• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xetherion

Holy shit, this is great to know. So I have 5 legit stackable buffers now.

Cid's large ATK
Angeal large DEF
Celes moderate ATK + MAG
Edea/Sahz small MAG
Sarah moderate ATK + DEF

The synergy is all over the place, but can I make a legit team out of these guys only?

For now you could. You still need a medica at some point, but you have some serious offensive buff power. You can RW Wall for mitigation.

Your team should have:

healer: Sarah until you get a medica for someone
support: Sazh? (not sure what SB you have for him and if it's worth bringing him)
dps: Cid
dps: Angeal
dps: Celes

Or swap out Cid and Angeal for Edea and another mage if you want to run a mage team.

Edit: actually, vs physical bosses you probably have plenty of mitigation between Angeal and Sarah. You could probably RW a medica in that case. You'll still need help vs magical bosses though.

thedan001

Holy shit, this is great to know. So I have 5 legit stackable buffers now.

Cid's large ATK
Angeal large DEF
Celes moderate ATK + MAG
Edea/Sahz small MAG
Sarah moderate ATK + DEF

The synergy is all over the place, but can I make a legit team out of these guys only?

Honestly, if it was me, I'd drop Angeal and Sarah because protectga/shellga with a wall is more than enough defense/mitigation.

Swap them with strong DPS for either physical or magic correlated with proper stat buff. Celes stays in for both magic/physical teams, this will give your team a more focused dps which is typically better than mixed teams.

And yes, look out for white mage banners for medics, I recommend XIV, one of best white mages in there especially if you pull her wall also.

Don't forget a support character with at least 4* support ability to do power and magic breakdowns. Full Break will be even nicer, it's a 5* ability and requires major orbs which might be tricky for you at this point.

WarAdept

I forgot to add Sarah, so that makes 5. Edited my post.

The only thing you're really missing is someone to bring the other of the ProShellga combo (because Sarah will be carrying one), unless you want to RW something that has it, which is also very viable. You can dive Celes to get White 4 though.

But yeah, I'd concentrate on getting a medica now. You're pretty set to roll some content with those characters (just need the appropriate hones/RMs) and then you'll be able to expand and mix and match characters however you feel like.

Anustart

I never use both shell and protect. One or the other has been easily sufficient.

Good luck on the pulls guys!

also guy just gets here gets 5/11. ive never had more than 3/11......

thedan001

Thanks for the tips guys. Hopefully I'll get the Medica relic from the FFXIV banner or even from Orbfest's, if they have one.

If you want comparisons,

For 180 fights, this is how I do it myself:

Tyro with Dr. Mog's Teachings RM start off with Keeper's Tome for instant protectga/shellga. Followed up with burst breakdown atk/mag down followed with power/magic breakdown. Rinse and repeat.

My healer starts off with RW wall since she has highest MND which affects wall's duration. (This is not correct, my bad) Typically does cures/esuna/whatever, medics when SB full.

Ramza Mako Might RM starts off with shout, I put Full Break in here, life siphon to build SB to shout again.

Onion Knight BSB for atk/mag boost and burst dps commands.

Last spot for whatever DPS that calls for boss mechanics.

So 3 layers of debuff and 2 layers of atk buff with a medics to keep everyone alive.

Thanks for the tips guys. Hopefully I'll get the Medica relic from the FFXIV banner or even from Orbfest's, if they have one.

Fwiw keepers choice 1 has a few medicas on it

Arc FF3 cura heal to party and + res
Yuna FF10 cura heal to party + heavy regen
Vanille FF13 cura heal to party + protectega
Ramza FFT % heal to party

Most would argue to save and see if you get lucky during the fest or ffxiv banner for a curaga level heal or a burst heal and I agree, but you do have an option if you find a group heal is the difference that could put you over harder content.

I never use both shell and protect. One or the other has been easily sufficient.

Good luck on the pulls guys!

Yeah you almost never need both unless you're under leveled/equip and you have a paladin like Agrias or Beatrix on your team. Generally whichever the boss does the majority of his damage with is all you need.

Xetherion

If you want comparisons,

For 180 fights, this is how I do it myself:

Tyro with Dr. Mog's Trachings RW, start off with Keeper's Tome for instant protectga/shellga. Followed up with burst breakdown atk/mag down followed with power/magic breakdown. Rinse and repeat.

My healer starts off with RW wall since she has highest MND which affects wall's duration. Typically does cures/esuna/whatever, medics when SB full.

Ramza Mako Might RM starts off with shout, I put Full Break in here, life siphon to build SB to shout again.

Onion Knigjt BSB for atk/mag boost and burst dos commands.

Last spot for whatever DPS that calls for boss mechanics.

So 3 layers of debuff and 2 layers of atk buff with a medics to keep everyone alive.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Wall is a fixed duration. MND has no effect on it.

Syntsui

So my priorities are:
- get a Medica (I'll wait for better banners)
- get the godlike RMs

Right now I'll keep focusing on the story mode to get enough stamina for Orbfest, but when this is all said and done I'll focus on these priorities. I'll check that PDF Guide linked yesterday to see how to get everything.

Xetherion

1/11 on LD, Porom's Feathered Hat. It's new, but it's not good enough for me to ever use Porom and it's stats are too low for me to ever use it outside of CM's. I hear it's good as a RW though so let me know if you guys want me to put it up instead of Sheepsong.

I think i'm done with Lucky Draws unless they're Burst only like the Black Friday one.

thedan001

So my priorities are:
- get a Medica (I'll wait for better banners)
- get the godlike RMs

Right now I'll keep focusing on the story mode to get enough stamina for Orbfest, but when this is all said and done I'll focus on these priorities. I'll check that PDF Guide linked yesterday to see how to get everything.

Another than the "start battles with full SB" and "build SB faster from abilities" RMs to get, this link showcases best types of RMs ordered from top to bottom (by category)

Must have RM's

thedan001

In other news, I'm sitting on 50,000 greens from dailies. I'm good for mythril for like a year from the shop!

I'm jelly, I can never get more than 10k because I always buy major orbs to play catch up with content ability-wise

So it stacks? Nice! Shout+maria's song with ark burst, his def buster and full break! That + another flex BSB (or edgar's OSB) should be a ton of damage.

Yep, that's a pretty sweet set up if I say so myself.

It's usually better to priotize power/magic debuff first before defense/mental because it makes a big difference on your team survival. So if the boss is a magic user, use Addle then Expose

WarAdept

So it stacks? Nice! Shout+maria's song with ark burst, his def buster and full break! That + another flex BSB (or edgar's OSB) should be a ton of damage.

It does stack but with Shout alone (and 390 base attack, which is very easy to achive with synergy), you're rubbing against the soft cap.

Better off finding a +50% crit buff to stack with +atk buffs if you want to pump out physical DPS nowadays.

Each RM has specific requirements, read each one of them to make sure.

And no, don't equip RM1. Some requirements for higher RM tiers do require you to unlock the lower RMs first like RM1

What am I supposed to read exactly? Take Cloud's Soldier Strike for example. In game it doesn't say anything about the conditions to unlock RM2, it just says what the RM1 does.

Why isn't there a Wiki for this game like every other game :-/

WarAdept

What am I supposed to read exactly? Take Cloud's Soldier Strike for example. In game it doesn't say anything about the conditions to unlock RM2, it just says what the RM1 does.

RK > The Annex (main screen, arrow tab on the right hand side of screen) > Library > Record Materia > Details for each individual RM.

Alternatively, you can get to this screen in the Party Equip by going to Equip RM section > RM List on the bottom right corner.

EDIT: Also if you need external sources of information, we don't have Wiki's, we have ridiculous Google Spreadsheets/PDFs!

Enlir's Spreadsheet of everything.

MisterP's PDF of everything.

thedan001

A wiki would be nice, Have to settle with collaboration forums and niche sites :/

Cloud's RM's as an example:

RM1 is unlocked by reaching lv50 and using lv50 break cap

Cloud's RM2 in game says to get the RM1, which requires lv50+, then do a battle at Cargo Ship Elite without Cloud KO'd

Following that, RM3 in game states to break the 2nd level cap which is 65, using the crystal lode II then making sure you've already gotten RM2, to farm dungeons with Cloud in party for a random drop on RM3

RM4 is usually gotten by getting lv99

If you were asking how to find out the requirements, WarAdept beat me to it! I didn't realize you didn't know where to read those.

Ah, good to know then. Most buffs are MND based for duration so I just assumed.

That means I can RW on anyone now, that helps!

For the record RW are defermined by the rw itself not the character you use to summon it outside of row (back row healer using a non ranged physical sb will see reduced damage). The only way a rw can be impacted by your stats is if you rw a burst then after the attack itself you can use the burst commands with your stats.

WarAdept

Today's banner was pretty much free, lol.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Maybe I should pull.

I'm going to get Josef's fucking Giant Gloves though.

Like this poor sod.
Worst_Buff_Lucky_Draw_Ever.png

thedan001

For the record RW are defermined by the rw itself not the character you use to summon it outside of row (back row healer using a non ranged physical sb will see reduced damage). The only way a rw can be impacted by your stats is if you rw a burst then after the attack itself you can use the burst commands with your stats.

So for RW wall, stats don't matter on the RW itself but for RW's like Ramza's Shout, you want to stack as much MND on RW itself to offer longer shout duration for those that called you as a RW?

WarAdept

So for RW wall, stats don't matter on the RW itself but for RW's like Ramza's Shout, you want to stack as much MND on RW itself to offer longer shout duration for those that called you as a RW?

Basically yeah. RW's that offer buffs, you generally find ones with 200+ mind to match the fixed durations of other buffs. Anything more is a bonus.

Balphon

It'll increase the duration of haste (on Shout), but that's it.

Hahahahaha. What a joke.

That was a VERY early game relic back when Dena really didn't know exactly how the game would develop. It was kind of the wild west where we had weird things like survival and collection events, awesome soul breaks that hit once and did like 6-8k, no rw, like 40 abilities with 3* being rare, 4* grinded from bosses, and 5* basically not existing. A time when less then 1000 players could finish events because of how difficult they were, with dena rearranging the order of events without adjusting the difficulty, when end game was elite story dungeons that were over tuned to keep players grinding.

Good times

thedan001

Good to know about RW stat benefits.

I used Cloud for FFVII events couple days ago, Don't have any good SBs for him, but I still have his old relics, Buster Sword and Hardedge. Sad thing is his default SB does 3x more damage than both Braver and Cross Slash with shout because of multi-hits, Lol

Good to know about RW stat benefits.

I used Cloud for FFVII events couple days ago, Don't have any good SBs for him, but I still have his old relics, Buster Sword and Hardedge. Sad thing is his default SB does 3x more damage than both Braver and Cross Slash with shout because of multi-hits, Lol

I have a hard time seeing his default sb doing 9999 x3 unless you're fighting really easy content :p

Meh. I got Lamia's Harp for Edward. At least it gives Imperil Holy and 50% attack. 1/11 lol. Oh, its a BSB? Hey, that's not bad at all actually. No hastega, but I got OK for that. Its identical to Tyro's sb commands, but with sap. I'll just use it for its burst buff.

That was a VERY early game relic back when Dena really didn't know exactly how the game would develop. It was kind of the wild west where we had weird things like survival and collection events, awesome soul breaks that hit once and did like 6-8k, no rw, like 40 abilities with 3* being rare, 4* grinded from bosses, and 5* basically not existing. A time when less then 1000 players could finish events because of how difficult they were, with dena rearranging the order of events without adjusting the difficulty, when end game was elite story dungeons that were over tuned to keep players grinding.

Good times

Or when less than 10 players could clear an event, in one case :)

I remember when major orbs were first introduced they only came from events and even then only like 1 per event.

Speaking of old school FFRK, what happened to all those quests? I used to have quests for all kinds of random stuff that rewarded 1 mythril each, when I quit i had done over 70, now there's like a grand total of 15 missions . So much mythril lost

WarAdept

Meh. I got Lamia's Harp for Edward. At least it gives Imperil Holy and 50% attack. 1/11 lol. Oh, its a BSB? Hey, that's not bad at all actually. No hastega, but I got OK for that. Its identical to Tyro's sb commands, but with sap. I'll just use it for its burst buff.

This is the RW that I use to stack with Vessel if I go physical. So good (and lets the Saint's Cross user do more damage/build more gauge!). Also the 20% stat buff to whoever summons the RW!

yeah, if you pulled this as your one relic, you did pretty well. imperil holy with a ton of really strong knights available and +holy relics and enelement holys means you are going to really tear up holy-neutral bosses. very jealous!

For now use Sarah as your healer since thats your best healer with relic but odds are you'll replace her once you get a better white magic relic.
Missed this before, but Sarah's upcoming BSB is one of the best healing SBs in the game, so she's definitely not a bad healer to invest time into.

Dragner

The relic pool is atrocious. I see some of you got good pulls out of it but if any new player is still doubtful, pls DONT pull. The banner is a total trap to get you to spend before OSBfest/XIV.

Kain

Mmmm I pulled for shits and giggles and got a dupe SG that's going straight to the garbage and Sazh's Choco-chick. My first 50% boostga and my 6th MB I think. It's nice, it's my first support with an SSB so I can bring him and a VoF RW for maximum effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom