite rare. Upside down poker face has multilayered meaning

edit: beaten.

Guess I shouldn't be so upset. Wasn't so long ago I wouldn't have dared tried a 160 dif. Now I'm toppling every 180. I'M KING OF THE WORLD

Wazzy

Banned
I pulled on the realm dungeon banner and saw three rainbow.

Fusion Sword, Masamune and Brave Blade for Bartz. No VIII items sadly :( but I'm still saving for OSB banner so it's no big deal.

Razmos

New ability class in JP, for the purpose of the new chaining SB's: Witch

Basically black magic that hits many times or has a reduced cast time, like Fast Blizzard which has a reduced cast time and hits twice, and Hell Blizzard, which hits 6 times

New ability class in JP, for the purpose of the new chaining SB's: Witch

Basically black magic that hits many times or has a reduced cast time, like Fast Blizzard which has a reduced cast time and hits twice, and Hell Blizzard, which hits 6 times
Hopefully with a focus on characters with limited skill pools like Lulu, Edea, Vivi, Matoya, Palom, etc.

Close.. but it is female only (with the exception of Tyro) so Vivi won't be getting it
No Palom then either. (Which really sucks for both of them.)

Gender restricted skill sets are interesting but I hope they are balanced in their implementation of them. A cool male only skill set would be neat too. Not to mention something for others like Quina. I think added distinctions like this make team building more fun but only when they don't hobble large groups of characters for the sake of uniqueness.

Double post for Witch skillset info:

5★ Witch access:

Matoya
Cloud of Darkness
Rinoa
Edea
Lulu
Shantotto
Tyro

4★ Witch access:

Maria
Rydia
Krile
Terra
Ashe
Serah
Reynn

Witch abilities

Fast Blizzard - 2xST Ice magic dmg + self Quickcast Magic 1
Fast Thunder - 2xST Lightning magic dmg + self Quickcast Magic 1
Flux Blizzard - 6xST Ice magic dmg with long cast time
Hell Thunder - 6xST Lightning magic dmg with long cast time

Source

Pretty cool stuff IMO. Really happy that Lulu is getting another set of skills to work with, and the Chain Soul Breaks look to be really interesting. (You can read more about those too at the source.)

I wish Serah and Maria got 5* Witch, but the Quickcast the comes with the 4* skills is quite appealing.

Falk

that puzzling face
You're telling me Air knife is good? I got that item a long time ago in a random lucky draw lol

You should keep all +element items.

Stat softcap and buff stack softcap means past a certain point (esp in realm synergy) the 20% modifier outweighs a shit ton of stat.

I pulled Rinoa's Dress and Sephiroth's Masamune. Both pretty blah for me. Girlfriend got Greg's BSB, so that was cool.

I'm really torn on who to break out with MC3s right now. With all of these new people added, I just don't know who to put the effort into. Hell, I'm still trying to get through all of these events because I don't have a ton of time to play as is, let alone grind people up to 99.

Kenai

I pulled Rinoa's Dress and Sephiroth's Masamune. Both pretty blah for me. Girlfriend got Greg's BSB, so that was cool.

I'm really torn on who to break out with MC3s right now. With all of these new people added, I just don't know who to put the effort into. Hell, I'm still trying to get through all of these events because I don't have a ton of time to play as is, let alone grind people up to 99.

In times like that, I always just level up your favorite characters from your favorite FF games (that you have the swagginest SBs for of course)

Hold on to that item. In the future, we get a Thief-5 ability that deals air damage with an increased multiplier if a dagger is equipped. It's about 12% more powerful than Saint Cross. Air Knife is perfect for that, along with Thancred's dagger. Plus, Bartz can use both Snowspell Strike and Tornado Strike, which can take advantage of that +Air damage.

This does seem like a banworthy post....

I pulled a second power rod for Lenna which is great with synergy and the outside headband which is nice in a pinch. Kind of a bummer frankly

I hate this fucking game sometimes... I finally get a 5* on a 100 gems during a fest... The stupid Magic Comb that I already have, not helping my VII synergy at all beside for non-CM mission if I bring Red and Tyro (won't happen). What's the stupid idea with weapons that only 1 or 2 characters can use... I am pissed off! Thanks for listening...

Anustart

omega is cooking me.

Stop is a bullshit medal requirement. it lasts 5 seconds tops. banishing strike cant hit because blinded so cant keep casting stop either.

Be perfect if i could use 6 characters.

c-murph

Killed Omega first try. Wasn't too bad. Lighting and Tyro tore him apart. Loss three medals for Damage and turns but still got the Mastery.

Lol Stop + Ashe's BSB (Dusk's Decree) completely trivialises the fight.

Edea with her SB Inaugural Parade + Memento Mori + Ashe's BSB was doing 9999x4 and Rinoa 8900x4 and Selphie + Yshtola casting Stop every turn.

Killed Omega on my first try, no damage taken.

Kain

Yep, easiest fight ever lol

I brought

Tyro: Multibreak, BSSB (didn't even use it lal)
Lenna: Halting rumba R3 (key of the fight here) and MND stacked
Braska: doesn't matter, just stack MAG
Rydia: doesn't matter, just stack MAG
Krile: Sheepsong, Stop, stack MND (not mandatory but just in case)

RW Ashe's BSSB

Basically the fight was: Halting Rumba, Multibreak, Sheepsong, Braska RW, Rydia RW then spam the first command with the two mages, cast HR every turn and that's it. Done in 5 turns (I counted five casts of HR).

Wow, yeah, that worked. Still so much RNG though. :/

I had 3 people throwing stop out the whole time (Tyro with Halting Rumba and Full breakdown dance) and gave my stoppers rms that gave them haste to start. Technically it's still rng but you'd have to have Falk levels of rng to need more then 2-3 good attempts assuming you don't get hosed before you can take an action.

Been a couple of months since I played last. LOADED it up and had about 80 mythril. Decided what the hell and did an 11 pull on the Heart of the Beast relic draw. Got a Magic Pin, Excalibur and The Ogre. Also my 10th mesmerize blade =P. Left satisfied.

Kain

Did a pull because my XIII synergy is shit and I got Cid's and Snow's SSB. Expected worse, actually. Cid's one is of course worse than his BSSB but still looks like a cool SSB with all the buffs and the Dark zone synergy.

Now to rack up mythril for OK, I think I'll get to 50 easily, I'm at 29 now after this pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom