• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

I really wanted a Iga Blade. Congrats!

Thanks. I wasted a fair amount of Mythril I was planning on using for the 14 banner fishing for either BSB from the FF6 Banner 1 or Sabin's from Banner 2 (and failing) so this was a nice consolidation prize.

Dragner

Ive never refreshed much and have every good 5* to R3 so its not that critical. But Im 1 year into the game also so if you want to catchup faster you will need to refresh.

This new Jp update is absurdly, piling on another level of motes, only unlocked after maxing the four star notes for a character. It really feels like these features were mapped out month by month at this point.

MrDaravon

This will probably be the first orbfest I do little to no refreshes on. I started playing at the end of October last year and should probably dig up some of my old posts, but I refreshed haaaaaard the last two orbfest both for leveling and honed. But now I have virtually everyone at their possible caps excluding my last two MC3 unlocks, Leo, Angeal and maybe someone else I'm forgetting and that's mostly because I knew I could get them all up during orbfest without egging since it was so soon.

Hone-wise I think I'm more or less okay, I haven't really touched some abilities that I've seen others here hone (mostly monk stuff because I have no good monks really) but I've done most of the big hitters and I'll make sure I have enough for the upcoming double spellblades at least which I think I already do. I've gotten through all the Nightmares except the Necrophobe fight so I figure I can't be in too bad of shape lol. I should probably get Dual Biora and Stonega up to r3 though, I haven't touched those but did the others up to r3 immediately.

Trying to plan my orb needs for this Orbfest. Here's what I've got so far.

Firaga 2/5
Firaja 1/5
Blizzaga 2/5
Blizzaja 1/5
Quake 1/5
Blindga 2/5
Ruinga 3/5
Stonega 1/5
Curaga 3/5
Curaja 2/5
Protectga 2/5
Shellga 1/5
Slowga 1/5
Reflect 1/5
Firaga Strike 2/5
Thundaga Strike 2/5
Drain Strike 2/5
Watera Strike 1/5
Banishing Strike 1/5
Double Cut 4/5
Double Cut 4/5
Magic Break 2/5
Armor Break 2/5
Power Break 2/5
Magic Breakdown 1/5
Power Breakdown 1/5
Tempo Flurry 2/5
Wind Jump 2/5

I know I'm missing some important stuff like Lifesiphon. What else am I completely missing, and what hones should I prioritize for orbfest?

Ahnez

I know I'm missing some important stuff like Lifesiphon. What else am I completely missing, and what hones should I prioritize for orbfest?

I would recommend creating Full Break and the remaining Breakdowns when you can

Been playing since the start and have never once used a mythril to refresh stamina, don't plan on starting now. I've managed to clear every event and every mission so far minus parade float back at the start.

Slow and steady can really pay off in this game.

Full Break is a must. Multi-Break if you have several targets for a boss. Can't go wrong with Life Siphon either. I have 4 of them. Two at 2/5, one at 3/5 and another at 4/5. Dismissal is good since a lot of bosses don't resist interrupt, but its a 25% chance to work.
Then Saint Cross for holy damage and the user gets esuna and a small regen. Wrath for your support. It boils down to who you have on your team and their relics.

I'm not gonna refresh either. I need my mthrils for pulls.

Dragner

Been playing since the start and have never once used a mythril to refresh stamina, don't plan on starting now. I've managed to clear every event and every mission so far minus parade float back at the start.

yeah any time I see that people farming and spamming myhtril non stop to gather crystal to make meltdown R2...like...dude, Meltdown R2 isnt even good for the next hard content(Torment dungeons), why you rush it. Someday crystals will be super common and everybody will have everything 6 * R3.

WarAdept

Hone-wise I think I'm more or less okay, I haven't really touched some abilities that I've seen others here hone (mostly monk stuff because I have no good monks really) but I've done most of the big hitters and I'll make sure I have enough for the upcoming double spellblades at least which I think I already do. I've gotten through all the Nightmares except the Necrophobe fight so I figure I can't be in too bad of shape lol. I should probably get Dual Biora and Stonega up to r3 though, I haven't touched those but did the others up to r3 immediately.

I think you and I are the chronic refreshers of this community. We should more or less have the same abilities. Got still a truckload of Orbs leftover, so all the Twin Spellblades, Dash Bite, Ultra Cure, etc are all immediate R3's when they come, with the upcoming Tiamat (and Bahamut, haven't crafted it yet) going straight to R4.

Currently have:

R2 Full Break
R2 Multi Break
R3 Chain Blizzaga
R3 Chain Firaga
R3 Chain Thundaga
R3 Chain Stonega
R3 Chain Biora
R3 Full Charge
R3 Powerchain
R3 Dragoon Jump
R3 Lightning Dive
R3 Meteor Crush
R3 Fires Within
R3 Thief's Revenge
R3 Saint Cross
R3 Gaia Cross
R3 Dark Zone
R3 Sapphire Shot

Balphon

Firaja 1/5
Blizzaja 1/5
Curaja 2/5
Magic Breakdown 1/5
Power Breakdown 1/5
Tempo Flurry 2/5
Watera Strike 1/5
Banishing Strike 1/5

Focus on those. 4* spellblades are nice but the power increase between them and 3* spellblades isn't anywhere near as much as the difference between -ga and -ja black magic, so allocate your 4* orbs to black magic first. Curaja can take a back seat to Curaga if you need to but there's very little to spend white orbs on.

Other broadly useful stuff you didn't list:

Aeora Strike
Armor Breakdown
Diaga
Dismissal
Drainga
Draw Fire
Full Break
Full Charge
Lifesiphon
Magic Lure
Mental Breakdown
Retaliate
Steal Power
Stoneja
Thundaja
Valefor
Waterja

I'm sure you're right, but slow and steady describes a different person than myself. I'll be spending at least 50 mythril refreshing on orbfest, that's just the only way I can play these games. Obsessively or not at all :(

Luckily this is a brand new account and I've only been playing for like a week, so I have tons of story dungeon mythril built up.

Alright I ran the math to get all my desired abilities up to speed during Orbfest, and I came up with:

101 Major Power
12 Major White
27 Major Black
11 Major Fire
29 Major Ice
6 Major Lightning
9 Major Wind
23 Major Earth
10 Major Non-Elemental
5 Major Holy
5 Major Dark

(I converted all 3* and 4* into 5* using the 100/10 conversion ratios just to make it more digestible.

I don't think this is anywhere close to possible, but at least I know I need to hit Power Orb the hardest, followed by Black, Ice, and Earth in second.

The Legend Materia system looks really amazing. Here's the first batch:

Tyro
-medium duration up for stat buffs that Tyro grants (some exceptions, not specified)
-reduces damage taken from Black Magic

Warrior of Light
-start battle with Guts and Draw Fire/Draw Magic and super large DEF up
-small Holy elemental damage resist

Garland
-when inflicting Dark elemental damage on a single-target, have a medium chance of absorbing some damage as HP
-small Dark elemental damage up

Firion
-ATK bonus that climbs for each physical attack (max "Large" amount)
-small damage up for physical attacks

Maria
-MAG bonus that climbs for each black magic attack (max "Medium" amount)
-small Earth elemental damage up

Luneth
-start battle with Haste and first 3 turns are instant
-small Wind elemental damage up

Refia
-after inflicting a critical hit, next attack gets a large ATK bonus
-small Fire elemental damage up

Paladin Cecil
-medium chance to Cover physical attacks against allies and that damage is reduced medium amount
-small Holy elemental damage resist

Rosa
-medium chance for self Esuna when inflicted with Poison/Silence/Blind/Confuse
-small White Magic healing up

Bartz
-medium chance to double cast Spellblade abilities
-small Spellblade damage up

Lenna
-when using White Magic, medium chance to then buff White Magic healing by a large amount temporarily

Terra
-when reaching low HP, heal medium amount of HP and enter Trance status (medium all stats up and shorten charge time temproarily) - limit 1/battle
-small Fire elemental damage up

Relm
-small all elemental damage resist

Cloud
-medium chance to double cast Combat abilities
-small physical damage up

Tifa
-when using Monk abilities, medium chance to shorten charge time for next 3 turns
-small Earth elemental damage up

Squall
-medium chance to double cast Spellblade abilities
-small Spellblade damage up

Rinoa
-when using Black Magic, medium chance to shorten charge time for next 3 turns
-small Black Magic damage up

Zidane
-when reaching low HP, heal medium amount of HP and enter Trance status (small all stats up and Thief abilities become instant) - limit 1/battle
-small Wind elemental damage up

Beatrix
-medium chance to double cast Knight abilities
-small Holy elemental damage up

Tidus
-medium chance to double cast Water elemental abilities
-small Water elemental damage up

Yuna
-buff MAG at start of battle (higher buff the higher own MND is)

Shantotto
-when reaching low HP, heal medium amount of HP and enter Pissed Off status (medium MAG up, medium DEF/RES down, shorten charge time) - limit 1/battle
-small Black Magic damage up

Ayame
-medium chance to double cast Samurai abilities
-small Ice elemental damage up

Vaan
-damage up for each debuff on current target
-small physical damage up when equipping Daggers

Ashe
-medium chance to double cast Lightning elemental abilities
-small Lightning elemental damage up

Lightning
-start battle with Haste and first 3 turns are instant
-small Lightning elemental damage up

Snow
-start battle with Draw Fire and Draw Magic and super large DEF/RES up
-small Ice elemental damage resist

Y'shtola
-medium chance to double cast White Magic abilities

Thancred
-when using Ninja abilities, medium chance to gain Blink status
-small physical damage up when equipping Daggers

Ramza
-medium duration up for stat buffs that Ramza grants (some exceptions, not specified)
-small Support damage up

Agrias
-medium chance to inflict a small Imperil Holy on target when using Knight abilities
-small Holy elemental damage up

Source

MrDaravon

Literally about to throw my phone out the fucking window at this Nightmare Necrophage fight, fuck this I will just do this way later with a godtier team via powercreep or something.

Dragner

We will have to see how these materia play out in Japan. But first impression says Agriad,Cloud,Yshtola, Tyro and Ramza ones are bonkers. Trance materias are supercool and can be very powerful also(I hope they come with a sprite change).

We will have to see how these materia play out in Japan. But first impression says Agriad,Cloud,Yshtola, Tyro and Ramza ones are bonkers. Trance materias are supercool and can be very powerful also(I hope they come with a sprite change).
I think most (all?) of the major LMs are pretty darn awesome actually. No one really got a "dud", and they seem to suit each character's strengths perfectly, which I imagine is the whole goal of the system.

I've always said that the major draw of this game is the characters, and now we can specialize the ones we like even more, which is quite exciting.

Dragner

I think most (all?) of the major LMs are pretty darn awesome actually. No one really got a "dud", and they seem to suit each character's strengths perfectly, which I imagine is the whole goal of the system.

I've always said that the major draw of this game is the characters, and now we can specialize the ones we like even more, which is quite exciting.

Ofc all are more or less powerful. And since the requitemments to unlock them seems high we wont have a lot of them at least in the beggining. So in the end you will unlock the ones for you A-Team and thats it.

Anustart

My time with brave exvius was short lived to say the least. Couldn't imagine ever doing a pull over there with any kind of realistic expectation of getting the good stuff.

At least here Im almost never let down by a pull.

Ofc all are more or less powerful. And since the requitemments to unlock them seems high we wont have a lot of them at least in the beggining. So in the end you will unlock the ones for you A-Team and thats it.
I don't really like to do the "A Team" thing. I do hope they're not super scarce though, but I imagine they will be.

Kain

I'm not going to refresh in this fest, I refreshed like hell in my first one and I got pretty burned out, so fuck it. It's not that I use many abilities nowadays with my recent overload of BSSBs anyway lol

thedan001

was in middle of nightmares and got interrupted with "undergoing maintenance!" message

I was all out of stamina too

data mined fest banners soon!

Yeah sure, A-Team, favourites, waifus...whatever drives you to play the game.
My husbandos... I mean, what?

I'm sure I'll end up having to pour some of the new 5* Motes into characters I otherwise don't care for just to remain viable, but hopefully not too much. I have been using Vaan a lot lately because I have his BSB, and generally I don't like him, though not for the standard reasons.

I do like that getting different relics for characters you don't usually gravitate towards pushes you to give them a shot too, but my main driving force is to build up the characters I like. And this is generally a lot more than just 5 central characters. Hopefully I can use the Legend Materia to further this practice.

IaN_GAF

Decided to give this a try after reading this thread, made it through the opening fight only to get a maintenance error. Perfect timing :3

Will try again later!

LucaMac

Luckily this is a brand new account and I've only been playing for like a week, so I have tons of story dungeon mythril built up.

Welcome back CPP. Haven't gone on FFRK GAF for a while (exvius took over a bit) so didn't see when you rejoined. Was it my fault? I remember bigging up the changes to you.

Will be nice with a new account being able to catch up quickly and pull on epic banners from the get go. Not to mention guaranteed 5 stars.

Dragner

This may be the first time we have no info with 1 hour left of manteinance. Or DeNA has become good at this or this manteinance could take longer than expected.

WarAdept

Wtf have they done with my beautiful mage banner?!

Dammit relics that I want are all over the place. Mithril for all banners it is.

Dragner

They ruined banner 1 but they changed it for a better rounded banner. All relics in there are amazing. Ill be pulling there a couple of times.

The other banners are pure garbage. Banner 5 is the OK burst trap.

Just like last time, I own at least one relic on every banner, with three(!!!) on one occasion.

I don't know how I feel about them. I'm not immediately wowed by any.

MrDaravon

I'm at work so could only skim the banners, so I could be totally off base here, but banners mostly seem kinda eh unless I'm misremebering some relics. Terra is my bae and I don't have Shout still so I will pull on banner 1, but nothing really stood out for me in general unless I missed it?

Would actually be kind of relieved if this is the case since between that and doing little to no refreshes I can pull once on this, once or twice on FF14 and have enough for the inevitable Christmas LD.

Dragner

25 free mythril incoming!!!

I'm at work so could only skim the banners, so I could be totally off base here, but banners mostly seem kinda eh unless I'm misremebering some relics. Terra is my bar and I don't have Shout still so I will pull on banner 1, but nothing really stood out for me in general unless I missed it?

Would actually be kind of relieved if this is the case since between that and doing little to no refreshes I can pull once on this, once or twice on FF14 and have enough for the inevitable Christmas LD.

Banner 1 is pretty stacked the 3 burst are 2 of the best dps bursts in the entire game and the best healing burst in the game. Shout and wall to round it up and Terra OSB and enfire SSB combo.

Banner 1 has too many dupes for me to pull on

Banner 2 and 3 also have a couple of dupes for me

Banner 4 and 5 are safe as anything on them is new for me so I might pull on both of them for diversity

RivalCore

Really not feeling the banners, they're kinda all over the place and I already have Shout/Wall/OK BSB.

Pretty content with waiting until FFXIV and FFT.

Tidd

Let's see what I have

Banner 1: Tin Armor, Tiara, Platinum Sword. And I don't really need Thyrus. So probably skip.
Banner 2: Wall and Artemis Bow
Banner 3: Everything would be new.
Banner 4: Cloud's Guise
Banner 5: Like Banner 3.

If I would rate them after what I have it would be: 3=5 > 4 > 2 > 1

Tbh I'm not really hyped. I guess Banner 5 would be another chance for the OK gauntlets.
I would like to pull on Banner 1 because the Bursts are pretty good and I have pretty great Fire coverage so Terra's OSB would be awesome. But the amount of dupes are a major turn off.
The only relic I want from 2 is Luneth BSB. Braskas Robe would be nice, too?
From 3 it would be Hamelin and Celes' Excalibur. 4 is kind of meh except for the OSB.

Right now it feels like I will skip the fest for the FF XIV banner and of course for the IX event which follows a few weeks later.

Oh and Tyro gets the first BSB which breaks the damage cap. ;)
LqEHA8K.png

MrDaravon

Pulling at least once on banner 1, maybe twice depending on what mythril/LD situation looks like which should then also leave me with two pulls for FF14. I like pulling on a variety of stuff, not going to do more than two pulls on a banner. Given that I've already Ramza at 99 with his BSB finally getting native Shout would be amazing as that's what I am RW'ing 99% of the time.

Edit: Looked again, definitely thinking two pulls on Banner 1 and 100 gems on the rest. Most of my dupes are on the later banners as well, only thing I have on the first banner is Minwu's staff. Really want some stuff for Terra, she is bae but I haven't even used a MC3 for her yet since all I have been able to get for her is Maduin's horn which is pretty outdated at this point.

Dragner

Since we are probably getting enough christmas mythril to do 1 pull ill probably pull 2 times on banner 1. Hoping for Vanille or Refia bursts. Then still have enough to pull 4 times or so on XIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom