• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

AfLAsTZ.png

Oh shit. If it has Luneth's and OK's Burst...

You guys don't get too excited for a leaked banner without seeing the fine print. It's a Black Friday deal after all. Yeah the first 500 people to pull will get a guaranteed BSSB, but after that everyone will be left with discounts on Danjuros and Buster Swords.

Tidd

You guys don't get too excited for a leaked banner without seeing the fine print. It's a Black Friday deal after all. Yeah the first 500 people to pull will get a guaranteed BSSB, but after that everyone will be left with discounts on Danjuros and Buster Swords.

This is not Kingdom Hearts Unchained x.

I still don't understand how someone can invest that much into a gacha game. Mysteries of life.
As someone with (sometimes) a little too much disposable income, I can understand it in general, just not for THAT game, the only redeeming quality it has is the franchise it's attached to.

I honed Full Charge to x6 and boy, was that a waste; easy come, easy go, I guess.

I thought everyone was 'wow this is the fairest gacha ever' when Global KHUX launched.
Hmm, was that really the sentiment? Sreu, the early game was rather breezy but there was no real gauge on the gacha up front. Even if it was, it QUICKLY fell apart as the game became more and more hostile towards its players.

Ok took out necrophobe with mastery. Dps was pencil and Ramza with their Bsbs. I egged both to 99. Sazh with breakdowns, tyro with sentinel and his bsb, rosa with her ssb magic blink. The key was for me to only focus on two of the barriers and not lose track of what I was doing. Magic lure and saints cross on pencil meant he fired off his bsb quite a few times. The savior was tyros bsb magic blink getting fired off right when we hit the third phase, which meant that as long as necro hit different targets for a few rounds, I'd be ok and sure enough three swings and misses. I used a shout rw but also needed a shout from Ramza as well. I used sazh major regen ssb once or twice but he wasn't that useful he barrier phase. Pain in the ass, this battle was, glad it's over.

Razmos

Fairest would be Mobius no?

The only gatcha games I've played are ones attached to SquareEnix's name.
Mobius is ridiculously fair. I love it. The first premium job hits next week, and I'm safe in the knowledge that I have a 1-in-7 chance of getting it due to the fact you can't get dupe jobs and I only have 6 more jobs to pull (with the Tidus job being the 7th)

Saved up enough for 4 pulls too, which is a damn good chance. Every pull I do makes future pulls better if I don't get what I want

Falk

that puzzling face
Mobius global feels like the team took a really long hard look at western gaming trends. I think it's a really great effort in cutting out the most egregious possibilities/streaks w.r.t. RNG.

I wish they'd use the 2D version of FFIV (SNES preferably, but PSP would be okay too) for the background of the events. The DS version has no nostalgic value for me.

I wish they'd use the 2D version of FFIV (SNES preferably, but PSP would be okay too) for the background of the events. The 3DS version has no nostalgic value for me.

I'd rather the ds version of FFIV then the ios version of FFV and FFVI which are far more egregious. I'd argue the ds remake of FFIV is the defintive version of the game.

I'd rather the ds version of FFIV then the ios version of FFV and FFVI which are far more egregious. I'd argue the ds remake of FFIV is the defintive version of the game.
They don't use the mobile version of VI, it's the SNES version. (I agree about V though, the SNES sprites are far superior.)

For FFIV DS, I appreciate the remake on it's own merits, but it does not feel like the quintessential FFIV to me. Also, the whole aesthetic conceit of this game is leveraging nostalgia, so it seems odd to see the DS version of IV being used for event graphics. (I'd say the same for III as well, but unfortunately we never got a 2D version of it in the west, so I understand that decision.)

At least the 2D PSP games make the effort to retain the retro look of the series, and I think they mostly pull it off, so I'm fine with them using it for I & II.

Kain

I believe FFIV in PSP is the definitive version of IV. IV DS is another thing completely, too many systems are different and the whole experience is another beast. It's a great game on its own, mind you, I like it a lot, obtuse augment system and huge difficulty spikes and all. The graphics I don't like so much, though, so I agree they should use the PSP version ones.

Just don't play After years. I repeat: don't you ever play After years. Can you imagine they introduce chars or events from that fanfic turd? The barrel is pretty much scrapped by now anyway, but you never know...

I believe FFIV in PSP is the definitive version of IV. IV DS is another thing completely, too many systems are different and the whole experience is another beast. It's a great game on its own, mind you, I like it a lot, obtuse augment system and huge difficulty spikes and all. The graphics I don't like so much, though, so I agree they should use the PSP version ones.

Just don't play After years. I repeat: don't you ever play After years. Can you imagine they introduce chars or events from that fanfic turd? The barrel is pretty much scrapped by now anyway, but you never know...
I agree about the PSP version IV. While I give a slight edge to the graphics of the SNES version, the PSP version takes the rest of the best elements of the various versions and presents them in the most complete and competent package. The 2D PSP graphic style has it's own charm too, and I'd be more than happy to see III, V and VI done in the same vein.

As for The After Years, I don't think anyone would deny that the story totally falls apart as it goes along (despite an interesting concept of multiple viewpoints, and a fairly promising beginning portion) but I don't think the new characters are to blame for that. I don't take issue with any of the new party members, and some of them have pretty cool designs, it's rather they're given almost nothing to do besides act as extra tag-alongs while the story devolves into "let's go to this new moon and fight 18 thousand cameo bosses" and "lol aliens".

I think TAY has some nice aspects too. The Band attacks are fun. Almost all of the updated character designs are excellent. (Except for Luca...) There's some neat bits of fanservice, particularly in seeing how original FFIV characters have changed. And as I said before, the idea of multiple viewpoints, and the basis of the new cast had promise. I think seeing TAY characters in RK is inevitable, and I would welcome them, because I think they deserve a chance to live on past the poor execution of TAY. The various storylines of the FFs are never really the focus on RK anyway, it's about collecting characters and relics, and putting together fun parties for tackling challenging battles with flashy attacks.

DS is the superior IV experience and the only one worth playing if you're new to the game, the psp version is the best version of the inferior version of the game if you're curious in a dated snes era rpg.

DS is the superior IV experience and the only one worth playing if you're new to the game, the psp version is the best version of the inferior version of the game if you're curious in a dated snes era rpg.
Alternatively, I'd never suggest anyone start with the DS version. I think it's best function is as a new way to experience IV for those that have already played some form of the original 2D iteration.

It did provide my favorite piece of Final Fantasy promo art though.

C2c3Knk.jpg

Alternatively, I'd never suggest anyone start with the 3DS version. I think it's best function is as a new way to experience IV for those that have already played some form of the original 2D iteration.

C2c3Knk.jpg

I wish FF IV DS had been made for 3DS in mind the improved graphics would even further shut down the argument :p

I always refer to it as the 3DS version lately, I don't know why. I keep forgetting how old it actually is.

If they wanna make an FFIV remake that looks like the promo art I posted above though, sign me up.

Alternatively, I'd never suggest anyone start with the DS version. I think it's best function is as a new way to experience IV for those that have already played some form of the original 2D iteration.

C2c3Knk.jpg

It's the only good version of the game though

Unpopular opinion but I really dislike FFIV. Difficulty is bananas, story is melodramatic, and everyone worships DK Cecil but he's only in the game for like 5 minutes? It's like how weebs worship Sephiroth but never have played FF7.

Unpopular opinion but I really dislike FFIV. Difficulty is bananas, story is melodramatic, and everyone worships DK Cecil but he's only in the game for like 5 minutes? It's like how weebs worship Sephiroth but never have played FF7.

In the snes version people like his deal some damage to himself to hit everyone move. The ds version the stat buff darkness gives can be augmented to another character even paladin cecil.

In the snes version people like his deal some damage to himself to hit everyone move. The ds version the stat buff darkness gives can be augmented to another character even paladin cecil.

Alas for the dumbed down FFII that we got here stateside. Playing the fan translated version via emulator in the late 90s in college was eye opening. sigh.

I was very upset that the ios version is a DS port and not the PSP port, not that that prevented me from buying the game for the zillionth time.

All of the relics on this FFIV banner sound pretty good and Kain is my favorite character from my favorite FF, but I think I still need to save up for this guaranteed BSSB next weekish. Plus I already have Kain's SSB so getting his BSSB while an improvement isn't as needed as other characters/realms.

All of the relics on this FFIV banner sound pretty good and Kain is my favorite character from my favorite FF, but I think I still need to save up for this guaranteed BSSB next weekish. Plus I already have Kain's SSB so getting his BSSB while an improvement isn't as needed as other characters/realms.
AFAIK, the Guaranteed BSB Black Friday banner is a 1/2 priced, one draw only type banner. We are getting 5 Mythril a day for 10 days soon too. If that starts on Monday then it will fund the BF pull + give 25 extra Mythril afterwards
(It will probably start on Thanksgiving itself, so 15 Mythril in the bank would be needed for the BF banner)

Either way, I'm waiting until that banner shows up before pulling on Kain 1 or Onion Knight 1. After I see what I got, then I'll decide where to spend my remaining Mythril (I should be able to do two 11-pulls after the BF pull).

these iv banners are really good, I'm trying to be strong, it is hard! I've been sick at home all day and the itch to pull is there and not wait for the bsb lucky pull and the III banner.

enlightning bsb
enearth bsb
imperil earth ssb
and the others have interseting buffs (I only have the dream harp in this one)

imperil holy
en-holy
magic blink
physical blink

edit: with these new abilities, I've begun dumping my 3* aga spells, starting with the ones with a chain analogue
I have Pecil's bsb and a + Rosa artermis bow, both of which I wouldn't mind getting a second or third copy of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom