• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
3wMBBug.png

Not too bad I guess????

WarAdept

Would it still be safe to bring one character and Onion to the 90 stamina EXP dungeon or should I bring two and onion?

Wish I could, homie.. wish I could.

I take it Vaan's Burst is good then? Or do you just like the character? I never played XII so no connection for me.

And not to rub it in, but my pull had no dupes. thefountain.gif

Egg OK to 85. With RS (bumping up his level to 95) and a synergy weap, he can solo easy.

Also Vaans BSB is some straight up BS. So many stacking debuffs on one character, made even more ridiculous when Mug Bloodlust is added to the mix.

Cloud and jecht. Cloud will be a nice atk bonus when mastered, since I have his osb. Jecht...not even useful as a stat stick since it's a blitzball. Oh well! Meanwhile my mote drops have completely dried up for a few mythril refreshes, bummer.

Dragner

Fujin burst is the closest to Vaan Burst is almost a copy with better damage and worst commands but on a ninja/mage. And is also probably the only VIII burst that doesnt suck.

BF draw got me a Hamelin, nice BSB but it would have been cool to get more.

My OK Draw dropped Luneth's BSB, Onion Sword, Heroic Shield and my 3rd Elder Staff. I guess it's...OK.

I would consider swapping Ramza for OK and use Porom SSB as RW. That should increase even more your damage.
That would be a 10% increase (they stack additively, right?) over Shout + have Crit boost, however I wouldn't be able to use both Wall and Tome without RWing one of them. I'm unsure if the extra DPS is worth making my team more vulnerable (Wall + Tome's stackable breakdowns make a huge difference against many bosses and it's M.Blink can be a lifesaver).

Xetherion

BF pull: 1/11, Keeper's Tome. Not a dupe, but gonna have to figure out how to use it and SG both. Don't have native Shout so can't RW one or the other. Could run 2 Supports so Tyro can use Lifesiphon, but that means giving up DPS. Probably just not going to use the BSB, so yay +10 ATK for Tyro i guess?

I knew my luck had to run out eventually and i'd get a 1/11 at some point, but it really sucks that it was on this banner.

2nd pull on OK1: 2/11, Elder Staff and off-banner Regal Gown (VI). Elder Staff is not a dupe, and the Regal Gown is my 3rd allowing me to make a 8* if i reforge it, but not gonna lie, still feel disappointed.

Down to 8 mythril now.

Been a disappointing day :/

Congrats to all who pulled multiple BSB's, at least some of us are having a good day.

I'm jealous of people who pulled sephiroth bsb. It seems mediocre today, but I run him all the time on my Jp a team, and I have a crazy number of bsbs there and three osbs. 2x def ignoring is a future proofed attack that ages like fine wine, six month from now he will be your lead damage dealer on huge def bosses without weaknesses.

I've had a run of luck after 4 refreshes of zero drops, and now have a fully maxed onion knight. He is my first four star mote recipient but I have a number of first level maxed characters. He is my top atk, mag, and mind by 24/50/29 points respectively. And he is number 2 in hp behind pcecil. What a beast. I wish he had access to dragoon and spellblade abilities! Looking forward t,actually using him in a challenging battle. Will probably do one pull on banner two just to,see if I can get his mag ssb.

Falk gonna Falk. While it sucks, your pulls never fail to make me feel slightly better about mine. Haven't pulled on this yet. Girlfriend is going to be upset that this is full priced. She spent her last 50 on the FFIII banner (but pulled both bursts there, so she shouldn't be that upset.)

Kain

BF pull: 1/11, Keeper's Tome. Not a dupe, but gonna have to figure out how to use it and SG both. Don't have native Shout so can't RW one or the other. Could run 2 Supports so Tyro can use Lifesiphon, but that means giving up DPS. Probably just not going to use the BSB, so yay +10 ATK for Tyro i guess?

I knew my luck had to run out eventually and i'd get a 1/11 at some point, but it really sucks that it was on this banner.

I have both too since a while and I've literally never used SG, ever. I don't have native Shout either. The solution is to run Shout as a RW and not using SG, it's that simple.

SG is the most overrated SB, specially now when the most important thing is active mitigation.

Falk gonna Falk. While it sucks, your pulls never fail to make me feel slightly better about mine. Haven't pulled on this yet. Girlfriend is going to be upset that this is full priced. She spent her last 50 on the FFIII banner (but pulled both bursts there, so she shouldn't be that upset.)

When you pull 1/11 tiny bee you'll be the one who gets falk.jpg

2nd pull on OK1: 2/11, Elder Staff and off-banner Regal Gown (VI). Elder Staff is not a dupe, and the Regal Gown is my 3rd allowing me to make a 8* if i reforge it, but not gonna lie, still feel disappointed.

Down to 8 mythril now.

Been a disappointing day :/

Congrats to all who pulled multiple BSB's, at least some of us are having a good day.

I'd try it a one stam battle running the bsb instead of wall. The command breaks plus other breakdowns, protecga Shellga and magic blink are likely going to be enough mitigation for you and you can free up ability slots for other characters to increase dps earlier in the battle.

I have an 8 star regal gown that is rarely used but when it is, the damage reduction particularly on VI battles is obviosulynsecond to none.

Lucky pull:

Il6wHtnl.jpg

Hmmm Imperil Wind weapon... That goes well with Luneth's En-wind Spear....

Just one pull and see what happens...

6h4zVocl.jpg

FUCK I WANT THE GAUNTLETS NOW

From 537 to 87 mythril...

3q689UWl.jpg

This is the second time I drain all my mythril like this : /

Did four pulls with my Mythril:

HlK29fu.png

lmao at that last pull. Would've been nice had that last pull not screw me over like that.

Might do one more before the banner ends. Would like those Gauntlets. Normally, Items can't evade me.

Let me join the club

3LflrWel.jpg

I got my $100 iTunes card yesterday.

I'm not sure if I should try again for Luneth/Onion, after this morning it would really be tempting fate tho.

Xetherion

I have both too since a while and I've literally never used SG, ever. I don't have native Shout either. The solution is to run Shout as a RW and not using SG, it's that simple.

SG is the most overrated SB, specially now when the most important thing is active mitigation.

If you've truly never used SG you don't know what you're missing. The mitigation it provides is phenomenal. The only time i ever have to worry about dying is vs. bosses that act so fast they can get 2 attacks in before i can heal. Don't know what you mean by active mitigation.

I'd try it a one stam battle running the bsb instead of wall. The command breaks plus other breakdowns, protecga Shellga and magic blink are likely going to be enough mitigation for you and you can free up ability slots for other characters to increase dps earlier in the battle.

I have an 8 star regal gown that is rarely used but when it is, the damage reduction particularly on VI battles is obviosulynsecond to none.

I've tried battles with FB and breakdowns and 2 mblinks (Rosa and Beatrix) and it wasn't enough, i doubt adding a -20% hybrid break would be. Also re: ability slots, my healer always brings one of the prote/shell-gas, if i brought Diaga instead they'd likely only be able to use it once, if that, before they're on permanent healing duty. So i'd be saving one ability slot maybe, if i needed to bring both prote/shell-ga.

The one thing that i guess i should give KT a shot for is the mblink. With Beatrix and Rosa's mblinks as well, I could almost constantly keep mblink up. The problem is the cast times, tried spamming mblinks vs. Atlas not long ago and he kept clearing my mblink with Roar and then using Crushing Grasp while the next mblink was still being cast. And i started casting the next mblink while he was still in the middle of his Roar animation, so there was no input delay causing the next mblink cast to be late.

If you've truly never used SG you don't know what you're missing. The mitigation it provides is phenomenal. The only time i ever have to worry about dying is vs. bosses that act so fast they can get 2 attacks in before i can heal. Don't know what you mean by active mitigation.

I've tried battles with FB and breakdowns and 2 mblinks (Rosa and Beatrix) and it wasn't enough, i doubt adding a -20% hybrid break would be. Also re: ability slots, my healer always brings one of the prote/shell-gas, if i brought Diaga instead they'd likely only be able to use it once, if that, before they're on permanent healing duty. So i'd be saving one ability slot maybe, if i needed to bring both prote/shell-ga.

The one thing that i guess i should give KT a shot for is the mblink. With Beatrix and Rosa's mblinks as well, I could almost constantly keep mblink up. The problem is the cast times, tried spamming mblinks vs. Atlas not long ago and he kept clearing my mblink with Roar and then using Crushing Grasp while the next mblink was still being cast. And i started casting the next mblink while he was still in the middle of his Roar animation, so there was no input delay causing the next mblink cast to be late.

You don't replace the Shellga with diaga, you replace it with armor breakdown or carbuncle or something that increases offense.

MrDaravon

it's ok i'm going to use 1st fusion sword every time in multiplayer with Mako Might and 2 lifesiphons and spam the BSB opening over and over and piss everyone off since it takes so long

Ahahaha. I'm trying to think, is it actually the longest BSB opening? It's gotta be up there, but I haven't seen all of them. Maybe Squall's too?

it's ok i'm going to use 1st fusion sword every time in multiplayer with Mako Might and 2 lifesiphons and spam the BSB opening over and over and piss everyone off since it takes so long

[Fat Chocobo "..."]

It's okay, I do the same thing. Battleforged + Lifesiphon + Quad Cut (in Burst Mode) = infinite Burst. It upsets people greatly.

WarAdept

So there's approx 100 mithril between now and XIV which is basically the best banner ever. And I have 0 synergy for it. Then OSB fest right after or so. Then Tactics.

But all I want to do is pull for more III stuff.

How much mithril are people allocating towards these 3. I'm very tempted to use money for another III pull...

Dragner

Nothing lags more in multiplayer that Faris BSB on my phone, that thing goes to 2 fps, Vaan Burst is also painfully slow and lags a lot. I dont see any problems with people bringing Cloud Burst in terms of speed. Its still slow, but not the worst.

c-murph

Decided to go ahead and do the Black Friday pull.

NHvdDZ8.png

All new I believe. Penelo, Noel, Balthier and Tidus. The only I character I use is Tidus though.

Kain

I mean breakdowns: with FB, Tyro's commands and the rest you can put here and there (like some SSBs) you never, ever, ever need SG, specially now that most bosses have tons of attacks that ignore def/res.

To give you an example, since I got Tyro's burst I've cleared most of the content with Tyro as the healer and the other 4 just dpsing. Yeah. Of course sometimes I've had to put two healers, but for example KT allows me to put Wrath on Rosa to spam MB.

It's a matter of preference, of course, but I'd give it a try.

Spent entirely too much to get Onion Bracers, but I'm actually satisfied. Egged OK to 99 and I'm set for months, and I got a Gungnir++ to advance Luneth to the A team as well.

Only unlocked 5* support on my Onion Knight, I need so many 4* Vitality motes for 5* Ninja, Celerity and Combat. I want to run FC with his bsb command.

MrDaravon

I haven't been paying too much attention to things (work has been bonkers this month), is it worth spending all of the motes to full max out OK if you don't have his BSB? I got his SSB but I don't think that alone is going to get him on my A-Team unless his stats/abilities are that godlike maxed out at 99?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom