• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

I will go for Minfilia SSB as my guts source. Easy to pull on a really strong banner and having OK burst it stacks nicely. I dont like relm burst...cura level medica its like going back to 2015. Her command 1 is really good but Yshtola has it too with a way better entry mode.

MrDaravon

Finally got around to doing the Rematch battles; I couldn't do any of these originally, here I completely crushed all of them with Mastery on my first try. Fuck, on Cagnizzo (sp) I accidentally brought the wrong skills and couldn't even dispel his Haste and still destroyed him.

feelsgoodman

Anustart

Gogo is finally coming, but it's the one from FFV.

Record Sphere are going to be getting an update too, and soon we'll be voting on accessories from an Xmas event. (Though the accessories are originally from the White Day event they had in Japan earlier this year that we missed.)

Are those junk accessories only thing we get for christmas or does dena get loose with the mythril?

Really hoping we get OSB fest around the same time as the orb fest! I've got a lot of great relics, but I've yet to get an OSB or a BSB/SSB for a knight character (and I really like bringing knights with me so my white mage doesn't have to hold both protect and shell).

I pulled Eiko's BSB on that lucky banner, but my Vanille SSB has an ether effect that is just too good to give up, so I'm sticking with her.

So after 20 something years General Leo is finally in my party.

But without shock.

I drew my first 4-rainbow haul ever, but it was 2x Cyan's SSB and 2x Setzer's SSB. Cyan's katana is now my strongest weapon, and Setzer's can possibly full break multiple enemies which is awesome. But man I kinda want to draw again for shock. Dumb.

Are those junk accessories only thing we get for christmas or does dena get loose with the mythril?
We don't know yet. There's supposedly more events to be announced later this month.

They're also doing on online mini game thing like they did on Halloween, so I imagine we'll have a chance to earn Mythril there also.

(Friendly reminder for everyone to keep collecting points in the Portal app this month too so we can get even more Mythril.)

Dragner

In the latest JP report they announced a week without event(23d). May be something special or maybe FFXV.

Every SE announced already a FFXV so record keeper having one makes sense. The strange thing is that they are not talking about it openly. It maybe be one of those rare things we get at same time as Japan. Having a promotional event 6 months later doesnt make any sense.

MiTYH

Caved and pulled on this banner. Went 1/11, got Leo's Imperial Highblade. Not what I wanted, but it's new so I don't mind!

Kyari

Posted this in the discord but

Uhh... Did they make it so crit bonus buffs now overwrite fixed crit% moves?

Running multiplayer and Porom's SSB was causing exploding fist to constantly land 4-5 crits.

I'm happy that I drew Edgar's OSH, really but what on earth do I do with it? I'ge been running debuff/knights forever (Vaan BSB with either lightning BSB, Pecil BSB as backups native Ramza/shout and either y'shtola (wall) or Aerith (BSB) as healing)

I mean doing 76k damage to seifer in his ++ battle was awesome. But I don't know what to do.

WarAdept

Posted this in the discord but

Uhh... Did they make it so crit bonus buffs now overwrite fixed crit% moves?

Running multiplayer and Porom's SSB was causing exploding fist to constantly land 4-5 crits.

Higher critical % takes precedence.

What is going on in this discussion?

Reddit FFRK Talk

It's like they're speaking a foreign language. Looked at the date to see how old but seems current...

Ultimate battles have a 5% chance to drop Crystals. It's why you see people running around with R2 Meltdown in MP. The discussion is whether people think it's worth refreshing to get said 6* skills honed for those rates.

Dragner

Reddit completionist, Ive seen people there spending 600 mythril on orbfest refreshes just to hone every obscure skill to R5, so watching them spamming Ultimates for days just for a small chance at crystals is just Reddit being Reddit.

Reddit completionist, Ive seen people there spending 600 mythril on orbfest refreshes just to hone every obscure skill to R5, so watching them spamming Ultimates for days just for a small chance at crystals is just Reddit being Reddit.

Farming for R2 Meltdown is not a bad idea. It's got SSB-tier damage, has normal cast time, has 3 elements, and can be equipped by a massive amount of BLM. 50-60 mythril to farm that many may sound absurd, but it'll undoubtedly provide a noticeable boost in power.

Also, a lot of them use a tool that can check the drops when the battle begins, so if they don't see a crystal/major, they just flee the battle and try again. That would save a ton of time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, obvious question, but for the purposes of the RM that boost SB meter when attacking (like Ramza's), do burst commands count as "attack" commands?

Dragner

Farming for R2 Meltdown is not a bad idea. It's got SSB-tier damage, has normal cast time, has 3 elements, and can be equipped by a massive amount of BLM. 50-60 mythril to farm that many may sound absurd, but it'll undoubtedly provide a noticeable boost in power.

Also, a lot of them use a tool that can check the drops when the battle begins, so if they don't see a crystal/major, they just flee the battle and try again. That would save a ton of time.

Its not a bad idea but also not a great one, you dont need to use Meldown to complete any content, everybody will get there eventually and for long hard fights like Torment dungeons is still useless at R2 unless you use an ether burst like Alphinauds, and in that case, R1 is the same as R2.

So, obvious question, but for the purposes of the RM that boost SB meter when attacking (like Ramza's), do burst commands count as "attack" commands?

Yes.

Balphon

Yes, though I believe most/all burst commands have the same base SB gain as a normal attack (50) rather than that of a 3*-5* ability (60).

Anustart

Ugh. I wish I could trash/sell these fucking unique/shared soul breaks. Hate having to constantly go in and unequip these worthless shits.

Ugh. I wish I could trash/sell these fucking unique/shared soul breaks. Hate having to constantly go in and unequip these worthless shits.

I can't tell you how many times I've started an ultimate and has ghee battle to realize tyro was equipped with his celebration and cyclone grimoire and not sentinel. Frustrating.

I haven't done it yet, probably try 160 tonight. Any tips? I've played FFXIV so I'm aware of boss mechanics, but it's FFRK
Don't even join a group that doesn't have SG/SSII and some sort of Boostga+Hastega combo or you'll get roasted. (And of course adequate healing.)

I haven't done it yet, probably try 160 tonight. Any tips? I've played FFXIV so I'm aware of boss mechanics, but it's FFRK

Killing the lamps helps tremendously but not everyone is trying. Affliction Break is also a great addition if someone brings it. Fights gets crazy on AoE near the end if everything is up, people seems to wipe in the last stretch of the fight.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I tried it and everyone just ended up bursting the boss over and over again. I didn't even have a chance to use Vanille's heal.

I tried it and everyone just ended up bursting the boss over and over again. I didn't even have a chance to use Vanille's heal.

Even better, not choosing an effective burst. Just now we had a Lightning with both BSB and SSB in the team. Had she only used the SSB she would have taken down both the lamp and the reinforcements. Guess what she did.

Dragner

Dont ever take something like Faris Burst to multiplayer. I brought wakka for this fight and a Tyro joined with Multi Break. I spammed the Ill support as hard as I could. It doesnt matter as soon as I popped the burst...¡herp,derp,multi break!.sigh.

Kenai

The AoE near the end can get pretty cheesy since it can interrupt and paralyze, locking out healing and buff recasts. But it was that way with the last 160 boss as well, and the same strategy works: save up a few SB bars and nuke down the boss at the end. And yes a Wall and a Boostga are a must. Thankfully finding a Tyro with SG or an OK with Vessel seemed pretty easy.

I've personally been rocking my Luneth with his BSB + Thancred's Air Knives and the dagger boosting RM, adds up to a lot even without considering Vessel/Shout, and sometimes I even sneak in Dark Bargain. As long as I have a bar back when enWind is still upi t's pretty easy to stack his stuff up to do 9999x8 with interrupt if the boss doesn't resist it.

Yshtola is my backline, she has synergy and all 3 of her released SBs so i can pick whatever is needed. SS2 is great but I've used Aetherial Pulse quite a few times when paired up with a Tyro or Twintola and even Medica 2 once or twice. If there's no healing to be done, I can just use Wrath and catch the Wall refresh early or keep Medica 2 on standby.

I'd almost complain cause my Yshtola is so strong I never get to realistically use my other good healers in MP (my Relm has all of her SBs sans BSB, Eiko and Selphie and Vanille and Arc and Aerith all have 2-3 as well), but really, she has saved so many mediocre pugs at this point I'm not even mad anymore. Luneth is just fun to juggle his buffs, though I have used PCecil, Beatrix and Thancred too.

Edit: I actually pug'd 140 pretty comfortably with no Boostga/Hastega just now. Over half the raid members had BSBs though lol.

Cleared all the Multiplayer raids. That fight at 140 and 160 difficulty can get pretty hard with adds. Its sad when they all focus on the boss and I'm the only one focusing on the lamp and we're getting spammed with firaga and one of the healers die. Gee, I wonder why???

MrDaravon

Got Relm's Luminous Robe on my 100 gem pull, random but I'll take it.

Still kind of annoyed that I have a lot of FF6 pieces, but none of them are stellar and none of them include a Medica. Like, I have stat sticks for days in all slots and types for the realm, but nothing standout or that would have me actually field anyone from that realm. Still tempted to make a pull on this first banner but I know I probably shouldn't with events later this month.

MrDaravon

Yehhhhhh suffering one realm is the lesser evil here. By far.

Oh for sure which is why I ultimately won't pull, but my weird FF6 situation continues to bum me out as that's my favorite and I'd love to field characters from it but I keep coming up just weirdly short on it.

Adeptrain

Geh! So, I did a totally unnecessary 11-pull for Relm's bsb and didn't get it:/
Instead, I got two freaking disco balls (Bioblaster Overstrike) and Shadow's bsb.
My Edgar is like lvl 1! sigh....

Dragner

Geh! So, I did a totally unnecessary 11-pull for Relm's bsb and didn't get it:/
Instead, I got two freaking disco balls (Bioblaster Overstrike) and Shadow's bsb.
My Edgar is like lvl 1! sigh....

That was an amazing pull tho. Shadow BSB is very good and an OSB is an OSB.

Adeptrain

Yeah, I know. I just feel like I blew all my luck for the rest of the year on an overstrike I know nothing about for a character I've never used.

Edgar's a solid character and as Dragner said, an OSB is an OSB. His is still the only AoE OSB to date too.

Just feed him some eggs and give him a spin. (Shadow is great too if you have his SSB or BSB.)

BasilZero

Yes!!!! I got myself a overstrike!!! For Edgar to boot too who is my favorite FF6 character lol

But lol @ 3 of the same armor ;x!

Edit: Holy smokes, why is the image so big D;

D8upWGP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom