• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

If the Bahamut ExFlare attack is random, and you have to beat it before he uses it 3 times, is it even worth mastering? Unless ExFlare is different from Flare.

They are different, but he uses Flare randomly as well when under 40% HP. The first Flare cast is scripted.

thedan001

100 gem pull

Vincent's Shortbarrel

any tips in using Vincent? I'm planning on using him for CM mission, just never used him before. Is he magey?

So far... Cait Sith's megaphone, Aerith BSB rod, Zack's BSB and Yuffie BSB.

Just need last spot and have Barret's bracer+++ or Vincent's barrel gun. Both lv50's but I could egg one of them to 65 for CM battle

B.K.

I think I'm going to have to finally make Curaja. Aerith isn't able to keep up with heals in the Bahamut U++ fight with just Curaga and her BSB AoE heal.

Anustart

Bahamut was pretty easy. Beatrix, Onion, Bartz, Zidane, Rosa.

Rosa and b on magic blink duty. zidane on debuff and bartz and ok going ham.

The scorpion can go to all hell. Luckily I had a good amount of Lightning Resist stuff but that AoE Stop was incredibly annoying.

Genesis was piss easy compared to that, not a single Medica needed.

Have yet to beat an U++ battle but I'll try Bahamut later.

What's a good AoE ability i can use to easily clear exp daily? Would like to start doing it with just 2 people where one carries the other but I'll need a good aoe to wipe the round in 1 hit

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's a good AoE ability i can use to easily clear exp daily? Would like to start doing it with just 2 people where one carries the other but I'll need a good aoe to wipe the round in 1 hit
Mage would be ruinaga.
I haven't bothered making any of the physical AoE though.

I think I'm going to have to finally make Curaja. Aerith isn't able to keep up with heals in the Bahamut U++ fight with just Curaga and her BSB AoE heal.
Yeah, I bit the bullet and made Curaja for the first WM Nightmare. It's worth it to survive those first hits that are hard.

Unfortunately. It's not that bad, though.
Maybe I'll try again. I just couldn't get it with Faris as support, but I can't survive if I try to stack an FF7 DPS team.

Dragner

Guetto bahamut hits hard on his weak phase, he almost killed me but squeeshed the win barely with 3 chars only on the brink of death. He goes AOE crazy so I recommend you to keep your burst for the last phase. And dont be like me and bring resist death accesories.

Guetto bahamut hits hard on his weak phase, he almost killed me but squeeshed the win barely with 3 chars only on the brink of death. He goes AOE crazy so I recommend you to keep your burst for the last phase. And dont be like me and bring resist death accesories.

So don't bring death accessories like you did??

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Exaflare is a gravity attack, instant death resist will work on it.
I guess I don't understand this mechanic - gravity attacks can be mitigated by instant-death accessories the same way that say, lightning attacks can be mitigated by lightning-resist accessories?

Dragner

I guess I don't understand this mechanic - gravity attacks can be mitigated by instant-death accessories the same way that say, lightning attacks can be mitigated by lightning-resist accessories?

Yes, is counter intuitive but its the only way of mitigating this attacks.

Balphon

Kinda.

Gravity isn't an element like lightning. The game treats it as a status effect (i.e. like blind) that causes you to immediately take a fixed % of your current or max HP in damage. The effect's chance to hit is measured against instant KO resistance, so if you have instant KO resistance accessories equipped it can miss. However, you won't take reduced damage like with elemental resistance; the attack will either miss or hit for the full effect.

Out of those, you can safely ditch BM. The rest depend on what relics and record synergy you have. And nostalgia value, I guess.

I used Reno for the longest time in VII realms and he was solid, especially since he has a decent physical attack for autoing. But there are a lot better ones out there since his MAG isn't quite up there. The moment I got Vincent's SSB he went to the bench.

Haven't used Shan or Rydia a lot but people really like Rydia. I believe she also has 5* Summon and some basic WHM access. Shan supposedly has high MAG and even 4* monk for some reason but XI is a rare realm to be fightning in.

I'd go with Rydia if I were you.

Syntsui

Rydia it is then. I just need to pull a good rod to actually do some damage now.

Shouldn't I level up BM or even WM for their RM?

Yes, you absolutely should. But as far as actually using them in higher level content, no-no. They have no real value for stats nor do they have high level relics specifically for them (some 4* stuff with Unique SBs in the main campaign but nothing to write home about). Level them on Sundailies (or egg them) for RMs but use better chars for actual progress and events.

I mean, there are a few players who use nothing but cores for a challenge but they are eesentially high level players looking for an additional challenge. You're ways away from that.

Dragner

The value of WM and BM materias have diminished over time, they used to be almost mandatory but now we have plenty orbs and bursts extend hones enough to not depend of that RMs.

Devout RM2 is the one everybody should aim, its super good on white mages.

thedan001

Accomplished a new milestone after coming back to FFRK

Cleared my first CM!

I wasn't sure if a lv50-ish party could do it, but I had good equipment synergy and BSB's

Red XIII in party to alternate hastega and boostga SB's with wrath so I could RW Tyro wall, because of crappy HP pool. Yuffie was MVP with triple stacked atk buff, (SB boostga str/mnd, steal power and burst steal atk/def)

Screenie time

AcRGASol.png

F4K0l9Wl.png

ptcN8aal.png

86Ubsnql.png

Dragner

The banner also seems to have regular SBs inside, good if you want a chance to SG or Thyrus bad if you already have wall.

But may be a 25 mythril option for OK Burst at least if you dont have it.

I have OK, Shout and wall so Ill pass. And even if you dont have wall theres thyrus as a common relic on the XIV banner.

Anustart

Only thing I'm missing is the native wall. I never use tyro, so I'll bank on getting it from 14 banner when I get my 8* Alphinaud burst.

Anustart

This is like the first time in months I've been able to save mythril and they ain't scamming me.

I probably would pull, but my buff relics are decent as is. Have Shout, OK burst, Sheep song and some others.

I'll pull on it, half priced and garunteed character relic at worst is another stat stick or a 6*+ on something good I already have. I really don't care about osb fest all in for TG Cid banner

*chance* at a greater egg. For the most part greater eggs are a drop in the bucket for going 80 to 99. Pots on all other days can drop major orbs, should be able to drop major eggs.

I guess what I mean is, isn't any kind of egg better than no kind of egg? It seems like even if it drops a regular egg, it's still worth more than having gotten a regular round of trash mobs. Or does the magic pot lower the exp you get at the end of the round, negating it?

Anustart

I guess what I mean is, isn't any kind of egg better than no kind of egg? It seems like even if it drops a regular egg, it's still worth more than having gotten a regular round of trash mobs. Or does the magic pot lower the exp you get at the end of the round, negating it?

Just upset that they can't drop major eggs.

Cid Mission Ultimate+ done. It felt nice to trot Red XIII out with the OG SB, Lunatic High, plus Aerith tossing around Planet Protector. Just like 2015! Add in Zack calling in air strikes, and it wasn't too bad.

Dragner

yeah lately theyve just introduced some annoying mechanics to classic U battles, is nice to increase a bit the difficulty of U battles, because before you could just faceroll over them, but mechanics like the scripted stop or first turn magitek laser into healer S/L is not the way. Thats annoying not rewarding.

We are in a moment where U+ battles are easier than U, because U+ are super easy if you dont do Cid Missions nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom