• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha cheers guys, the more you know!

I was targeting the boss but then it just directed the Revive to an ally instead and 'missed'. I don't have Raise so i'll just have to Firaja/Diaga him to death in the Boss Rush :)

Valus

Is there going to be a bonus quest added after the fact like the Hope event? Annoyed the crap out of me that I needed to do that mission again...

Red Mage

The sad thing is that my Rising Sun is more useful on Setzer than Locke because Setzer can actually break the level cap.

Has Japan gotten his MC yet? Also, dungeon update on Sunday evening, if they keep on schedule.

*edit* Was reading FFRK reddit and came across this:

Abyss Demon wall instantly KOing whoever uses Retaliate.

...why? >_<

greyshark

Intimidate is making this event quite the breeze so far.

Did anyone encounter Deathgaze? Didn't pop for me but tempted to re-run it a few times to help get some levels on Setzer & Celes in preparation for Bonus Battles.

According to Reddit we'll meet Deathgaze as the last enemy in the 2nd to last Elite.

Red Mage

Yeah we are getting it next month with the Shadow event, finally!

Because it is supposed to be a challenge and advance+retaliate would make it too easy to cheese.

Oh, it's a challenge event. I thought it was the name "Abyss Demon" and wall as "will."

Balphon

Ran into Deathgaze. Ended up being around 112k experience for everyone since I had a full FF6 party.

Terra gained 11200 mastery points on Enhancer. Would have learned it in one fight.

Negator

My synergy weapons made the event a complete joke. Gave Setzer Locke's weapon and he was doing absurd damage from the back row.

Kaiterra

Banned
This FFX-2 event in JP is crazy easy. I haven't really made anything in the way of abilities and am crushing battles that are 20 difficulty ranks above my party. I'm gonna get the blank memory crystal here and probably forget about taking on Gafgarion to get Ramza's over in the FFT event because getting Agrias was hard enough.

And just to make it even more of a cakewalk (and make me even saltier over my bad Lucky Draws in global augh) I got Jecht's sword, Rikku's knuckle, Tidus' shield and that fire bracer thing off the banner all in one draw. Maaaan.

Ran into Deathgaze on my very first round of the second to last event stage. I didn't have any fire or holy abilities so it took quite a while to munch through his HP. I didn't get mastery but still a shit ton of exp.

I wonder how much exp the new Sunday daily will give?

I'm almost stunned at the amount of progress I've been able to make lately in Record Keeper, partially because I've been too lazy to switch teams around so I've just stuck with my a team and they've stomped though classic dungeons and a few elites I needed for memory crystals/record materia. I guess it doesn't hurt having 4 native 5 star mage staffs that I can throw around on people and 3 native 5 star mage armor.

Razmos

I really like Setzer's animations, shame his stats are so low but another 5* support user is pretty cool, and his record materia is pretty nifty.

Got 2 MCs from this event! Don't think I can handle the 75 difficulty level though.

Should I be using eggs to level the people I havent really used to get their synergy for events? Or still just focus on the one team.

Also as someone with only 1 real 5* not counting the halloween. Should I just be doing 11 pulls on whatever event I get to 50 mythril on to try and build the 5* up or wait for certain banners?

nacarelli

Neo Member
I'm almost stunned at the amount of progress I've been able to make lately in Record Keeper, partially because I've been too lazy to switch teams around so I've just stuck with my a team and they've stomped though classic dungeons and a few elites I needed for memory crystals/record materia. I guess it doesn't hurt having 4 native 5 star mage staffs that I can throw around on people and 3 native 5 star mage armor.

I am a week one player and I don't have a single one native 5* rod... My best ones are a Gravity Rod and a Empyrean Rod, just makes me sad (although I do have many 3*++ rods in many realms) ... I think RNGesus doesn't want me to go full mage meta.

On the other hand, the number of swords, spears and defensive 5* native gear makes me able to cover just about event and dungeon so far.

Red Mage

I am a week one player and I don't have a single one native 5* rod... My best ones are a Gravity Rod and a Empyrean Rod, just makes me sad (although I do have many 3*++ rods in many realms) ... I think RNGesus doesn't want me to go full mage meta.

On the other hand, the number of swords, spears and defensive 5* native gear makes me able to cover just about event and dungeon so far.

IX's second banner is what I am going for. Lots of mage gear and the awesome power vest (I think that is what it translates to). Great light armor with Protectga as the SB.

Wazzy

Banned
Put a hold on finishing the boss rush so I can catch up on elites(all caught up on classics) and it's going okay. Every VIII elite is finished except last and I'm working on competing VII's.

Razmos

Yeah I lost a lot of momentum coming off orbfest as well. After finishing the Hope bonus battes I had like 3 days with nothing to do before the Celes event started. It's a good thing the new daily difficulty was added or I probably wouldn't have been doing much.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh my god it actually worked

Magic pot dropped a 5*

I can't wait for the results screen to find out if it was a 5* Scarletite or Adamantite

broz0rs

The new + Friday dungeon was pretty easy with Auron retaliate and yukizaze. I got a 5* Adamantite from a pot monster.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nice thing about post-orbfest dailies is I pretty much have 1 loadout saved that works for all dailies - mage/mage/summoner/summoner in the back row with ruinga/meteor/maduin/valefor and Snow with draw fire, all in the first ability slot. The four casters have Zeal, Sky Pirate's Pride, Pre-emptive Strike and Flash of Light. Don't even need the recharge RMs.

I just spam the first ability slot at 3 speed. So far people have only died once. (Boo hoo, Expert instead of Master, gonna get 150% instead of 200% XP for my capped dudes)

Being able to autobattle them might have been even less effort, but that'd require tinkering with the awful UI to set up for RS. Rather just have my RS-agnostic AOE party handle things.

Nohar

Well, I'm done with Setzer's event until the Bonus Battles are up. I am a little annoyed that we will need to bring Setzer with us for the + and ++ fights (at least he is a somewhat decent support, and everyone has the Pumpkin, so he will be able to deal some damages). I will need to level up him at the Sunday dungeon (on top of egging him to at least level 40 beforehand).

+++ fight seems to be a joke: Earth Dragon is weak to Paralysis, Poison, Blind, Sleep and Slow. He has a lot of HP, but with the right hones he shouldn't last too long (plus, Poison). Heck, it can be cheesed with just Poison, Sleep and magic (equip Celes with Poison/Sleep, bring your mages, exploit his Water weakness - and wind one, otherwise no mastery - and it's done).

Also: Both Behemot in the ++ fight are vulnerable to Doom (assuming that won't change for the Global version). Well, it might be Strago's chance to shine.

johnsmith

remember me
He can use swords, and everybody has at least 1 5* FF6 sword by now. This alone makes him the 2nd best Breaker after Vaan, imo, and the best Full Breaker.

Falk

that puzzling face
Considering how many new faces we have and how many people have quit, Zantetsuken isn't as ubiquitous as it was a few months ago.

this game is old lol

Falk

that puzzling face
I have 6

gBrovnRl.jpg

hi5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom