• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news it seems we will be getting another set of revenge bosses...including ITS YA BOY RUFUS 'MAKO CANNON'.
Looks like there will be six of them.

6LQHA2pl.png

Kain

OH YEAH RUFUS THIS TIME I'LL CRUSH YOU MOTHERFUCKER

And Garuda too, that fucker gave me nightmares.

This feature is a morale boost.

Oh pity, I thought it was the IV one :S
We've only fought three of those bosses in Global so far. (VII, VIII & IX) The ones from III, VI and XIII are all still upcoming for us, in each realm's next event in Global.

Haha Rufus. I really hated that mako cannon bullshit but I did beat him.
He's the oldest boss, so it he should be a piece of cake for us now really. :)

(Unless they're beefing these guys up.)

Looks like the paid only draws are a bit less appealing, since you don't get to choose the exact relics you want, you get a random pairing of two on the first two banners, and the last one, which is the cheapest, you just get one item. The bright side is that they're all old items, (most of them quite old by the time the banners drop) so none of them are relics that are exclusive to these banners. They look like they're meant to entice new players since they give you a strong combo of relics, or one of the trinity right off the bat.

Details here.

Assuming we got those here the only one I might consider going for is the first one since none of those 5 lucky bag sets are dupes for me and I don't have an osb so I'd at worst walk away with 4 5 star items for the price of one regular pull. The second one I might also considering doing while I do have a few dupes in their its only one dupe per set so for half price I'm still garunteed at least one new thing plus a dupe for enhancing a weapon and another random so still easy to swallow.

Banner 3 is a big pile of nope, the only one of those I don't already have is Krile's fire lash and 1/4 is garbage odds for a paid banner.

Oh, the Trance versions of Terra, Zidane and Shantotto do change their sprites. Cool.

Edit: Japan's celebration banners are so nice. So many dream relics.

So these "Lucky Bags" are apparently based on a Japanese New Years tradition so I think that's probably why they're a part of the celebration. I don't expect them to be a regular thing.

Is it too late to get back into this? Have I missed too many events? Used to play it a bit last year but deleted it.
Never too late. We're also getting a ton of free Mythril (the in game currency) right away so it's a great time to jump back in.

Dragner

Is it too late to get back into this? Have I missed too many events? Used to play it a bit last year but deleted it.

Never is too late, in fact the later you start the better, as banners are better overtime because powercreep.

In other news... Nemesis comes back again for new year in japan...as a Multiplayer Battle!!!

I redownloaded it and all my old data was still saved...then did a relic draw and got four five pieces of equipment :D :D :D

A few things to note since last you played

- all banners give you a garunteed 5 star if you do an 11 pull
- game now has multiplayer raids in the events area
- you now have a stache to keep extra items you want to save for later or to weed out excess record materia

I redownloaded it and all my old data was still saved...then did a relic draw and got four five pieces of equipment :D :D :D
Cool, welcome back. There's a lot of resources about the game available online now, and the next OT should be up in the next week or so and I imagine it'll have some helpful links included.

In other news it seems we will be getting another set of revenge bosses...including ITS YA BOY RUFUS 'MAKO CANNON'.
Ah Rufus the day I learned about the wacky lottery box system the game uses for attack probabilities.

As Mako Cannon has 400/661 chance of being drawn initially but those first 8 turns could discard a lot of the tickets (as it is not valid until turn 9). More recently AI has changed to guarantee attacks every x turns because unpredictable bosses are frustrating.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5jittv/jp_new_year_lucky_bag_relic_draws_mechanics/

The rewards are worst than expected. Pretty old relics most of them. The only good prize is the Cloud BSB2 + OSB combo.
"Do 1x5 relic draw (no guaranteed, no SSB or better)"
Is that due to the relic pool on that banner?

Also it says random lucky bag so you don't even get to choose the relic? Well it has 0 probability of coming here plus even if it did come here it would contain a 3* accessory and relic.

Dragner

Apparently the revenge bosses will be one each 2 days and all will be Apocalypse difficulty (d200). Rewards will be 5* motes for the legend spheres.

thedan001

It's been 2 years since my last Orbfest in Dec '14

What are the orb drops like? 4* and 5* orbs only?
Are there any new mechanics?

Trying to figure out droprates/probabilities so I can set up realistic goals

Kain

Said and done, went with Greg tauntaliting+Tyro with SG, Curaja and Esuna and killed Apoc Greg. It was very hard and we lost four people along the way, but we did it!

Ahh the famous FFXIII classic dungeons. Dont worry, everybody was in your shoes the first time. FFXIII has a lot of bosses like this, is annoying.

Or the first event ever, VII with Sephiroth and Tifa, the thousand millions floors (seriously, how could we take that shit???) and the couple of unreachable bosses at the end

Dragner

Or the first event ever, VII with Sephiroth and Tifa, the thousand millions floors (seriously, how could we take that shit???) and the couple of unreachable bosses at the end

No, Im a newbie, started last christmas so I missed the early days. My first event was Lenna event (Ultimate Exdeath).

thedan001

I was there for the very first VII event, I did 2 pulls and got Buster Sword, made that event trivial.

Still have it in my inventory

Different topic

I checked out Tiamat ability because I would like to hone it when it comes out along with XIV banners (alphinaud's bsb)

R0 to R2 needs 30x major summon orbs, x18 major white orbs, and x18 major wind orbs

Is it possible to farm these during orbfest? I will need to do mythril refreshes ?

Dragner

How many summon orbs you have?. You will have to refresh a bunch of times but is possible to do it. Ive gotten more than 30 of any given orb refreshing hard.

I was there for the very first VII event, I did 2 pulls and got Buster Sword, made that event trivial.

Still have it in my inventory

Different topic

I checked out Tiamat ability because I would like to hone it when it comes out along with XIV banners (alphinaud's bsb)

R0 to R2 needs 30x major summon orbs, x18 major white orbs, and x18 major wind orbs

Is it possible to farm these during orbfest? I will need to do mythril refreshes ?

Love my Buster Sword+. I remember the days without RWs. And the old UI! I totally forget what it looks like, it's been so long.

Wazzy

Banned
Said and done, went with Greg tauntaliting+Tyro with SG, Curaja and Esuna and killed Apoc Greg. It was very hard and we lost four people along the way, but we did it!

That early mage game to beat the VII event lol I can't even remember who was available at that point. Was it Rydia only?

We've only fought three of those bosses in Global so far. (VII, VIII & IX) The ones from III, VI and XIII are all still upcoming for us, in each realm's next event in Global.

He's the oldest boss, so it he should be a piece of cake for us now really. :)

(Unless they're beefing these guys up.)

Oh I'm sure he's super easy now. I just remember the awful first time. :(

thedan001

How many summon orbs you have?. You will have to refresh a bunch of times but is possible to do it. Ive gotten more than 30 of any given orb refreshing hard.

I have 18 major summon orbs, but I don't have Bahamut, and Titan R1, and I hear Ultima Weapon is coming later as a 5* summon too.

I'm investing into Tiamat R2 first tho

I'm not exchanging summon orbs since I'm working on 3* and 4* summon orbs for Neo-Bahamut fight

I remember Buster Sword when it came out. First 5 star relic ever. No auto-battle, was there RW's back then? Its been so long. That's when I quit lol.

Kain

That early mage game to beat the VII event lol I can't even remember who was available at that point. Was it Rydia only?

Rydia and Tyro spamming a costly thundara probably xD

I remember I got Sephi's Masamune early in the game, was it in this event? I would think so.

And there were no health bars. Picture that if you can

Dragner

You should get 30 easy from that number. You are going to get a bunch already for first time reward. Then is rng and refresh a little.

What's a good strategy for Gogo? I beat the d99 with mastery but this one just destroys me
You need to mimic what he does.

Still stumped?

Really, copy exactly what actions he takes.

No fun allowed?

Do nothing until he he congratulates you, then unload.

EDIT: Actually, not sure if this applies to the event version.

Anustart

Still stumped?

No fun allowed?

It applies.

Anyone wanting to get together to try this d200 gilgy? I need a solid party. Figured I'd bring my own gilg and maybe onion? I dunno!

Anyone wanting to get together to try this d200 gilgy? I need a solid party. Figured I'd bring my own gilg and maybe onion? I dunno!
I can start/join a group later tonight.

I can bring Wind Berserker Luneth and Shout, Sentinel/Stoneskin, Keeper's Tome or any variety of area healing.

Dragner

I can join, can bring Onion Knight, Cloud OSB, Zidane Imperil wind burst, Wakka Full breakdown burst, wall, shout, mage shout or a crappy non burst medica.

Still stumped?

No fun allowed?

Thanks, yea it wasn't too bad after that. Finally got my first set of MC2s, which should help a lot with handling harder content going forward.

I've also got both walls, tyro and luneth BSBs, faris's -DEF/RES SB, shout, and a number of medicas. I'm sure if you made a room you'd have no trouble filling it. Maybe use the discord to co-ordinate roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom