• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiterra

Banned
Lightbringer x2 and Stardust Rod (II) on Black Friday. I thought I got Celes' weapon twice until I went to combine it and it didn't come up and "Oh hey, Beatrix too! Same name!"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't been paying too much attention to things (work has been bonkers this month), is it worth spending all of the motes to full max out OK if you don't have his BSB? I got his SSB but I don't think that alone is going to get him on my A-Team unless his stats/abilities are that godlike maxed out at 99?
Yeah, I'm wondering that as well. I was planning on using all my eggs to get him to 99, but without his Burst, I don't know if there's any reason to use him.

I figure at worst OK should get to 99 for the rm (since his mc3 is free) and master 1-2 5 star abilities so he can be a strong option for cm missions.

hesho

well.. i think i might have to redo my team now...

pulled yuna's, vanille's and tyro's BSB... then tried my luck in the FFIII banner and pulled lunneth and OK's BSB as well...

i barely touched my OK... guess that will change now..

Anustart

My little onion boy grows stronger, but gonna take forever to get him to 99. Ran out of eggs, sitting at level 71. Greater eggs worthless and major eggs so few and far between :( No skipping leg day til he's a full grown Onion Man.

Falk

that puzzling face
At the very least, Onion Knight can be a support character who can use basically anything and has an absurd ATK stat, so he's a great Full Break/Breakdown/Penalty fallback for realms where you don't have a support with a dealbreaker SB

Plaguefox

EJr0xv1.png
Well, I got the Onion Sword and the Onion Bracers on 100 mythril, so I guess I deserved this.

Dragner

My little onion boy grows stronger, but gonna take forever to get him to 99. Ran out of eggs, sitting at level 71. Greater eggs worthless and major eggs so few and far between :( No skipping leg day til he's a full grown Onion Man.

You can always trade souls and memory crystals for 4* eggs if you have to spare. If you played for a while should have more souls and crystals that characters to unlock.

thedan001

I got OK's gauntlets after first 11-pull, I saved up for a few pulls.

Should I stop now or keep pulling for more FFIII synergy and OK's SSB?

Or save it up for orbfest and wait for OK's OSB which should be better than his SSB?

Thoughts?

On another note, I never dived a character yet since coming back, I have 4* motes saved up. How should I dive OK? I was told to save up motes and mythrils for OK's character but not sure what to do for his dive. How many 5* OK mote should I farm from event?

Thanks in advance!

Falk

that puzzling face
You got the prize and there are plenty of things to splurge on in near to medium future.

edit: You need 12 Onion motes to unlock everything, and you get a few between missions and Ultimates I believe.

thedan001

You got the prize and there are plenty of things to splurge on in near to medium future.

edit: You need 12 Onion motes to unlock everything, and you get a few between missions and Ultimates I believe.

Awesome, thanks.

I decided to do a Black Friday pull. It was 2x Firion's Sun Sword and a Serah's bsb. Not too bad.

Is there a way to check your login bonus chart? I skipped the thanksgiving and FFXV login messages too fast and wanted to check my progress with logins

You got Onion's BSB already. I would save for OSB fest, FFXIV and TGC for FFT unless you really needed Luneth's BSB.
OK is really flexible and he'll fill any role you need. Support 5, Ninja and Celerity 5 are together or Black Magic 5 are good picks.

I ran out of wisdom 4 motes once I learned Black Magic 5. I need 4 more Onion motes and a bunch of wisdom and vitality motes to fully unlock him.

We're entering a period where events have much stronger relics to offer each time, so some forethought and planning is highly advised.

It's never worth it to do more than two 11 pulls (max) on any one single banner, as any marquee item will almost certainly return again.

Ahnez

Got Lightning's, Celes' and Ashe's BSSBs. I also had Faris' burst

I think its pretty solid

And I noticed Lightning's burst gunblade is 2 ATK weaker than her Smite (Unique) gunblade at lvl 20 lol

Kain

Nope, I would've been more than happy with Vaan's BSSB but this was... Man, I'm used to 1/11 or 2/11 where the other one is a generic relic lol

FFMafia

Man I used all my 4* motes on ramza cloud and others now I wish I would have saved them for the onion knight. All I have is his ssb but he is still useful

100 gems got me Ingus SSB, probably won't do a second OK pull since now I'd just be chasing as I have fairly solid 5 star gear and sbs for the ff3 realm.

B.K.

I wish the Onion Knight Motes didn't have such a horrible drop rate. I've farmed for two days and have only gotten two of them.

thedan001

100 gems got me Ingus SSB, probably won't do a second OK pull since now I'd just be chasing as I have fairly solid 5 star gear and sbs for the ff3 realm.

I got break blade for ignus from 100 gem pull also

It looks like OK mote can be dropped from 3 ways:

1) OK exp dungeons
2) Ahriman mote dungeon
3) Red Dragon ult battle

Assuming you have the means to fight Ahriman efficiently, it only costs 1 stamina for chance to get OK motes

Just pulled Refia's BSB from a 100 gem draw...holy cow. Is it any good?!

I am never sure if people just play silly or really have no clue... It's one of the best physical BSB, enjoy while I shove my off-banner crap as an augment in another weapon. /salt /congratulation

Edit: Reread my comment. Don't want to sound mean or anything, I am salty but genuinely happy for others on GAF! :)

Also, with my almost non-existent III synergy, the Mote dungeon CM was the hardest thing I did in a loooong time!

I am never sure if people just play silly or really have no clue... It's one of the best physical BSB, enjoy while I shove my off-banner crap as an augment in another weapon. /salt /congratulation

Edit: Reread my comment. Don't want to sound mean or anything, I am salty but genuinely happy for others on GAF! :)

Also, with my almost non-existent III synergy, the Mote dungeon CM was the hardest thing I did in a loooong time!

I really have no clue when it comes to which BSB's are the best! Thanks, I'll definitely egg her up!

From which banner does the off-banner rate go down to a really really low percentage?

I really have no clue when it comes to which BSB's are the best! Thanks, I'll definitely egg her up!

She's great! The new Monk ability Fire Within is also badass with her BSB, it's Fire attack and restores HP. Her gloves have Fire DMG + and her BSB gives En-Fire! I prayed for this on my 100 gems, that off-banner still hurts!

The FFIII Ultimates and Mote dungeon were a breeze. I'm glad I resisted doing another pull on banner 1 as what I got the first time was more than sufficient.

with my gear, those were fun and easy battles, mote dungeon included. I did end up with useless onion motes dropping both from ariman and red dragon, so I'm at three extra, including the U (or whatever) reward.

Congrats! And, definitely. Plus, a fully decked out Onion Knight is insane. I was able to unlock his entire Sphere Grid after beating Ahriman.
Thanks. I just need one more Onion Mote and I'll have enough. I'm not gonna work on any more of his 4* Mote Spheres until I have a relic for him though. I unlocked Support 5 and beefed up his attack a bit with the 3* Spheres so he'll be my FFIII Support character until further notice.

I am farming Ahriman right now for my last OK Mote and I realize that it's the boss I hate the most in the history of FFRK. Maybe it's just the RNG, but it makes me say really bad words. Fuck it, I will get my last mote in the exp side of the event, CM is done, never want to see that thing again!

I am farming Ahriman right now for my last OK Mote and I realize that it's the boss I hate the most in the history of FFRK. Maybe it's just the RNG, but it makes me say really bad words. Fuck it, I will get my last mote in the exp side of the event, CM is done, never want to see that thing again!

Yeah, just get it from the EXP dungeon. I got like 10 of them there the other day, meaning that OK 5* motes were plentiful.

So you're saying it's worth spending mythril in the XP dungeon then. :p

Well, with how much I hate it yes but it would be irrational. ;)

Seriously, there is many days left to the event. Doing only the 90 Stamina Exp Dungeon until then should get you what you need (even if you switch to Daily Exp Dungeon for tomorrow if you are not leveling up III characters). With CM and reward for U+, I think you need like 6 drops total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom