• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lren

No matter the party I end up running, Kain has to be in it. The character attachment is just too strong. Just hope another FFIV event rolls around so I can get more chances at getting the Lancet SB, considering his regular jump does more damage than Double Jump at the moment.

ZangBa

Hope's event is the first I completely cleared, and with full mastery at that. If only there were more upgrade materials, I haven't even gotten started on combining all these 4*'s after using them all on 5*'s. :C

Wazzy

Banned
No matter the party I end up running, Kain has to be in it. The character attachment is just too strong. Just hope another FFIV event rolls around so I can get more chances at getting the Lancet SB, considering his regular jump does more damage than Double Jump at the moment.

I feel yah. I'm the same about Squall and Rinoa. Once Seifer arrives he also will have perm stay in my party.

Nohar

So, any side on when we will get the improved daily log in bonuses and end of month bonuses?

No idea. We are also still waiting for the rolling gacha.

Really, I just want the new UI here. If it allows me to play on my phone again, it would be great.

Czarcasm

I'm slowly falling further and further behind on the dungeons. I'll hopefully be finishing up the Update 7 dungeons tomorrow before the new event.

With my schedule, the little time we get between events, and needing to use all of Sunday to level up event relevant characters, It's difficult to keep up. I'm tempted to just use mythril to speed through the dungeons, at least on normal.

On a side note, does anyone else wish that they would do another EXP Festival (By which I mean the type with a high drop rate for exp eggs).

Razmos

Stamina refilled by mythril or gems can now go past your stamina cap in JP.

For example, you have a stamina cap of 140, and you use a mythril to refresh your stamina when you have 15 stamina left, you'll end up with 155 stamina.
PeSiuqo.png

Stamina refilled by mythril or gems can now go past your stamina cap in JP.

For example, you have a stamina cap of 140, and you use a mythril to refresh your stamina when you have 15 stamina left, you'll end up with 155 stamina.

Oh damn that's clutch will be a great addition for upcoming festivals

Ruinga is pretty awesome IMO! Once I get it honed one more level i'll probably drop Quake for it except for AOE heavy dungeons where i'll use both. No Meteor/Maduin here yet, and Valefor isn't really usable enough at R2 for me.

He seems the best of all the Dragoons. I'm levelling him at the moment actually (currently lv. 52) - he isn't bad just has a bit of a limited moveset. However after a boost from Sword Oath his Jump does about 6k damage which is decent enough. Agreed his default SB is awful though.

Nohar

Any Droid4x users here? Every so often the game suddenly runs at 60 FPS (whereas it runs slower most of the time). I have no idea how to reproduce that, and I would like to make it permanent. If you have any idea how to make this work, I'm interested.

I bought ruinga and protectga because y'all are so convincing. Hopefully I use them well!

Edit: Just how long does protectga last during a battle? The entirety?

I bought ruinga and protectga because y'all are so convincing. Hopefully I use them well!

Edit: Just how long does protectga last during a battle? The entirety?

I don't know the exact numbers but Protectga lasts a decent amount of time. You do need to refresh it if the battle goes long enough though.

Falk

that puzzling face
35s

For reference Breaks last for 15s.

A typical battle at current endgame lasts 60 secs without things going south in other ways. More if you're undergeared or running on fumes for abilities.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's kind of misleading, because the game 'pauses' that timer so often (whenever ATB stops)

A better/more useful ballpark gauge is going by turns - breaks (15s) last roughly 2 turns normally, or 3 turns with Boon or Lunatic High's AOE haste.

Speaking of the speed setting, there's a lot of other shenanigans with it because of how the game is coded. For example, when an enemy that's not the last enemy drops loot, ATB doesn't pause, so different speeds will charge the ATB gauge different amounts during that duration of the loot drop animation.

At speed 5 it's possible (and quite common) with Autoattack on, for an early character like Cloud to get a first attack, 1-shot a mob, fill his ATB up while the mob drops loot and then get a 2nd attack off before anyone else.

Also at speed 5 every time that happens you take 3 ticks of Sap (from Self-Sacrifice, etc) which is hilariously stupid.

Good information, thanks. Yeah I had noticed some malarkey with characters auto-attacking and re-attacking faster than anyone else but always thought that was influenced more by their Speed stat?

I typically lower the game speed to 2 or sometimes even 1 for harder content (to avoid me panicking lol) so was just curious - thinking it in turns makes it a little more reliable perhaps.

Falk

that puzzling face
I used to think that too since it ALWAYS happened with Tidus for me. But the actual mechanics is, Attack (barring modifiers like Wakka's RM changing the command to Aim) always takes the same amount of time to charge. If everyone starts charging at the same time (e.g. after the lootdrop and a bunch of people are at full ATB) the game decides who goes first by what I presume is character index, meaning earlier characters get priority.

In other words, all hail Cloud. (And Tyro)

Thinking about pound to r4 from r1. I have magic and power breakdown at r3 the other 2 at r2 and don't see other conflicts with greater non elementals. Maduin I'm holding off until I can take to r4 immediately.

Does yukikaze have the same multiplier as bladeblitz?

40 stamina into today's new + daily, and I've already gotten 4

4 regular wind orbs, across two battles...

Falk.jpg Falk.jpg Falk.jpg Falk.jpg Falk.jpg Falk.jpg
Falk.jpg Falk.jpg Falk.jpg Falk.jpg Falk.jpg Falk.jpg

Power of bitch on gaf is absolute, walking into the final battle I still only had 7/16 possible orb drops... And the last foe is a pot who drops a major ^o^

I haven't seen a single pot and have only gotten like 3 greater orbs across 2 of the 3 new dailies.

I'm sticking to cleaning up dungeons for now. I caught up on Classic dungeons this morning but my backlog of Elites is stupid long.

Anyone got a good ability/record materia set up for the FFV fight that gets you RedXIII's record materia?

Falk

that puzzling face
I just threw up Shellga and then AOE'd them with Valefor/Meteor/etc. Quake came into play after single target took out the bottom one (absorbs Earth)

Mage meta aside though, don't overthink it - they don't exactly hurt unless you have all of them low at the same time with no magic mitigation.

I could be wrong (on my phone right now and too lazy to look it up) but I think that both the bottom and left crystals absorb earth until they're very low on life and lose their ability to absorb earth.

Meier

Just did a 5 mythril pull and got a Purge Robe! Oh yeah!

Wait, it has no magic or mind on it? Yeah, that makes sense... idiots.

Falk

that puzzling face
Robes generally don't. Neither does light armor.

It's helms (atk), hats (mag/mind) and bracers (all of the above) that generally have offensive stats.

Meier

Robes generally don't. Neither does light armor.

It's helms (atk), hats (mag/mind) and bracers (all of the above) that generally have offensive stats.

I know -- it's stupid and makes no sense. I've got bracers and the like with the same amount of armor as a robe that covers my entire body and they have gobs of special stats on top of that.. why would I use a robe over them? There should be some level of consistency. Additionally, there should be consistency in whether or not a helm or something that has +4 attack scales with synergy bonus. There's no reason that some of them shouldn't get a bonus.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, generally the bracer/hat/helm stat allocation has less defensive stats than the pure defensive items (robes/light armor/heavy armor) but some items simply have a higher stat allocation to begin with. It's sorta like how daggers are supposed to generally have less ATK than swords, then Yoshimitsu comes along and laughs at all the swords.

You're right though in that the armor with offensive stats generally have much more use (only time I've gone with e.g. a robe is when it's Vivi and he doesn't need that extra magic to hit 9999 because lol devotion) with how much more emphasis there is on ATK/MAG than DEF/RES outside of gimmick fights like Dark Bahamut/Ogopogo.

Also while we're on the topic of imbalance, out of the three purely defensive types Light Armor far outclasses Robes and Heavy Armor. Having like 90:90 DEF/RES distribution vs the other two's roughly 60:100 and 100:60 distribution seems like a far better tradeoff in general.

not even bothering to mention shields lol

Anyone got a good ability/record materia set up for the FFV fight that gets you RedXIII's record materia?
The crystals have two phases. >50% HP physical, <50% HP AoE magic.

You can use slow against them. Individually they don't have a lot of HP either but I can't remember the number off the top of my head.

One idea AoE slow if you have access to it and AoE in general get them to just above 50% HP then go all out on then one at a time.

When I used Advance+retaliate I didn't see any magic but honestly the game doesn't feel like it was not designed around level 80 Cloud quite yet.

Jyrii

Banned
All of quests really should be retroactive and automatic.

Just had crafted and honed another Tempo Flurry and didn't notice it had a quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom