• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

One thing I hate about Multiplayer so far is that I often lose connection to the host when the fight starts. Is the problem on my side? On their side? I never know. I can go 5-6 fights in a row with no problem, later it will be the other way around. For phase 5, I just went through 3 disconnects in a row on Titan U+.

I spent my entire lunch break attempting to connect to Titan.

That's an hour I'll never get back. Going to smack these Ultimates in a fit of rage as compensation.

I'm just doing all multiplayer content solo till the beta is done and we have those meaty 200+ difficulty fights where I'll rely on the good rk communities like gaf to beat.

These multiplayer fights are so hilarious. On the Ultimate, Titan unleashed a huge attack between buff refreshes and killed 4 team members so someone dropped their connection but the rest of us kept going and Mastered the fight anyway.

Then on the U+, two people disconnected immediately so I was controlling six characters. Then two of the healers got killed almost instantly, but me and the one person who didn't disconnect kept at it and we Masteted that fight too.

WarAdept

A Light Among Shadows U+ CM

I wanted to bring Shadow along for extreme Thunder/Water Veil spam but the only person I would consider to replace would be Celes...and I have her BSB. No thanks, my Mages want to spam 9999 x2 all day.

I should never bring doublecast RM's, they never seem to work for me, unless it's doing stupid shit like doublecast Shellga.

mLfxpbO.jpg

A Light Among Shadows U++

Could've brought Eiko for overkill healing (BSB) but instead I decided to stack 3 layers of Hi-Regen. Because that totally works. On a side note, Short Cast is the best, Kefka barely got off any attacks because Terra/Strago/OK was pelting him so fast with Chain -agas/Chaincast.

J5S0xlF.jpg

thedan001

So... I came back to FFRK right after the dooms event. Is there anyway to get the 6* motes for the record dive 6* abilities?

Wait for dooms event to come back or new method to farm them similar to how JP can farm 4* motes from multiplayer?

WarAdept

So... I came back to FFRK right after the dooms event. Is there anyway to get the 6* motes for the record dive 6* abilities?

Wait for dooms event to come back or new method to farm them similar to how JP can farm 4* motes from multiplayer?

Doom motes event never comes back, so those 5* motes are lost. However, the upcoming Torment dungeons will hand them out as rewards.

thedan001

Doom motes event never comes back, so those 5* motes are lost. However, the upcoming Torment dungeons will hand them out as rewards.

That's good to hear, I posted earlier that I got Celes SSB from 100 gem pull and was looking into unlocking her Snowspell Strike.

I did a pull in FFVI banner 1 just to see if I was lucky

Cyan's Mutsunokami and Relm's Magical Brush

Was hoping for Edgar OSB or Shadow's relic, but BSB healer with guts and instant cures, sounds neat

There has been 1 or 2 fights in the past year when Ret Meta was useful for a boss (I think Yunalesca?). Other than that, nope. So many better skills nowadays.

What do you use for clearing trash? Just trying to find some good skills to get me through the story and daily dungeons which will also be useful for endgame

WarAdept

What do you use for clearing trash? Just trying to find some good skills to get me through the story and daily dungeons which will also be useful for endgame

Ruinga for a mage

Basically. When I was in your situation, I'd have a dedicated Mage for trash clearing only with Ruinga/Valefor and a skill regeneration RM (Black Mage RM2). Just keep in mind that as the difficulty goes past 130+ or so (don't quote me on that number, it's something high-ish), mobs will have more than 9999 HP, so they're going to need an extra smack.

Dragner

Summons are the best trash clearing skills in the game. But they are expensive to hone. I use normally ruinga or build SB bars with lifesiphon. Other cheap options that are decent are kick (monks) or ninja scrolls (you need a high mag weapon a ninja can carry tho).

thedan001

Is Double Cut still useful? That was the major hotness when I played before, does it still matter?

I was using retaliate + double cut for a while until I had orbs to create new abilities like lifesiphon and etc. It even got an ult++ clear but ymmv, it depends on the boss mechanics. Also look into drawilitate too with draw fire, and magic lure + reflect is a valid strategy for some magey bosses, or maybe swap reflect for a runic RW like Celes SSB instead. All these can be good options with a retaliate + double cut team since that set up is cheap to set up orb-wise

Nothing wrong with using it, it's cheap resources and gets the job done with 1 strong physical relic until you have more SSB/BSB to take advantage with lifesiphons better. Go ahead and make double cuts if you plan to use it with retaliate because I don't see any use of 2* orbs anyway besides exchanging for 3* orbs but those are already so easy to farm at high level dailies.

You will see yourself transitioning out of retaliate as you hone more abilities and pull more relics naturally, so use the above method as a stepping stone

Bladeblitz at R3 needs 30x 4* wind orbs, that's a waste of orb resources that could be better spent on lifesiphon, slowga, curaja, etc

What's your best team lineup looking like now? We may offer more suggestions if we have a better idea of where you are at with pulled relics and available characters, abilities, etc

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Tempo Flurry is a good replacement for Double Cut, and still easy to make if you can farm higher level dailies later. People still use Tempo Flurry, especially when medal conditions call for slow status effect

Another than that... my daily farming is just Shout RW + auto-attack with my best physical team. Needs about 360-370 attack stat to 1KO mobs. I use both RW charges then the 3rd battle I use one of mine (Maria's Song, Vessel of Fate, Shout, etc) with Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teaching's RM. The same goes for story dungeons as well. I had to find like 20+ friends with shout to make this easier, lol

Anustart

I'm at just about 0 gil. Need this fest to start so I can pad my bank account. I ain't even pulling on the banners, just need that gil, orbs and exp bay bay.

Wow got the 6k greens drop from titan. Should come in handy considering we're getting that third gold sword soon and hopefully a repeat for xmas gear what dena did with the Halloween gear.

Anustart

Wow got the 6k greens drop from titan. Should come in handy considering we're getting that third gold sword soon and hopefully a repeat for xmas gear what dena did with the Halloween gear.

I hadn't been running dailies til lately. Already up to 36k greens. Gonna be buying a stamina shard come orb fest for a free refresh. Then continue to hoard and buy the occasional mythril.

Syntsui

So I thought I could give another chance to this game after not enjoying it that much in its initial state.

It seems a lot of things happened since I last played and I'm a bit overwhelmed with everything this game has to offer right now.

So I need your input to to get things going for my mediocre team. Here is my situation:

Usable team:
Edgar (I can upgrade him, but I don't have enough eggs right now) - lvl 26
Leo 2* - lvl 51
Sabin 2* - lvl 51
Shadow 2* - lvl 51
Relm 2*- lvl 50

Reserve units (all below lvl 50):
Tyro
Rydia
Cloud
Kain
BM
WM
Ranger
Wakka
Ramza (used the soul to get him because I read he was extremely important)

I did two 100 gem pulls but only got trash. I also did the 25 Mithril pull and the only 5* item I got was the Sirius Sidearms (which is supposed to be trash too).

I'm doing the story missions and I managed to save 73 mithril so far. Should I pull something on the current banner considering all my decent characters are from FFVI? Or should I wait the FFXIV banner you guys say is godlike?

I read most of the posts here and I have an idea about what skills I should prioritize (Ruinga/Protega/Shellga/Curaga). Isn't there any AoE healing skills available to create?

Anyway, the biggest problem right now is, while I'm not having a problem with the story missions, I can't farm the hard daily missions with the good orbs. Without these orbs how am I supposed to get the good skills to actually improve my mediocre team?

Please give me some advice, because I'm a bit lost with what I'm supposed to do right now.

What's your best team lineup looking like now? We may offer more suggestions if we have a better idea of where you are at with pulled relics and available characters, abilities, etc

I've only done 2x 11 pull and I'm still not even halfway through classic dungeons but my relics are Chainsaw, Danjuro, Gold Sword, Chocobo Brush.

Right now I'm just auto attacking through dungeons but I imagine it will start getting harder soon, and i still can't do anything harder than the 3rd set of dailies

Tidd

Finally got a good party for Lady Amandine. :)
We didn't have Shout or OK but we still did it. We had two great white mages with their Medicas, Tyro(for breaks and Wall), my Garnet for more even more buffs and a nice combo of my Zidane and a Luneth from a different party member for extra Wind damage. The best thing was we only had my Zidane to slow her down and didn't waste any ability slots for other slow abilities. I had enough parties where everyone brought one. <.< That was fun for a random party.

Kain

MP is actually fun when people know what they're doing. We just destroyed Titan with great synergy between chars, supports, healing, etc. Good stuff

Lady Antebellum or w/e her name is in multiplayer becomes fucking impossible solo once she gets her second wave of minions.

Yeah, she's a bitch. Just keep trying until you manage to beat hear, that's what I did lol

So I thought I could give another chance to this game after not enjoying it that much in its initial state.

It seems a lot of things happened since I last played and I'm a bit overwhelmed with everything this game has to offer right now.

So I need your input to to get things going for my mediocre team. Here is my situation:

Usable team:
Leo 2* - lvl 51
Sabin 2* - lvl 51
Shadow 2* - lvl 51
Relm 2*- lvl 50

Tyro
Rydia
Cloud
Kain
BM
WM
Ranger
Wakka

I did two 100 gem pulls but only got trash. I also did the 25 Mithril pull and the only 5* item I got was the Sirius Sidearms (which is supposed to be trash too).

I'm doing the story missions and I managed to save 73 mithril so far. Should I pull something on the current banner considering all my decent characters are from FFVI? Or should I wait the FFXIV banner you guys say is godlike?

I read most of the posts here and I have an idea about what skills I should prioritize (Ruinga/Protega/Shellga/Curaga). Isn't there any AoE healing skills available to create?

Anyway, the biggest problem right now is, while I'm not having a problem with the story missions, I can't farm the hard daily missions with the good orbs. Without these orbs how am I supposed to get the good skills to actually improve my mediocre team?

Please give me some advice, because I'm a bit lost with what I'm supposed to do right now.

Save your mythril for XIV, yeah, if you manage to get a couple of good relics your performance will improve drastically.

Now try to craft Curaga/Curaja, Protectga, Shellga and some -ga spells (I recommend blizzard and thunder) until you get enough orbs for their -ja counterparts. Ruinga is good for farming too, yeah. Also some spellblade abilities to complement your elemental weaknesses arsenal. Then start to craft the breakdowns and aim to make your first 5* ability Full break. Lifesiphon is also crucial for the more difficult bosses, right now don't worry too much but keep it in mind.

Run the normal dungeons and elite ones when you can, reach as far as you can in the weekly events and don't bother much with the dailies until you have mastered all the normal and elite dungeons. Really, it's not worthy at your level of play, it's better to get more stamina, mythril and the normal drops than run dailies. You can of course run some to change the pace and get those first completed mythrils.

Don't worry and go slowly, in a month or so you'll start to be able to do the more difficult content, but this game is a marathon, you can't go very fast unless you whale like crazy.

Usable team:
Leo 2* - lvl 51
Sabin 2* - lvl 51
Shadow 2* - lvl 51
Relm 2*- lvl 50

Tyro
Rydia
Cloud
Kain
BM
WM
Ranger
Wakka

Orbfest is coming up soon and it will be your best chance to catch up. With some characters over lv 50 I think you should be able to clear everything. I would focus on story dungeons right now and try to increase your stamina points as much as possible, then spend your mythril on stamina refreshes and do as much orbfest as possible.

Syntsui

MP is actually fun when people know what they're doing. We just destroyed Titan with great synergy between chars, supports, healing, etc. Good stuff

Yeah, she's a bitch. Just keep trying until you manage to beat hear, that's what I did lol

Save your mythril for XIV, yeah, if you manage to get a couple of good relics your performance will improve drastically.

Now try to craft Curaga/Curaja, Protectga, Shellga and some -ga spells (I recommend blizzard and thunder) until you get enough orbs for their -ja counterparts. Ruinga is good for farming too, yeah. Also some spellblade abilities to complement your elemental weaknesses arsenal. Then start to craft the breakdowns and aim to make your first 5* ability Full break. Lifesiphon is also crucial for the more difficult bosses, right now don't worry too much but keep it in mind.

Run the normal dungeons and elite ones when you can, reach as far as you can in the weekly events and don't bother much with the dailies until you have mastered all the normal and elite dungeons. Really, it's not worthy at your level of play, it's better to get more stamina, mythril and the normal drops than run dailies. You can of course run some to change the pace and get those first completed mythrils.

Don't worry and go slowly, in a month or so you'll start to be able to do the more difficult content, but this game is a marathon, you can't go very fast unless you whale like crazy.
Thanks for your input, so I'll focus on these skills you mentioned.

Where can I safely farm the 3* and 4* orbs? Right now I have loads of 4* Black ones because they are rewarded in pretty much all Elite story quests, but the others are nowhere to be found.

I can't do the hard dailies with my team, so I hope there are other alternatives.

Orbfest is coming up soon and it will be your best chance to catch up. With some characters over lv 50 I think you should be able to clear everything. I would focus on story dungeons right now and try to increase your stamina points as much as possible, then spend your mythril on stamina refreshes and do as much orbfest as possible.
Will I be able to easily get 4* orbs in this event considering I can't do hard dailies?

Dragner

Orbfest mobs are normally easier than ones from dailies. Basically everybody can do the hardest orbfest difficulty if it follows the trend of the last ones.

Syntsui

That's great, it will surely help me catch up to the content.

Is it really recommended to spend mithril to refill though? I'm farming the quests hard to get as much stamina possible, so I hope I can do a decent amount of this event without having to spend too much mithril.

But I guess the most important question is, how rare is this orb fest even? Is it a monthly thing? Yearly? If it's rare I understand why I should use refills.

What's the best way to get my characters up to Lv. 50 (which seems like should be around the average for clearing all of orbfest)? I tried the exp dailies and I couldn't even clear the 3rd one (I could kill the enemies, but all my guys were getting 1-shotted), and the 2nd one was horrible for exp. Like I wasn't even getting 1 level per clear with a full party. My highest guy is about 33.

But I guess the most important question is, how rare is this orb fest even? Is it a monthly thing? Yearly? If it's rare I understand why I should use refills.

Once per 3 months I read on a previous page.

Dragner

You will gain more xp with the time. I remember spending a couple of months to level up my first parties and now between eggs to insta 99 anyone if needed, exp RM and having someone that can one shot the sundaily I level a couple of guys each week.

If you are having problems clearing dailies shadow bsb as RW can help you clear at least 2 stages if you can clear a third one.

What's the best way to get my characters up to Lv. 50 (which seems like should be around the average for clearing all of orbfest)? I tried the exp dailies and I couldn't even clear the 3rd one (I could kill the enemies, but all my guys were getting 1-shotted), and the 2nd one was horrible for exp. Like I wasn't even getting 1 level per clear with a full party. My highest guy is about 33.

Once per 3 months I read on a previous page.

Good news for you is that with nightmare dungeons back up in a few hours, you'll probably be able to snag a number of hero souls, mc1s and mc2s, even with a new team.

Was just going through FFVIII story dungeons on classic mode and I encountered some skeleton guy and a T-Rex and as soon as I saw it I almost cowered in horror, as I remembered the last time I saw one of these it was in the Parade Float event.

Memories...

Is Double Cut still useful? That was the major hotness when I played before, does it still matter?

I guess a similar skill that still gets use is Tempo Flurry which is essentially Double Cut but with Slow proc attached to it. It's not used for Retaliate purposes but purely for its okay damage potential in fights that list "Inflict Slow" as a mastery requirement. It's a nice skill to have in general, especially if you don't have a lot of 5* abilities.

Retaliate can sometimes still be useful in conjuction with Draw Fire (or Gaia's Cross, its now god-tier, damage dealing equivalent) but that's only in fight that are heavily, and I mean HEAVILY physically based. Hell, even then a lot of bosses tend to ignore it.

Dragner

Been watching Leo's Shock every now and again. Stupid twirly sword animation, I want it. It's not even that fantastic of a SB!

Its actually pretty good, AOE Imperil that becomes single target SSB damage when needed. Its a pretty neat effect. Sadly theres a ton of imperil holys on better characters. Leo is kind of bad sadly.

WarAdept

Its actually pretty good, AOE Imperil that becomes single target SSB damage when needed. Its a pretty neat effect. Sadly theres a ton of imperil holys on better characters. Leo is kind of bad sadly.

Yeah, basically a worse Basch. And I think it's still his only SB in Japan?

Been watching Leo's Shock every now and again. Stupid twirly sword animation, I want it. It's not even that fantastic of a SB!

I lucked out and got it for 100 gems.

Actually, it's a fairly decent SB if you have additional Holy damage to support it. So far, I've tried a mockup B team of both Pecil and Leo. Shock+Paladin Force wreck. some. shit. Especially if you've got 2 soul gauges filled on both of them.

WarAdept

Yeah worse stats and equip options. And Leo only has this SB to his name.

But VI is a common realm and knights are super good so theres that.

3 Knights. Too much Knightage for my liking.

At least it's not Tactics. Everyone is Knight there (well, will be soon).

I kiiinda still want to do a second pull on the first FFVI banner to try and get shock. So dumb there's so much more worthwhile stuff in the immediate future, but...

I even already have an aoe holy imperil with Beatrix's BSSB! But...

Kenai

I kiiinda still want to do a second pull on the first FFVI banner to try and get shock. So dumb there's so much more worthwhile stuff in the immediate future, but...

I even already have an aoe holy imperil with Beatrix's BSSB! But...

I caved and did a pull fishing for the OSB or one of the bursts and got Shock and it's not really satisfying, honest. The animation isn't bad or anything and I'll use it but it's nothing special.

I'm kind of thinking about blowing some mythril on stamina refreshes as a way to build my stamina up. I've reached the point that most story dungeons are only giving 1-2 shards each, so I can't spam dungeons all day, and the elites take 3/4 of a bar of stamina anyway, so my options are either do this slowly over probably months, or just power through it with stamina refills. I'd like to have at least 100 stamina by the time orbfest hits, and I don't think it's going to happen at this rate. Only at about 67 right now, and even the classic dungeons are starting to get hard.

Seems like if you buy gems, then it's "cheaper" to draw relics using gems rather than mythril since it's only 3k gems for an 11-pull compared to 50 mythril, even though for stamina refreshes it's 100 gems or 1 mythril. Do I have this right?

Could probably relic pull from the XIV banner on gems and then use mythril for the stamina refreshes to make the most of it.

Lucky Draw is curated to SSB and BSB only. They don't even mention it anywhere. Makes it way more interesting, but not 50 Mythrils interesting I think. Would have been fun to luck out on the 100 gems.

Edit: and 1 OSB, still forgetting about those.

thedan001

where can I find the list of available relics from nightmare relic draw?

Nvm, found it

relic soul break
Thief's Gloves (II) Pirate's Knives
Sasuke's Katana (IV) Inferno
Shiny Thing (VI) Meteor Rage
Thief's Knife (VI) Mirage Phoenix
Ichigeki (VI) Shadow Fang
Koga Blade (VI) Shuriken Storm
Valiant Knife (VI) Valiant Strike
Apocalypse (VII) Apocalypse
Light Rod (VII) Turk Bombshell
Orichalcum (IX) Shift Break