• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kefka proved he's still evil by slaying my team. Gonna bring a 2nd healer. Need to burn him down quick before he can get some casts off his Magic Infusion. Ramza is my only Holy Damage. Is R3 enough for the Chain-aga spells to kill him off with a en-holy RW? Need to find P.Cecil or Beatrix friend to take along.

thedan001

Kefka proved he's still evil by slaying my team. Gonna bring a 2nd healer. Need to burn him down quick before he can get some casts off his Magic Infusion. Ramza is my only Holy Damage. Is R3 enough for the Chain-aga spells to kill him off with a en-holy RW? Need to find P.Cecil or Beatrix friend to take along.

ID: 9z7W

Lv80 P.Cecil, 450+ atk

In case it helps, I tend to swap often but will leave RW up until event ends

**crap, I got filled with 100 followers too fast after post, I'm guessing there's no way to fix that? 100 is the limit still?

Falk

that puzzling face
WJAbv22l.png

Dragner

I did the Celerity banner pull with hope of getting Vaan BSB, got 2 medium SBS...my casual girlfriend that cant battle ultimates because she gets stressed out, pulled Lightning and Tyro Bursts alogside Fran SSB2. She already has more bursts than me.

Celes (IB), Hope (BSSB), Edea (erm, 8* Cardinal and the power of darkness), Fran (MO) and Garnet (DG) took down Kefka (well Garnet and Eda got KOd) with Vessel of Fate as RW.

In the successful run he hardly used any black magic so Celes was always out of Saint's Cross uses. In my first failed attempt I lost Edea turn 2 but wound up nearly finishing the fight anyway. Most other attempts were lost to too much damage taken so for me Edea should have been replaced with Arc (the magic blink or the medica) or Ekio (burst medica critical hit mode). Might have also been worth slotting Hope with White magic as he only used Burst commands and I did take some hits before Shelga and DG were both up.

One of the failed attempts was just crushing to watch. It came down to only Celes left using Saint's Cross and the HP bar was empty but Kefka had not gone down. S/L it was.

Anustart

Hmm trying to calculate how much mythril well get for the 14 banner including the 10 it will give. Somewhere around 70?

Might be able to swing to 11 pulls if I do no refreshes during orbfest.

Hmm trying to calculate how much mythril well get for the 14 banner including the 10 it will give. Somewhere around 70?

Might be able to swing to 11 pulls if I do no refreshes during orbfest.

30 for events
10 for coliseum
25 for orb fest
20+ for daily and bonus mythril guess
3 for fat chocobo
Xmas gifts

Just spitballing

Syntsui

I know you guys already oriented me to wait for the FF XIV banner, but after studying this game a little, wouldn't it be a good idea to pull on the Keeper's Choice Vol. 2?

Right now I have 125 mithril saved and my main team is composed of FF VI event characters. I do have Ramza on the bench though. So getting either Shout or SG would be phenomenal, wouldn't it?

WarAdept

I know you guys already oriented me to wait for the FF XIV banner, but after studying this game a little, wouldn't it be a good idea to pull on the Keeper's Choice Vol. 2?

Right now I have 125 mithril saved and my main team is composed of FF VI event characters. I do have Ramza on the bench though. So getting either Shout or SG would be phenomenal, wouldn't it?

XIV Banner has SG (same effect). Y'shtola's Stoneskin II.

Also has Large Atk Up buff (same as Shout), but it's attached with Last Stand instead of Hastega.

EDIT: Pull on Keeper's Choice 2 if you wish so if you feel like trying for Shout/SG. It isn't bad by any means and having either will help you immensely (and Tyro is by far more preferable for Wall than Y'Shtola). However the XIV Banners obviously are new relics which far outclass most things that the other relics of Keeper's Choice 2 provides, like give you an option to Mage meta, one of the best healer BSB's, etc.

ff14.PNG

Syntsui

XIV Banner has SG (same effect). Y'shtola's Stoneskin II.

Also has Large Atk Up buff (same as Shout), but it's attached with Last Stand instead of Hastega.

EDIT: Pull on Keeper's Choice 2 if you wish so if you feel like trying for Shout/SG. It isn't bad by any means and having either will help you immensely (and Tyro is by far more preferable for Wall than Y'Shtola). However the XIV Banners obviously are new relics which far outclass most things that the other relics of Keeper's Choice 2 provides, like give you an option to Mage meta, one of the best healer BSB's, etc.

ff14.PNG
OK I'm convinced LOL. I'm a very anxious person so the wait is very hard for me, but it will definitely be worth it.

thedan001

OK I'm convinced LOL. I'm a very anxious person so the wait is very hard for me, but it will definitely be worth it.

That alphinaud bsb is amazeballs with Neo-Bahamut R2, The order would be:

Neo-Bahamut x4
BSB
burst command 2 recharge all those summons
repeat

Is this right, or am I missing something?

And holy shit! Minifilia has white magic 5, support 5, combat 4, and knight 5. Is my source wrong because that's freaking nuts.... and her shield SSB works amazing with Onion Knights BSB if you wanted to replace Ramza for whatever reasons.

And I haven't even covered the other relics

Definitely a game changer banner

Dragner

If we dont make it for OT3 alphinaud's banner salt will make it for sure. In this god tier banners I always had luck but at any moment I will fail to get the big prize (for me are 2, yshtola BSB and Alphinaud BSB).

And yeah alphi BSB is broken, summom commands(cant be reflected) with quickcast (the same as OK but exploiting enelement) and ether (bonkers with meltdown and valigarmarda/Tiamat).

WarAdept

Neo-Bahamut x4
BSB
repeat

And holy shit! Minifilia has white magic 5, support 5, combat 4, and knight 5. Is my source wrong because that's freaking nuts.... and her shield SSB works amazing with Onion Knights BSB if you wanted to replace Ramza for whatever reasons.

And I haven't even covered the other relics

Definitely a game changer banner

Summons are 1 use per rank. Better off with Tiamat (and Meltdown if you RD him to Black 5) to take advantage of EnWind.

Kenai

Neo-Bahamut x4
BSB
repeat

You can Record Dive Alph to 5* WHM and 5* BLM too so the sky is the limit really. The real beauty of it imo is that even good skills you can't hone or are behind on can get love.

Kain

Man even I am hyped for XIV now. Damn you people and your hype.

Knowing my luck I always get the relic I'm least interested in so I'll probably get Stoneskin. Having (and never using) native Wall. I'm preparing my tears already

WarAdept

I want to make Curada/Affliction Break/Mug Bloodlust but the crystal hoarder in me is saying no.

Goddamit, why are 6* abilities so hard.

Dragner

I want to make Curada/Affliction Break/Mug Bloodlust but the crystal hoarder in me is saying no.

Goddamit, why are 6* abilities so hard.

Mug bloodlust is "free". Only cost some 5* job motes and you have enough for it if you finished the 5 dooms event completely.

The cool thing about Mug Bloodlust is that is perfectly usable at High level battles at just R1.

WarAdept

Mug bloodlust is "free". Only cost 5* job notes and you have enough for it if you finished the 5 dooms event completely.

The cool thing about Mug Bloodlust is that is perfectly usable at High level battles at just R1.

True. Now the question remains on who misses out.

9 Thieves, 15 used on one for the ability itself. Which leaves 25 motes left (5 unlocks).

Dragner

I dont think you need to dive every thief only the ones you use more or have good relics.

And later we will get more from torment dungeons anyway.

Big changes to Imperil mechanics coming soon to Japan. You'll soon be able to stack Imperils of the same element, and also have multiple types of Imperil active at the same time.

By the way, this FF XIV banner won't come sooner than January. The next ones should be FF VII and IX, right?
Next are VII and V. We might not get the next XI event because it's a collab with a Japan only mobile game. (We'll see if they rework it somehow, otherwise we'll have to wait until the proceeding XI event, which is a ways off still.)

thedan001

By the way, this FF XIV banner won't come sooner than January. The next ones should be FF VII and IX, right?

Better be, I couldn't take it if I had to decide between osb-fest and xiv banners

Why do dis, DeNA? Stop it. At least spread out the great banners further apart for us to stock up mythril

Dragner

XIV should be on the evening of 28th. But is not the first time they move hyped banners around a week. So they could move it if it collides with OSB Fest.

But the next banner is the also anticipated Cid Raines Burst banner so I dont think theyll do it.

I should have 200 mythril by the time the xiv banner closes, should be able to get at least one of the three desired relics, ranking yshtola, minfilia, alphinaud. I was really lucky with onion, so things will likely go the other direction this time. Going to try to refrain from doing many orb refreshes this go, I'm out of town and do not need the exp levels other than the recent mc3s, which I could egg all up if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom