• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'll focus on leveling up at least the units with the 5* weapons I've pulled. Too bad it takes so much stamina though.

Right now I have 70 stamina, but as soon as I finish this boss I'll be back to story mode.

Edit: Boss killed but it was not possible to prevent t at least one kill, so I couldn't master it.

I saw that I can create Protecga, so after farming XP on Friday I'll master it just for the sake of getting everything.

You don't have to master every level to get mastery on the final dungeon. Mastery is calculated based on the total percentage of orbs you missed throughout all stages of the dungeon. So for example, if you have a 1 stage dungeon where all you fight is a boss, you had better get that target condition. On the other hand, in a hypothetical scenario where you had a 15 stage dungeon followed by a boss, you could master all 15 of the first stages and then get 0 / 12 stars on the boss, and while you'd fail miserably on that stage, you'd still end up getting the overall mastery reward because the other levels made up for it.

Syntsui

You don't have to master every level to get mastery on the final dungeon. Mastery is calculated based on the total percentage of orbs you missed throughout all stages of the dungeon. So for example, if you have a 1 stage dungeon where all you fight is a boss, you had better get that target condition. On the other hand, in a hypothetical scenario where you had a 15 stage dungeon followed by a boss, you could master all 15 of the first stages and then get 0 / 12 stars on the boss, and while you'd fail miserably on that stage, you'd still end up getting the overall mastery reward because the other levels made up for it.
I thought I was fine because I had the champion rank on the two levels before the boss, but I guess I was wrong. What really fucked me was the target condition to not have a unit killed though, that was just not possible due to his damage output. But no biggie, I'll get this later with a leveled up team with Protega and maybe better items from the Orbfest pulls.

thedan001

One of these days... I'll understand all the maths for how it works for how many medals required to get mastery in multi level battles

disclaimer: I can do maths, just too lazy to even bother

thedan001

I got cid's first RM, how do you get the 2nd?

Random drop with Cid in your party in VII dungeons

Or... in other words, spam the lowest stamina cost VII dungeon with Cid in it

Realm dungeon should be like 2 stamina or something... spam it with Cid... It might take 2 runs... it could take 100 runs, totally random

You can go to Party menu in FFRK and click on a RM from a character and there you will see a button leading to a full list of possible RM's for all characters even ones you havent unlocked.

Or use Enlir's FFRK Database

Credo

Welp, got a new phone and was 100% certain I had attached FFRK to my Facebook account. And then I figured out I was 100% wrong and it was somehow not attached to Facebook or Game Center or anything. And the old phone has been wiped. It was a good 2-year run I guess. ;(

FalkFace.jpg x100

Welp, got a new phone and was 100% certain I had attached FFRK to my Facebook account. And then I figured out I was 100% wrong and it was somehow not attached to Facebook or Game Center or anything. And the old phone has been wiped. It was a good 2-year run I guess. ;(

FalkFace.jpg x100

Your phone didn't have a backup, and you never took a screenshot of your User ID?

Credo

Your phone didn't have a backup, and you never took a screenshot of your User ID?

I astound even myself with my stupidity. I don't guess it's so bad though. I couldn't beat anything with a difficulty over 120, so all I was really doing was getting the new characters as they came out and then feeling bad as I got terrible draw after terrible draw.

I astound even myself with my stupidity. I don't guess it's so bad though. I couldn't beat anything with a difficulty over 120, so all I was really doing was getting the new characters as they came out and then feeling bad as I got terrible draw after terrible draw.

Did you ever write to customer service from the app by any chance?

Wazzy

Banned
Woah a lot of new faces and apparently from FF:BEGAF. Welcome anyone who is new to RK!

Also I like both games quite a bit but right now RK has more to offer to me. Plus no VIII characters in BE yet so that already lowers it on comparison to RK. :)

Anyway working on VII event currently. I'll have to try Multiplayer again soon if I can trust my connection.

I think it's fun. Highest score is 10,000.

Edit: 11,000 now. Once you know the patterns it's pretty simple. I wish there were more "courses".

I knew you would post about it being fun with some very high score! :)

I warmed up to it a bit after trying it a few times. First attempt was an awful experience but the clunkiness gives it some charm! And me too, I wish there was more course, now I just know the pattern.

I knew you would post about it being fun with some very high score! :)

I warmed up to it a bit after trying it a few times. First attempt was an awful experience but the clunkiness gives it some charm! And me too, I wish there was more course, now I just know the pattern.
Heh, just trying to give it a fair shake.

I think a lot of people are holding down the dash button instead of tapping it, and that doesn't really give a good impression of the game's mechanics. It's not a masterpiece or anything, but it's enjoyable enough.

Here's my hastily written "guide".

Dash past the first set of Bombs, keep dashing until you get to the first Nut Eater, pause, (don't worry about this Cactuar) and keep going. Grab the presents, dash past the next set of Bombs, stop slightly before where Umaro is, wait until he's just about to throw his snowball, then dash again. The next set of Cactuars is a bit tricky. I dash until I see the next Bomb, wait until the first Cactuar lunges, dash just past the Bomb, pause until the next Cactuar lunges, then dash quickly and outrun the third. When you see Shiva DON'T STOP, keep dashing! She won't get you if you don't stop even though it seems like she will. Collect more presents (this is where you'll get the bulk of your score), then dash to the next set of Bombs. This set with the Nut Eater can be sketchy so you'll need a bit of luck here. Now the two Umaros, pause before the first one again and wait until he throws the snowball, start dashing again, but for the next Umaro with Shiva, DON'T STOP, just keep going! Shiva will miss you and the second Umaro will throw the snowball ahead of you, but this is fine because it'll land near the two Nut Eaters, and you'll have to pause there anyway. Now keep dashing to the last three Bombs. This is another place you'll need a bit of luck, as if you can't pass by them immediately, it's really tough to dodge the last Cactuar. Anyway, just dash like mad in the last stretch after the three Bombs and you're done!

Kain

Speaking of Mobius, I started, I didn't get nothing about the battle system (not that it was hard, I was just not paying attention xD), I finished a couple of chapters and got bored fast. Does it get better? The wasteland setting didn't help.

BE I tried it for a couple of months but it required too much effort for little reward I think.

Falk

that puzzling face
Mobius started out extremely well in terms of model, then degenerated into blatant paywalls for stuff. On the upside RNG is rather light, and the multiplayer is among the best I've ever played in any Gacha - either all 4 knows what to do, or you die.

Dragner

Combat on mobius was super fun and complex. But that was what killed it for me. Too much effort for a mobile game. I was spending too much time doing stuff and battling and the stamina took ages to deplete. The fact that the app drained my phone in no time didnt help either.

Later I heard about the paywall for the legendary cards and Im glad I quit.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't think they're comparable. You don't *need* the legend cards, but it sucks for people who really want them.

KHU isn't bad persay either. If anything it's far, far easier to pull good stuff than BE. The flipside is there are a lot of bonus medals you can only get by guilting already-rare medals.

Context is everything.

Pulling there can be extremely frustrating though because as cpp_is_king said, there is always a chance that your entire 11 pull will be worthless.
Indeed. I just did 22 pulls over there and only got two units that had any use: Two 3* TM units. Basically, it was like the equivalent of going 0/22 here on and getting only 2 useful 4* that only have RS in a realm that won't have an event for 4 months.

Then I did a reroll out of frustration and got Noctis first try. Extremely depressing stuff. There's no way I'm ditching my D1, Soft-Launch account even if he is OP and I never got a Base 5* unit.

Anustart, I know you were rerolling to start FFBE. If you want my Noctis roll, let me know. The other 5 units aren't anything notworthy, but it could save ya a ton of time if I wanna stop the reroll train.

Dragner

Pulling in FFBE will be garbage, until they change to be like japan it will be like this. Its like having guarantee 5* where the item can be a 3++ platinum sword(XII). Its bad.

And there isnt event G5...is G4. The saving grace is that there are some 3* and 4* useful units. But exceptions aside they will fold fast against native 5* chase units. And with more units in the pool every event is harder and harder to pull that useful 3 and 4* units.

Pulling in FFBE will be garbage, until they change to be like japan it will be like this. Its like having guarantee 5* where the item can be a 3++ platinum sword(XII). Its bad.

And there isnt event G5...is G4. The saving grace is that there are some 3* and 4* useful units. But exceptions aside they will fold fast against native 5* chase units. And with more units in the pool every event is harder and harder to pull that useful 3 and 4* units.
Yuuuuuuuuup! I didn't get either of the 4* Banner units this time, couldn't get Snow or Hope last time and didnn't even get a measly 3* Ludmille until recently, despite countless pulls on the original Lightning banner with her as a boosted unit.

FFRK's gacha is far more forgiving. Even before G5 was a thing, I'd still say it was better.

Watch out, they might hear you and bring back Parade Float.
There was this thing a couple of months ago:
https://ffrk攻略.gamema...;者たち(9月26日)
~36k challenges, 5.2k victories (all logged in the hall of fame). As for what that was and what actual reward you got:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5el_KbWHHk0
Although that was intentionally over the top and cream of the corp only. As the video is a bit long weak phase pattern which includes a single target 99,999 damage attack every few turns (this is why that video RWd Edge, need last stand to survive)

Soo I guess that they have just dropped the idea of apology mythril? It's been a long time since any corrections have come with a gift.
Are the mistakes we're getting really medal conditions being completely wrong (the last apology I got I remembered was this) rather than badly worded advice and the wrong music (speaking of which does that FFV Dungeon still have FFXIII music?).

Dragner

Im pumped for Multiplayer going out of beta next week. Unless something is wrong we should have our first set of MO challenges for the FFV event.

Syntsui

So I spent 2k of my country's currency on more than 100 pulls and didn't get Noctis on Brave Exvius.

Let's say I did this here, what would be the chance of the same fucking bullshit happening?

Credo

Did you ever write to customer service from the app by any chance?

I never did, no. Never had a problem with the game for as long as I played it. I suppose I deserve this for being too stupid to at least take a pic of my user ID. Any recommendations for other phone games to replace FFRK?

100 pulls would be about 10 multipulls in ffrk. I think 10 multipulls would almost guarantee you every relic on a specific banner unless your luck was super bad.
I'm not sure I agree as a BSSB/OSB has 1% chance for each relic drawn (for 10 of the 11 pull, for the guaranteed one is what 1/13, 1/16...I don't know the current 5* rates) my numbers are like 55% from the guaranteed relic and 9% from the other 10 relics on all the pulls.

Maybe my stats are bugged as that sounds like things have not really changed from the days of one winged angel guy where with over 500 mythril they would only have about a 60% chance of getting one winged angel.

The easiest way to get something you want? Pull on a banner full of things you want :)

Adeptrain

I'm not sure I agree as a BSSB/OSB has 1% chance for each relic drawn (for 10 of the 11 pull, for the guaranteed one is what 1/13, 1/16...I don't know the current 5* rates) my numbers are like 55% from the guaranteed relic and 9% from the other 10 relics on all the pulls.

Maybe my stats are bugged as that sounds like things have not really changed from the days of one winged angel guy where with over 500 mythril they would only have about a 60% chance of getting one winged angel.

The easiest way to get something you want? Pull on a banner full of things you want :)

Really? It's that low even for a bssb? I'd believe 1% for an osb.. But I thought getting a specific burst would have a higher chance... Like 10%

Really? It's that low even for a bssb? I'd believe 1% for an osb.. But I thought getting a specific burst would have a higher chance... Like 10%
It's currently 1% per OSB/BSB/Generic On-Banner, and 2% per SSB/SB for each individual pull, with a 5* rate of ~14%. Though those numbers get significantly higher, proportionally, for the Guaranteed 5* pull. Off-banner odds will/already have gone down to less than 1%.

thedan001

I did 5 pulls on the first FFT banner and never pulled Platinum Sword.

In fact, I still don't have Platinum Sword. :(

Dang, first thing I did coming back was 2 pulls in keeper's vol.2 banner...
3 Platinum swords and 2 sentinel's grimoires (=_=;)

So should I just be focusing on getting through the story realms first to collect Stamina and Mythril?

Yes, and farm orbs in dailies, do difficulties 60/90 for chance on major orbs. Try to clear events as much as you can also for character unlocks.

BSB feels like 10% out of a rainbow orb to me too, I believe on that 1% OSB chance tho. Prism spheres are so pretty!

It's currently 1% per OSB/BSB/Generic On-Banner, and 2% per SSB/SB for each individual pull, with a 5* rate of ~14%. Though those numbers get significantly higher, proportionally, for the Guaranteed 5* pull. Off-banner odds will/already have gone down to less than 1%.

thereitis.gif

1% each bsb given 14% chance of rainbow orb sounds right

Dragner

At some point the off banner rate will go to 0.2% and that 0.2% will divide between 0.1% to off banner 5* and 0.1% to off banner 6*. So pretty good. But I dont know the banner where it starts. Should start around the anniversary.

Kain

They should definitely do something about the daily free draw. I mean, I know it's not supposed to crap out 5* every day, but they should give some little, small, tiny bit of hope. I think the current rate for 5* is like 0.000001 or something like this. I don't even bother anymore, and lots of people don't either.

Dragner

They should definitely do something about the daily free draw. I mean, I know it's not supposed to crap out 5* every day, but they should give some little, small, tiny bit of hope. I think the current rate for 5* is like 0.000001 or something like this. I don't even bother anymore, and lots of people don't either.

I dont draw from it anymore and I even got a 5* from it once...but nowadays the rate is so bad that its not worth it.

So I spent 2k of my country's currency on more than 100 pulls and didn't get Noctis on Brave Exvius.

Let's say I did this here, what would be the chance of the same fucking bullshit happening?

Lol noctis is out and they made him a banner pull? Fucking Gumi, man. Same thing happened to me with Lightning. Never again.

But you want some real math, so here. I'll use this banner for my calculations.

89 Relics
9 OSB/USB (10.11%)
30 BSB (33.71%)
50 SSB (56.18%)

An 11x draw will have one guaranteed 5* relic, plus a 14% chance per orb at a 5* for the other 10 draws.

Let's look at the guaranteed 5* here. You do 10x 11 pulls, you're going to get 10x 5* relics. Simple.

Now let's look at the other 10 draws. Each one has a 14% chance per orb at a 5*. Since you're doing 10x 11-pull, that's going to be 100 chances.

Out of 100 trials, you would expect to get 100 * 0.14 = 14 5*.

Overall, you should end up with 24x 5* relics.

Using the probability distribution computed above, this should break down as:

24 * .1011 = 2x OSB / USB
24 * .3371 = 8x BSB
24 * .5618 = 14x SSB

So you should end up with 2 OSB/USB, 8 BSB, and 14 SSB

If you want to know the odds of getting a *specific* relic:

If you want a specific OSB/USB, your odds are 22.22%
If you want a specific BSB, your odds are 26.66%
If you want a specific SSB, your odds are 28%

Still not great odds if there's only one single item you want, but simply "chasing the rainbow" so to speak is much more profitable, as you're all but guaranteed lots of rainbows.

Does the 90 stamina orb dungeon still drop 3* orbs, or is it 4* and 5* only? I was able to clear the 60 stamina dungeon, but I was disappointed to see that I was still getting 3* orbs. I don't think I'll be able to clear the 90 stamina yet though.

Does the 90 stamina orb dungeon still drop 3* orbs, or is it 4* and 5* only? I was able to clear the 60 stamina dungeon, but I was disappointed to see that I was still getting 3* orbs. I don't think I'll be able to clear the 90 stamina yet though.

Guaranteed drop of at least 3* is the difference. The rate for 4* is not bad, but yesterday I got twice 18 3* for 90 Stamina. There is good days and bad days. There will be better dailies at some point in the future.

By the way, if I remember correctly, the 90 Stamina dungeons does not hit as hard as the 60 Stamina dungeon but have more HP. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. I know for sure that I find the 90 Stamina Exp dungeon way easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom