• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedan001

People waking up sleeping enemies! It's XI all over again! (XIV too I assume...)

Fun times! :)

Sleeping adds isn't as emphasized in XIV, it was a big deal in XI although. Good times indeed!

If SE ever considered a re-imagining of XI, I wonder if they will target the masochist audience again like Tanaka did for XI, Valkurm Dunes was an elimination process that led to tight-knit linkshell communities that endured the savage environments in newbie areas

XIV is WoW as XI is Dark Souls in my comparison

Got Ifrit down to more than half and he Meteor me for a ton of damage. My only fire resist accessory is Tetra Elemental. Gilgamesh kept me alive for a good while. So many soft resets, I'm getting annoyed. His fire damage hits for 2.2k with Tetra Elemental and Shellga and breakdowns. 3k+ without.

Screw it, gonna do Multiplayer.

thedan001

Got Ifrit down to more than half and he Meteor me for a ton of damage. My only fire resist accessory is Tetra Elemental. Gilgamesh kept me alive for a good while. So many soft resets, I'm getting annoyed. His fire damage hits for 2.2k with Tetra Elemental and Shellga and breakdowns. 3k+ without.

Screw it, gonna do Multiplayer.

I had trouble with ifrit mote dungeon for a while, then someone suggested Serah's BSB as RW with native trinity, tried it and won easy with OK as a mage (black mage dive of course) because of his high HP pool at lv99

I had trouble with ifrit mote dungeon for a while, then someone suggested Serah's BSB as RW with native trinity, tried it and won easy with OK as a mage (black mage dive of course) because of his high HP pool at lv99
I try looking for Serah's RW friend.

Anyone else having trouble joining rooms with 140 difficulty? I keep getting unable to join saying its full. Even with 1/4 raid party. People must be joining it quick and starting their missions? Nvm, I can't join a bunch of rooms or the raid leader gets disconnected and it disbands the party. Don't think its just me either. Connection problems everywhere.

Kenai

Airy Shield is such a troll. With that and Blaze Spikes up nothing was landing without problems. hearing x4 whiff noises from the landom speedup after lagging was fun tho

Edit: I know there are rewards for doing it (pretty good ones) but I wish they would seriously cut down on the stamina costs for these. I don't want to lose 20-60 stamina to random d/cing :(

Airy Shield is such a troll. With that and Blaze Spikes up nothing was landing without problems. hearing x4 whiff noises from the landom speedup after lagging was fun tho

Edit: I know there are rewards for doing it (pretty good ones) but I wish they would seriously cut down on the stamina costs for these. I don't want to lose 20-60 stamina to random d/cing :(

Don't think you lose Stamina if you d/c and you don't lose Stamina if you lose the fight. In fact, the Stamina is spent upon completion of the fight. I guess the only Stamina "loss" is missing Mastery.

Kenai

Don't think you lose Stamina if you d/c and you don't lose Stamina if you lose the fight. In fact, the Stamina is spent upon completion of the fight. I guess the only Stamina "loss" is missing Mastery.

Oh that is good then. i didn't actually check since I just did the 6 stamina one

Xetherion

IIRC the first multiplayer announcement said that the host will lose stamina if they d/c, but only the host.

thedan001

Once again, asking fellow gaffers for help with team builds

Since coming back, I'm feeling ready to work on a mage team now, would like some tips with this. I'm guessing BSB's will be good since it gives free nuke casts?

This is what I have so far... (that I think are the best candidates for my A team, mage meta)
The following characters have the SB's listed!

Tyro = breakdowns, Full/Multi Breaks. Wall SB and BSB

Onion K. = wild card, nuker/healer/breakdowns. BSB for hastega and magic+ boostga. Fully dived.

Selphie = healer, SSB for magic blink and BSB for magic+ boostga

Krile = nuker with summons if battles warrant it, SSB for hastega, magic+ boostga along with regen.

Vivi = nuker with fire bsb

Serah = nuker with ice bsb

Honorable mentions:

Locke = thief abilities along with BSB for fire imperil and mug weapon (Vivi's BFF)

Maria = SSB bow

Another healers that have BSB's are Aerith and Eiko, but I thought Selphie was better utilized

I am far from done with black magic hones but would like to start working on it so I won't have to struggle in battle situations that are advantageous to magic damage dealers. Again, I have poor knowledge with mage meta builds (aka, I've never tried it before)

If there are any notable banners with mage heavy relics to look out for, feel free to add it here as well

Dragner

Your mage team build alone.

Kryle(summons)
OK(support)
Vivi(fire nukes)
Serah(ice nukes)
Selphie(heals)
Rw : wall

As for future banner definitely FFXIV banner 1 is a stellar banner for you, Yshtola burst, Alphinaud burst and papalymo SSB all improve your team and the consolation prizes are all great (wall, boostga + guts)...

Other relics you should look for are Cid Raines Burst and Fujin Burst. Cid Raines is what makes mages broken in japan right now. So good.

Dragner

I have both bursts of that banner so I wont pull. Even for a new player the pool is terrible. You can do better with 25 mythril.

Wow that banner stinks.i have one of the bsbs three ssbs and a couple of the sbs. And my iv and vii synergy is great so id essentially be pulling for a xiii melee relic. Hmmm

Ok + summoner and some fillers really slayed the mp boss on solo mode. Phantasm is so good with onion.

I've seen where they keep hitting the dragon while asleep. Seen where Vaan BSB the Seeker with its Airy Shield up making it miss. I also seen a person just auto attack through the whole fight. Also went in with another raid party with no wall. That fight didn't last 2 minutes lol.
All those raid parties failed miserably.

That dragon kept resisting my Phantasm where I gave up and went all out on it. Didn't realize the mastery rewards were a couple of Major Non Elemental and Dark Orbs. Finally beaten 160+ MP difficulty again and got all the rewards this time.
That party I was with had Auron's Riot Blade, Bushido and Wakka's Status Reels. I got a lot of respect for debuff sb now. The damage was minimal. My Selphie got paralyzed for 3/4 of the fight and when she finally gets out, she gets petrified. Of all the luck......

MiTYH

Got Onion Knight to 99 and got all the tier 1 record sphere, but.... holy hell, I need a LOT of 4-star motes, and I'm no way near strong enough to take on this dungeon. Best I'm hoping for at this point is getting my 3 more OK motes to have coverage, then maybe starting down the sage path, since I think that's the only one I can hit level 2 on

What a busy weekend...

Beat everything in the III dungeon, still grinding for OK spheres (need 3 more.) Beat Ahriman fight with ease because OK is so stupid good. Getting OK and his Burst is seriously dropping the difficulty of this game down a tremendous amount.

Dragner

Got Onion Knight to 99 and got all the tier 1 record sphere, but.... holy hell, I need a LOT of 4-star motes, and I'm no way near strong enough to take on this dungeon. Best I'm hoping for at this point is getting my 3 more OK motes to have coverage, then maybe starting down the sage path, since I think that's the only one I can hit level 2 on

Basically almost all motes youll need for OK are given as reward for beating Mote ahriman. If you cant take it by yourself you can always try to cheese it with Luneth Burst or Cloud OSB RW.

thedan001

Your mage team build alone.

Kryle(summons)
OK(support)
Vivi(fire nukes)
Serah(ice nukes)
Selphie(heals)
Rw : wall

As for future banner definitely FFXIV banner 1 is a stellar banner for you, Yshtola burst, Alphinaud burst and papalymo SSB all improve your team and the consolation prizes are all great (wall, boostga + guts)...

Other relics you should look for are Cid Raines Burst and Fujin Burst. Cid Raines is what makes mages broken in japan right now. So good.

Sounds good, RW wall for battles that aren't drawn out too long? Should I switch to native wall for endurance type battles?

I was thinking of honing Chain Thundaja/Stoneja first to cover other elementals not covered by BSB commands

Dragner

Sounds good, RW wall for battles that aren't drawn out too long? Should I switch to native wall for endurance type battles?

Yeah if the battle drags out that youll need more casts of wall bring tyro in. But its rare that youll need more than 2 casts most of the time. With OK and sheepsong you will be nuking pretty hard.

thedan001

what kind of magic abilities would be good for mage teams?

Ruinga is a given

I don't have major orbs for honed chain abilities yet, will have to settle for -ja line, or just use max honed aga's with capped matk?

Meltdown should be the only 6* ability. Any worthwhile 5* ones to go for?

what kind of magic abilities would be good for mage teams?

Ruinga is a given

I don't have major orbs for honed chain abilities yet, will have to settle for -ja line, or just use max honed aga's with capped matk?

Meltdown should be the only 6* ability. Any worthwhile 5* ones to go for?

Don't sleep on ninja magic for the onion knight, thanks to the ninja cap, he is a beast using even mediocre stat sticks, particularly fully dived and with his Bsb.

Unfortunately we're a few s away from getting the summon orb daily, so outside of massively farming the late December orb fest, you are going to be stuck with black magic.

Does Luneth's Burst pop up much on later banners?
There hasn't been another FF3 event in Japan until just recently (the beginning of this month). Seeing as how Global is 6-7 months behind, Luneth and Onion's relics will only be in Festival / Lucky banners for the foreseeable future.

thedan001

I hear alot talk on XIV banner

checking bantha's website for future banners, I see one coming in like a couple weeks later and another one that has guts relic

people talking about which one? or both in general?

The upcoming XIV banner seems so-so to me, however, I don't have any XIV relics so I plan to do a pull and take whatever the game throws at me for XIV synergy

I hear alot talk on XIV banner

checking bantha's website for future banners, I see one coming in like a couple weeks later and another one that has guts relic

people talking about which one? or both in general?

The upcoming XIV banner seems so-so to me, however, I don't have any XIV relics so I plan to do a pull and take whatever the game throws at me for XIV synergy

The one with Y'shtola's Circlet BSB at the top.

Negator

Y'shtola and Alphinaud bursts are top shelf bursts and are among the best in the game. Minfilla burst is also very good and Papalymo's SSB bracers are also top shelf SSB material.

The consolation prizes are a wall and medica. Damn that banner is good.

Dont pull on the FF14 banner without Yshtola burst.

I have ystolas burst in Jp and she basically never leaves the party. Shellga and curaja for a few rounds until needed, then drop it and you are basically impenetrable. Whoever gets it is going to be in great shape.

Should show up in the next III event (mid-April according to Reddit)
There hasn't been another FF3 event in Japan until just recently (the beginning of this month). Seeing as how Global is 6-7 months behind, Luneth and Onion's relics will only be in Festival / Lucky banners for the foreseeable future.
Sigh; I guess I should follow "First Rule of Fight Club" since I'm the one who wrote it.

Dragner

Im gonna have 300 mythril ready for XIV banner. Targetting yshtola BSB alphinaud BSB papalymo SSB minfilia SSB and thyrus. Alphinaud SSB is pretty good also Minfilia Burst. 7 of 9 are above average.

thedan001

So... we're NOT getting a blank MC3 lode in the current FF3 event? I was budgeting my MC3 plans based on getting one today. :(

If you use OK's Lode III into OK itself, you should be fine with Lode III count unless you didn't plan on getting OK to Lv99?

Onion Knight is too incredible to pass up, he even heals better than lame Tyro, and using synergy in Nightmare using Selphie's BSB weapon can get 480 atk, 450 magic, and 450 mind simultaneously. Just too surreal.

I was super lucky and nabbed both OK and Luneth's Bursts in my 11-pull on Day 1 of the banner. Therefore, both of them made it on to my new Wind team (Luneth En-BSB, Faris Imperil SSB, OK BSB, Tyro BSB, Selphie SSB). I wanted to try and get their SSBs to supplement their ATK stat further. I did my second banner pull after looking up and seeing that we aren't getting another shot for months (outside of possibly Fests/LDs).

Result:
bYOk7KR.png
\o/
I was so scared when the orbs first popped up and I saw 1 rainbow and 10 silvers. Thankfully, I lucked out yet again!

thedan001

Don't know whether to pull for OK BSB tomorrow or save for Yshtola BSB. I have her SSB.

I already have Tyro's SG and BSB, so I didn't feel tempted for Yshtola, however, I can see Y'shtola's appeal

I checked the XIV banner and it only has Y'shtola's SSB and Stoneskin II relics? I hope I'm wrong

OK banner 1 has Luneth's sword along with OK's stuff so I spent my mythrils on that instead

My OK's stats while doing nightmare modes, still needs to dive red mage and sage trees, it's fun to play an actual hybrid that doesn't suck, and his BSB commands have physical and magical attacks.

lZcxDLYl.png

Wazzy

Banned
Yessss half pull is here! Only banner I'll pull on before VIII.

Anyway apparently this one really wanted me to have XIII gear because I pulled Serah's glove, Starseeker Bow AND Lightnings Overture.

Adeptrain

Sigh... I knew I shouldn't have pulled!! But the lucky 1/2 off was too strong... ㅠㅠ. Got one rainbow, Tellah's old unique star something rod... :/ sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom