• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

Tyro will get a Status Ailment Blink. Now we know why there is something like this. lol

I knew as soon as I saw Tyro's USB (along with Affliction Break/Ultra Cure) that we were heading into a status meta.

And it's come true (in Japan at least). Affliction Break is basically required in MP, and I've seen of a few status spam fights in future events.

We have USB's after OSB now, eh?

Or same thing?

Tyro's OSB is coming out in the fest hopefully, so I'm guessing USB is a new version?

Think of USB as the support version of OSB. Same tier of power, but dedicated to buffs/healing/support/etc and not pure damage. It's a stupid naming convention, should've just renamed it Overdrive Soul Breaks or something similar and not Overstrike to not pidgeon hole itself into just damage.

Anustart

I'm going against my own advice! My mind says don't pull, but my heart says I have the mythril and I love seeing rainbows!!!!!!!!!!

thedan001

Think of USB as the support version of OSB. Same tier of power, but dedicated to buffs/healing/support/etc and not pure damage.

That's what I was thinking. I remember Yuna had an USB so I wondered about that.

I've made a note to invest 6* crystals into affliction break and get it to R2 at least.

At least Affliction Break orbs don't conflict with Curada and Meltdown.

I'm going against my own advice! My mind says don't pull, but my heart says I have the mythril and I love seeing rainbows!!!!!!!!!!

Incoming 1/11 pull with a SSB

WarAdept

Buff Banner

Well this was unexpected. Don't know whether I want to pull. I think Buff SB's are by far the best type of SB's, but I have all the essentials already (Wall, Shout, Vessel).

Half price though...

But then again, I have 500+ mithril...

Summoner's Dream/Sheepsong would be very nice.

Syntsui

Well this was unexpected. Don't know whether I want to pull. I think Buff SB's are by far the best type of SB's, but I have all the essentials already (Wall, Shout, Vessel).

Half price though...

But then again, I have 500+ mithril...

Summoner's Dream/Sheepsong would be very nice.
How many months of hoarding to get 500 mithril?

Dragner

How many months of hoarding to get 500 mithril?

Now we make around 100 a month

39/40 from logins

40 from events

4 from gyshal exchange

15/16 from dungeon update

so 5 months...is usually less because we are thrown some myth from portal app, orbfest, promotions, etc...

And starting now we will get another 3 more mythril each week from Multiplayer.

It's a stupid naming convention, should've just renamed it Overdrive Soul Breaks or something similar and not Overstrike to not pidgeon hole itself into just damage.

I couldn't believe they didn't go with such a wonderful and uncomplicated solution such as "Oversoul Break". It has "Soul Break" in its name and Oversoul is a well established term in FF lore. Not to mention it rolls off the toungue very nicely.

Syntsui

Sweet, I hope I can be set as far as indispensable relics go by the time FFXIV banner is over, so I can guarantee the multi-player and event mithrils.

thedan001

Sweet, I hope I can be set as far as indispensable relics go by the time FFXIV banner is over, so I can guarantee the multi-player and event mithrils.

Don't forget FFT with Thunder God Cid, everytime I see your avatar with "soon", it just reminds me of it haha

Tidd

I know if someone ask if you should pull on the LD the answer you will get is "no". I did it nonetheless. And I'm glad I did it. <3 Time to start the hype train for you?

IvpXvj2.jpg

When I saw this I was like "OMG! AHHHH this is THE Platinum Sword, isn'it?" Also got something for my FF VIII synergy which is poor because I never bothered to pull on one of those FF VIII banners.

Celes burst dupe and Gordon ssb gungnir. I am pretty please with this pull. Never pulled on a Ii banner and have two offensive ssbs one medica ssb and a couple stat sticks. Gordon's boosts faithga physical blink sounds extremely handy not that I would ever choose him over onion or celes which have similar bsbs....

hesho

Hmm

Maybe I should use more eggs

u have far less eggs then i do...

i have a very serious problem with hoarding eggs. I'm at 452 majors, 979 greater and 1702 growths eggs right now...

I just can't bring myself to use the major eggs for some reason.

edit: pulled sirus sidearm from lucky pull.. yay i guess?

MrDaravon

Pulled and only got Sazh's SSB (Sirius Sidearms). First 11 pull since we got G5 where I only got 1 5* lol. I didn't have anything at all for Sazh and nothing in terms of support SBs for XIII so this is okay for me actually although it obviously wouldn't have been my first pick. /shrug

Ahnez

Penelo's Burst and Desch +atk/def unique

I don't really know anything about those two.

Are they useful, or just stat sticks?

The banner was too tempting and I did a pull. I ended up with a second Deneb Dueller for Sazh and Laguna's Sirius. Kind of disappointed with the pull. Hoping my luck improves for FF14/OSB banners. So far I've been only able to draw 3 BSBs.

thedan001

I've been pulling at every lucky draw 25 mythril ones to help expand my set of relics to help get me started with CM missions.

It helps, however I don't see myself pulling on this one since I have most of buff relics already.

If there isn't Celes BSB in the orbfest, maybe I'll consider it or do celerity banner one. I still want to do 2-3 pulls for a shot at OSBs during orbfests.

Ok, I'll post my disappointment soon.

Nah, you'll get shout and end this OT2 at a high note!

Ok, I'll post my disappointment soon.

Edit:
LOL
wHCv6u3.jpg

Show us the goods! What did you get

Rate my pull, guys! I really wanted a rod and I got another dupe :(((

64IXeip.jpg

I got Gilgamesh and DKC on the first pull of FFIII banner. Then I got Lightning in one single ticket, that's probably what jinxed me with Noctis lol.

Pretty strong pull maria's song will make celes an mvp for you. Edea's headress is a strong boostga + hastega for magic meta and a strong magic armor for any realm. Kefka's scarf is also a boostga, don't remember what robe that is.

thedan001

Rate my pull, guys! I really wanted a rod and I got another dupe :(((

You should unlock Celes imo, Maria's Song is like Shout but gives less atk% boost while also boosting magic as well. Great for mixed teams.

No hastega altho.

Edit: like BassForever pointed out... you could stack Celes and Edea for a sweet mage team set up with double stacked magic boostga and hastega to boot

Celes is a solid character to have.

Syntsui

I'll unlock Celes and Edea. It helps that I love their sprites too!

So, buffs stack in this game? That's a nice surprise. By the way, that white robe is for Sarah "Temporarily raise the party's Attack a moderate amount, and their Defense a small amount".

I think I already have that with Angeal's sword, so pretty meh.

Ahnez

So, buffs stack in this game? That's a nice surprise. By the way, that white robe is for Sarah "Temporarily raise the party's Attack a moderate amount, and their Defense a small amount".

I think I already have that with a
Angeal's sword, so pretty meh.
Buffs with different IDs do stack

An easy way to know if they stack is checking if their stat combinations don't match

IE, a +atk/def will stack with a +atk/mag, but not with another +atk/def

There are exceptions to this rule, however..

Xetherion

I think I already have that with Angeal's sword, so pretty meh.

Generally, buffs that don't affect the exact same stat(s) will stack with each other. Celes' gives an ATK/MAG buff, which stacks with Edea's pure MAG buff. Sarah's gives an ATK/DEF buff, and Angeal's sword is actually a pure 100% DEF buff, so they will stack as well.

I think I already have that with a
Angeal's sword, so pretty meh.

Yes and no

Every buff/debuff has an id attached to it, general rule of thumb is each unique combination is a different, buffs of a same id override each other

Example

You use ramza shout (+50%str)
You use a +atk + def sb this will stack
You use zidane's ssb (+30%str) this will over ride shout
You use a + atk + mag sb this will stack

thedan001

So, buffs stack in this game?

Technically, buffs cannot stack. However, if a buff raises different stats at a time, it will stack.

Case in point, your Celes BSB raises attack and magic while Edea raises magic and gives hastega.

MAG and ATK/MAG will stack upon each other. If there's other boostga like MAG/MND from selphie' BSB, it will stack even more.

Same applies for breakdowns. You cannot stack Power Breakdown and Steal Power (thief ability) since both only lower enemy's Atk.

It will stack with Full Break or Multi Break or Faris BSB which does full break effect. On top of that, any abilities that decrease enemy's atk/mag at once will further stack.

Hope this makes sense.

EDIT: beaten thrice!

DOUBLE EDIT: This is actually what makes difficulty 160/180 much easier... multi stacking of buffs and debuffs

Syntsui

Holy shit, this is great to know. So I have 5 legit stackable buffers now.

Cid's large ATK
Angeal large DEF
Celes moderate ATK + MAG
Edea/Sahz small MAG
Sarah moderate ATK + DEF

The synergy is all over the place, but can I make a legit team out of these guys only?

Holy shit, this is great to know. So I have 4 legit stackable buffers now.

Cid's large ATK
Angeal large DEF
Celes moderate ATK + MAG
Edea/Sahz small MAG

The synergy is all over the place, but can I make a legit team out of these guys only?

You'll need a healer but yeah more or less

Cid with mako might/dr mogs teaching for dps
Angeal for dps
Celes with dr mogs/mako might for dps
Healer
Sazh for debuffs

If you need magic probably drop Angeal for Edea since his sb is least useful for your general a team. You'll want to rw wall and ideally pull some kind of medica for any healer on a future banner.

WarAdept

Holy shit, this is great to know. So I have 4 legit stackable buffers now.

Cid's large ATK
Angeal large DEF
Celes moderate ATK + MAG
Edea/Sahz small MAG

Absolutely. You have Hastega and several boostagas. Sazh is your support to spam breakdowns. All you need is a white mage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom