• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Is it worth it to make death for the few enemies that are vulnerable to if or is there an easier way to do without using greater orbs?
There's Iai Strike which is a 3* ability. Pressure Point is a 4* ability but it doesn't use any of the most used 4* orbs, so that's also good.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just realized we're 1/5th through this OT already.

edit: I'm a dumdum and can't count. 1/10th.

CRISIS AVERTED

edit2: To salvage this post, the juvenile part of me is very amused that Ruinga goes right to the crotch of 90% of the humanoid enemies.

this post isn't salvaged, is it?

Razmos

Celes' SSB: "The Magnificent Sword of Constant Victory"
lmao

also:
Kefka's Cape (Kefka), SB "Infuse Magitek" - party MAG up and Haste

Yoooooo

MicH

I have like 300 3* growth eggs

eJnJGSJ.jpg

I have like 300 3* growth eggs
I have over 1000 :( I've almost completely depleted 1* though (which I use along with 2* when a character is <10k EXP away from level 50)

I should really start using 3 (or even 4) majors on new characters as two majors used on two characters cancels out the typical event rewards these days (2 major and 10 greater...if you include the 3* eggs it is a profit I don't need).

I've been enjoying not having to pay nearly as much attention to my cell phone as of late. Between working my way towards wrapping up DU12 and the new Daily+ levels, it's easy to melt away your stamina. Not having to refresh constantly is so liberating, hahah.

Balphon

I have over 1000 :( I've almost completely depleted 1* though (which I use along with 2* when a character is <10k EXP away from level 50)

I'm in the same boat. Really don't have much cause to use them since nearly all of my guys are at or above 50 and are fairly easy to level on Sunday or in regular content. I have the first dozen or so MC2 characters at 65 already too.

Just finished the latest elites.

Ogopogo was quite a joke with magic breakdown full break and Shellga applied.

Will be looking for one more major black to hone meteor. 9 power from full break 2, not happening soon.

Ruinga at r4 with an rs rod is so good and the upgrade to r5 isn't too bad compared to the non water elemental jas. Can now drop mana spring in favor or another rm and not miss a beat, assuming an r3 or r4 spell in the other slot for the boss. Or rydia with valefor and ruinga. Good stuff.

New dungeon update expected for the 8th.

Bonus battles in 6.5 hrs or 30.5 hrs?.

MicH

Just finished the latest elites.

Ogopogo was quite a joke with magic breakdown full break and Shellga applied.

Will be looking for one more major black to hone meteor. 9 power from full break 2, not happening soon.

Ruinga at r4 with an rs rod is so good and the upgrade to r5 isn't too bad compared to the non water elemental jas. Can now drop mana spring in favor or another rm and not miss a beat, assuming an r3 or r4 spell in the other slot for the boss. Or rydia with valefor and ruinga. Good stuff.

New dungeon update expected for the 8th.

Bonus battles in 6.5 hrs or 30.5 hrs?.
30 hours, I believe. I'm so excited for them as the +++ awards the last two MEO I need to hone Meteor to R2

ZangBa

I hate having to spend mithril to increase my inventory space. :C

Wouldn't be so bad if I had upgrade materials for all this gear I need to combine.

Wazzy

Banned
I hoard eggs for VIII characters and then the rest can go to the other characters I like.

Seifer will be 65 right away.

Also almost done all VII elites!

Falk

that puzzling face
Go for Waterja:

- 4* load split between fire and ice
- Generally less bosses/monsters resist/absorb water compared to the big 3 elements (-jas can quite comfortably hit 9999 without vulnerability so this is a bigger consideration)
- For whatevs reason, Waterja has a 0.25s shorter casttime.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Fought Deathgaze twice in a single run of Falcon: Encounter and Mastered both rounds. Feels good.

I'm farming it atm. So far, 5 runs and he appeared 2 times. Since I'm finished with DU 12 and this FF VI event, I'd rather try to get some levels for Strago, Celes and Setzer than go farming dailies (especially after Orbfest).

LucaMac

Just polishing off the last few bonus quests and I'm caught up again. Orb dungeon made me fall back a bit. I assume theres more content tomorrowish? Never found deathgaze. Might go look for him with whatever stamina is left over today. Is he tough as a random encounter? As in, do you need to be prepared or can you just send in the ones you want to level?

Just polishing off the last few bonus quests and I'm caught up again. Orb dungeon made me fall back a bit. I assume theres more content tomorrowish? Never found deathgaze. Might go look for him with whatever stamina is left over today. Is he tough as a random encounter? As in, do you need to be prepared or can you just send in the ones you want to level?
He has a fair chunk of life - take a strong firaja and diaga to help get Mastery.

Balphon

He's about as strong as he was in previous events (i.e. not very, considering). He doesn't lead with Death, which is nice. Still weak to fire and holy, too.

LucaMac

He has a fair chunk of life - take a strong firaja and diaga to help get Mastery.

He's about as strong as he was in previous events (i.e. not very, considering). He doesn't lead with Death, which is nice. Still weak to fire and holy, too.

Cheers.Packing plenty to see him off now I think. Still haven't come across him though.

Any idea if the Ex+ experience dungeon will be much of an improvement re a stamina/exp ratio?

LucaMac

Found him and stomped him. That's a silly amount of exp for him but not sure if it's worth farming considering the Ex+ is being added tomorrow and how long it took to find him. Just kind of had to beat him once so I had done it, as I'm one of those people who makes sure to always go the 'wrong way' in games. The only thing I haven't done in ffrk is the first incarnation of Parade Float, and it bothers me immensely. I'd gladly pay ten mythril now to revive a few times to do it just to have completed it, but it was so scarce back then. It's the second biggest regret in my life...just behind losing that winning lottery ticket and just ahead of only getting a silver medal in the Olympics.

MicH

I haven't gotten a single major orb from the pots in the new dailies yet, but the drop rates for greaters seem really good. I've gotten a lot so far. Really good substitute to orb fest

Lots of inventory space at least! 100 mithril dumped on banner 2 but got the Soul Sabre so im happy.

edit: Firaga Strike owns, burnt those 2 behemoths to hell and back.

My 60 Mythrils are crying to be spent on an attempt at Soul Saber... Or I wait 6 months for Celes SSB which is Soul Saber on steroid. Lulu is so soon... I want that Hairpir! Ugh...

OK as unlikely as this was I did the 100gem pull and got celes new sword!
I'm 4/4 on getting 5* equipment on these last 4 100gem pulls and I think RNGesus is going to kick me in the balls to make up for this soon.

I am boiling inside... 0/35 now.

So what is the winning strat to beating Barthandalus with 3 characters? Snow with draw fire in the back row and the rm that boosts his defense as he loses health and magic mitigation anything else?

Edit: bringing no healing was probably not ideal, I guess going for mastery and 3 party isn't worth it

Sephy with keepsake knife and golden bangle retaliate and magic break

Snow with his not sb 5 star glove and 5 star cloak with draw fire and double cut

Vanille with her weapon and witch hat with slow and shellga

Had planet protector as my sb, could beat the two guards but didn't have the health to survive

I could try with Aerith instead of Vanille cause I have her healing sb and using straight advantaliate I was doing like 5k currently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom