• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we getting a lucky draw for Black Friday? The link several posts up gives a page not found message. I was so bored that I got P.Cecil, D.Cecil, Rydia and Fusoya's RM that requires FF IV dungeons. It took hours. My god. That rng sucked so bad.

I already horded 200+ mythrils for the Onion Knight banner. Planning to do two pulls max unless I get lucky and get his BSB on the first try, but I ain't that lucky.
Only got four story realms left. That mythril well is drying up quick and already at 167 stamina.

Falk

that puzzling face
This is me pulling out of my ass with no empirical evidence to back it up, but I've felt (recently, around the time we got MC3) like the chances of getting an RM to drop also scale with the stamina cost of the stage.

c-murph

I already horded 200+ mythrils for the Onion Knight banner. Planning to do two pulls max unless I get lucky and get his BSB on the first try, but I ain't that lucky.
Only got four story realms left. That mythril well is drying up quick and already at 167 stamina.

You and me both. Gunna do as many pulls as it takes. Need those Onion Knight BSB &
Onion Knight SSB to go with my Ramza and Tyro.

Razmos

oDrDGDn.png
Holy shit this slayed me, bwaha

Razmos

In all seriousness though, I played Final fantasy 4 because of Record Keeper, and I hated it. Terrible game with terrible characters and a terrible plot. Really just an unfun experience.

The constant revolving door of characters meant there was no chance to actually get to like any of them, and the ones you do spend most of the time with were awful, both in gameplay and character.

Drop rates for items were ridiculous, levelling took forever (and was pointless due to the aforementioned revolving door of characters), combat was slow and tedious and the story was literal shitty fanfiction.

The only things I like FF4 related are the Cecil BSB I have in Record Keeper and the Dark Knight Cecil I pulled today in Brave Exvius

In all seriousness though, I played Final fantasy 4 because of Record Keeper, and I hated it. Terrible game with terrible characters and a terrible plot. Really just an unfun experience.

The constant revolving door of characters meant there was no chance to actually get to like any of them, and the ones you do spend most of the time with were awful, both in gameplay and character.

Drop rates for items were ridiculous, levelling took forever (and was pointless due to the aforementioned revolving door of characters), combat was slow and tedious and the story was literal shitty fanfiction.

I need you to play the after years if you thought ff4's plot was fan fiction.

This is your brain on Final Fantasy VII.

Xetherion

This is your brain on Final Fantasy VII.

No, it isn't. I played both, loved both. FFIV simply has not aged well, and though I disagree with most of Razmos' complaints, i can understand some people finding them valid. Also the most important point, the combat being slow and tedious, I do agree with. It's the reason i can never finish FFIV anymore when i try to re-play it.

MrDaravon

This is me pulling out of my ass with no empirical evidence to back it up, but I've felt (recently, around the time we got MC3) like the chances of getting an RM to drop also scale with the stamina cost of the stage.

I've been saying this forever. Obviously this is anecdotal to the max, but I get RM's like candy on the daily 30 stamina stages, but when I grind out say Mist Cave 2(?) stamina dungeons I can burn through all of my stamina multiple times before getting any. I mean it kind of makes sense I suppose, but that could just be my luck, RNG something something.

Kaiterra

Banned

I was trying to get Luneth's RM2 last week and running Underground Waterway 2 like 50 times got me no RMs at all for a whole party of characters that had them to drop. Then I took Luneth into the EXP Daily and his RM2 dropped on the second part.

WarAdept

R3 both Sapphire Shot (last Tidus event) and Lightning Dive (Current Kain event). I absolutely adore Sapphire Shot. Ranged, water option, looks cool, quick animation and has a very strong potency. Been using Wol a lot lately with it. Lightning Dive is cool as well, but the animation is nowhere near as explosive as Dragon Dive. Still, my Dragoons can finally dual 5* skills (because Blood of the Wyvern is pure trash with air time manipulation).

Titan gets left in the dust because as soon as Tiamat comes out, it and Bahamut are going to R4 instantly. First 5* ability since Chain Bliz that I haven't brought to R3.

5yINhxY.jpg
e58XvdR.jpg

Also I'm so late to the Omega party. Could've cheesed it with Ashe RW, but I wanted to see how well I'd do. Finally got to use Thor's Hammer in an optimal setting (along with Kaiser Shield, go Luneth!)

ew9YIKn.jpg

Took a way to long break from this game. Now we got super soul breaks and over breaks finally in the English version... Might have to start logging in again. Super Gundam Royal took my gatcha game time for a few months.

Xetherion

Finally did the 13 event ults, still can't do with a 13 team but steam rolled with my A team. Gilgamesh bssb made the ult ++ a joke

Don't know how it made the ult++ a joke. I had a tauntaliator and 2 mblink users (Beatrix and Rosa), and I still barely managed to clear it, no mastery. That damn aoe Dispel is a major pain, even with 2 mblinks i couldn't avoid it, the fucker always cleared my mblink with his Roar move first then did Crushing Grasp while I was casting my next mblink. I hate that SB's have such long cast times -_-

Don't know how it made the ult++ a joke. I had a tauntaliator and 2 mblink users (Beatrix and Rosa), and I still barely managed to clear it, no mastery. That damn aoe Dispel is a major pain, even with 2 mblinks i couldn't avoid it, the fucker always cleared my mblink with his Roar move first then did Crushing Grasp while I was casting my next mblink. I hate that SB's have such long cast times -_-

Did he have an aoe dispel he never once used it on me

Adeptrain

So who is going to be trying out the Multiplayer beta? It seems the stamina cost and rewards have been set to the minimum, but I still want to try. I'll be running it with my Ramza Yshtola team :) Anyone else?

Razmos

After reading the FFXV spoiler thread I'm kinda excited about FFXV in this game. Lots of characters they could use.
Noctis, Gladiolus, Ignis, Prompto, Luna,
Cor, Iris, Aranea, Gentiana, Cidney, Ardyn
(minor character name spoilers)

Falk

that puzzling face
Going off the precedent with FFX and precursor hero parties I'm sure we'd get Cid/Clarus/Regis/Weskham at some point too.

Dragner

Well wont be able to do this event CM, its totally biased toward mage teams and have 0 mage weapons for IV and no burst or other helpful thing for IV other than Kain SSB so normal team it was and Im not planing on over honing mage skills or summons just for 2 lightning orbs.

WarAdept

Major catchup.

XIII Noel CM U+

Raines ruins an otherwise back row physical party, but it was a standard tank and spank. Wish my Vanille had a medica though.

IWa4j5e.jpg

XIII Noel U++

Atlas was of no problem to me, wasn't in any real danger at any point. It's also where I learnt that I have a good amount of extra sources of Ice damage.

DjbOAbz.jpg

IV Kain CM U+

Double healer is what allowed me to survive the AoE onslaught here. On another note, looks like I'll be brining Dragoons a lot more from now on. Double Dragon/Lightning Dive is fantastic.

yVzXc8T.jpg

IV Kain U++

3 more skills to replace until a fully functional 5* ability set up. Oh there's a boss somewhere in here.

T6Oxubx.jpg

Well wont be able to do this event CM, its totally biased toward mage teams and have 0 mage weapons for IV and no burst or other helpful thing for IV other than Kain SSB so normal team it was and Im not planing on over honing mage skills or summons just for 2 lightning orbs.

You have kains ssb and a free lightning dive. Have you tried a team built around those skills?

Dragner

You have kains ssb and a free lightning dive. Have you tried a team built around those skills?

Yeah I tried, but I dont have any more damage, my other stat sticks are swords and an harp so I cant do a lot more with the IV chars, I can bring Pecil but he wont do much without SBs, my mages dont have weapons so my summons did crap damage and yeah Kain delivered but he run eventually out of hones and died. Also I dont have medica for IV so its about lacking everything. And I dont want to pull because I would master another type of CM easily but this is bad for what I have.

I wasn't planning on pulling on this FFIV event, but the my synergy for this realm is pretty poor (I was trying to scrape by until the next FFIV event came round), but I decided to do a three pull because the CM was proving to be quite tedious and I ended up with Tellah's Bomb Core.

This relic is pretty legit. I think a lot of people might scoff at it, but the Doom debuff is practically meaningless, and the benefits are awesome. Made the CM a snap.

Kain

The guides were not kidding, the U++ can be cheesed with full aoe. I stacked Celes' BSSB (RW) with Sheepsong and went ham with the summons and Cecil's BSSB. No healing but had to S/L once

I wonder if now is the time to finally craft Bahamut?

I also need to do something with all of these Rosetta Stones; I was hoping to get a solid dagger to use them on for utility but now I'm thinking to dump some on my best MAG weapon. Or I could just max out another burst sword (already 20/20ed 1st Fusion Sword).

The guides were not kidding, the U++ can be cheesed with full aoe. I stacked Celes' BSSB (RW) with Sheepsong and went ham with the summons and Cecil's BSSB. No healing but had to S/L once

Super easy, I went with a full IV team, since I have song of swiftness with Edward and two + lightning mag weapons. Easy.

I'm unsure of how deep to pull for Onion Knight's BSB this week. I already have Tyro w/ Sentinel Grimoire acting as my chief support character. I have Ramza w/ Shout and Tailwind too but I never even use him. I don't know if I would ever actually use Onion Knight even if I got his relic or if he would just sit on the bench with Ramza.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you don't have the lightning based BSSBs, is it possible to win the U++ fight before the dolls combine? I don't know how it's possible if you're like me an have to waste two character slots on debuffs and healing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No faithga, no summons... rip.

Is the battle doable if they boss combines? The way the reddit post talks about it, it's like you fail at the game if you can't do enough AoE damage.

Balphon

If you don't have the lightning based BSSBs, is it possible to win the U++ fight before the dolls combine? I don't know how it's possible if you're like me an have to waste two character slots on debuffs and healing.

I did it just fine.

Most of my damage was Swift Bolt and Ixion.

WarAdept

No faithga, no summons... rip.

Is the battle doable if they boss combines? The way the reddit post talks about it, it's like you fail at the game if you can't do enough AoE damage.

My last post has me using Shout meta and basically single DPSing the physical weak ones. The magic weak ones combined in the end and I finished it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom