• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are 100 gems even worth it in the age of guaranteed 5*?

If you have the cash to burn, it doesn't hurt. I usually load up $10 at a time and do one 100 gen pull per banner. It helps me feel like I'm still doing something inbetween periods where I'm hoarding for a specific banner.

And it pays off every once in a while - I just got Refia's BSB from a 100 gem pull.

Definitely. You'll once in awhile land a 5* and sometimes if you're only chasing one relic it's better if you get lucky and land it through that rather than spending 50 mythril.

Thanks gorl :D

And gratz again! That's an amazing 100 gem pull!
<3

I consider my 100 gems as my support for the developers for making this game that I've been playing for almost 2 years. I don't do one on every banner, but a few bucks a month I think is fair compensation for playing for free otherwise, and I don't mind chipping in to insure the future of the game. I don't, and I won't, do any other types of gem pulls, and I don't depend on the 100 gem pulls for anything, it's just a nice bonus when I get something good.

Tidd

Looks like I can get 50 Mythril before the FF3 banner ends. Hopefully this won't end with another 3 Onion Swords :(

FFIV: The After Years is officially coming to RK now with Ceodore and the Holy Dragoon Kain Wardrobe Record. I'm pumped.

Also, it's Record Keeper's turn again to earn rewards by collecting points in the Final Fantasy Portal App. The point goals are higher this time and there's a possibility of even more rewards tiers if last month's Mobius campaign is an indicator. Time to bust out the Triple Triad.

Kyari

I'm leaning towards Tidus for his BSB/OSB but his record dive only offers +3% water damage and 3* spellblade which isn't much (I typically do 80k-90k OSB in ultimate fights with BSB enwater active and record dive +water damage would only add 3k-4k more to that which is trivial compared to unlocking 5* abilities for other characters

3* spellblade is often enough to hit weaknesses in Ult and higher bosses for near 9999 damage anyway with shout or whatnot.

Til that onion knight can use whips and guns, making him even more versatile in a realm like viii wherein I have a whip and two guns and only two swords. It's been a while since I played through Iii, don't recall guns in one!

Anustart

Is the Stagger mechanic in FF XIII supposed to be fun? The battles in this game are amazingly unfun and damn it's hard to push forward.

Currently in the fifth ark after owning the game for like 2 years now.

WarAdept

Is the Stagger mechanic in FF XIII supposed to be fun? The battles in this game are amazingly unfun and damn it's hard to push forward.

Oddly enough, I found the battles in XIII to be the most engaging thing about that game. I played the game for the first time about 4 months back and it's so easy to run around with 3 Ravagers blasting everything into oblivion.

Abuse Sazh's Haste, abuse the fact that doing a Paradigm Shift completely refills your ATB bar every ~10-12 seconds. Won't even need a Commando to keep the Stagger Gauge from depleting. Also Lightning and Snow have the fastest casting animation, so if you want the best Ravagers, gear them up for Magic.

Yes but the game frustratingly restrics your party and class options for 25 hours when you finally get access to the whole party and all classes freely what 13's combat system was going for becomes crystal clear and its awesome.

Anustart

Yep. The battles were fun. Everything else not so much.

Maybe I'm just not fully understanding the battle system. Just been randomly changing to a paradigm that makes the stagger meter go up, switch to a sentinel if I start dying. Rinse and repeat.

Also there's a million different equips and no upgrade materials and I can't tell what I should even focus on.

WarAdept

Maybe I'm just not fully understanding the battle system. Just been randomly changing to a paradigm that makes the stagger meter go up, switch to a sentinel if I start dying. Rinse and repeat.

Also there's a million different equips and no upgrade materials and I can't tell what I should even focus on.

That's really all there is to it. Have a paradigm like Ravager/Ravager/Commando to start building the stagger gauge and switch to Ravager/Commando/Medic when you're low on HP. Once staggered, switch to Commando/Commando/Ravager (due to Commando's doing more damage when an enemy is staggered, Ravager is there to increase the damage multiplier even more) and when taking too much damage when the enemy is staggered, switch to Commando/Commando/Medic.

Sentinels aren't needed at all throughout the entirety of the game except for some endgame stuff.

If you're going to use Synergist, best do it yourself. The AI will just spam all buffs, regardless of whether you need them or not. Maining Sazh and using Haste on yourself then the other 2 members before switching to an offensive Paradigm will make your life a lot easier.

For trash, I tend to roll a deck like this. Obviously it depends on what characters you're using and your gear as well but small adjustments can be made to suit your playstyle:

1. Ravager/Ravager/Ravager
2. Ravager/Ravager/Commando
3. Commando/Commando/Ravager
4. Commando/Medic/Medic
5. Synergist/Synergist/Saboteur
6. whatever

I tend to flick between 1 and 2 a lot to exploit the Paradigm Shift ATB trick. 3 is exclusively for staggered targets. 4 is healing when needed. 5 is for harder mobs/bosses.

EDIT: As for gear, have a very clear mind on what you want each of your characters doing. Because it makes things much easier to gear if they are focused on one role and the AI performs much better.

Nothing worse than a Ravager Lightning alternating between spellstrikes and spells (this is super slow and makes for a terrible Ravager, pump her Atk or Mag up exclusively and she will become much better).

As for gear upgrades, they're found in the world, as drops and can be bought at save points. Usually named after some sort of flora/fauna motif or machinery.

Anustart

hmm, i have virtually no ff8 synergy, but that alphinaud burst looks like infinite summons....

and fest coming up.. stay strong little anustart

WarAdept

PEW PEW TIME (aka I have no more MBO)

Lyfz0FP.jpg
UyCPq72.jpg

I told myself that after 3 11x pulls on the FFIII banner I'd stop. I did two more and still no OK BSB. I now have a 5*++, soon to be 5*+++ Dagger, and a 5*+ wind boost spear and holy boost robe at least. Would have liked to have gotten another spear to make it easier to hit the ATK cap with Luneth in other realms, but oh well.

Not sure if I want to pull on this lucky banner, though I might not get enough mythril before it ends anyways.

Completed all story dungeons including elite ones. 172 stamina finally. One stamina shard short of 173. Got my Agrias to 99 too. Now to do the rest of VIII events, motes dungeon, multiplayer, dailies or nightmare dungeons whenever they come back.
Started this game at launch and got Tidus for early registration. Didn't come back until the 1 year anniversary back in March. I didn't even have Cloud when I came back. I just completed the tutorial and stopped haha. Took roughly 9 months to catch up.
Is there an easier way to get 4 star motes than just mote dungeons?? Once you complete them all, is that it?

Completed all story dungeons including elite ones. 172 stamina finally. One stamina shard short of 173. Got my Agrias to 99 too. Now to do the rest of VIII events, motes dungeon, multiplayer, dailies or nightmare dungeons whenever they come back.
Started this game at launch and got Tidus for early registration. Didn't come back until the 1 year anniversary back in March. I didn't even have Cloud when I came back. I just completed the tutorial and stopped haha. Took roughly 9 months to catch up.
Is there an easier way to get 4 star motes than just mote dungeons?? Once you complete them all, is that it?

Yeah like mc3s they're basically super rationed for the foreseeable future even in Japan.

Reminder that part 2 of the raid dungeons, the FFIII event and the mote dungeons all close tonight. Given the raid dungeons have mythril and I'm not sure they return (they do say beta) they should be a priority after FFIII (had a great gaffe on Ult++, I got some idea to run carbuncle and reta meta then got hammered by drain and AoE...also Luneth who was to be my major damage dealer got KOd fairly early on and I decided to see how much further I could go).

For the dark dragon mage meta is the way to go (especially as you want it to sleep) and maybe the same could be said for Porphyrion (I tried mixed and wound up with BSSB Auron barely soloing the last 10%). Black Friday was good for me with mage bursts.

MrDaravon

FINALLY got the goddamn CM done on the FFX mote dungeon, I have no FFX synergy besides the freebie weapons and Wakka's original SB, and I have always had such terrible luck getting sleep to land :(. Still not even trying the FF8 one yet lol.

Still undecided if I want to pull on FF3 again, I'm back up to like 90 mythril. I already have OK's sword, Desche's enThunder sword, and Arc's SB and SSB, so my FF3 synergy isn't super terrible but OK BSB. I'll probably pass, but it's still tempting (as is pulling on the Tyro banner to try to get Shout again).

How viable is the multiplayer content solo? I know it content with mythril attached ends today so I'm trying to clear stuff and the 60 stamina cost of the ultimate boss had me hesitant to try solo. Day 1 player with tons of trinity and bssb if it matters.

Dragner

How viable is the multiplayer content solo? I know it content with mythril attached ends today so I'm trying to clear stuff and the 60 stamina cost of the ultimate boss had me hesitant to try solo. Day 1 player with tons of trinity and bssb if it matters.

You can do everything solo U+ dragon can be problematic because theres a ton of status effects going on. But whats the point?. I get it for the U and less but U+ should be played in multiplayer. Its more fun.

Xetherion

Solo is completely viable. I did all the content solo last night. According to reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...iplayer_raid_dungeon_open_beta_phase_2_enemy/, the bosses have different stats for Solo, most importantly they have regular cast times in Solo mode instead of instant cast like they do in MP.

Edit: From what people have said on here and reddit, MP is full of idiots who don't know what they're doing. Doesn't sound like fun to me.

Yeah I had the smart idea to try the ult + since it was 1 stamina managed to beat the giant fight after a few s/l haven't tried dark dragon cause the sleep condition makes me cringe.

Thanks for the info though, I assume down the road the 200 difficulty bosses will mandate multiplayer

Edit: Dark Dragon was actually a joke Gilgamesh bssb basically trivialized the dragon after seeker was dead

Anustart

I made a cash sacrifice and the gods smiled upon me.

CyxZHZvUUAAAbAb.jpg

Don't tempt me! I have luneth at 99 and really want his spear or anything for him rather than Tyrfing! But I also really want zell's bsb :( And alphinaud! I have no mythril and I must shout!

From what people have said on here and reddit, MP is full of idiots who don't know what they're doing. Doesn't sound like fun to me.

Last night I got lucky, got 2 party's of smart players last night. We would have downed him on first try but I got disconnected, then the very next team I assembled knew how to play as well. Me and another guy brought Gilgamesh which turned out to be a smart play. His grand slam misses after gilg burst/ability and only us 2 gilg's and my onion knight were alive at the end.

Don't tempt me! I have luneth at 99 and really want his spear or anything for him rather than Tyrfing! But I also really want zell's bsb :( And alphinaud! I have no mythril and I must shout!
That was my fourth pull overall (first three (with Mythril) did not get any Burst), and Luneth is probably my favorite character in Record Keeper. I got a $100 iTunes card for 20% off so I was like "screw it, let's get dangerous." I was ready for either Burst. When I saw Luneth's spear pop with one left I was like "YES BOTH I GOT EM BOTH" but then saw another spear, which was also fine (combined and augmented to max).

So now I have two rogue cash pulls to use somewhere down the line.

I changed my Roaming Warrior to Luneth's Burst, unless I should still stick to a support one?

thedan001

I made a cash sacrifice and the gods smiled upon me.

CyxZHZvUUAAAbAb.jpg

Grats!

I got lucky with OK banners too

First pull on OK banner 1 = Luneth's polearm, 2x OK's glove, OK's sword and Arc's robe

I planned to pull on OK's banner 2 so I can do mage SSB that does medica also to expand his utility

Pull results

rQ1lG2bl.png

2 pulls with 5x relics, geez

Onion Knight has a perma spot in my A-team now!

I got a lot accomplished today, cleared all of the first wave multiplayer battles (90% of players in U+ are idiots, sigh), did all of the III bonus battles and cleared the III mote dungeon. I even went back and did the Cid Mission for the U+ since my synergy is not only ridiculous, but extremely balanced, did it without a sweat.

I still have the VIII and II mote dungeons, next time though.

First pull on OK banner 1 = Luneth's polearm, 2x OK's glove, OK's sword and Arc's robe

2 pulls with 5x relics, geez

Onion Knight has a perma spot in my A-team now!
Sweet mercy.

I just realized I did one of the new bosses as opposed to the one that ended tonight &#128560;

Had just enough stamina to beat the one that actually ends tonight

Kenai

I am usually up for helping people with MP stuff if I know they need me. I have had good luck with randos though. I have a Yshtola with all 3 SBs covering my bases like a tent (really she is my MVP, SS if we don't have it and Pro/She/Regen if we do, OR clutch Esunas) and have been using Luneth for interrupt-the-boss-for-2-days trolling. Can use Faris and Pcecil and Ramza and Beatrix too if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom