• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedan001

Wondering what 2 characters would be best fit for random parties in raids, hmm

Mastered SB's don't work in raids, eh? Razma only has Focus as SB but I mastered his BSB, SSB and the AoE cure SB

Razmos

Lol, tried the highest difficulty of the scorpion boss, literally everyone used SSB's or BSB's on the first turn. We got up shout, stoneskin, keepers tome, an Eiko BSB, a Rydia SSB, a Vaan SSB, and more.

By the time the enemy got to attack they were doing only about 50 damage lol.

You have to equip your mastered soul breaks manually the first time I think, I had to manually equip Shout and Tailwind on Ramza, but didn't have to equip Stoneskin on Y'Shtola because she had her staff equipped.

thedan001

Lol, tried the highest difficulty of the scorpion boss, literally everyone used SSB's or BSB's on the first turn. We got up shout, stoneskin, keepers tome, an Eiko BSB, a Rydia SSB, a Vaan SSB, and more.

By the time the enemy got to attack they were doing only about 50 damage lol.

You have to equip your mastered soul breaks manually the first time I think, I had to manually equip Shout and Tailwind on Ramza, but didn't have to equip Stoneskin on Y'Shtola because she had her staff equipped.

You're right, got it fixed. Thanks

thedan001

I already mastered all MP battles, protip: do yourself a favor and save time with Graffias and solo difficulty 25 and 50, he's dead with 1-2 SB, party is a waste of time.

I'm up to partying with gaffers if there's one, I've been bringing full support breakdowns

Mastered all the MP battles.

Like thedan001 said, if any gaffers need some help, just let me know. I'll watch the topic for a bit. (I've got Shout, SG, Dreamstage, Ark Blast, etc.)

thedan001

Also, I am now reminded why some people can't beat certain content despite having excellent relics.

They have no idea what they're doing. :eek:

It's FFXIV all over again!

EDIT: A bug I encountered was during party lobby room, I noticed there was only 1 healer so I switched Tyro into Eiko and pressed confirm, however, Eiko doesn;t show up in lobby room, and Tyro still stays. Then going into battle, it was actually Eiko but she was naked and no ability because I didn't gear her up thinking the game was gonna throw me in with Tyro @.@;

Sorry for that team, Eiko died in 1 hit from Ult+ 160 Ifrit, still won with 3 ppl dead lol

Posted this to give others a heads up

EDIT: A bug I encountered was during party lobby room, I noticed there was only 1 healer so I switched Tyro into Eiko and pressed confirm, however, Eiko doesn;t show up in lobby room, and Tyro still stays. Then going into battle, it was actually Eiko but she was naked and no ability because I didn't gear her up thinking the game was gonna throw me in with Tyro @.@;

Sorry for that team, Eiko died in 1 hit from Ult+ 160 Ifrit, still won with 3 ppl dead lol

Yeah, the set up screen lags behind sometime.

Whatever you choose will be what you go with into battle though, even if the screen shows otherwise.

Exact same thing happened to me. I was wishing for my Ramza to die quickly so I would not look like someone who decided that a normal attack was the best thing to do to start a Ultimate. We still got mastery, my Eiko and her BSB were great!

thedan001

4 DPS, 2 support, 2 healers seems a good balance for MP

Ult+ Ifrit with 1 DPS, 1 tank, 3 healers, 3 support made the battle last like 30 mins haha

HP's never dropped below 3/4 which wasn't bad but it was taking a while

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh I just had horrible XIV flashbacks of people not destroying the nails.

Multiplayer is pretty fun but RK has been crashing a lot more frequently for me so I'll have to be careful while doing it. Ultimate is super easy if others would focus on killing the nail so we get the mastery lol

WarAdept

Ugh I just had horrible XIV flashbacks of people not destroying the nails.

Multiplayer is pretty fun but RK has been crashing a lot more frequently for me so I'll have to be careful while doing it. Ultimate is super easy if others would focus on killing the nail so we get the mastery lol

Sounds like every MMO I've played. People that don't know how to do their job.

MP Ult+ Ifrit was crazy when it got low on HP. He kept hitting us all constantly with AoE Interupt attacks/counters. Still got an easy mastery because of super buff/debuffing, but wow.

When we get meaningful MP battles, I could see having some fun with GAF Raids. :D

ZangBa

I've been trying out some gimmicks on U+ Ifirt, MP is pretty fun. Paladin Cecil is a damn God, taking double digit damage from attacks is hilarious.

thedan001

One surefire way to bypass the nail with a poor teamwork party is to bring aoe blink, it works on Ifrit's inferno, just need to time at using it right before Ifrit uses it if nail isn't destroyed

The more we know!

Kaiterra

Banned
I was introduced to Tweetmashup.com and had some fun tonight getting it to mash up @FFRK_Official and @POTUS tweets:
- Discord and Harmony (Cosmos) underway! Join them and #GetCovered on Nov 1
- High Summoner's Robe (X) for Braska: Temporarily reduce $ in politics
- It's pretty simple: find a way to keep key members Haste…
- Ruby Dragon (Ultimate +)'s Reflect makes America great.
- Expanded pell grants, capped loan repayments at 10% income, but he always absorbs water!
- Fall Mythril Giveaway! we're leading the campaign to degrade and destroy ISIL.

Pejo

aw maaaan. I had the FF13 U+ down to like ~5000 hp and hit the wrong fucking button on Jecht, causing him to do the 2 hit burst mode attack instead of the 4 hit that would have finished the fight. Feel like an asshole right now.

Kain

Man, can't wait to rage with the randoms lol

I'm pretty sure most people are running Cloud/Tidus' OSB and Vaan's BSSB. I'll test and confirm later xD

I don't know if I'll like the feature, but at least I'll try to go with Tyro and P Cecil for their BSSBs.

Dragner

Well I run Cloud OSB and the leader run Vaan BSSB xD on my only try so far.

We rush it without killing the nail because we had pretty good mitigation, i can see it being hard with a less prepared party. The targetting dont working half of the time wont help.

Kain

btw, speaking of Ramza, and Shout and stuff, FFT is on sale on the Play store. I have the PSP version but I think I'll bite, it's 4 meager euros...

Well I run Cloud OSB and the leader run Vaan BSSB xD on my only try so far.

I had no doubts xD

This is the XIV version of Ifrit, right? With the spikes, the awesome music and all.

The number of people who don't know what they're doing is staggeringly high.

I got into a group for Ifrit U+ and somebody in there was a lv 50 Cloud with Thunder Strike (his only ability) and lv. 50 Keeper with two useless summons at one use each.

So many Ramzas, so many Keepers. Nobody ever wants to heal...

Dragner

Well, you cant really blame them. The character select interfase is pure garbage. Any time I get into a raid that has redudancy with my chars I preffer leave that dealing with that mess.

Negator

There will be a lot more healers in MP after kitty burst is released.

I went in a coordinated group with a lightning mage team and Ifrit was getting totally destroyed. It was amazing.

ZangBa

I just did one where everyone but my Cecil and another's Minwu died from the nail. We brought it down all the way together lol.

I can't believe I mastered Calca & Brina U++

Terra and Edea made it to the end spamming Ashe's BSB Dusk's decree, the rest, tyro (spamming swift bolt, no wall), selphie + dagger (healing at all times) all dead.

Finished the battle with 2 medals lost, 1 for damage 1 for KO characters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PSA: If you have any Record Materia you need to drop, the easiest stage of the new Multiplayer dungeons can be played solo for 0 stamina.

Grind away.

WarAdept

Guaranteed Tiny Bee banner. Everything else is up in the air.

I used it in MP. So trash.

After seeing how amazing Sky High is in MP, I'm seriously considering it. Especially since I already have Freya's EnWind and especially if I get Luneth's BSB in the following 24+ hrs.

PSA: If you have any Record Materia you need to drop, the easiest stage of the new Multiplayer dungeons can be played solo for 0 stamina.

Grind away.
But if the theory goes that probability is proportional to stamina cost then it will never drop (oh great I'm going to have to see if I have any RMs that can drop at random now :( )

Kenai

Multiplayer is pretty fun. I was using Beatrix (BSSB) and Faris (BSSB) but realized it'd be much safer and still pretty effective to switch out Faris for Yshtola and use SS from the get go. Putting Imperil Holy on means they'll both hit like trucks if I give Yshtola Diaga and if there's no one else healing/supporting I will just use Aetherial Pulse instead of SS.

Wish the rewards were slightly better but I guess anything decent wouldn't be too fair for 0 stamina.

thedan001

The only bad side to multiplayer is the join queue check times

4/5 times I try to join a party, its already full

I only see 5 parties max at a time too, I wonder if that's designed to limit server load times

Multiplayer is pretty impressive otherwise

I definitely see DeNA + SE throwing in most of FFXI and FFXIV into this game mode

Kenai

Haha. i am not joining any more parties vs high lvl Ifrit when my Yshtola is the only healer. Why yes we are going to die if I am the only Curaga/Protect/Shell/Wall and all of your "dps" are doing 3-4k a round. Authentic raiding experience, right here.

B.K.

I wish the free 50 Mythril for Thanksgiving would have already started before now. It would be nice to have them for Friday.

I have no interest in the OK banner. I have the worst luck with banenr pulls, and III is one of my least favorite FF games and the chances of me getting the OK relic are way too slim.

Still hoarding for the festival in December tbh.

Anustart

Yeah I'm not pulling on OK either. I have no need for mixed parties, and that seems to be the only thing his bssb is good for.

In other news, I did go ahead and kill nightmare necrophobe, I wanted that Affliction Break skill, which I now do have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom