• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to beat Ahriman with 2 people dead and 1 petrified at the end. Lost 3 medals and still got mastered rank lol. Both Luneth and Onion Knight died to freaking Lunge. Not farming Ahriman, so many soft resets due to petrify. Poison didn't help me as much, but dismissal bought me enough time to cast my walls and protectga/shellga.

Not sure how you CM this mission without wall. Ahriman hits like a truck.
Ok, with those motes, I was able to unlock all his jobs. I just need 2 more Onion Motes for his Red Mage and Sage Sphere. My OK is a powerhouse! Well, back Onion Knight mote farming too.

Falk

that puzzling face
Onion Knight is:

Secondary healer who can also hit for a ton
Support with 200+ ATK
Ninja with high innate MAG stat and can use magic sword/axe/bow/etc.
PC/FC user

Kenai

Luneth BSSB on Ahriman is disgusting. 9999x8 + auto interrupt and a decent amount of interrupts/damage on the commands. And my Luneth is only in the 80s.

Negator

Onion Knight is:

Support with 200+ ATK
PC/FC user

OK with his burst is so good you could probably bring him in with no abilities and Mako Might.
Doesn't even need to PC/FC, he can just Command 1/FC

So can Onion Knight use Black Magic 6, White Magic 6, Combat 6, Support 6, Celerity 6 and Ninja 6 once you fully dived him? That's ridiculous if true.

I'm checking out Luneth too when he's fully record dived. He gets Spellblade 5, Support 4, Darkness 5, Dragoon 5. RIP Cloud? Cloud only gets Spellblade 5, Knight 3 and Samurai 5 in a future update. Luneth outdoes Cloud by a country mile and then some.

So can Onion Knight use Black Magic 6, White Magic 6, Combat 6, Support 6, Celerity 6 and Ninja 6 once you fully dived him? That's ridiculous if true.

I'm checking out Luneth too when he's fully record dived. He gets Spellblade 5, Support 4, Darkness 5, Dragoon 5. RIP Cloud? Cloud only gets Spellblade 5, Knight 3 and Samurai 5 in a future update. Luneth outdoes Cloud by a country mile and then some.
He can't do Ninja 6, as there's no Nightmare Ninja dungeon. (6* skills from skillsets that have empowered Motes like Ninja, Dragoon, etc, are only available to natural 5* users.)

Yes to everything else though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Onion Knight is:

Support with 200+ ATK
PC/FC user

I get the impression that OK is better than Tyro if you don't have relics for either character, but Tyro is better than OK if you have the Tyro relics and none of the OK relics.

My only fear is that the game will just expect people to have both Shout and the OK BSSB available, so they'll just keep pumping up the HP or upping the defense of enemies. I already feel like the game expects you to use Shout for 99% of the battles, just like you were supposed to use Retameta the year previous.

Although if the real meta is having 5 mages with bursts + sheepsong + OK BSSB, then this is all academic anyway. lol

Darn, oh well. Wanted to give him Meltdown haha.
He can use Meltdown.

Black Magic is a Nightmare Dungeon enabled skillset, so if you unlock Black Magic 5* in Onion Knight's Record Sphere, as long as you've previously completed any Black Magic Nightmare dungeons, he'll automatically get Black Magic 6* too. (This goes for any character who can unlock 5* Black Magic, White Magic, Combat, Support, Celerity, or Summoning through Record Spheres.)

It's the skillsets without Nightmare Dungeons that can't be upgraded to 6*, even if you can unlock 5* in a character's Record Sphere. (ie. Dragoon, Ninja, Monk, Knight, Machinist, Thief, Bard, and Samurai. Sharpshooter, Darkness, Dancer and Witch have no 6* skills currently.) They have to have natural 5* access to those skillsets in order to use the Empowered Motes.

I finallly mastered the disgusting piece of RNG Ifrit fight.

Once I pulled OK's BSB I said, yeah that motherfucker is the first one to die now that I have a good mag boost.

Razmos

sEWaOef.png
Well, no Onion Knight equips, but Luneth is super strong now, and Arc now has a second SSB. The utility on Arc is crazy now. Shell + Major Regen + Magic Blink and Insta Curaga medica + physical blink.

Plus I was able to move around some of my equips, so now I have enough FF3 synergy weapons to give to the whole party.

Well, no Onion Knight equips, but Luneth is super strong now, and Arc now has a second SSB. The utility on Arc is crazy now. Shell + Major Regen + Magic Blink and Insta Curaga medica + physical blink.

Plus I was able to move around some of my equips, so now I have enough FF3 synergy weapons to give to the whole party.
Your Luneth is gonna be a wrecking machine. Put an exploit elemental damage record materia on him and you'll hit the damage cap in no time.

I honed Full Charge to R3. Kinda regretted using my Major Wind Orbs on it, but once I used Onion Knight's BSB. It was command 1, FC, rinse and repeat lol. Tore through Ultimate+ when I was struggling with my A team before. Shout + Vessel of Fate + Full Charge + Swordshower trivialize that fight. This must be how people felt when they have Shout all those months ago.

WarAdept

Everyone on the fence about OK said:
Do I invest in OK despite not having a relic for him?

Yes.
This is my fully dived LV 99 OK (with his Burst for +5 ATK and +5 MAG mastery.

C5uBVzP.jpg
SZJaP6R.jpg

Conversely, here is my other level 99 character, Luneth. Granted he isn't dived...

vShLgd9.jpg

...but the stat divide and skill sets between the two are insane. And Luneth is a very very good character.

OK has the basic skill sets at maxed (with a splash of 5* Ninja) so he can run things like :

PC /FC
Full Healer
Full Sage
Full Breakdown Support
Offensive skill/spell supplemented with ProShellga
SB Battery with Wrath/Lifesiphon and Entrust
Whatever

He's that good.

MrDaravon

Having gotten OK's SSB but not BSB I still can't really decide if he gets a spot on my general A-Team outside of obvious situations like FF3 realms. My general all-around team ignoring any specific needs is usually the following (RW is Shout):

-Lightning using PC/FC and I have her Lightning SSB and Kaiser Shield
-Vaan with his BSB
-Tyro with SG and then FB and/or whatever I need for condition medals
-Rosa with her Medica/MBlink SSB

My 5th slot I kinda go back and forth on between Basch and Ramza; I have the Apocalypse Shield for Basch and can run BS/SC on him for good damage, but in all but the hardest/longest encounters they're over before I could get Apocalypse Shield up. For Ramza I don't have Shout but I do have his BSB (and Hail of Stones but w/e) which assuming the boss doesn't resist Holy is good damage and his first BSB comand also does good damage. So I can alternatively run FB + Life Siphon on Ramza which frees up Tyro for pure damage or whatever is needed. I tend to stick to Basch just for the more upfront damage but it's probably kind of a toss-up.

I also have BSB's for Gilgamesh, Beatrix, Squall, Noel and Ashe, but since I just got virtually all of those I haven't experimented with any of them really outside of Beatrix's. I don't think any of those would make my A-Team though except maybe Ashe if I ran OK BSB RW instead of Shout, but that doesn't seem worth it (again outside of specific situations that call for a mixed team like FF12 CM or something).

Vaan is a lock on my team with his BSB being so good (and the burst commands stacking with everything else), Tyro is also a lock as my only native Wall, and typically you'll need a healer so Rosa or whatever curaga medica is also a lock. So I could either swap OK in for Lightning as my PC/FC user (I'd lose the AoE SSB but that's not typically much of an issue), or I could swap him in for Basch but then I'd need to have him run something other than PC/FC, maybe Life Siphon and Gaia Cross or something?

Edit: Oh, OK can't use Knight abilities (aka SC/GC)? boooo. Hmm.

Advice (or what would you do in my case scenario). Nearing 50 Mythril for a pull, first big decision since returning to the game. Have ok but not amazing IV synergy (Pecil BSSB, Rosa's SSB), zero unique SBs of any kind for III.

Do I:
1. Pull for Kain BSB and further strenghten IV (I always have a Dragoon in a party due to the amazing skill combo, Kain could replace Cid/Fang).
2. Attempt to get anything in a III Banner (I am assuming the first one is better due to OK)
3. Save everything for the "amazing"and hyped XIV banner in a month or so. (Have Yda Crit up SB as my only one)

I'm talking purely utility, no emotional bias.

Advice (or what would you do in my case scenario). Nearing 50 Mythril for a pull, first big decision since returning to the game. Have ok but not amazing IV synergy (Pecil BSSB, Rosa's SSB), zero unique SBs of any kind for III.

Do I:
1. Pull for Kain BSB and further strenghten IV (I always have a Dragoon in a party due to the amazing skill combo, Kain could replace Cid/Fang).
2. Attempt to get anything in a III Banner (I am assuming the first one is better due to OK)
3. Save everything for the "amazing"and hyped XIV banner in a month or so. (Have Yda Crit up SB as my only one)

I'm talking purely utility, no emotional bias.

Pull for OK or save for fest

WarAdept

Back to terribad luck again. Desch Sword on Banner 2. Refia and me were never destined together. At least it's EnThunder.

Aspiring Knight U+ CM

OK is OP. Gaia Cross is OP. I love FF3.
rsdAPOs.jpg

Aspiring Knight U++

Couldn't be bothered to find something better to stack with Vessel, so went with Shout. First time using Eikos BSB, TIL that Command 1 works with dualcast White RM. Oh and Luneth was doing 36k Lightning Dives due to Eikos critical up.
lezveJs.jpg

Mote Ahriman CM

Whoops. Wind was a requirement aye.
L4kt6ul.jpg

Wazzy

Banned
For some reason I didn't realize OK BSB was magic AND attack boost plus haste. Goodbye Shout and hello OP BSB.

Also I hope VIII event is coming this week. I want Squall's OSB.

c-murph

For some reason I didn't realize OK BSB was magic AND attack boost plus haste. Goodbye Shout and hello OP BSB.

Also I hope VIII event is coming this week. I want Squall's OSB.

Yeah, I know and I didn't manage to get the Gauntlets. :( I think it's the first toy I wanted that I wasn't able to snag.

I got one more pull on the last day of the banner. So, we'll see. Sixth time is the charm I guess? lol

Finally did some inventory weed whacking was at 296 after pulling Ingus SSB down now to 269 after getting rid of completely outclassed weapons even after realm synergy. Still have a few maybes like the gold sword + since more people can use swords and I dunno if I'll always be able to squeeze 3 katana users into my team.

Finally did some inventory weed whacking was at 296 after pulling Ingus SSB down now to 269 after getting rid of completely outclassed weapons even after realm synergy. Still have a few maybes like the gold sword + since more people can use swords and I dunno if I'll always be able to squeeze 3 katana users into my team.

We should get the third gold sword soon with the coliseum, assuming we still get that event.

Wazzy

Banned
I still haven't done my Black Friday pull and really don't know if I want to. 50 mythril that could go to something better or hope I pull some great BSB's. It ends later today I believe so I'll have to decide soon.
Yeah, I know and I didn't manage to get the Gauntlets. :( I think it's the first toy I wanted that I wasn't able to snag.

I got one more pull on the last day of the banner. So, we'll see. Sixth time is the charm I guess? lol
I'm sure you'll pull it then! I don't have it either but I didn't want to use OK in my party anyway so I'm cool with using RW instead.

Dragner

I dusted my lacyness and finish all my pending stuff, Finish CM for all mote dungeons except II (someday Ill pull some synergy for this realm) and did all the stuff from the event. Was fun.

Did the the U++ without using a RW (I brought a Cloud with Braver lol), Celes Indomitable Blade again won the fight alone, that and OK being OK.

c-murph

You got the prize and there are plenty of things to splurge on in near to medium future.

edit: You need 12 Onion motes to unlock everything, and you get a few between missions and Ultimates I believe.

Just came in here to ask that. I guess each Sphere path requires one to open... The grind for three more mote... ugh.

Not really going to use him as a mage and don't even have remotely close enough 4* motes to unlock those abilities (Mage, Sage, Devout)... Those paths can probably wait awhile.

Got Gladiator down, and need Lv.5 in viking. At Level 2 with Ninja.

I still haven't done my Black Friday pull and really don't know if I want to. 50 mythril that could go to something better or hope I pull some great BSB's. It ends later today I believe so I'll have to decide soon.

I'm sure you'll pull it then! I don't have it either but I didn't want to use OK in my party anyway so I'm cool with using RW instead.

I hope so. It'll go good with my party. Even if I miss it this time; it'll be back. I just got to start saving hundreds of Mythril again until it does return!

I did my Black Friday pull and got 4 BSB for characters I don't use. Well, Tidus on ocassion but I stick with Tyro, OK, Aerith, Ramza & Agrias. Although, I'll someday replace Agrias with Cid if I get some of his abilities.

Dragner

If you guys are willing to wait for motes is ok, Ahriman can be destroyed easily by Alphinaud BSB RW so you can farm that later for 1 stamina each run.

Shadow780

Luneth diving options are crazy, 5* Spellblade, 4* Support and 5* Darkness, if you have his BSB add in Sky High and he's an absolute beast.

Edit: haha seems like I'm LTTP on Luneth hype too, he's probably the first character I pulled a BSB that made me feel like OP.

Xetherion

Yeah, Luneth with his BSB is bonkers. Enwind, wind/non so it's never resisted, auto stun on entry, 30% stun on cmd 1, atk/res bargain cmd 2, can use dark bargain as well making him self-sufficient for boosts, and can record dive for Tornado Strike for even stronger AOE wind if cmd 2 isn't cutting it.

I don't think Luneth is ever leaving my party again except when i do CM's in other realms.

He pretty much won the III CM's for me single-handedly, though having Ingus' hastega so I could RW Wall was also pretty crucial.

Czarcasm

Ended up doing two pulls on the first III banner. I now have everything on it but onion relics. I'll probably wait for it to show up again later as now there is too high a chance for dupes.

Balphon

Think I might pull on the Rinoa OSB banner. Quistis's BSB looks cool (Hail to the Queen is a rad name, to boot) and I could use something for Selphie.

Which of course means I'll get nothing but off-banner nonsense.

Yeah if you don't have a natural hastega I don't think the mote cm mission is winnable the aoe magic spam hits way too hard.

I don't and it was rather straightforward. My Arc is pretty stacked, though.

Dragner

Next FFVIII banners have the new OSB structure of 3 BSB/2BSB,1OSB with 9 relic stuff. Sadly for this event the off banner stuff is replaced for shared and non SB stuff. So unless you really need to pull here because you have no VIII synergy and cant pass the event I would consider wait for Raijin and Fujin event. Better banners and no Galbadian heavy armor.

Dragner

Yeah, might do that too. My mage synergy for FF8 is severely lacking but I'm not sure that I need to fix that super urgently.

Fujin Burst is one of the best mage burst (Is basically Vaan for mages) so if you want something for mages that banner seems better, is more magical focused too.

Balphon

Fujin Burst is one of the best mage burst (Is basically Vaan for mages) so if you want something for mages that banner seems better, is more magical focused too.

Unfortunately her stuff is on the banner with Seifer and Raijin's so I'd probably draw on the Quistis OSB (the also-rad-looking Doomtrain) one.

Still, I think I'll take your advice. I already have one Galbadian Armor I don't use.

alcheim

It's kinda counter inuitive to max out OK before he becomes really useful.

At that point he's at lv 99 with all mote unlocks --so I should be using another character in his slot instead.

Anustart

Fully dived ok. Beat Mote ifrit with OK, Bartz, Gilgamesh, Ramza and Rosa.

OK burst plus shout and full break, armor break and physical was stronk.

Tried numerous times with magic but wasnt happening. Downed him first try with the above team.

Gilgamesh being a tauntilate really helped.

My Onion Knight is fully unlocked on his record spheres. I ran out of 4 star motes working on Luneth since they buffed him too.

Might as well tackle Ifrit for those motes I've been holding off. A mage team is the only way to go against him? Only viable mage I have is OK. I need to level up Squall and Rinoa too. I don't have any relics for Squall and I'm bring Y'shotla for wall.
Hmm, I could bring Gilgamesh, Bartz and Ramza lol.

Anustart

My Onion Knight is fully unlocked on his record spheres. I ran out of 4 star motes working on Luneth since they buffed him too.

Might as well tackle Ifrit for those motes I've been holding off. A mage team is the only way to go against him? Only viable mage I have is OK. I need to level up Squall and Rinoa too. I don't have any relics for Squall and I'm bring Y'shotla for wall.
Hmm, I could bring Gilgamesh, Bartz and Ramza lol.

OK had magic break, shell, burst and mako might. Ramza had armor and full break, shout, the other rm that gives sb at start. Bartz blizzaga strike and snowspell strike, attunement 2, ssb. Gilgamesh had Life Siphon, Leeching leap which he never used, burst and one eyed general. Rosa had wrath, curaja, battleforged, ssb.

Rosa could probably be subbed for any other healer. ifrits spells were barely damaging me. had fire resist acc on everyone.

Yeah, Luneth with his BSB is bonkers. Enwind, wind/non so it's never resisted, auto stun on entry, 30% stun on cmd 1, atk/res bargain cmd 2, can use dark bargain as well making him self-sufficient for boosts, and can record dive for Tornado Strike for even stronger AOE wind if cmd 2 isn't cutting it.
Grannghegah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom