• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrii

Banned
Advance not working out?

I never doubt Advance again! I thought I would be demolished if I picked that instead of Sentinel's grimoire, but with Snow it was a cake walk. 20s left on the Doom timer and I got master.

I used ended up using this team:

Cloud: Retaliate, Drain strike
Snow: Draw fire, Double cut
Vaan: Power breakdown, Tempo flurry
Hope: Haste, Kirin
Vanille: Curaja, Protectga

Is there a way to tell how far behind I am on the story mode?
Which realm(s) have new on their banner (if it is none you'll have to check each one for incomplete dungeons). Then noting that realm look at the roadmap here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WgFVOw4AAg01rAOcP4jsYk7hg/edit#gid=2103293433
Then enter the realm, find the name of the dungeon you have to do and check the dungeons tab. Now you know which dungeon update you have reached.

Note: Global is only up to dungeon update 12.

Razmos

There is a Defender sword 4* from that realm too. Think it's a shame not having other characters like Garland or that princess (she's the original bard, after all).
Oh yeah I meant that sword, I combined 2 of them which is why it is a 5* :p

Defender and the Sun Blade are the only FFI items, I think. Also yeah Its a damn shame there is nothing else from FFI. at the very least the new FFII event in JP has me hopeful that a FFI event could be coming.

Oh yeah I meant that sword, I combined 2 of them which is why it is a 5* :p

Defender and the Sun Blade are the only FFI items, I think. Also yeah Its a damn shame there is nothing else from FFI. at the very least the new FFII event in JP has me hopeful that a FFI event could be coming.
There's a 4* FFI piece of armor called the Knight's Armor also. I've got all three FFI relics ready to go in case we ever get a FFI event. (Besides the mini one that we get down the line.)

Sarah, Garland, Matoya, Bikke, etc. Just give us someone. :/

Sarah, Garland, Matoya, Bikke, etc. Just give us someone. :/
An FF1 roster would've been easy if they just avoided this whole core nonsense and used Fighter, Black Mage, Red Mage, Black Belt, Thief, and White Mage... and not that blue armored dude who's never been in a Final Fantasy game.

An FF1 roster would've been easy if they just avoided this whole core nonsense and used Fighter, Black Mage, Red Mage, Black Belt, Thief, and White Mage... and not that blue armored dude who's never been in a Final Fantasy game.

Warrior of Light is a better FF1 candidate then using any number of core class characters. FF1 just needs Garland and a few other cool npcs and it'd be fine.

Though with the core characters we essentially get both. The way it's set up now they can go beyond the initial six jobs of the first game.

Warrior of Light is a better FF1 candidate then using any number of core class characters. FF1 just needs Garland and a few other cool npcs and it'd be fine.
Yeah, that's how I feel. Sarah and Garland have already been playable in other FF spinoffs so it shouldn't be too hard to define their roles here. Add Matoya as a Black Mage, Bikke as an Engineer/Thief type and you could have a solid group.

Just show the game a little love. With the recent FFII event I'm feeling more confident they'll eventually get to it.

Which realm(s) have new on their banner (if it is none you'll have to check each one for incomplete dungeons). Then noting that realm look at the roadmap here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WgFVOw4AAg01rAOcP4jsYk7hg/edit#gid=2103293433
Then enter the realm, find the name of the dungeon you have to do and check the dungeons tab. Now you know which dungeon update you have reached.

This is really useful, thanks. I guess Leonard = Leon? I'm on DU 9 at the moment - by looks of things should have Galuf recruited & with a few levels on him before the Big Bridge event.

I think I also prefer having the named characters, as the original party essentially became the job classes used in later games too so was no longer unique to FF1. Definitely could add Garland but i'm not sure if any of the other characters are notable enough.
One thing about FF1 (and to a lesser extent 2) in FFRK I find a little annoying is that they use the old NES soundtracks. FF3 has enough variety in the battle music for it to not be a problem, but FF1 literally has the same music throughout each dungeon, boss and all. The PS1 version of FF1 introduced four new boss songs. FF2 misses out on the awesome new songs added in the PS1 version (Boss A and Boss B). Whilst it's being true to the original, feel it would have been better with the newer scores for those games.

MicH

Just used up almost all my GBOs. Honed Ruinga from R1 to R4 and Waterja from R3 to R4. I might hone my Breakdowns from R2 to R3 as well

Core classes also nicely rep the nes version of FF3 which is why they work better as generics then as FF1 or FF3 reps.
Yeah, and now with Tactics coming they can include even more core classes while saving the FFT synergy for the named characters.

That being said, the core classes need a boost or something, and some more content aimed at them beyond a couple daily dungeons.

Yeah, and now with Tactics coming they can include even more core classes while saving the FFT synergy for the names characters.

That being said, the core classes need a boost or something, and some more content aimed at them beyond a couple daily dungeons.

TBF core classes generally have better rm so even if they aren't useful in battle they're still worth bringing around to level.

Though yes giving them and Tyro better free sb's or signature weapon sb's would help to make them not feel like filler grind characters.

Just when I thought it was safe to do all these bonus quests (which is kind of a waste of stamina as the 4* growth egg isn't worth it) the new difficulty gets added to daily.

Remembered finally to grind the hard dungeon for lesser power orbs hoping to max out my retaliate and my 2 double cuts
It is so painful when it gives you 3*s anyway :( Or loads of 2* black orbs.

Defender...
Just a quick thing I noticed on those. All three defenders are among the only swords to give defence boosts. The 3 defence is literally the only reason I kept my FFIV version (if Cecil is sitting the back row and only ever hits Cloud I might as well have a few extra def for doing so).

Kaiterra

Banned
Man, considering how hard this + difficulty daily is, the fact that I walked out of it with a grand total of 1 GBO feels like a huge huuuuuuuuuge ripoff.

EDIT: And nothing for the second run through. Uuuugh

Razmos

Just a quick thing I noticed on those. All three defenders are among the only swords to give defence boosts. The 3 defence is literally the only reason I kept my FFIV version (if Cecil is sitting the back row and only ever hits Cloud I might as well have a few extra def for doing so).
FFI version doesn't give DEF

Razmos

Just watched a video of someone doing the Leblanc and co misfortune fight in JP... jesus christ. Not looking forward to fights like that. He had amazing hones and relics and still struggled.

On the other hand though I realized that the victory fanfare in the X-2 event changes to the X-2 version. neat!

Just watched a video of someone doing the Leblanc and co misfortune fight in JP... jesus christ. Not looking forward to fights like that. He had amazing hones and relics and still struggled.

On the other hand though I realized that the victory fanfare in the X-2 event changes to the X-2 version. neat!

LeBlanc is a boss? There are FFX-2 stages?! I'm so excited! I'd love for her to become a playable character.

- - -

Last night I sat down, took my time, and FINALLY (after avoiding it for weeks) beat that one FF13 dungeon that has you fighting the Eidolon (I think it’s Vanille’s?). Anyway, I’d been avoiding it for so long and only doing events/dailies/elites and now that I’ve completed it, so many new dungeons have opened up. I’m so happy!

Razmos

LeBlanc is a boss? There are FFX-2 stages?! I'm so excited! I'd love for her to become a playable character.
Yep!
event_intro_pict11.png

The FFX-2 event is the one happening right now in Japan, it came with Yuna being able to equip guns, getting her Gunner outfit, and her Burst Super Soul Break

Last night I sat down, took my time, and FINALLY (after avoiding it for weeks) beat that one FF13 dungeon that has you fighting the Eidolon (I think it’s Vanille’s?). Anyway, I’d been avoiding it for so long and only doing events/dailies/elites and now that I’ve completed it, so many new dungeons have opened up. I’m so happy!
Vanille's eidolon hasn't shown up yet. The one you are probably thinking of is Brynhildr, Sazh's eidolon. Either way congrats, that fight is pretty tough.

Yep!
event_intro_pict11.png

The FFX-2 event is the one happening right now in Japan, it came with Yuna being able to equip guns, getting her Gunner outfit, and her Burst Super Soul Break

Vanille's eidolon hasn't shown up yet. The one you are probably thinking of is Brynhildr, Sazh's eidolon. Either way congrats, that fight is pretty tough.

You're just like an entire encyclopedia of info for this game :) Thanks for sharing that stuff. Those sprites look so freaking good!

Valus

Thanks a lot for this. Looks like I'm in the middle of DU6. Got a way to go...

I just need one major black here and then one major earth next Monday to r2 meteor, come on drop damnit. 9 powers away from full break r2, that ain't happening through drops I know. 3 urns and 3 greaters drop. Still need to three man Bart and finish five elite dungeons, wil run the wed thurs dailies once for the mythril and hopefully be able to wrap up the new event and another elite or three. Going to really hit Friday's daily for the greater dark and holy, I need quite a few more of those.

Nohar

Is Bahamut worth it? Or better to save all Major Non-Eles for Meteor?

Meteor, definitly Meteor. R2 Meteor will always trump R2 Bahamut. There are no scenario in which it would be better to hone Bahamut over Meteor (and most damage from Bahamut will be "lost" since that ability will hit the damage cap more often than note; you will definitly get more mileage from Meteor).

Is Bahamut worth it? Or better to save all Major Non-Eles for Meteor?

It takes a tremendous amount of orbs to make Bahamut actually useful for something other than trash clearing. I can't wait for the day I can convert my 24 major summons orbs into 240 greaters and get maduin, Alexander and another four star up to a useable level. Right now my summoner uses an r5 valefor and an r4 3star elemental summon (debating on taking those up to r5). Bahamut needs to be a multi hit aoe summon before it's useful for the enormous orb expense.

MrDaravon

Did an 11 pull, all I got was 5* Flame Shield, 4* Crystal Helm (FFVI) and everything else was 3*, feelsbadman

I already had a Crystal Helm at max level so I guess I could combine it to a 5*? Also is the Flame Shield any good?

I've got 2 Crystal Helms at Lv 15, both still at 4* just to spread the synergy across multiple characters (they're honestly great with the Attack Bonus), but you could combine if you have several other pieces/just want one really strong set on your physical attacker.

Valus

Did an 11 pull, all I got was 5* Flame Shield, 4* Crystal Helm (FFVI) and everything else was 3*, feelsbadman

I already had a Crystal Helm at max level so I guess I could combine it to a 5*? Also is the Flame Shield any good?

Crystal Helm has some solid stats imo (increases STR). Unless you have plenty of gear already I'd keep them separate for your melees. Can't comment on the Flame Shield, don't have one.

I did a pull on one of the Hope banners, the one with Vega 42.

Got a bunch of crapola :(

Also these new dailies are harder but the rewards don't seem better. I've gotten a whopping 2 greater orbs so far.

greyshark

I did a pull on one of the Hope banners, the one with Vega 42.

Got a bunch of crapola :(

Also these new dailies are harder but the rewards don't seem better. I've gotten a whopping 2 greater orbs so far.

Considering I almost never got a 4* orb from Heroic I'd take that.

MrDaravon

I've got 2 Crystal Helms at Lv 15, both still at 4* just to spread the synergy across multiple characters (they're honestly great with the Attack Bonus), but you could combine if you have several other pieces/just want one really strong set on your physical attacker.

Crystal Helm has some solid stats imo (increases STR). Unless you have plenty of gear already I'd keep them separate for your melees. Can't comment on the Flame Shield, don't have one.

Yeah, I'll probably leave them separate for now. I have zero upgrade mats or 1*s right now and my inventory is almost full oh god

The little I could find on the Flame Shield on reddit indicated that it's basically upgrade material, the two things I found on there specifically referenced there only being two shields ever worth equipping, and it's not one of them. Still useful for me right now just for stats, but would rather have gotten almost any other 5* instead :(

Also did my two 100-gem pulls on the two current banners, got a 3* something I've already forgotten, and a 4* Defender (FF1) so that's decent at least, I don't think I have any FF1 items, not that FF1 seems to be common though.

Bitching on gaf got me 2 greater power orbs this run. I guess the dailies are now the best way to farm greater orbs unless something else is more stamina efficient which I doubt.

I have to say i am not impressed with Ruinga. Reddits been hyping this ability up for about 6 months and now i have it....it's below par. It's not great for crowd control on elite as it hardly takes out a full row of trash in one go. Hmm, i was my money orbs back.

I have to say i am not impressed with Ruinga. Reddits been hyping this ability up for about 6 months and now i have it....it's below par. It's not great for crowd control on elite as it hardly takes out a full row of trash in one go. Hmm, i was my money orbs back.

I'm enjoying my R3 Ruinga thus far. Rolling with 3 dedicated Non-Elemental AoE nukers (R4 Valefor, R1 Meteor, R3 Ruinga) gives me absurd kill power against multi-target bosses. The guy toting Ruinga is usually the guy that has some sort of offense-boosting RM (Letting the Meteor guy take Mana Spring II for easier trash-killing power), and you can use him to clear the first two waves of trash leading up to the boss (if there are any) and still have 4 charges left for the boss himself, which lines up nicely with R4 Valefor and future R2 Meteor. When I want to go for maximum overkill I have one of the other characters be Tyro with Mana's Paean and Stutter Step. It brought me primal joy to melt the Elite FFV crystals from DU12 in like 3 turns.

How's the boss rush? Anything I should be aware of or is it pretty easy?

Boss rush is pretty pathetic. The first 3 bosses only have physical attacks, so you mostly just need physical mitigation. Everyone has weaknesses so you can just load up with your best sets of spells and spellblades and melt most of them pretty quickly. This is a good time to take Aerora Strike out for a test-drive. S/L if the Warmech uses its AoE HP% Beam more than once or twice.

Falk

that puzzling face

The fact that you have 8 shots of it means that it has a different use profile than Meteor or the summons. It's not a replacement for Meteor or summons. With 8 uses, it's more a replacement for Quake (does more damage, won't get resisted) or Comet (does more damage, AOE)

8 shots also means that depending on what your other ability is, you can forego BM RM2 for something like Devotion and hit 9999 anyway with a 4* RS rod or higher (or Mental Breakdown)

Bitching on gaf got me 2 greater power orbs this run. I guess the dailies are now the best way to farm greater orbs unless something else is more stamina efficient which I doubt.

For specific orbs elite bosses may still be better. Barnabas for example is ~50 stam per orb (after you get to him) but doesn't drop anything else except vendor trash. When orb conversion comes (and by proxy, meaning now too in terms of stockpile) the dailies are better. And of course from pure stam/orb ignoring what flavor the dailies are they're already way better since they also drop another school.

Vorpal

How's the boss rush? Anything I should be aware of or is it pretty easy?

The last boss--Midlight Reaper--packs a fair amount of burst damage. If you bring Sentinel's Grimoire as a RW, I would save at least one charge for that fight, and probably pack Protectga as well. (I think most of the damage is physical. Someone else can correct me on that.)

Also, don't be like me and forget that Garuda Interceptor switches into defensive/Hellstorm spamming mode after losing 25% of its health. Extra Aero/ra Strikes or whatever bursty abilities you have will come in handy for burning it down.

I'm enjoying my R3 Ruinga thus far. Rolling with 3 dedicated Non-Elemental AoE nukers (R4 Valefor, R1 Meteor, R3 Ruinga) gives me absurd kill power against multi-target bosses.

Yeah, that's how I've been using Ruinga as well. Orbfest helped me bring Valefor/Maduin hones up to snuff, and all of that + Meteor makes trash clearing way more manageable. When Ruinga doesn't finish something off (which has happened a few times), I usually have a melee pick up the slack with a regular attack or Bladeblitz.

Balphon

Well, I somehow managed to pull a 5* SB relic from the daily draw.

Granted, it was Cyclone Grimoire. But hey, free is free. AoE mental break ahoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom