• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tempted to pull, I only have 4 relics on the banner. However, I don't think that I could handle a 4th Shiny Things or a 4th Last Judgment Grimoire... Well, 4 relics out of 25 is still 1/6 chance to dupe per 5*...

Good news for you is that with nightmare dungeons back up in a few hours, you'll probably be able to snag a number of hero souls, mc1s and mc2s, even with a new team.

So, question. How? I just looked and they are all like Difficulty 100+. I can barely clear difficulty 40 dungeons. Is there a particular RW I should look for that can just steamroll the entire dungeon? Assume that I probably cannot clear even a single round of trash on my own.

thedan001

So, question. How? I just looked and they are all like Difficulty 100+. I can barely clear difficulty 40 dungeons. Is there a particular RW I should look for that can just steamroll the entire dungeon? Assume that I probably cannot clear even a single round of trash on my own.

You fight 1 boss and get the rewards

I'm not sure if it's possible to win the first boss of each dungeon for souls to unlock characters

I think a party of Lv50's with the right RW could do it

Syntsui

You fight 1 boss and get the rewards

I'm not sure if it's possible to win the first boss of each dungeon for souls to unlock characters

I think a party of Lv50's with the right RW could do it
What's strategy would you suggest? I just watched these fights on YouTube and all the bosses have enormous HP and hit for 1k+ damage on heavily equipped party.

I'd like to know how a just created lvl 50 party could take them down. This doesn't seem to be the kind of content for cpp_is_king or me.

I just tried the easiest one (difficulty 100) for shits and giggles, and lol. Only way I can see it happening is if you can fight a single enemy (not 2 or more at the same time) with an elemental weakness, and you're lucky enough to get a RW with an OSB that does elemental damage the opponent is weak to.

Even then, you'd only be doing it for the exp of clearing the first boss, because after that your SB would be spent and you'd have to flee.

thedan001

What's strategy would you suggest? I just watched these fights on YouTube and all the bosses have enormous HP and hit for 1k+ damage on heavily equipped party.

I'd like to know how a just created lvl 50 party could take them down. This doesn't seem to be the kind of content for cpp_is_king or me.

I just tried the easiest one (difficulty 100) for shits and giggles, and lol. Only way I can see it happening is if you can fight a single enemy (not 2 or more at the same time) with an elemental weakness, and you're lucky enough to get a RW with an OSB that does elemental damage the opponent is weak to.

Even then, you'd only be doing it for the exp of clearing the first boss, because after that your SB would be spent and you'd have to flee.

There are no battles after the first boss, the game ends and you can enter the other boss fight with refreshed party.

If you even want to try, do draw fire and retailiate strategy and have someone land poison on behemoth in Crushdown nightmare. That one should be the easiest since you will avoid most of his attacks unless he spams the group physical attack, if that's the case, S/L and try again. Bring SG as RW to help mitigate, and healer should have protectga + curaga.

tbh, you'll find better time spent catching up elsewhere.

You could also search online for someone with Edgar's poison OSB to use as RW also, but not sure how you will survive without proper mitigation.

Syntsui

There are no battles after the first boss, the game ends and you can enter the other boss fight with refreshed party.

If you even want to try, do draw fire and retailiate strategy and have someone land poison on behemoth in Crushdown nightmare. That one should be the easiest since you will avoid most of his attacks unless he spams the group physical attack, if that's the case, S/L and try again. Bring SG as RW to help mitigate, and healer should have protectga + curaga.

tbh, you'll find better time spent catching up elsewhere.

You could also search online for someone with Edgar's poison OSB to use as RW also, but not sure how you will survive without proper mitigation.

I see, I don't even have the resources for these skills. Maybe on the next opportunity lol;

Reddit relic pulls thread feels like shills posting to make you pull. Guys wanted Locke daggers badly? Both BSB and SSB. One with 10/22 5*. One with Tidus OSB and Rikku's Water Imperil + 3 other 5*. Thanks GAF for reporting your shit pulls way more than Reddit!

Syntsui

It will come back next month, no sweat.

When you find yourself clearing difficulty 90 dungeons and bosses. You should be ready for these. (100-110 difficulty)
By the time I can craft Curaga/Protega I'm sure I'll be able to tackle more difficult content. I've just started playing this seriously, so it's only fair that I can't do everything.

WarAdept

Reddit relic pulls thread feels like shills posting to make you pull. Guys wanted Locke daggers badly? Both BSB and SSB. One with 10/22 5*. One with Tidus OSB and Rikku's Water Imperil + 3 other 5*. Thanks GAF for reporting your shit pulls way more than Reddit!

I never go to the pull megathread anymore.

Only depression and death await you if you look at the pulls there.

Still only have Meltdown as my crafted 6* ability. Considering Curada/Affliction Break/Mug Bloodlust but I'm such a hoarder. I'm treating these crystals like Elixirs in older FF games (i.e. sit in the inventory for a "rainy day").

I never go to the pull megathread anymore.

Only depression and death await you if you look at the pulls there.

Still only have Meltdown as my crafted 6* ability. Considering Curada/Affliction Break/Mug Bloodlust but I'm such a hoarder. I'm treating these crystals like Elixirs in older FF games (i.e. sit in the inventory for a "rainy day").

Yea I should stop looking...

I am close to you on 6*, I got a R1 Snowpell Strike to go with Celes Indomitable Blade. I know that there's a few of the other abilities that I could totally use, but I am sooo stingy with my crystals. I should make Affliction Break at least.

Syntsui

Yea I should stop looking...

I am close to you on 6*, I got a R1 Snowpell Strike to go with Celes Indomitable Blade. I know that there's a few of the other abilities that I could totally use, but I am sooo stingy with my crystals. I should make Affliction Break at least.
Is there a tier list available with all the useful R1/2/3? I feel like I shouldn't have wasted all my eggs on the FFVI characters, but now it's too late.

Kenai

I'it also helps to pretend that they (probably) have maxed out at least one or two credit cards on the game

8 Dismissal, procs 0 times. Thanks for nothing RNG, have to restart the Nightmare fight...

Edit: wow, this really is the easiest Nightmare I think. Should have kept going the first time, would have mastered without filling the interrupt medals requirement.

MrDaravon

Tempted to pull on this banner if it's G5 SSB and up as I only have 4 of the relics on the list, but hard to justify it at full 50 mythril price so close to the FF14 event and orbfest :/

WarAdept

Oh dang! it is!

I've been so busy with finals I didn't notice

What's the soonest we can see the data mined banners?

Ya know... for dividing up mythril resources according to preferred banner and whatnot

The last Orbfest, the banners got datamined super close to the event, but the ones previous to that, was a week before, maybe more.

So who knows.

Finishing the first 2 elites of the FF6 event (which I didn't think I'd be strong enough to do) has made a big difference. Those gowth eggs allowed me to get someone straight to 45, which is 10 levels higher than my next highest guy. Hopefully this will help carrying others through the harder exp dungeons going forwar

Edit: damn, even beat the next one and got Edgar's memory crystal. Baby's learning to crawl....

Dragner

I bited and pulled on the celerity banner, the rate of bsb is absurd high and its a good chance to get my long chased Vaan BSB.

Got Valiant Knife and Air Knives. Its ok I guess. Getting a +Wind weapon is the best part.

Anustart

Got snowspell strike up to r2. Love it. Had both my uses of it in the 4th Dervish battle proc twice with my rm. 80k damage from just 2 uses of a skill. Too good. Bartz is mah boy.

Started considering maybe doing a pull during the fest but probably going to skip. I'm not too interested in osb's, and if the other relics aren't amazing it's a definite skip.

Come on 14 event.

Also, Onion knight continues to be meh. Still haven't experienced anything game changing from mine.

Kain

I forgot nightmare banners are full price. All my nopes.

Has the list of relics for the fest been leaked? I'm torn between doing a pull in one of the banners or wait until XIV. I decided to skip the next Tactics events, I have enough damage already, need a healer's BSSB.

Dragner

I basically desintegrated atomos. RW eiko BSB and went full yolo with stacking atk buffs Slowed and stunloked him with shadow and lightning bsb and then finished with 3 instant cast shadow SSB. Poor guy never stood a chance.

Edit: Dual materia and 5* motes announced in Japan

Legend Materia

Legend Materia is a unique Materia that each character can equip.
- The LMs are unique to the specific character, and other characters cannot equip them
- Legend Materia has various effects that can be useful in battle.
- Legend Materia can be equipped from the Party Setup Menu.
- There are 2 equipment slots for Legend Materias: Main and Sub
- A Legend Materia will have different effect when being set as a Main or Sub.

Legend Sphere

Legend Spheres are Spheres that are hidden within the memories of our Heroes.
- After the maintenance, a portion of characters will receive their Legend Spheres.
- Fulfilling certain conditions will unlock their Legend Spheres for use.
- Sphere Skills can be obtained from Legend Spheres, and they require unique 5* Motes to be unlocked.
- 5* Motes will be given out in subsequent events.
- Legend Sphere Skills can be stat bonuses, damage bonuses, new equippables, new resistances, etc.

Falk

that puzzling face
I like it, although I feel that progression is getting somewhat needlessly convoluted.

Between Record Materia, diving vs nightmares for certain 6* unlocks, Mote Dungeons, SSB stat bonuses, reforging, fat chocobo and memory crystal turn-ins, BSSBs, OSB/ESBs, and now additional tiers of Materia and Record Diving, I'm feeling like there's a whole bunch of superficial systems all designed to add complexity but end up being needlessly obtuse.

In other words, as we hit the 2 year mark the game feels like "awesome thing of the month" continuously tacked on top of everything prior over and over again*, rather than a set of satisfyingly deep systems that can be explained to a complete newbie in the span of an hour or two.

*I take it back, it doesn't just feel like it. It literally is. Just like how Bonus battles became + and then ++ and then they realized they'd run out of awesomeness redefined names and then went on to name higher tiers Death/Ultimate, and then U+ and U++ and we're doing this whole song and dance all over again.

thedan001

Finishing the first 2 elites of the FF6 event (which I didn't think I'd be strong enough to do) has made a big difference. Those gowth eggs allowed me to get someone straight to 45, which is 10 levels higher than my next highest guy. Hopefully this will help carrying others through the harder exp dungeons going forwar

Edit: damn, even beat the next one and got Edgar's memory crystal. Baby's learning to crawl....

Forgot to ask if you wanted some help with multiplayer battles, that's something gaffers can help with!

At least get some free mythrils

Im still waiting for the main storyline to happen and that female tyro. Maybe for the 3 years anniversary.

4 years anniversary = We farm dynamis with 16 players multiplayer for coins to make relic weapons from XI or farm fates to collect whatevers for XIV relic weapons

yay?

So, is Dervish worth it if I use a BSB+SSB Lightning regularly? Aside from this one, I only beat the Crushdown Nightmare and haven't crafted a single 6* skill.

Dragner

So, is Dervish worth it if I use a BSB+SSB Lightning regularly? Aside from this one, I only beat the Crushdown Nightmare and haven't crafted a single 6* skill.

Dervish is basically damage. Since the haste is never relevant. And a 2 hit only damage is not impressive. If you want a celerity skill northern cross is the one.

If you did the 5 dooms event and unlocked the 5* job motes mug bloodlust is basically free and pretty good at r1.

Kain

Yeah poor Atomos, with all the interrupting going on it spawned the gems when it was al 30% or something. He didn't stand a chance xD

When you master a soul break is it a permanent +10 stat increase even after you switch to a different weapon? So that in theory you can master multiple soul breaks for huge cumulative stat boosts?

Dragner

When you master a soul break is it a permanent +10 stat increase even after you switch to a different weapon? So that in theory you can master multiple soul breaks for huge cumulative stat boosts?

Yes, for example cloud has a possible +30 atk from masteries if you have his SSB, his BSB and his OSB.

That's kinda cool. Did they change the formula for soul break mastery exp? I was around when they first introduced this feature, and I vaguely remember it being something completely insane like you had to use the soul break 9999 times. But I just masteres 2 soul breaks after having the weapon for only like 2 days.

thedan001

I recommend saving those 6* crystals, they're much more valuable than a 6* ability that is r1, maybe r2. You want to be extremely picky with 6* abilities that really counts. Meltdown and Curada are the top picks at this point, but that can change. Curada starts with 4 uses at R1 btw.

Not saying you can't, just be sure not to have buyer's remorse when it comes to 6* stuff because they're hard to come by.

Yes, for example cloud has a possible +30 atk from masteries if you have his SSB, his BSB and his OSB.

It's beneficial to keep pulling on banners for your top used characters however the RNG wall can be a a big troll

Falk

that puzzling face
That's kinda cool. Did they change the formula for soul break mastery exp? I was around when they first introduced this feature, and I vaguely remember it being something completely insane like you had to use the soul break 9999 times. But I just masteres 2 soul breaks after having the weapon for only like 2 days.

It's proportional to XP earned. e.g. Sundailies and Orbfest will level them really fast.

I guess the solution is to just quit for 2 years so that when you come back everything is new again :)

No, no, I'm not talking about it being new or stale. I'm talking about there being about a dozen loosely related subsystems rather than expanding on a few key ones in a way that made progressive sense.

It's like if a Final Fantasy game had FF7 materia, FF6 espers, FF5 jobs, FF8 junctioning, FF10 sphere grid, FF13 paradigm shifts, FF12 gambits, but only went ankle-deep into each system.

Wazzy

Banned
God I've been playing so much XV that I haven't been focusing as much on RK. Need to catch up on the VI bonus fights and then start the nightmare ones.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I almost beat my first Nightmare guy; the Demon Wall for Crushdown. I popped two RW BSSB's immediately, but then I just got trucked. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom