• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Considering it was 100 gems, that's great then.

Is this considered a decent banner to do an 11 pull for VII synergy?

Only if you really need it. It has a nice spread of damage and support relics, but it's an average banner overall. Plus, OSB fest and the much-hyped FFXIV banner are coming hot on its heels.

I kinda wish each banner would have all the items ranked on a scale from 1/10 by the community. It's kind of overwhelming because I just see probabilities of drawing each one, and people saying stuff like "it should be obvious that this banner is crap", but for the new people, it's not clear which items are sought after or not. Would be nice if we could just see Relic X: 8/10, Relic Y: 2/10, etc.

You basically that that on Reddit threads, I guess. Or you can ask here! It's a safer space, for lack of a better phrase. Honestly, I think the best bang for your buck is to wait for OSB/BSB/Orbfests and do several 11-pulls while working your way through the story and collecting Souls of Heroes/characters/MC lodes in events.

It remains to be seen whether it'll be worth it, but if you're not F2P (for me, I've dolphined twice: Ramza's Shout and OK's Bracer; beyond that, I do a 100 gem pull on each banner for the hell of it), a good 11-pull or two on a -fest banner would set you up for success for months, perhaps in lieu of doing those 100-gem pulls.

This is just one guy's opinion, but I think your top priority should be completing all of the classic dungeons to get those Stamina Shards, while using some of the Mythril you get to refresh. Having a ton of stamina is really key. After that, I'd focus on getting some game-changing RMs, including ones that make progressing through easy content even easier, like the attack all (Omnicast Fire, Zealot) RMs and instant-attack (Lickety-Split, Thunderstroke) RMs. Of course, if you draw a powerful SSB or BSB, then focus on that character, because they can carry you even without synergy. The same goes for crafting certain abilities.

Finally, while it's great to have GAF friends, sometimes a certain RW helps on a given fight, and you can Google databases of RWs, which -- thanks to the refresh feature now -- you can slot into a given battle immediately after you add the friend without any hassle.

Xetherion

I'd say so, 3 swords, 2 thrown, and a spear. Plus a couple of armors with ATK on them.

Lots of Wind stuff also. I'm considering pulling just to try to get Zack's Imperil Wind to go with Luneth's enWind Burst, not to mention Cid's Goggles for bonus wind damage armor. Cloud's OSB is a thing too.

Zack is also my favorite FF character, so there's that.

I just hate that the fest banners and XIV are right around the corner. Too many good banners, not enough mythril.

Edit: just remembered that Cid's clone of Shout is on this banner too. Screw it, i'm pulling!

Got 2/11, Yuffie's Burst and Cid's Shout clone!

Man, feels good to finally have my own boostga/hastega combo.

100 gems: Yuffie's Burst, to go with the SSB for her previously. Gotta level that ninja now. My FFVII synergy is kind of ridiculous in a not-overpowering way. I have 3 SBs for Nanaki. :/

Syntsui

Fuck, I did it.

Unfortunately I got two repeated items of it :(((((

2x Javelin
1x Henley Buster

It seems they are great weapons though, but it's really disappointing to get a dupe on the same pull.

Fuck, I did it.

Unfortunately I got two repeated items of it :(((((

2x Javelin
1x Henley Buster

It seems they are great weapons though, but it's really disappointing to get a dupe on the same pull.

You can combine dupes to increase the max rarity (up to
3 times i think?)

With synergy the difference between a 5* and 8* is over 100 pts

Syntsui

You can combine dupes to increase the max rarity (up to
3 times i think?)

With synergy the difference between a 5* and 8* is over 100 pts
That's good to know I guess. Still a bummer, I would actually be able to breeze harder content with 3 5* weapons.

Anyway, orb fest is just around the corner.

That's good to know I guess. Still a bummer, I would actually be able to breeze harder content with 3 5* weapons.

Anyway, orb fest is just around the corner.

Just like any weapon / armor basically. When you max out its level you can combine with an identical item to increase max level by 5. Every multiple of 5 levels, the multiplier bonus for having synergy increases, so by increasing its max level by 5 you're getting not only more levels but also a bigger synergy multiplier.

thedan001

Just did an 11 pull on the new banner and got Cid's goggles. Are these as terrible as they look?

Got Cloud's Guise, how awful is this? X.X

Cid at lv50 unlocks 2x exp RM which is something you need as well, so win-win scenario

It's very likely you might end up with a wind based relic if you play long enough so googles can boost that

Many people don't know this but the "small boost" on a weapon and armor are actually +20%, or +40% total with both weapon and armor equipped

En-elementals like Enwind on Luneth's BSB or Cloud's SSB stacks that damage even further...

Wanna get even crazier?

There's also imperial effects which debuffs a monster to become weak to an element

That's another stacked on damage

Of course it's a lot of relic chasing but I wanted to throw this out there for new/returning players to be aware of stuff like Cid's googles (+20% wind damage) and Cloud's Guise (Enwind)

Surprisingly was able to clear the 90 difficulty event dungeon with mastery. Those 5 eggs helped a bunch

gratz, you'll be able to do Nightmare difficulty 100's soon

Cid at lv50 unlocks 2x exp RM which is something you need as well, so win-win scenario

gratz, you'll be able to do Nightmare difficulty 100's soon

Just need synergy, without synergy i cap out around 60. But since this is like a 3 day old account, I have basically no units and no gear lol.

Who should i use the hero soul on? I got ramza last time

And that's great news about Cid, i powered him up to 48 with all those eggs, so i guess I'll get it soon.

thedan001

Who should i use the hero soul on? I got ramza last time

If I remember right, you have SB's for Edgar, Relm, Cid and a couple of 5* generic weapons

Relm is your best healer for now, Edgar isn't too bad. His SB has an imperial poison effect, but I'm guessing you don't have any access to any poison attacks yet

Ramza will become amazing if you have shout, but he is a solid character without it since he has access to Support 5 and ninja skills

I wouldn't use soul of hero for a black mage yet, especially since you can use spellblades or ninja magic to fulfill mastery medal conditions with elementals. The 3* ninja magic are cheap to make and starts with 4 charges, but it needs magic to do any damage with it, so it's only good for mastery for now.

That said, I think you should unlock Tidus next for his Ace Striker (NOT Ace Blitz). It's lv80 to unlock so might as well start leveling him. You won't regret it.

EDIT: Thinking about it some more, I also suggest you hold on to soul of heroes and see which relics you accumulate in the upcoming couple weeks after Tidus

Enlir's FFRK Database Pretty good for checking out what each character offers

Syntsui

If I remember right, you have SB's for Edgar, Relm, Cid and a couple of 5* generic weapons

Relm is your best healer for now, Edgar isn't too bad. His SB has an imperial poison effect, but I'm guessing you don't have any access to any poison attacks yet

Ramza will become amazing if you have shout, but he is a solid character without it since he has access to Support 5 and ninja skills

I wouldn't use soul of hero for a black mage yet, especially since you can use spellblades or ninja magic to fulfill mastery medal conditions with elementals. The 3* ninja magic are cheap to make and starts with 4 charges, but it needs magic to do any damage with it, so it's only good for mastery for now.

That said, I think you should unlock Tidus next for his Ace Striker (NOT Ace Blitz). It's lv80 to unlock so might as well start leveling him. You won't regret it.

EDIT: Thinking about it some more, I also suggest you hold on to soul of heroes and see which relics you accumulate in the upcoming couple weeks after Tidus

Enlir's FFRK Database Pretty good for checking out what each character offers
How would he get Tidus to level 80 without those specific event lodes? Or am I missing something about them?

Events give them as rewards, 4* ones usually before the Bonus Battles, 5* from said Bonus Battles.

6* Accessories are from the Nightmare dungeons and should be gotten ASAP (they grant Major Resist to an element).

Just got my first one from the d99 event dungeon. Maybe I'll go try the nightmare dungeons tomorrow if there's an easy ff7 one, didn't really think I would be able to progress this fast honestly.

Random question: when you tent inside of a dungeon does it reset your RW's ability counter?

thedan001

How would he get Tidus to level 80 without those specific event lodes? Or am I missing something about them?

There are also lodes that can be used on anyone, but they don't come by too often. We used to have them in the green ghysal fat chocobo shop but DeNA took them out recently. JP has them again so in a few months, we will be able to buy them with greens.

For now we can get some from nightmare dungeons and clearing difficulty 90ish event dungeons

Syntsui

Just got my first one from the d99 event dungeon. Maybe I'll go try the nightmare dungeons tomorrow if there's an easy ff7 one, didn't really think I would be able to progress this fast honestly.

Random question: when you tent inside of a dungeon does it reset your RW's ability counter?
What was your team when you beat the lvl 99 dungeon? I think I'll have to wait until Friday to level up everyone before trying but I hope Cid and Angeal alone are enough to carry me.

They are dealing heavy damage with their weapon and they are not even close to level 50 lol.

WarAdept

Yes it refreshes everything (HP, KO, Abilities, RW). However, honestly if you're that desperate to use a mithril mid dungeon/battle, use it when you wipe. It's exactly the same thing and Dr Mog gives you a buff as well for the remainder of the battle (you choose randomly from HP increase, Ability use increase, Offensive increase by 10%, Defensive increase by 10%).

EDIT:
I have yet to craft a 6* ability.

I'm assuming I should be making Meltdown first?

Meltdown, Affliction Break, Mug Bloodlust and Curada are regarded as the best ones. A case can be made for Omega Drive as well since it has a huge distribution but we won't get that for a month or two (Combat Nightmare 2).

The rest depend on what your relics/SB's are.

Don't make Ultima/Reraise.

Syntsui

Yes it refreshes everything (HP, KO, Abilities, RW). However, honestly if you're that desperate to use a mithril mid dungeon/battle, use it when you wipe. It's exactly the same thing and Dr Mog gives you a buff as well for the remainder of the battle (you choose randomly from HP increase, Ability use increase, Offensive increase by 10%, Defensive increase by 10%).
But that would prevent him from getting Mastery, wouldn't it?

WarAdept

But that would prevent him from getting Mastery, wouldn't it?

It resets the current round that you're in when you Phoenix Revive. It was a (potentially) expensive tactic when Ultimates first came around to spend a few mithril fishing for buffs to beat/master them.

What was your team when you beat the lvl 99 dungeon? I think I'll have to wait until Friday to level up everyone before trying but I hope Cid and Angeal alone are enough to carry me.

They are dealing heavy damage with their weapon and they are not even close to level 50 lol.

U9JuKGDl.png

Zack and Cid I literally just got and leveled them up with eggs from this event with random 7 gear upgraded as much as I could.

I found the d99 easier than the d90 for 2 reasons.

1) i was leveled up quite a bit more due to the 5 major growth eggs reward from d90
2) I stupidly brought a sentinel grimoire on the d90 and it took FOREVER to kill the boss with many resets until i got lucky with his ability uses

On the d99 I brought an OSB (forget which one, but it was VII synergy with wind element) and killed the boss in like 2 rounds before he had a chance to really even do anything (first use hit for 65k, second critted for 93k)

Syntsui

U9JuKGDl.png

Zack and Cid I literally just got and leveled them up with eggs from this event with random 7 gear upgraded as much as I could.

I found the d99 easier than the d90 for 2 reasons.

1) i was leveled up quite a bit more due to the 5 major growth eggs reward from d90
2) I stupidly brought a sentinel grimoire on the d90 and it took FOREVER to kill the boss with many resets until i got lucky with his ability uses

On the d99 I brought an OSB (forget which one, but it was VII synergy with wind element) and killed the boss in like 2 rounds before he had a chance to really even do anything (first use hit for 65k, second critted for 93k)
Great info, thanks.

I'll make sure I use an OSB RW for these 100k+ HP bosses.

Balphon

I have yet to craft a 6* ability.

I'm assuming I should be making Meltdown first?

Mostly just want to look for 3-4 that don't have a lot of orb crossover and shoot for those.

Meltdown is probably the best one presently available but black crystals are rather scarce unless you're willing to spend boatloads of mythril grinding them.

Dragner

No. Its is placed super near of fest and XIV and the items are not that great, only Cloud OSB and Yuffie BSB are A-Team worthy. So unless you really love to have relics for the characters here I would recommend passing.

But!!! If you dont have shout here you have a shout clone for Cid so theres that.

Hmm, Shout clone and Yuffie's BSB adds en-water. Uhh, I can't. Will wait for Shout some other time. Same with en-water element.

Btw Locke's bandana won the vote. I'm not surprised.

No. Its is placed super near of fest and XIV and the items are not that great, only Cloud OSB and Yuffie BSB are A-Team worthy. So unless you really love to have relics for the characters here I would recommend passing.

But!!! If you dont have shout here you have a shout clone for Cid so theres that.
I ended up pulling, despite knowing all of this and lucked out. I currently run a Wind team anchored by Luneth's En-Wind BSB and Faris's Imperil Wind SSB as my main. Therefore, the banner appealed to me with Zack's BSB, Cloud's OSB, Cloud's Guise or (especially) Cid's Goggles all being good additions. Cid's Shout would have been very nice for VII CMs, as well.

Instead, the game decided it wanted to provide me with a Water team!
Yuffie: En-Water BSB / Clear Tranquil
Rikku: Imperil Water BSB
Onion Knight: Vessel / Slice
Keeper: Tome / Wall
Healer: Dreamstage Selphie | Intercession Penelo | Miracle Prayer Vanille

I also have Tidus's 3-Hit Water Element SSB.

I probably screwed myself up by having one less pull on XIV (and I'll likely have to skip the Fest banners), but the new team seems fun at least. The thing that keeps me from making it my new main is that neither Yuffie nor Rikku can use Lifesipion, Sharpshooter 5 or Spellblade 5 and neither have MC3s yet. On the flipside, Luneth is 99 and runs with Lifesipion / Sky High. :/

Dragner

Well at least you pulled one of the best relics there. Yuffie can do some serious damage paired with that Rikku. She has ninja commands with shortened time so super quick damage and built in mug bloodlust. She is probably better than luneth in terms of pure damage for your team(sky High aside).

WarAdept

Btw Locke's bandana won the vote. I'm not surprised.

Son of a bitch. Would of gladly taken more lightning/wind resist. Nope, more fire.

EDIT: Lol damn Pilot's Steel is half arsed. Couple of images from FMVs of Cid wanting to fly a rocket then hastega. Example vid has the team basically on the brink of death as well for no reason.

I really don't have a need to pull here. I'm not feeling OSBs as a concept at the moment so I have no desire to pull for Cloud's but I also have an ok relic base for VII. Nothing high level at all, no BSBs but really, it perfectly does the job and is my strongest realm with XIII based on the ease of clearing content.

My VII Synergy team:

Zack - with Rush Assault, an incredibly potent SB given it's just a Unique (I think it's the highest physical damage sub-SSB break?)
Vincent - SSB, the gun provides decent backrow attack damage for Auto and hey... MM/DZ is still strong
Cid - Hyper Jump - again, not an amazing skill but it has decent use for its damage+selfboost+selfhaste. Combine that with the Dragoon skill combo and you have Cid as my main damage dealer
Aerith - No medica but I do have Fury Brand which works great with all of my physical attackers
Yuffie - Just her Bloodlust as an SB but again, she can damage from the backrow, Fury Brand furthers her SB potential and I use her as a dancer for debuffs.

I can clear a good amount of high level VII content with the above side despite no amazing relics. Even with my A-team I can't clear U++ but I am completely ok with U+ being my endpoint.

Well at least you pulled one of the best relics there. Yuffie can do some serious damage paired with that Rikku. She has ninja commands with shortened time so super quick damage and built in mug bloodlust. She is probably better than luneth in terms of pure damage for your team(sky High aside).
I actually didn't notice the 1/2 cast time speed of Yuffie's 4-hit Burst command. Nice!

It certainly IS cool that both Yuffie and Rikku have the 20% ATK+DEF Steal from Mug Bloodlust as Burst commands (even better that Yuffie's is Water Element). I'm just at a loss as to what to give them for abilities. Maybe R3 Theif's Revenge / R4 Hydroburst on Yuffie and R3 Powerchain / R4 Dismissal on Rikku? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading about the upcoming Gogo in Japan. Their SSB is hastega+30% ATK+MAG while their burst is water based with command 1 being mimic last action taken by party and command time reduction on repeated cast (the default soul break is also mimic with a chance of failure). I now wonder what stats Gogo has. Of course it isn't all commands:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5igbto/jp_mimic_mechanics/
Will we eventually get the broken FFVI version of Gogo (who could just have any characters command on top of having mimic...I guess the equivalent here would be master any SB)

Son of a bitch. Would of gladly taken more lightning/wind resist. Nope, more fire.
I did initially feel the same way until I looked on the subreddit and they pointed that Japan has not Fire resist accessories in events for a long time and three Wind resist accessories are coming soon (XIV, IX and VIII events) plus between the XIV and IX event is a lightning resist accessory.

thedan001

GvsSqN4l.png

I was after Cloud stuff, but this works too.

Zack's BSB gives me imperil wind, works with Luneth and Fang's BSB

I'm already using Tidus BSB enwater > OSB combo, so Yuffie could team up with him but I'm missing Rikku's BSB, I'm hoping Rikku's BSB shows up in the fest, because I think she did in JP

Still have a lot of story dungeons to clear, need to blow through them to build up more mythrils, should have 3 pulls ready by the time XIV comes out

I'll use some itunes cards for a couple pulls in the fests since I tend to get some from Christmas gifts

It's actually easier to be more selective with banner pulls now with an A team up and running because any more subpar relics end up not being used when 3 months ago, a SSB relic was a huge boost to my newbie team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom