• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
the real news though

img_01.png

CHOCOBO SUIT

Kain

With all the mythtril they are giving away I'll manage a pull in banner 1, the only one I have no relics for. Man that banner is stacked, I love it.

Tidd

FINALLY, Steiner has 5* spellblades. A few weeks ago I asked myself why he didn't have it.

Since we are probably getting enough christmas mythril to do 1 pull ill probably pull 2 times on banner 1. Hoping for Vanille or Refia bursts. Then still have enough to pull 4 times or so on XIV.

If anyone is interested in how many myhtril we will get in the next few weeks:

- 18x from the present game
- 28x for christmas (read that this could include the 18 mythril from the game :/)
- 25x for new year
- 25x for Orb fest
- 10x FF V event
- 10x FF XIV event
- 10x raid dungeon gift

Should be a total of 126 mythril without daily log-ins.

Well now, I might change my plans after all but not by much.

Sitting at around 100 Mythril I will still certainly pull twice for XIV and ignore pretty much all of the fest relics.

But with the amount of Myhtril we are getting by the time Phase 5 rolls around, I think I might go for that one too. Wanted to save until an FF1 or FF2 event but Banner 5 has stuff from both games. Should certainly justify it.

The only dupe I got is Gabranth's armor and I really don't want Tellah's thing so I'll probably get both.

greyshark

Beat both battles with randoms - no one brought hastega but we had 3 healers and 2 wall users. Made for a super long fight but we were essentially unkillable. Make sure you equip instant KO resist accessories and have someone that can Esuna.

Just has an awesomely tense MP fight for Apocalypse Gilgamesh. I was running Bartz and Arc, with the latter being one of only two healers, and about a third into the fight, Enkidu cast Berserk on Arc. (Who was also the only one with Ensuna.) So for the majority of the fight, we had no group heal or esuna available, and Enkidu came back from almost no life left which made us waste extra attacks to kill it. At one point we were all under half HP, but we managed to Master the fight all alive, and Arc's Berserk wore off just at the end. XD (Didn't get to do anything, but he survived!)

Welcome back CPP. Haven't gone on FFRK GAF for a while (exvius took over a bit) so didn't see when you rejoined. Was it my fault? I remember bigging up the changes to you.

Will be nice with a new account being able to catch up quickly and pull on epic banners from the get go. Not to mention guaranteed 5 stars.

Nah it was Gumi's fault for being a terrible company with a terrible game. :)

Anyway, can someone explain what these 3* and 4* motes do?

Dragner

Yeah,osbfest,alphinaud 1,cid raines 2 and tgc 1 in a month...then theres tons of mediocre banners following but this next month in superstacked.

Free Lifesiphon and Curaja. Sure, I'll take it.

Let's see what I already have.
Banner 1: Tiara, Tin Armor and Thyrus are dupes.
Banner 2: Everything is new.
Banner 3: White Mage Robe and Healing Staff are dupes.
Banner 4: Everything is new.
Banner 5: Onion Gauntlets is the only dupe.

Banner 1 looks really good. I still want Shout, but its risky with 3 dupes. Still undecided if I want to do a pull here.
I know Tidus OSB and Luneth's BSB is great, but what about everything else on banner 2 besides SG?
I'm gonna definitely pull on Banner 3. I noticed they removed Beatrix from that one. Oh well. Picking up either Excalibur would be good. One pull here for sure.
I'm only aware of Hope's BSB on banner 4.
Banner 5 is the OK trap. There's really nothing I want from that banner.

Is there any relics that is a must have for a mage team?? I got to the last boss for the Meltdown Nightmare and realize I really do need a mage team just to do the encounter. He counters all physical attacks lol................RIP my team.

I guess its time to do MP with randoms.

It's greyed out for me, I guess i need to acquire a mote to unlock it?
They have to be at least level 65 for it to unlock.

Tidd

Finally found a good party. <3 Was a nice mix of mages and physical attackers. We started the fight with three 30% mag buffs. (atk&mag, mnd&mag, mag).
If you find a good party the multiplayer is really enjoyable but there are so many players out there who don't know anything about mechanics. DON'T PUT BARTZ IN THE BACKROW WHEN YOU EQUIP HIM WITH A SWORD. <.<

Finally found a good party. <3 Was a nice mix of mages and physical attackers. We started the fight with three 30% mag buffs. (atk&mag, mnd&mag, mag).
If you find a good party the multiplayer is really enjoyable but there are so many players out there who don't know anything about mechanics. DON'T PUT BARTZ IN THE BACKROW WHEN YOU EQUIP HIM WITH A SWORD. <.<

they probably came from reddit

Dragner

if you want a good party go to room 7891, is the reddit room, create a party there and you should be able to master it.

Also Im super unlucky, I barely master it with 4 people awake, I lost both my character to zanzetsuken even wearing major and moderate ko resist accesories. Such bullshit.

Also Gilgamesh' is the best BSB for this fight since tauntaliate works wonders and the first command can dispel protect.

Cleared the ultimate multi with fandoms, decided there were too many 50 lvl people in there and went to see how the apocalypse is.

Got set up with an amazing team and we took it down with mastery on the first try. Tons of damage, the healer, aerith (not me) brought good healing AND esuna (which was really needed). Tyro with multibreak and sentinels grumpier (required).

There was a cloud/Ramza (OSB w/climhazzard, and a shout/full break factory)
Last other player was bartz/Faris, faris and bartz put in some work with breaks and burst on bartz.

I had Vaan (BSB w/lifesyphon and 4x thief's revenge) and Celes (BSB+ SSB, w/saint cross and tornado strike)

So much damage when we were all up double boosted and Greg was triple Def broken... even with his ridiculous defense stat

Seems like you had the famous combo of Ramza with full break + Faris burst^^

No Farsi burst, she only had the canon soul break, but the rest was on point. But like I said we could triple break Greg

Ark blast (mag/def)
Full break (ark/mag/res/def)
Expose (def)

Very ridiculous, I use it on my normal teams, but with randoms you never know if they will "get it", luckily most of that breaking was on me.

What do you think the feasibility is of using both Maria's Song and Indomnitable Blade on Celes? Having a runic SB would be great but Maria's Song is my best boostga so I would want to use that burst more.

Dragner

Marias song is like onion knight. If you have another source of haste is ok. Indomitable blade has been mvp of most of my U++ battles for a while now.

I tried to join raid as a 65 and 57 and kept getting kicked lol.

Anyway which of these banners is the coveted XIV banner? I only see one XIV item across all banners.

Is that separate?

I accidentally joined an Apocalypse for 7891 and one of our guys kept dying over and over. The fight was so long that I ran out of heals and abilities and was meleeing with a healer. Yep, we wiped.

Found another room with reddit on Ultimate+ and we destroyed Gilgamesh easily. Got Mastery on it. Gonna try Apocalypse again in a little bit. They have so much health on 200 difficulty.

What do you think the feasibility is of using both Maria's Song and Indomnitable Blade on Celes? Having a runic SB would be great but Maria's Song is my best boostga so I would want to use that burst more.

Since I don't have OK BSB, it's nice and extends hones. However, if you need indomnitable blade you NEED it every time it pops up. And since celes can't use wrath or lifesyphon it gets tough. Multiplayer gets by this by bringing mako materia and dr mog's teachings.

So basically when those mags bosses come up you will be using her very differently and likely with different abilities then when you need maria's song.

Always the same, I have 2 relics for each phase on the fest... I really want to go for banner 1 for Kain, Refia and Vanille but 1/11 Tin Armor dupe is not something you want for Christmas!

Banner 3 is the only one that interests me. Banner 1 is quite excellent, but I have like 3 of the relics already, so it's too dangerous. Nice that both Banner 3 & XIV 1 will be active at the same time; maybe give XIV priority and then if I get the key items I wanted from XIV, I can switch it up.

All this OSB banner talk and I took another look at XIV banner 1. The key here is y'shtola's burst right? It is as gamechanging as it reads on paper right?

All this OSB banner talk and I took another look at XIV banner 1. The key here is y'shtola's burst right? It is as gamechanging as it reads on paper right?

Y'shtola's is absurd, but it's pretty hard to go wrong on XIV-1. Minfilia's BSB gives En-Holy, and the commands are 2x hit Power/Magic Breakdown. Alphinaud's BSB gives En-Wind, an instant-cast attack, and an ether for recharging R6 magic attacks. Papalymo's SSB is the best suite of mage buffs to date. Then you've got a variety of buffs and powerful status boosts.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm loving that chocobo suit.
We're getting the Xmas items Japan voted on in Global too. :)

They're really going all out this year, which is nice to see.
What did they vote for?
Me neither. All of em pretty meh.

All in on 14 banner.
I won't be pulling too much on the XIV banner but since I use Y'shotla frequently since I have her Thyrus I'm thinking of trying a pull for her other relics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom