• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

Well Tauntilate completely trivialized Chasing Hope's +++ battle. All medals.

I'm at a bit of a loss. After the rush that was Orbfest and the Barret/Hope events in between, to have some downtime to actually do dungeons has made me go "now what?"

Still haven't done anything with all the orbs I've collected through Orbfest. No Valefor crafted, Ruinga still at R1, don't even have Carbuncle. I'd love to go full mage but my pulls have only yielded Swords so Advance has always been my go to strat.

One stamina shard until I am caught up on dungeons containing shards and it is those blasted Lunasaurs. As for dungeons in general a few from DU10 leftover (1 FFX...2 if we count mastering, 1 FFVIII).

Ogopogo was a prime example of why mitigation matters. Shelga+Magic Breakdown+Full Break and it was doing double digit damage with deluge (it opened with quad digit damage...twice). One thing during that dungeon was the normal mobs. I would S/L whenever doom was cast on me as I had no idea if it carried forward or was forgotten at the end of the battle due to never encountering doom outside of bosses.

I'm at a bit of a loss. After the rush that was Orbfest and the Barret/Hope events in between, to have some downtime to actually do dungeons has made me go "now what?"

Still haven't done anything with all the orbs I've collected through Orbfest. No Valefor crafted, Ruinga still at R1, don't even have Carbuncle. I'd love to go full mage but my pulls have only yielded Swords so Advance has always been my go to strat.
Misfortune or whatever they name them here will eventually be upon us. Bosses with lots of conditions to meet limiting abilities we can bring if we want medals and they have stronger patterns at <50% HP.

I've done little with my orbs too. I made full break and honed ruinga (which is great for dalies) but I don't feel I need an awful lot else.

This reminds me: does anyone know what the attack softcap in Japan was like about the same time for them? I know we have had softcap raises pushed forward.

Wreeeeeeeecked the FF13 ex bosses. Used a full 13 party, no cures, gave hope kirin and firaja and vanille diaga and protectga. Sahz was support with power and armor breakdown, 6 charges each, alternated every other turn. Light was pure damage with pound and launch, and snow tanked with draw fire (used about 3 times) and power break in case i ran out of downs. Won with 02 on the doom clock. Champion.

I forgot to mention something amusing I did for ++ and +++ battles in FFXIII. I gave Snow the innocence RM. While it rarely activated it was amusing to see Snow take 200 damage then counter mend healing for 500.

FFV Forest of Moore Elite was pretty easy. I also finished the FF1 elites. Gotta finish this boss fight in the second to last FF2 elite and then gonna jump into the FF6 event.

Falk

that puzzling face
I see Ultros, I see the "It's me again, did you miss me" dialogue boxes and I think to myself "oh no, here we go again
with unfunny people making reddit threads about it
"

Falk

that puzzling face
Another Lucky Draw at the anniversary event, I guess? Heh.

(By that time we'll be rolling in different unique 5*s to draw though)

Jyrii

Banned
Weird. I had 98 followers on my FL, but today I got notification of 4 new followers added.

Does it start to remove non-active contacts after reaching 100?

Falk

that puzzling face
It cycles out the oldest non-mutual followers you have.

edit: non-mutual. I have no idea how I typed lol-mutual.

Falk

that puzzling face
So I stuck r4 Ruinga and r5 Ifrit on Strago and he's suddenly not terrible.

Mediocre thanks to the power of brute-force hones, but not terrible.

:'(

Does Record Keeper ever get Blue Magic? It's so weird to see so many blue mage characters in this game without their unique abilities brought over.

Nohar

My 4*++ Gravity Scepter is going to destroy this event.

As far as hones go, I can have Thundaja R4 (currently R3), Firaga R3 (currently R2) on top of Ruinga R4, Quake R3 and Waterja R4. Just need a few more orbs for Valefor R5 and Meteor R2, but I will gain those during this event. Could also hone Diaga a few (currently R2). I think I have everything I need for a going full mage if I want to (I could use one more 5* rod though).

Went through classic half of this event (on one stamina bar too, thanks 140 max and 7 stages) with people who I needed RM2 to drop. Got Gladiator and Ninja down. So that leaves Red XIII and Kimahri, the latter is now level 61 :(

Here is a tragic thought. The default SB for Setzer is dice roll where rolling a one will deal 1 damage but rolling a 6 would be 6666. Considering how his relic SB is 4*0.9 (but chance to blind) there are situations where the default SB can be stronger (if you S/L to roll a 6) but then again the same is true of Kimahri (e.g. Mighty Guard is useless against Alexander).

edit: Enemies have blue magic. I was surprised to see Ultros use level 3 confuse (confusing the then level 60 Kimahri).

MicH

Yeah, he's actually useful now. Hopefully we get that buff soon.

Also looks like all banners up to Sephiroth MC2 have been translated. No Rift of Recollection so far, though

Nohar

Doesn't mean they won't add Blue Magic. Frankly, Strago should have been able to cast 5* Black Magic from the start. Without these buffs he was really underwhelming.

That being said, Strago may become a very interesting character if he does get Blue Magic: 5* Black Magic, 5* Blue Magic, 4* Summon and 3* White Magic will make him the perfect archmage and a very adaptable character (that being said, his Intelligence is noticably behind several other characters, so I guess he will be better used as an utility caster ultimately).

Although, that raises the question of what Relm's skillset will look like. 5* Black Magic and 5* Summon? Unless they make her a sage/white mage (FFVI is lacking good characters with high Mind).

Strago and Kimahri were extremely underpowered before, at least now they can be viable while we wait for Blue Magic. Quistis and Quina may be buffed in the meantime too, but they could at least contribute meaningfully before.

Also looks like all banners up to Sephiroth MC2 have been translated. No Rift of Recollection so far, though
Relics covering those events have been translated (that mistake on banner 55 FFV has been fixed now, it is now the FFV Kotetsu rather than the FFVI version). SSBfest has not been translated.

Given how we are missing two events (FFII and FFIII due to being colab) I wouldn't be surprised if Rift of Recollection has been pushed back so to speak. Some of the relics from those might be in in the SSBfest like how the Edward/Mog stuff ended up in the last SBfest but considering one of the highlights is Ignus getting Lunatic High...in shield form *sigh* maybe not.

Intimidate is making this event quite the breeze so far.

Did anyone encounter Deathgaze? Didn't pop for me but tempted to re-run it a few times to help get some levels on Setzer & Celes in preparation for Bonus Battles.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have no idea how to play the game without the orb festival now.

I'm expected to level this new characters from level 1 using normal dungeons? What are they thinking??? lol

Jyrii

Banned

I'm expected to level this new characters from level 1 using normal dungeons? What are they thinking??? lol

No, level them with experience eggs to lv 40 and then use them in (exp) dungeons.

Falk

that puzzling face
Intimidate is making this event quite the breeze so far.

Hahah yeah intimidate has been quite the staple for FF6 events.

There was quite a long ongoing joke every time Ultima Weapon showed up that you just wanted to hone intimidate one more rank.

Sunday daily. There's a rhythm that lasted me a good few months where I'd egg characters to 50, then do the Sunday daily to boost them even further, and then the eggs from this event + this bunch of Sunday runs would go into feeding the next character over to 50, and so on.

(This meant that entire Sunday stam was set aside purely for XP daily though)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it's worse with this event since there are three characters. I don't have that many major growth eggs to go around sadly.

I think during Orb Fest I took over 10 characters from 1 to 50... that was a fun time. lol

Falk

that puzzling face
Technically you don't really even need to egg Strago. He's almost equally useless at 50 and 65 and you're better off bringing Vivi or Rinoa anyway.

MicH

or Terra, who has better HP
AND synergy :p

I'm almost tempted to give Setzer my 4*++ Moonring throwing weapon (though I need the max the level) as its my only decent throwing weapon and it has VI synergy. But he will have my Zantsuken for now

Kaiterra

Banned
Took Celes up through the first half of this FFVI event solo to get her from Lv47 to Lv50. She could one hit everything and took no notable damage except from Sap but it was still really painful because there are a lot of enemies here that inflict blind, confuse, both or both at the same time. >_>

Falk

that puzzling face
or Terra, who has better HP

I knew that

i fail

edit: Setzer is 1 of 3 sword-using support*, and out of the two that can use 5* (for Full Break, RIP Vaan) has higher ATK by a far margin. Quite a nice niche, I guess.

*not counting Tyro who's a mongrel

edit2: Strago's RM is +10% water damage, identical to Arc.

Jyrii

Banned
woah 4* Crystal sword (VI) from daily free relic and I had one already.

Maybe a bit useless though, since I have Kiku-ichimonji, Zantetsuken+ and Partisan

Red Mage

Man, doing core dungeons again, and I really miss the Japanese UI. Not having to switch between worlds makes it so much faster.

FF13 event was so boring and easy:(

I love it when they try to make the events accurate to the games. = x

Yeah definitely don't have time for Strago right now lol. Party at the moment is Celes, Setzer, Mog, Sabin and Kain. Will rotate in Terra, Y'Shtola and Cloud for the harder stuff in favour of the latter 3.
I've given Setzer that Halloween Blitzball and having him spam Intimidate and Power/Magic Breakdown from the back row - seems pretty effective.

Falk

that puzzling face
I love it when they try to make the events accurate to the games. = x

Don't think it'd be doable with the game's current framework, but a boss that's a nod to FFXIII's battle system would be all kinds of cool

Magic does very little damage but stacks up a +damage buff, when the +damage buff reaches 100, it goes to 200 (3x damage), then you go nuts with physical attacks.

(Of course, everyone would just run mage meta with a retaliate bot)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The 13 event should have culminated with grinding Adamantoise for 60 hours to get rare drops to upgrade weapons you don't need in order to get a platinum trophy that's worthless and only unlocks a theme.
(Admittedly I used that FF13 theme for a long time because Lightning is Rightning).

Razmos

fZ1hV5V.png

Kinda looks like a banner for a slash fic story

MrDaravon

Well I didn't have to wait long to get Terra lol

I really need drops from different realms though, every time I go through my inventory I swear 90% of my stuff is from the same 3 realms. Now I'm stuck on the character level grind.

Red Mage

So, I hope I run into deathgaze in the Setzer event.

Don't think it'd be doable with the game's current framework, but a boss that's a nod to FFXIII's battle system would be all kinds of cool

Magic does very little damage but stacks up a +damage buff, when the +damage buff reaches 100, it goes to 200 (3x damage), then you go nuts with physical attacks.

(Of course, everyone would just run mage meta with a retaliate bot)

I was talking about it being boring and easy. = P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom