• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after 4 days, I'm almost up to where I was when I quit my 8 month old launch account. Notable differences are that on the original account I had one character at level 65, 1 piece of 7* gear, and 100 stamina. On my new account my highest character is 58, I only have 5* gear, and my stamina is 88

But! My 7* gear was a stat stick, and the hardest dungeon I ever cleared was D100 and that required using a mythril or two to refresh

So my current 5*s are probably already better than my 7* stat stick, I cleared a D99 without using a mythril, and I have at least another 150 mythril to re-earn before I've earned the same amount of free mythril as I had on my previous account.

Ahnez

After a long time, I finally defeated a nightmare boss for the first time

Nightmare Demon Wall :v

Done with

Tyro - Curaja/Curaise - Dr Mog's Teachings - SG
Cloud - Lifesiphon/DoubleCut (lol) - Soldier Strike - SSB
Lightning - Lifesiphon/Dismissal - Battleforged - BSSB
Ramza - Full Break/Armor Breakdown - Mako Might - Shout
Relm - Curaga/Protectga - +mind RM - SSB

Lightning BSSB RW

The Dynasty King's Curse mechanic was fun, actually

Turns out two healers were completely unnecessary. Cloud and Lightning using Lightning's burst command 1 simply didn't allow it to attack, and the rng actually helped here, cloud was inside the aura 3 out of the four times it was cast, and the time he was outside, his burst mode ended.

And I need more physical abilities, as you can see, I had to bring Double cut and breakdown to this fight lol

With two physical endark bsbs and a dark ssb as well as a +dark heavy armor, I'm pumped to get a useful physical dark ability to throw out there on occassiOn, just need an imperil dark sb.

Syntsui

Good pull goes a long way. Now you'll start getting those eggs/orbs and just snow ball.

I'll watch your back here, you help me out on brave.

Count on me man, I hope you have a good time when you finally roll a good team there. Our community is full of extremely powerful units that will help you with the hard content.

So I just started to play this game again and I am so damn lost lol. I have been logging in daily and doing pulls when half price ones are going on but haven't actually played in like 6 months or so. My party atm is Cloud (65) Vivi (50) Garnet (54) Main Dude (54) Kain (54). I have like 20 of the normal crystals to unlock some units and 5 of the 2nd level ones. Any unit that I should just go ahead and unlock that would be better than what I have? Also gear wise the only Burst mode items I have are 2x 1st Fusion Sword (Should I combine these?)...Lightbringer for Celes....Artemis Bow for Faris.....Shooting Star for Rinoa.

So I just started to play this game again and I am so damn lost lol. I have been logging in daily and doing pulls when half price ones are going on but haven't actually played in like 6 months or so. My party atm is Cloud (65) Vivi (50) Garnet (54) Main Dude (54) Kain (54). I have like 20 of the normal crystals to unlock some units and 5 of the 2nd level ones. Any unit that I should just go ahead and unlock that would be better than what I have? Also gear wise the only Burst mode items I have are 2x 1st Fusion Sword (Should I combine these?)...Lightbringer for Celes....Artemis Bow for Faris.....Shooting Star for Rinoa.

Lmao welcome. If it makes you feel better i lost my launch account so I started over brand new and in just 4 days I'm further than i was after 8 months on my original account.

I'll let others answer your question, just chiming in to say you'll be up and running in no time

thedan001

I like helping out if you want guidance, I know others here will do the same.

I just came back 3 months ago and already clearing everything the content has to offer.

My advice for you to start out is to keep Cloud, unlock Celes since Lightbringer will help you in big ways on some bosses, and unlock Faris to use her Artemis Bow, and use Faris for magic/power breakdown. When you finally create Full Break ability, that's a good time to phase out Faris for Ramza or something good.

Get rid of Kain as soon as possible. You may want to use Rinoa instead of Vivi since it will be easier to keep nuking with burst mode.

Maybe do some pulls into Keeper's Banner Vol.2 for Sentinel's Grimoire and Ramza's Platinum Sword but wait for XIV banner first that's coming out in 2 weeks.

You also need a healer relic that does some form of Medica so look out for banners with couple of healing relics in it.

Difficulty 120+ and up are a lot easier if you have wall (Tyro's or Y'shtola's SB) and boostga, and RW can only give you one of these.

RM's everyone should unlock are: Mako Might, Dr. Mog's Teachings, Ace Striker, and Battleforged. They are indispensable for higher level fights.

Another than these, just keep logging in and catching up with realm/event dungeons as much as possible.

I like helping out if you want guidance, I know others here will do the same.

I just came back 3 months ago and already clearing everything the content has to offer.

My advice for you to start out is to keep Cloud, unlock Celes since Lightbringer will help you in big ways on some bosses, and unlock Faris to use her Artemis Bow, and use Faris for magic/power breakdown. When you finally create Full Break ability, that's a good time to phase out Faris for Ramza or something good.

Get rid of Kain as soon as possible. You may want to use Rinoa instead of Vivi since it will be easier to keep nuking with burst mode.

Maybe do some pulls into Keeper's Banner Vol.2 for Sentinel's Grimoire and Ramza's Platinum Sword but wait for XIV banner first that's coming out in 2 weeks.

You also need a healer relic that does some form of Medica so look out for banners with couple of healing relics in it.

Difficulty 120+ and up are a lot easier if you have wall (Tyro's or Y'shtola's SB) and boostga, and RW can only give you one of these.

RM's everyone should unlock are: Mako Might, Dr. Mog's Teachings, Ace Striker, and Battleforged. They are indispensable for higher level fights.

Another than these, just keep logging in and catching up with realm/event dungeons as much as possible.

Thank you! Sounds good and I figured Kain was garbage lol. Will start hoarding Mythril for those banners!

Kain / Dragoons in general are actually extremely good in this game. It just takes a while to invest in them from a brand new account's standpoint. 5* Dragoon abilities provide fantastic DPS and can be combined with the 4* Blood of the Wyvern / certain SBs to have no air time.

thedan001

Kain / Dragoons in general are actually extremely good in this game. It just takes a while to invest in them from a brand new account's standpoint. 5* Dragoon abilities provide fantastic DPS and can be combined with the 4* Blood of the Wyvern / certain SBs to have no air time.

I'm not disagreeing this, I enjoy Luneth + Fang + Cid with Zack's BSB now.

Taking full advantage of dragoons is another story, but that's the meta game content.

Hippopuncher doesn't have any SB weapon for Kain, I assume, but he has few BSB weapons that he isn't even using. So I recommended those changes.

Falk

that puzzling face
FFRK are just jealous because we got the pretty and funnier game.

Literally ugly kids hating on the cheerleader situation.

Quoting this will never stop being funny.

both games are great

Sorry it was my fault. I ragequit after doing 10x 11-pull and not getting a single 5*, and I bitched about how FFRK was so much more generous.

Didn't you quit FFRK initially over Seph SB? I know you said you were just away from an internet connection as well but it *was* around that time.

Alright so party is now Cloud..Rinoa..Faris...Celes and Garnet all level 65. The 4 Burst weapons I maxed and I combined the two 1st Fusion Swords for Cloud. Cleared the level 90 of the FF6 event going on right now pretty easily....so yeah that advise has already helped a lot! Thanks!

I'm not disagreeing this, I enjoy Luneth + Fang + Cid with Zack's BSB now.

Taking full advantage of dragoons is another story, but that's the meta game content.

Hippopuncher doesn't have any SB weapon for Kain, I assume, but he has few BSB weapons that he isn't even using. So I recommended those changes.
Oh for sure. He definitely should focus on the units he has gear for right now. I was moreso responding to
I figured Kain was garbage lol.
I didn't want him to get the wrong idea that you were saying Kain was a bad character. :p

Sorry it was my fault. I ragequit after doing 10x 11-pull and not getting a single 5*, and I bitched about how FFRK was so much more generous.

I still love FFBE I have also had incredible luck as the only base 5* I don't have is Gilgamesh but I just won't post in that forum anymore because someone in there annoys the shit out of me and I would rather just leave it alone. Anyway I really wanted to give this game a shot because I always felt it was fun but never gave it a real chance.

WarAdept

I found the BE community to be aggressive and toxic. And I played that game religiously since the soft launch on Android, dedicating literally half my day, to stupid stupid exploration farming so I could beat all the hardest events. Had enough. It's such a massive time sink for very little gain if you want to beat what the game has to offer.

RK as greatest FF gatcha.

Quoting this will never stop being funny.

both games are great

Didn't you quit FFRK initially over Seph SB? I know you said you were just away from an internet connection as well but it *was* around that time.

No my story was actually legit, lol. I was in Vietnam for 6 weeks, and a lot of the time we spent in remote areas where the internet was shoddy at best, but most times non-existant. Then on top of that one of my kids had a medical emergency and so there was about a 2 week period where FFRK was just not on my mind at all. Then after those 2 weeks were up, I think the addiction had broken and I just didn't feel like playing anymore.

I still love FFBE I have also had incredible luck as the only base 5* I don't have is Gilgamesh but I just won't post in that forum anymore because someone in there annoys the shit out of me and I would rather just leave it alone. Anyway I really wanted to give this game a shot because I always felt it was fun but never gave it a real chance.

I remember someone in the BE thread saying something along the lines of "watching paint dry was more entertaining than FFRK". (It might have even been Syntsui! Sorry if it wasn't though). And when I started playing RK again a few days ago, i realized that I could see how that would be your opinion of it if you didn't get a chance to get to endgame. When I created my new account, all I was doing for the first 2 days was leaving it on auto while I steamrolled dungeons waiting for my next stamina recharge.

But what I really like about FFRK is the meta-game of min-maxing equipment and character synergy. It adds quite a bit of depth and there's a lot of complexity involved in the min-maxing. Whereas in BE I felt it was just like "oh yay I got Gilgamesh, now I can win". Because of that, the feeling of despair when you get bad gacha pulls is worse in BE, because it's almost binary. You either completely threw away your money / lapis on worthless shit, or you won the game and now there's no more challenge. Nothing in between. Whereas with RK you have realm synergy to worry about, character synergy, building up a good collection of abilities and hones, and lots more. Just so much more to actually do instead of leaving it on auto while you TM farm and wait for the next event so you can hit your Gilgamesh win button.

Anustart

There's a little bit of that over here. Maybe not as bad.

I couldn't touch 160 dif bosses then I got shout, boom, instant master of everything going forward.

Syntsui

Yeah I said Record Keeper was as fun as watching paint dry lol.

But right now I'm actually enjoying it (my third time trying to play it). As I actually took time to understand the mechanics I'm not that overwhelmed anymore.

Plus, I'm a bit fed up with Brave Exvius and Gumi incompetence, so it's refreshing to play something else.

Anustart

Yeah I said Record Keeper was as fun as watching paint dry lol.

But right now I'm actually enjoying it (my third time trying to play it). As I actually took time to understand the mechanics I'm not that overwhelmed anymore.

Plus, I'm a bit fed up with Brave Exvius and Gumi incompetence, so it's refreshing to play something else.

I went over to exvius to try and sate my urges to spend mythril here. If I get the urge, I'll go over to exvius and pull. SAVE THE MYTHRIL! RELEASE ALPHINAUD!

thedan001

Alright so party is now Cloud..Rinoa..Faris...Celes and Garnet all level 65. The 4 Burst weapons I maxed and I combined the two 1st Fusion Swords for Cloud. Cleared the level 90 of the FF6 event going on right now pretty easily....so yeah that advise has already helped a lot! Thanks!

Look into making a couple lifesiphon abilities and get them both to R3 (you're gonna need to farm Tuesday and Thursday dailies for Greater Power Orbs) then equip Battleforged/Ace Striker and you can literally use BSB in 2-3 lifesiphons and because of your RM, you will build SB gauge to full by the time your bsb burst wears off... essentially giving you infinite burst mode.

In short, you really want this. It takes time tho, requires Ramza and Tidus both lv80's.

But what I really like about FFRK is the meta-game of min-maxing equipment and character synergy. It adds quite a bit of depth and there's a lot of complexity involved in the min-maxing....Whereas with RK you have realm synergy to worry about, character synergy, building up a good collection of abilities and hones, and lots more.

You've summed up points why I love FFRK as well, when I heard banner pulls guaranteed at least a 5*, I came back.

There's a little bit of that over here. Maybe not as bad.

I couldn't touch 160 dif bosses then I got shout, boom, instant master of everything going forward.

I really, really restrain from saying Shout is that good. But it is that good. Good news although is that new relics are coming out that does the same thing as Shout. For example, OK's Vessel of Fate, Cid's Javelin, Minifilia's shield, etc.

Shout is available in the beginner's banner for a while, and appears in the next begineers banner next year too. Plenty of chances to pull one.

Syntsui

I went over to exvius to try and sate my urges to spend mythril here. If I get the urge, I'll go over to exvius and pull. SAVE THE MYTHRIL! RELEASE ALPHINAUD!
Pulling there can be extremely frustrating though because as cpp_is_king said, there is always a chance that your entire 11 pull will be worthless.

In regards to your pulling itch, I've found a good solution: create a new account, make some pulls, don't link it, delete the data, repeat. You can do it on an emulator just to prevent any headache.

If you don't want to go that far, there's always this pulling simulator lol:

http://www.ffrkprofiles.com/#!

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't get me wrong, both Rain and Lasswell have equally boring skillsets and they're already 5*.

I think it's just more symptomatic of the granularity of the game's balance in general. Abilities are very, very distinctly better or worse comparitively to one another, which goes back to a core weakness of the design of simple turn-based combat. When you have one action, and that's all you can do till your next turn, abilities tend to get compared as-is, with not nearly as much nuance or opportunity cost balancing to keep things in check.

I mean, yes, there's everything from AOE vs ST, to element vulnerabilities, to element chain and spark chains, to buffs and debuffs to consider, but it still really boils down to the basic gameplay loop of one action per turn. That's it. No opportunity cost modifiers like e.g. Bravely Default's Brave/Default system, nor cooldowns in Granblue Fantasy (just to pull from two very similar turn-based combat setups)

This is why Barrage is far away above all other current physical abilities. This is why Full Break is essential. This is why Dual Wield has virtually no other peer in usefulness. They tower over all other alternatives as the underlying game mechanics don't have enough interlocking systems to balance out the opportunity cost. (It doesn't really help that resource is generally lumped into "MP", really)

Characters either have overpowered abilities (or TMs), or they don't. Which either means you've pulled them, or you haven't. The meta in Exvius very strongly leans towards very, very distinct best-practices with little variation in setup, and this is only mildly alleviated with the game maturing (e.g. where Japan is now). This in turn creates an environment where if you're out of luck with pulls, you *will* get brickwalled by (largely optional atm) content.

While we're on this note, I want to say I'm honestly really baffled at the tuning of this Demon Heart event. The stamina opportunity cost for getting a simple 35 stat item is all out of wack when compared to other 31-39 stat items other than MAG. If I could give an analogy, it would be like if a STR item in WoW was a quest reward, while a MAG item of equal strength required you to be Merciless Gladiator or something.

But hey, I guess we do need something to grind, and maybe this is simply Gumi/Alim's laboratory test as to how bonkers people are willing to go for incremental improvements in power level compared to getting lucky and pulling the right characters, and we're all unwitting guinea pigs saying "yes, we'll do it". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Sorry, this is a bunch of personal musings not directly related to Kain or the quoted at all, but I did have to get it off my chest. Felt the same way when playing JP launch)

Honestly speaking, you're half-right and half-wrong. The gap between characters that have certain skills and those that don't is simply massive. It doesn't matter if the latter can still clear content, the former simply can do it in less time, with less headache.

There isn't exactly any hard gate to any meaningful content that requires the top tier units, but there really is a much higher luck component in Exvius vs. its contemporaries. I honestly think that's objectively measurable.

Tangentially, the other thing that I simply refuse to do is bot TMs. Thought about this long and hard after I pulled Zidane, and came to the conclusion that if a game was pushing me to basically bot, which generally adds nothing to a game except that in practice it separates those who'd do it vs those who wouldn't (and, of course, the crazy small percentile of people who are willing to legitimately do it) then it's a game design problem that should be looked at, and I'm simply not willing to partake.

Grinding, sure. mindlessly repeating an action that has very little to do with the game itself, I'll stop. Not picking on Exvius specifically for this either - it's the big reason I dropped Terra Battle, and the big reason I simply just stopped mucking around with the Casino in GBF despite being 'essential' for progression, until the recent change that made it go literally 10 times as fast.

(All that being said, don't let me stop you, enjoy the game however you want)

edit2: In terms of answering the question you answered, though, I'll completely agree with you. If content required a complete royal flush of the best units, JP Exvius would simply have just dropped dead since they had no idea of knowing e.g. which units would get 6*s earlier than others, etc. This min-max mania is a problem inherent to many English mobile game communities that map out the blueprint to the game and are prepared like Batman for anything down the line.

Some musings from BE OT1 which I think still largely applies to BE today, although there's more of an overarching current problem with Gumi being a little too... 'liberal' with sudden balance changes.

Honestly though, I think what actually contributes to RK's current staying power is that after a certain point you can get by on cruise control, rather than constantly needing to put in 4 hours of grinding a day to remain competitive, which then leads to burnout, which then leads to churn.

I've spent about maybe 55%-60% of stamina in the past 3 months.

Pulling there can be extremely frustrating though because as cpp_is_king said, there is always a chance that your entire 11 pull will be worthless.

I would go even farther that. The most probable scenario is that your entire 11 pull will be worthless. And 11 pulls are more expensive.

Even if they had guaranteed 5*s in that game, it would still only be equivalent to saying "you will always get a relic in an FFRK 11-pull, but 80% of the time it will be a generic stat stick, and 20% of the time it will be something with a soul break. Oh and by the way, since there's only like 7 or 8 relics with soul breaks, it will usually be a duplicate.".

As it is now, imagine spending the equivalent of $30 and getting nothing but 4* relics. Oh and that happens with about 85% probability. Only once out of every like 8 or 9 11 pulls do you get 1 single 5* relic. And then it's probably shit anyway. Completely ludicrous. But Falk's post sums it up, due to the turned based nature of the game, it reduces many other things in the game to binary good/bad and right/wrong and kills a lot of the depth.

Anustart

That pull simulator already led to heart break.

Got an OSB, BSB and 2 SSBs in the same 11 pull. I've never come close to that in all my mythril lol in one pull.

Edit: Then got an 8/11 pull. Will dena let me transfer that into the game?

Some musings from BE OT1 which I think still largely applies to BE today, although there's more of an overarching current problem with Gumi being a little too... 'liberal' with sudden balance changes.

Honestly though, I think what actually contributes to RK's current staying power is that after a certain point you can get by on cruise control, rather than constantly needing to put in 4 hours of grinding a day to remain competitive, which then leads to burnout, which then leads to churn.

I've spent about maybe 55%-60% of stamina in the past 3 months.

I've been on cruise control for months and there are days where I simply don't play other than to log in and get Mythril. I also don't care too much about Cid Missions or Ultimate++ bosses. I keep current on Mote Dungeons, Classic Dungeons, and Nightmare Dungeons, though.

My only complaint, and it's an utterly small QoL one, is that I wish I could auto-win, Earthbound style, the Classic Dungeon versions of events. I don't know what the threshold would be, but I just slap Thunderstroke, Omnicast Fire, Zealot, Lickety-Split, and usually Flower of Trabia on a team, optimize, and auto-battle through like... the third or fourth Elite dungeon. It's not hard and I don't really mind it, but it's time consuming.

These recent posts remind me of the time before I had one medica, complained a lot about battles needing the trinity of relics I lacked plus I turned down the Candle rod because "I hear shared SB sucks healing for 500 plus I hear this dagger is really useful for the Yuffie Cid mission" (yeah I turned down a desperately needed medica for a few orbs...what was I thinking). Nowadays the Christmas dagger is obsolete in FFVII realm and I use those FFX shared medica released a while back for certain situations (usually brining Ciat Sith for support with dances).

Probably the turning point was SSB fest for me. I got Mighty Guard VIII on the first banner (hastega+shellga+hi regen) and I think lullaby rod too (which IIRC was a last minute change on the banner) then on the last banner chasing SG and Clear Tranquil I got everything but those including the Wizard Rod (so Mighty Guard VIII was essentially made obsolete within a week). Divine Guardian was partly a poor mans version whole trinity in one relic (if you defined the trinity as wall, medica and hastega rather than boostga).

These recent posts remind me of the time before I had one medica, complained a lot about battles needing the trinity of relics I lacked plus I turned down the Candle rod because "I hear shared SB sucks healing for 500 plus I hear this dagger is really useful for the Yuffie Cid mission" (yeah I turned down a desperately needed medica for a few orbs...what was I thinking). Nowadays the Christmas dagger is obsolete in FFVII realm and I use those FFX shared medica released a while back for certain situations (usually brining Ciat Sith for support with dances).

Probably the turning point was SSB fest for me. I got Mighty Guard VIII on the first banner (hastega+shellga+hi regen) and I think lullaby rod too (which IIRC was a last minute change on the banner) then on the last banner chasing SG and Clear Tranquil I got everything but those including the Wizard Rod (so Mighty Guard VIII was essentially made obsolete within a week). Divine Guardian was partly a poor mans version whole trinity in one relic (if you defined the trinity as wall, medica and hastega rather than boostga).

Watch out, they might hear you and bring back Parade Float.

Falk

that puzzling face
They did bring back Parade Float.

It got curbstomped by the power creep in the intervening time, despite being harder than original Parade Float incarnation.

Interestingly enough, the 'hardest content' in an objective measurement right now, before e.g. lv220 MP fights hit, is FFVIII Ifrit in the recurring Mote Dungeon, especially if you're doing the optional 'Beat it with FFVIII party' requirement. Also interestingly enough, that difficulty is in very large part negated if you have a couple of specific relics, but otherwise doable if you have enough stat sticks, a beefy-enough team and RW Rinoa's BSB.

They did bring back Parade Float.

It got curbstomped by the power creep in the intervening time, despite being harder than original Parade Float incarnation.

Interestingly enough, the 'hardest content' in an objective measurement right now, before e.g. lv220 MP fights hit, is FFVIII Ifrit in the recurring Mote Dungeon, especially if you're doing the optional 'Beat it with FFVIII party' requirement. Also interestingly enough, that difficulty is in very large part negated if you have a couple of specific relics, but otherwise doable if you have enough stat sticks, a beefy-enough team and RW Rinoa's BSB.

I meant in spirit, as in something that is as hard with today's power creep as Parade Float was when it first released.

WarAdept

How harder are the 99+ dungeons than 99?

Standard migitation setup is generally needed (ProShellga, Full Break, Power/Magic Breakdown).

Other than that, it's generally a small/decent step up, nothing groundbreaking.

It's the Ultimates Bonus Battles per event that provide the largest difficulty jump between things.

Syntsui

Standard migitation setup is generally needed (ProShellga, Full Break, Power/Magic Breakdown).

Other than that, it's generally a small/decent step up, nothing groundbreaking.

It's the Ultimates Bonus Battles per event that provide the largest difficulty jump between things.
I see, right now I'm beating the trash mob from the 99 event dungeons with the synergy party and the boss with a RW OSB. I'm not using any mitigation setup at all.

I had a few close calls, but it was doable. Do you think the bosses from the 99+ can be one shotted with RW OSB too? Or at the very least two spotted.

thedan001

I see, right now I'm beating the trash mob from the 99 event dungeons with the synergy party and the boss with a RW OSB. I'm not using any mitigation setup at all.

I had a few close calls, but it was doable. Do you think the bosses from the 99+ can be one shotted with RW OSB too? Or at the very least two spotted.

Megathreads in FFRK subreddit have bestiary info of each boss so you can see how much HP they have and figure out if you think you can OSB it before you die.

For Nelapa, bring Squall's OSB, use armor breakdown and magic breakdown prior to using it. You should win this one easy.

For Holy Dragon and Magic Master, you'll actually have to fight with 1 OSB each if you don't want to pay 1 mythril to refresh RW charges. Any OSB will work but Magic Master will switch elemental invulnerability so quit and load if your OSB didn't land.

Let me know how it goes!

EDIT: I may have misread, if you meant 110 one... Inferno is quite tricky since its a boss with 2 adds. We have no thunder type OSB available yet. A thunder type BSB might work just as good although. The concern is being able to withstand attacks from 3 enemies while trying to beat it without any mitigation.

Syntsui

Megathreads in FFRK subreddit have bestiary info of each boss so you can see how much HP they have and figure out if you think you can OSB it before you die.

For Nelapa, bring Squall's OSB, use armor breakdown and magic breakdown prior to using it. You should win this one easy.

For Holy Dragon and Magic Master, you'll actually have to fight with 1 OSB each if you don't want to pay 1 mythril to refresh RW charges. Any OSB will work but Magic Master will switch elemental invulnerability so quit and load if your OSB didn't land.

Let me know how it goes!

EDIT: I may have misread, if you meant 110 one... Inferno is quite tricky since its a boss with 2 adds. We have no thunder type OSB available yet. A thunder type BSB might work just as good although. The concern is being able to withstand attacks from 3 enemies while trying to beat it without any mitigation.
I defeated Nelapa already, now I'm about to fight the Guard Spider and be done with both events (up to d99).

I'll check the boss info on reddit to be prepared.

Edit1: the trash mobs were annoying as fuck, had to reset a lot but now I'm at the boss waiting to refill my stamina.

My FF7 units are not even level 50 though, so they can't take more than 2 hits anyway. I hope I have the time to use the RW OSB two times before he can kill anyone.

thedan001

I defeated Nelapa already, now I'm about to fight the Guard Spider and be done with both events (up to d99).

I'll check the boss info on reddit to be prepared.

Edit1: the trash mobs were annoying as fuck, had to reset a lot but now I'm at the boss waiting to refill my stamina.

My FF7 units are not even level 50 though, so they can't take more than 2 hits anyway. I hope I have the time to use the RW OSB two times before he can kill anyone.

Haha, you've been really pushing it. Ok, these d99 battles should be about your limit for now if your team is getting 2 shotted.

Each event has 2x d99 battles but the secondary ones come with 2 boss fights which blocks you into using RW once per fight unless you spend an mythril but that's risky enough. No trash mobs tho.

If you find yourself with stamina but can't go further into the event, optimal choices are clearing realm dungeons with mastery to raise your max stamina and/or farm orbs from daily dungeons, you need orbs and a whole lotta of them. You "should" be able to win difficulty 90 with a Shout RW but if you don't have 85+ max stamina, then difficulty 60 is good as well. (Higher difficulty gives better drops obviously)

Sunday is exp dailies, you can try to push to lv65 on your best characters then.

Syntsui

Haha, you've been really pushing it. Ok, these d99 battles should be about your limit for now if your team is getting 2 shotted.

Each event has 2x d99 battles but the secondary ones come with 2 boss fights which blocks you into using RW once per fight unless you spend an mythril but that's risky enough. No trash mobs tho.

Sunday is exp dailies, you can try to push to lv65 on your best characters then.
Yeah, I'll focus on leveling up at least the units with the 5* weapons I've pulled. Too bad it takes so much stamina though.

Right now I have 70 stamina, but as soon as I finish this boss I'll be back to story mode.

Edit: Boss killed but it was not possible to prevent t at least one kill, so I couldn't master it.

I saw that I can create Protecga, so after farming XP on Friday I'll master it just for the sake of getting everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom