• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed this before, but Sarah's upcoming BSB is one of the best healing SBs in the game, so she's definitely not a bad healer to invest time into.

While this is true, how many are gonna pull on a ff1 banner?

The relic pool is atrocious. I see some of you got good pulls out of it but if any new player is still doubtful, pls DONT pull. The banner is a total trap to get you to spend before OSBfest/XIV.

Worth the risk and almost everyone here who's pulled got something worthwhile out of it

Syntsui

Always pull on a half price banner just for the sake of getting rid of that itch. If you get trash you will save harder for future banners and if you get good stuff you'll be happy.

It's incredible how focused I get on my objectives once I see I've made a mistake lol.

MrDaravon

I'm a simple man. I see a half price banner, i pull. Even a random 4* upgraded to 6* will probably serve someone well for a long time to come

Pretty much where I'm at. If nothing else half price means $15 (US) for a pull which puts it in the realm of where I think 11-pulls should be priced at anyway, so if during orbfest or FFXIV I find myself ~25 mythril short of a pull I can justify just paying the gems for it.

At this point I've been playing for just over a year and can already clear pretty much all content with just having two parts of the Trinity (Wall and Medicas) and can just RW the Boostega with no problems, so I don't get TOO hung up at this point on chasing specific godtier relics like Shout, OK BSB etc. I like pulling to get Rainbows and hopefully get something cool :D

Tidd

Now that I have Shout I could RW something else and chose Keeper's Tome. The Bahamut fight was pretty easy. No attack did more than 800 except for his gravity flare. Yep, this was a great lucky draw for me.

MrDaravon

Surprisingly not!

I think this is the 3rd Grimoire I have for Tyro now.
Healing, Celebration, Keepers, and Sentinel's

Dude, SG is probably top 5 items in the game, and only one of two Walls (currently at least) which is one of the trifecta items you need for most endgame stuff. And you have it natively now. LOL

You guys are going to hate this post...

Girlfriend pulled on Buff banner:
- Angeal's Super (which is a surprisingly good Knight SB, btw), Joseph's Avalanch, and another Onion Knight Burst.

My pull:
- Aerith's Planet Protector (shout minus Hasteaga), Ramza's Burst, and Sheepsong.

It was a good pull for both of us.

MiTYH

Pulled and got 1/11, Sazh's Canopus AMPs. New for me, so can't be too upset. Haven't gone above 1/11 in a while though.

Is this like a version of Shout with a magic avoid?

Yeah, it's great for people new to the game. It will come down to the RNG, but that's how it is.

Do it and post your pull so the veterans can analyse.

Alright did it. Got 4 Rainbows.

Shadowblade for Cecil....Platinum Fist for Tifa (Dupe)...Full Metal Rod for Yuna and Wizard Rod for Garnet (Dupe)

Syntsui

Alright did it. Got 4 Rainbows.

Shadowblade for Cecil....Platinum Fist for Tifa (Dupe)...Full Metal Rod for Yuna and Wizard Rod for Garnet (Dupe)
My newbie take on this is that Shadow Blade and Platinum Fist do exactly the same thing, so the buffs won't stack if both are used. So you'd have to roll with either Cecil or Tifa for that role.

Full Metal Rod and Wizard Rod both raise Resistance, but the Wizard Rod also has major Regen, so they should stack.

Let's wait for a more experienced player to analyze this, but it seems this Wizard Rod is really great.

Close, but not quite.

Regen is a status effect, not a stat boost. Wizard Rod boost Resistance the same way Full Metal Rod does, so they don't stack. Had it been two different stats at once (like Sentinel Grimoire, which gives both Defense and Resistance) then it would stack.

Syntsui

Close, but not quite.

Regen is a status effect, not a stat boost. Wizard Rod boost Resistance the same way Full Metal Rod does, so they don't stack. Had it been two different stats at once (like Sentinel Grimoire, which gives both Defense and Resistance) then it would stack.
Wizard Rod has Haste too, which is a boost. Wouldn't it stack then?

Ahnez

Nope, Haste is a separate buff.

What it does is give you two buffs at once, the stat buff and haste.

Nothing outside haste and slow can change SPD, as far as I remember

*edit

Better explanation:

Haste is a status effect

:p

Xetherion

I'm a simple man. I see a half price banner, i pull. Even a random 4* upgraded to 6* will probably serve someone well for a long time to come

There is a new mechanic in the game called Reforge which lets you raise ++ items to +++ items. So 4* can eventually become 7* now, and these, in my experience, are equal to natural 5* with RS. And i mean they are equal to a natural 5* that also has RS.

Reforging is very expensive however, so not recommended for a new player until after orbfest gives you a bunch of gil.

Haste is a status effect.

As a first timer for Orbfest, is there going to be any type of dungeon that offers better exp, equipment upgrade materials, or gil than the current dailies? Or is it just for orbs? I need tons of gil and upgrade materials, so idk whether to refill stamina now or wait for orbfest if there's going to be something better.

As a first timer for Orbfest, is there going to be any type of dungeon that offers better exp, equipment upgrade materials, or gil than the current dailies? Or is it just for orbs? I need tons of gil and upgrade materials, so idk whether to refill stamina now or wait for orbfest if there's going to be something better.

Orbfest has better XP and Gil alongside orbs, but less than the specific ++ dailies, and there are upgrade mat versions of the orbfest dungeons.

Orbfest easily most efficient

Did the lucky draw. Good result:
Lightbringer (VI) - Nice, I can RW Wall now and have the same boosts Vessel fate was giving me (though the latter has nicer commands).
Lust Dagger (III) - Combo time (I have Luneth's en-wind burst and this SSB is wind hits)
Hewley Buster (VII) - Eww buster sword...actually, hi regen and def boost could come in handy for the Cid Mission.
Dragon Claws (VI) - Another party attack boost for a Monk that might get wheeled out for Cid missions.

That was a VERY early game relic back when Dena really didn't know exactly how the game would develop.
Plus it isn't even a good stat stick because it was a time when the developers felt because Monks have high attack, fists should have lower attack than swords (or maybe they just hated Monks...) and extended this logic the 5* SB gear as well. I've not heard what dark matter does but like a 7* Giant's Gloves has been weaker than uncombined standard 5* gear for a long time. Thankfully, some time ago they stopped doing that and made a 5* weapon have whatever the power curve is at currently ( starting attack of 97; the Giant's Gloves are 72 for reference) regardless of weapon type.

Speaking of old school FFRK, what happened to all those quests? I used to have quests for all kinds of random stuff that rewarded 1 mythril each, when I quit i had done over 70, now there's like a grand total of 15 missions . So much mythril lost
The new quests auto completed which is nice (it sucked to make an ability and then find it doesn't count as you didn't accept the quest). Those that you completed before the change can be found via a link in the details section. Only completed quests so I'm not taunted by not forging Flare or Holy.

The hall of rites does make the "complete dungeon x to unlock y" quests obsolete.

Speaking of hall of rites they first rolled out the feature (limited time for an event they said any unused blank crystals would be gone...when the feature returned permanently they had not) they made some deliberate changes compared to Japan.

They added in two FFXIV characters (as that colab event was moved months ahead compared to Japan schedule), removed most FFIII characters (as we skipped an FFIII colab event at this time) including ones actually in the dungeon updates and the memory crystals for Ingus, Edward and Firion (the latter two and Mog were put into some banner fest but without their MCs due to the colab events that had those being skipped). Edward in particular had to wait a long time. Back in those days people complained about those MCs, rolling gacha not being confirmed for global (something like each relic you don't pull per banner increases chance of getting a relic next pull but doesn't carry over banners and isn't specified in any other way) and some of the SaGa abilities (they bought Pound over but not water of life which is like boost but not celerity...this was before we had things like planet protector).

Sorry to go off track a bit.

How many orbs do we receive per 90 stamina dungeon? Are they all mixed? (3*,4*, 5*,holy,dark,power,fire etc).

Do you mean on the regular daily or the orbfest? On regular daily every enemy is guaranteed to drop an orb, so at the end you will always have ~18 orbs. I say ~18 because sometimes you will get a magic pot, which is only 1 enemy per round. Of those, there will be a mix of 3*, 4*, and 5*.

In my experience (which is still very limited) it's something 75% 3*, 20% 4*, 5% 5*.

Also add in the completion reward which is 8x 3* orbs, so after using 90 stamina you can expect to have ~22x 3* orbs, ~4x 4* orbs, and ~1x 5* orb.

Syntsui

Do you mean on the regular daily or the orbfest? On regular daily every enemy is guaranteed to drop an orb, so at the end you will always have ~18 orbs. I say ~18 because sometimes you will get a magic pot, which is only 1 enemy per round. Of those, there will be a mix of 3*, 4*, and 5*.

In my experience (which is still very limited) it's something 75% 3*, 20% 4*, 5% 5*.

Also add in the completion reward which is 8x 3* orbs, so after using 90 stamina you can expect to have ~22x 3* orbs, ~4x 4* orbs, and ~1x 5* orb.
I want to know about Orbfest. Considering how it's hyped I expect at the very least 3x more.

Manage to beat the Wings of Destruction Ultimate++ but didn't get mastery doing to it using Flare 3 times and one of my guys dying literally at 3% hp. Whatever, got my Crystals. Dismissal never worked or hardly worked at all. :(

Anustart

How many orbs do we receive per 90 stamina dungeon? Are they all mixed? (3*,4*, 5*,holy,dark,power,fire etc).

You get a bunch. Gigantaurs drop a guaranteed major, mid size drop 4*, and the cactuar hordes drop a guaranteed 3* orb which is usually 2 4* with em.

You refresh it'll be worth it. Last one I amassed like 20 million gil and enough orbs to kickstart some nice upgrades.

Syntsui

You get a bunch. Gigantaurs drop a guaranteed major, mid size drop 4*, and the cactuar hordes drop a guaranteed 3* orb which is usually 2 4* with em.

You refresh it'll be worth it. Last one I amassed like 20 million gil and enough orbs to kickstart some nice upgrades.
I won't refresh because I value the pulls too much, but if I get half of that it will be worth it already.

I mean, you still need your hones and know how mechanics work properly. That's why some of the whales on reddit are awful at actually playing the game.

Kenai

I went ahead and pulled, totally expecting garbage like a 1/11 with a dupe (which is totally normal for my Lucky banners).

Iga Blade
Dragon Claws (FFII
Feathered Cap (FFIV)
Seifer's Coat

A BSB for my Ramza that i can easily work into my Holy team and 3 solid SBs/SSBs for characters that didn't have any before. I won't complain. Not even a little bit.

Syntsui

I went ahead and pulled, totally expecting garbage like a 1/11 with a dupe (which is totally normal for my Lucky banners).

Iga Blade
Dragon Claws (FFII
Feathered Cap (FFIV)
Seifer's Coat

A BSB for my Ramza that i can easily work into my Holy team and 3 solid SBs/SSBs for characters that didn't have any before. I won't complain. Not even a little bit.
I really wanted a Iga Blade. Congrats!

This Orbfest should be the one with Golden Knights dropping chips for the roulette game. At some point you have all the chips you need and chips become a wasted drop. This is the Orbfest worth refreshing the least in all Orbfests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom