• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedan001

I still need to do Neo-Bahamut Nightmare

I am seriously lacking in summons and summon orbs

Should I try to farm summon orbs and hone for the next nightmare event in January?

Hopefully I will have Alphinaud's relic tome, not betting on it tho

Anyone who cleared it can chime in? How many summons and hones should I have minimum?

I would really like to get this done with so Im gonna prepare for it during orbfest

WarAdept

I still need to do Neo-Bahamut Nightmare

I am seriously lacking in summons and summon orbs

Should I try to farm summon orbs and hone for the next nightmare event in January?

Hopefully I will have Alphinaud's relic tome, not betting on it tho

Anyone who cleared it can chime in? How many summons and hones should I have minimum?

I would really like to get this done with so Im gonna prepare for it during orbfest

This was mine:

Hl2GJkL.jpg

EDIT: Forgot the Ninja Magic!

Looks like

R2 Water Veil
R3 Phantasm
R4 Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh
R1 Alexander
R1 Fat Chocobo
R3 Valefor
and a Judgement Bolt SB from Garnet.

It was basically the absolute bare minimum of hones that could complete the Nightmare from what I could remember. Had exactly enough to kill (if I did everything correctly and RNG was on my side).

Most people opted to honed multiple copies of Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh because those are the most important.

Yea they should have a D100 raid.
The betas each had one boss with 3 lower difficulty fights and another with ultimate and above. We were getting 6 mythril each time as a result. Therefore, I was disappointed that the official start was just an Ultimate and Apoc, with only the Ultimate giving a single mythril. :/

RIP fight. If someone else has Keeper's Tome, that helps too.
I missed the last raid attempt, but I'd be down to help in the future. I have Sentinel's Grimoire, Keeper's Tome, Shout, and Vessel of Fate to cover any missing support. Then there's fun stuff like Beatrix's Imperil Holy BSB, Jecht's EnDark BSB, Zell's BSB and combos like Faris's Imperil Wind SSB + Luneth EnWind BSB or Rikku's Imperil Water BSB + Yuffie's EnWater BSB for pure DPS. I have some Curaga Medicas too, but no Burst there (yet... *eyes the Cat Girl lovingly*).

Speaking of, my Apoc Gilga run was quite the endurance contest.
Celes's BSB + Minwu's BSB for Haste were important. Tyro kept SG up while also being a healer. The two Cloud's kept running their BSBs, but quickly dying afterwards :p. Yuna kept everyone alive via Miracle Veil and Curaise spam. I Imperil'd Gilga and went to town with Luneth's BSB. If I didn't have Bursts for both of them, I'd of been left just using attack at the end.

Kaiterra

Banned
WOW at how badly Gilpocalypse can wreck you with endless Zantetsuken spam. We had three healers with Vanille BSB and Curaise and whatnot and everyone wearing Memento Rings and

D E D

Not impressed with the OSB banners other than I think four so I pulled on the v banner netting me Gilgamesh OSB krile bsb and galuf ssb. A better pull than I'd likely have gotten on a fest banner though I really wanted both of bartz relics one to finish off the sword and the armor for plus wind. Boo hoo amirite?

B.K.

I got Galuf's BSB from a three pull. I think the game wants me to use him. I got his SSB last Final Fantasy V event. It's too bad monks are useless.

Any quick and dirty analysis on what banners are worth pulling on for the OSB fest? If Greg had his MC3, I might opt for an pull on the FFV banner. Or is everyone just waiting for XIV?

I'm in a spot where I don't need anything. Would love Blood Sword + Tiara ... but man, Greg relics. He's my waifu.

Edit: I'd only want to pull on 1, 3, and 4 of the OSB banners, looks like. Man, I want Tyro's super-burst, Butz's OSB, and Agrias' Imperil Holy BSB.

This game has way too many events way too close to each other lol. I'm getting overwhelmed again.

It probably won't take long for you to progress to the point where all of the routine events like the FF7 one and now FF5 will just be auto-battle through everything and then pop your BSSBs for the boss. Up to the ultimates at least. It gets manageable.

Kenai

Bartz Cloak on my 100 pull. Exactly what i wanted. Gonna bring Luneth to multiplayer later and have some fun.

Well, maybe. Narrowly beat the 160 and didn't master it, the 200 seems daunting.

WarAdept

I read Gilgamesh and Bartz are two of the best characters in this game, are any of their weapons on this banner worth a pull?

Bartz is pretty good. Great weapon selection and a spellblader so he can hit weaknesses/target conditions. Has access to Celerity for Tempo Flurry/Dismissal spam and Thief to support the team/his damage through Steal Power/Defence.

Gilgamesh however is very strong. High Attack and Defence (and Magic, another case of Blue Magic when), he can do the Tauntilate combo (Retaliate + Draw Fire) to protect the party from most ST physicals and he can hit weaknesses with Knight/Dragoon/Samurai. Best part is his crazy weapon access so he's basically useable in any realm, regardless of what relics you pull.

I got Galuf's BSB from a three pull. I think the game wants me to use him. I got his SSB last Final Fantasy V event. It's too bad monks are useless.
Monks can be great, as long as they aren't facing Fire resist enemies. They are very self sufficient, which is especially great for CM teams where a Boostga may not be available. Meteor Crush gives +50% ATK and Fires Within restores HP while both do are 3.0x/2-hits. If a stackable buff (i.e. ATK/MAG of Onion Knight's BSB) is available too, then that's an additional +ATK there too.

Example: In my FF7 CM run, Tifa was dishing out ~18k per turn after Meteor Crush and Red XIII's Protector's Roar. She was also doing similar damage in the U++ stacked with Onion's BSB.

One of my favorite recent characters to use is a monk actually. I recently got Zell's BSB and he can deal huge damage due to getting +50% Crit from the BSB and stacking that with Onion's BSB, Meteor Crush and his Dark Bargain granting Burst Command. If I ever get his Combat King SSB (+30% ATK/DEF/RES) too, the damage will be through the roof.

As for Galuf's BSB, that causes Imperil Fire which means that Fires Within will hit for even more damage and heal more HP, too.

Anustart

Think the hype got to me. Looking at the 14 banner again, while alphinaud's is decent, whats up with the abundance of medicas? I hate pulling medicas.

WarAdept

Monks can be great, as long as they aren't facing Fire resist enemies. They are very self sufficient, which is especially great for CM teams where a Boostga may not be available. Meteor Crush gives +50% ATK and Fires Within restores HP while both do are 3.0x/2-hits. If a stackable buff (i.e. ATK/MAG of Onion Knight's BSB) is available too, then that's an additional +ATK there too.

Example: In my FF7 CM run, Tifa was dishing out ~18k per turn after Meteor Crush and Red XIII's Protector's Roar. She was also doing similar damage in the U++ stacked with Onion's BSB.

One of my favorite recent characters to use is a monk actually. I recently got Zell's BSB and he can deal huge damage due to getting +50% Crit from the BSB and stacking that with Onion's BSB, Meteor Crush and his Dark Bargain granting Burst Command. If I ever get his Combat King SSB (+30% ATK/DEF/RES) too, the damage will be through the roof.

As for Galuf's BSB, that causes Imperil Fire which means that Fires Within will hit for even more damage and heal more HP, too.

Backing up on Monk's are fantastic as well. We've entered the age where the buff 610 (Atk + Mag) is going to be the most prevalent buff to use. Meteor Crush stacks with this and allows the monk to dish out high damage in mixed and mage teams and as AdawgDaFAB has stated, are very self sufficient with this and Fires Within.

Galuf is one of the top tier Monks as well. Excellent SB's and he can RD for Swords. The BSB in particular you just pulled allows Galuf to function as a dual high DPS/healer, with a 25%/30% Max HP heal to an ally every time CMD1/2 is used.

Decided to pull the lucky draw despite my next to no mythril for the fest.

5/11
Platinum Shield (XII)
Gold Hairpin (IX)
Dream Harp (IV)
Shadow Blade (IV)
Strange Vision (VIII)

Wow. Not too bad for 25 mythril. Not super amazing, but not bad at all.

WarAdept

Decided to pull the lucky draw despite my next to no mythril for the fest.

5/11
Platinum Shield (XII)
Gold Hairpin (IX)
Dream Harp (IV)
Shadow Blade (IV)
Strange Vision (VIII)

Wow. Not too bad for 25 mythril. Not super amazing, but not bad at all.

Holy shit.

+Holy boosting armour
+Water boosting armour and +50% Atk boostaga
Mage meta buff
+30% Atk boostaga
Exceptional Burst for Mage meta (stacks with 601 and provides Holy damage/dispel)

Holy shit.

+Holy boosting armour
+Water boosting armour and +50% Atk boostaga
Mage meta buff
+30% Atk boostaga
Exceptional Burst for Mage meta (stacks with 601 and provides Holy damage/dispel)

Yeah. I had a platinum shield already, but combining it just makes my P.Cecil with burst happier. The hairpin is great since the water boost and now I have native shout in 9 thanks to Garnet SSB. I could technically use Edward and D.Cecil together for a mini-shout, but I dunno (err... same as Onion Knight BSB. Better than I first thought). Nice to have something for Edward though.

Does Selphie BSB and inaugural parade stack? If so, my VIII mage meta is super strong now.

In general, I got a great boost to my Cid mission teams.

They finally did it! Japan has 3 banners for New Year that are gems only... They come with a guaranteed something, Dr. Mog's Selection style.
Considering they're only one time, half price banners, it doesn't really bother me. Plus you get two guaranteed relics on top of whatever you get from the banner. Certainly a lot more than you get from other gacha games' paid only content, and for much less money.

I'm hoping it won't become a regular occurrence, but it seems mostly like a holiday thing hoping to capitalize on the season. (New Years is a big deal in Japan.)

Dragner

After readin it I dont know if Im fine with it. It seems that are relic debuting on that banners so that paywall is a bit too much (even if that relics will come back for sure).

At least there are half price and you get 1 guarateed osb and a bsb. So at least you get something for your money.

I'm hoping it won't become a regular occurrence, but it seems mostly like a holiday thing hoping to capitalize on the season. (New Years is a big deal in Japan.)

Yup, that's also what I am hoping for. I am just curious and cautious about where the game is heading. Level 99 is here, ultimate game weapons began to show up, last bosses too. Anyway, no matter what happens, they did great on us for more than two years and I truly appreciate it.

Kain

Man, Greg's Apoc fight is insane. Went with a full mitigation group and got completely pounded. It didn't help that one of the Yshtola's was spamming attack, like, wat?

I'll try again later with Tyro+SG+KT and Basch/Greg tauntaliating...

Yup, that's also what I am hoping for. I am just curious and cautious about where the game is heading. Level 99 is here, ultimate game weapons began to show up, last bosses too. Anyway, no matter what happens, they did great on us for more than two years and I truly appreciate it.
Well, they still have a ton of game content to mine from XI, XIV, Tactics, and now XV. Plus they're starting to get into the sequels for IV, VII, X, XIII, etc. (Not to mention the new spinoff category.) There's lots left to do. (Edit: There's also all the extra content that was added to the re-releases of I-VI.)

I don't like the idea of paid only content, but it's the reality of almost all gacha games, and FFRK held out for a really long time. And as I said before, this seems a lot more fair and appealing than some other games' paywalled stuff, where you have to spend 60, 70, 80+ dollars for usually one thing. This is only around $15 bucks and you get at least three relics, two of them being your choice.

And being in Global, we get the benefit of having Japan "test run" this for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom