• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xetherion

Once you get to the point of having 20% of all SSBs and BSSBs for three different realms, I feel like getting a dupe isn't such a bad thing. A 6/7/8 star stat stick probably helps more than a sixth character potentially joining your A-team?

Most of them are concentrated in VI and IX though. I need more XIII and especially XIV gear.

Also they are all for physical characters or healers, i want some mage DPS stuff.

Also all my IX weapons are swords, I could actually use some different weapon types for that realm too.

So i have plenty of reasons for not wanting dupes.

4/11 Lucky Draw, 2 dupes, a weapon for Vivi that I will never ever use (I have his BSB) and I am already capped on MAG weapon in IX. The only "useful" thing is a Tin Armor for Steiner for Imperil Fire. Wow... 4/11 on a BSB/SSB banner and I am upset, I would trade it all for many different 1/11. Oh and STOP GIVING ME DUPE HOPE RELICS!

Dragner

IuKnxT4l.jpg

I take it.

Xetherion

3/11 on LD, 2 dupes. Dupe Chocobo Brush and dupe Peacemaker. New relic was Setzer's Fixed Dice. It inflicts an ATK/RES debuff, which could be handy against physical bosses i guess.

Balphon

Probably should have known I'd draw a dupe of an item I just got from the BF draw despite only having 4 of the 52 relics in the pool.

These luckies hate me.

Hmm got Eiko's BSSB, not sure if this is better or not than Aeris'. The holy damage from White Materia never seems to do more than 5 or 6k even with imperil holy from Beatrix's BSSB, so maybe adding a physical blink with the first burst command on Eiko's BSSB would be worth not doing damage.

WarAdept

Hmm got Eiko's BSSB, not sure if this is better or not than Aeris'. The holy damage from White Materia never seems to do more than 5 or 6k even with imperil holy from Beatrix's BSSB, so maybe adding a physical blink with the first burst command on Eiko's BSSB would be worth not doing damage.

It's one of the best BSB's. Entry medica gives the entire party +50% crit, which is a HUGE boost in damage output.

thedan001

Pulled on lucky draw

Fang BSB
Kefka SSB
Gau SSB

The bsb spear does imperil wind and is a dragoon, nice combo with luneth's bsb and sky dive

Not a shabby pull

Steiner SSB
Papalymo SSB
Vivi BSB

Was debating whether to save for XIV as I had only 33 Mythril but I will take that for damn sure.

No dupes whatsoever.

Freya ssb with enwind. Not the worst lucky pull I've had lately (thank you fusoya rod in the revenges pull) since I've unlocked sky high with luneth, nombrainer to drop five motes on Freya to do some crazy enwind damage with her.

Czarcasm

Got Kuja's Punisher

If I can get Shadow's Burst I can put together a decent darkness team to make use of Garland's Imperil-Dark Armor

Got Kuja's Punisher

If I can get Shadow's Burst I can put together a decent darkness team to make use of Garland's Imperil-Dark Armor

I have been looking at this. I have Garland's Imperil Dark, Gabranth's Endark that deals 6 physical dark attacks, Kuja's 8 Dark attacks and his Endark SB and Vivi 4 AoE Dark magic. With OK BSB as a RW, this begin to sound viable.

Wazzy

Banned
I managed 4 new with this pull. Vivi BSB, Beatrix Ragnarok, Vanille BSB and Fang SSB. I'm cool with this since these are the two realms I needed better Synergy.

I'm back to 0 mythril but I should have plenty of events to save for Rai and Fuu event.

I managed 4 new with this pull. Vivi BSB, Beatrix Ragnarok, Vanille BSB and Fang SSB. I'm cool with this since these are the two realms I needed better Synergy.

I'm back to 0 mythril but I should have plenty of events to save for Rai and Fuu event.
That's a great pull! Vanille's BSB is especially useful. :D

Here's my haul...
Peacemaker is a dupe but the other two are new. I'm pleased with it. Steiner is my favourite FFIX character~

Lets see, I have 11/52.
Celes SSB - Excalibur
Locke SSB - Valiant Knife
Shadow SSB - Ichigeki
Dagger BSB - Dagger of Resolve
Dagger SSB - Wizard Rod+++
Freya SSB - Trident
Beatrix BSB - Lightbringer
Lightning BSB - Overture
Lightning SSB - Peacemaker
Vanille's SSB - Physician's Staff
Yda's SSB - Sphairai

Still gonna pull because there are some great prizes in here.
Watch me get 1/11, Wizard Rod...

I didn't get any of the big, heavy hitters. However, I'm happy with the pull.
1 dupe, 1 new.

Trident at level 25 it is now my third strongest non-RS weapon @ 141 ATK, following two Ultima Sword (IX) +++ @ 149.
My FFIX synergy keeps getting stronger as well: Those three relics + Lightbringer, Cat's Claws, Gladius+++, Dagger of Resolve and Wizard Rod+++.

The Air Knives (XIV) were not something I was pulling for, but will actually be a big boon come January. Dash Bite is an upcoming Wind Physical Thief 5* ability that is 3.3x/2 or 3.7x/2 with a Dagger equipped. I have Faris's Imperil Wind SSB, so Dash Bite will be great with a +Wind Dagger and Imperil. Then there is the SSB itself. Thancred's Hastega will combo well with Yda's Boostga SSB.

Wazzy

Banned
That's a great pull! Vanille's BSB is especially useful. :D

Here's my haul...

Peacemaker is a dupe but the other two are new. I'm pleased with it. Steiner is my favourite FFIX character~

Gratz on your pulls! It's always great to have new relics.

These damn lucky banners always tempt me to pull lol

Got 2/11. Ironically both from FF9. Quina's Golden Hairpin and Steiner's Tin Armor. I wanted any BSB lol. Steiner's Sword Art Firaga wouldn't stack with Locke's Phoenix Mirage right? Oh, they both cause Imperil Fire. I guess I can rotate the buff between the two. Quina is pretty much dead to me since I still use Ramza as RW. Oh, it adds a small boost to water damage. I guess that could be useful if I get imperil water buff somewhere.

thedan001

Got 2/11.. Quina's Golden Hairpin and Steiner's Tin Armor.

Even in Japan, it's the only armour that boosts water damage. And I want it.

I'm running Tidus BSB for enwater then OSB for damage with enwater sword and quina's hairpin, it's smexy. I use Sapphire Shot also for freebie 2x 9999k.

Quina's hairpin is amazing for this

I'm gonna try to pull for Rikku's BSB whenever it comes back to get imperil water effect and that will be gravy.

Adeptrain

This banner snuck up on me and I don't have enough mythrils ㅠㅠ. Currently trying to run enough story missions to get 25.

Kain

1/11 Zidane's BSSB... Which might not seem so hot until I tell you I got Luneth's BSSB recently, so wind bros forever and all that.

3/11 on lucky draw:
SSB: Hope - I have his BSSB so that could be a combo (though given BSSB command 1 is x13.44 and the SSB is going to be 1.8x17.92 you would need quite a bit of SB gague for it to be a better long term play than just bursting again).
SSB: Fang - 50% Atk/Mag down. Cool. Was she on the debuff banner?
BSSB: Eiko - Seems like an interesting one to play. Do I still bring healing spells on Eiko or do I rely on always being in burst so able to use the curaja+blink command?

1/11 Zidane's BSSB... Which might not seem so hot until I tell you I got Luneth's BSSB recently, so wind bros forever and all that.
Zidaine's BSSB was my first one. I still use it regularly, the commands are nice support (mug power, mug defence) but yeah it isn't super DPS and kind of outclassed by Vaan (faster commands, debuff only and mag rather than atk) but use what you've got.

thedan001

BSSB: Eiko - Seems like an interesting one to play. Do I still bring healing spells on Eiko or do I rely on always being in burst so able to use the curaja+blink command?

I found good mileage out of it with 2 healer set up and letting 2nd healer do medica's while eiko uses the blink cures

Another nice usage is with draw fire tank

Otherwise, you end up using the medica burst command against bosses that are aoe-spammy

WarAdept

Unless you have one of the SB generation RMs (or the boss spams AoE like no tomorrow) you'll still need a healing spell in between Burst downtime. Keep in mind that the doublecast White RM works on the burst commands for some insane healing (at the cost of something like Dr. Mog/Ace Striker/etc.

So choose which is best for you.

Because her BSB is so good, she's a prime candidate for Curada for that extra layer healing.

MiTYH

Pulled and went 1/11, got Beatrix's Lightbringing, which deals holy damage to all, lowers their holy resistance, and deals more damage if no allies are KO'd. So, all around pretty good, and it's new too

With Orbfest on it's way, I've been trying to run through story mode that I forgot existed for a while. With my now-higher strength and these damage-cap breaking friend summons, normal stages are a joke.

Got Expert on The Dawn of Time Ultimate++. I couldn't kill the last one before she casted Ulimate Ultima, but looking at the mastery rewards, its not worth it.

Cagnazzo is annoying. Had to hone enough thundaga, Chain Thundaga and Thundaga Strike from getting Tsunami right at the start.

My Y'shotla died right at the very end on both Ultimate+ for the Rematch Dungeon, but I cleared it all. Ok, back to clearing story dungeons again.

now that I have two enwind dragoons, I'm sorely tempted to create a second sky high and try out a 5 dragoon team:

Luneth BSB/Dr Mog Sky High
Freya SSB/Mako Might Sky High
Kain Dragoon Jump
Tyro Lightning Dive
Cid Leaching Leap

rnd 1: summon rw with cid, pop the sbs, tyro with armor breakdown
rnd 2: everybody jump
rnd 3: everybody jump

wonder how much damage I can deal with a start like that on a non-wind imperiled/weak boss. the danger of course is dropping the mob to weak mode and getting waxed due to no mitigation and no healing (besides the leaching leap). maybe start with a first round of full break from tyro and power/magic breakdown from freya before popping the sb's.

1/11

Pulled Sahz's Super, which is pretty terrible. Now I have Boon and his his other one. He can do Shellga and Protectga. yay... :/

GF pulled Hope's Burst and Terra's SSB. which was an amazing pull for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom