• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Maintenance Sunday, hopefully new UI is out then. Just had to sell a 5* armor upgrade so I could start the bonus battles. I'm at 300 inventory spaces, with 60 being upgrades...

Edit: Boss rush down with the power of love:

igj34.png

Since the RoR banners were not announced and I really wanted Lulu's SB items and one of the banner also had Yuna Healing SB, I did a 50 Mythrils pull on each banner + a 3 pulls on one of them. One 5*... Variable Steel. Oh well, at least I had no native 5* melee weapon for X. 112 attack is not too bad I guess!

Still, 1 5* out of 25 pulls sucks. If I combine that with my 1/44 on 100 gems pull and my below average luck on the SB Fest, I just want to sit down and cry! ^^; My luck just sucks in this game. Very happy about the update on Sunday, though.

Finally Firaja, Waterja, Blizzaja and Thundaja all at R4. Not sure what to do next, maybe start a new set... I have a good amount of Greater Orbs left in every category. It helps when I don't craft much on the side of melee abilities. The game never gave me much on the melee weapon side of things.

Road

The Yeti hit MUCH harder than I thought it would with Lunatic High + Full Break and Magic Break! Yikes!

Saw your post and totally overprepared for Yeti. Even brought Vaan to use the Sap soul break (rare opportunity). Poor guy doesn't even know what hit him.

Got too confident and tried to use PP again for +++ (right party) but failed miserably because I couldn't keep up the healing with only Shellga+Magic Break (350 SPD AoE all day every day). Had to admit defeat and come back with Sentinel Grimoire as RW instead.

Dead weight Shadow getting int he way of my spellblade meta.

Boss rush is only really hard due to holy dragon being really annoying and slow to kill. Yeti seems like he'll be a joke especially if I let vivi have mako might for instant double venom.

I didn't find Shadow useless. Even at Lv50 he was giving me a respectable 5-6k damage per action against Tritoch. It's just not as great as Fire Strikes.

Negator

Full Break and Meteor. Worth it? I can get Meteor to R2 and Full Break to R2 after I beat a few more elites for power orbs.

Balphon

Full Break and Meteor. Worth it? I can get Meteor to R2 and Full Break to R2 after I beat a few more elites for power orbs.

I've gotten a lot of use out of Full Break. I haven't bothered crafting Meteor since Ruinga does just as well, but if you're finding trash to be a slog it should help you a lot.

I didn't find Shadow useless. Even at Lv50 he was giving me a respectable 5-6k damage per action against Tritoch. It's just not as great as Fire Strikes.

It's not like I had him defend the whole time, but he's close to the last character I would have brought if given the choice. His ability set is kinda bleh (particularly for those two bosses), though you can probably attribute that to the fact that that he was the first ninja released. Thancred, Edge, and Yuffie are all better.

It sucks; I liked Shadow a lot in FF6.

Road

Full Break absolutely, although I don't have it yet, I get the feeling it'll be "mandatory" for doom bosses (harder than +++) coming up soon.

Meteor is good but the necessity is ymmv. If you don't have any trouble clearing trash using Ruinga and summons, I'd just sit on it for the time being.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't master the stupid +++ boss. Shellga + Sentinel Grimoire + Magic Break would be great except the boss gets a free attack before you can set up any of that stuff. It's annoying how the bosses get a free shot all the time.

I can't master the stupid +++ boss. Shellga + Sentinel Grimoire + Magic Break would be great except the boss gets a free attack before you can set up any of that stuff. It's annoying how the bosses get a free shot all the time.

It's the biggest issue I have with the game. The complete randomness of your active time bars at the start of a battle. Bosses included. Should've been designed to take advantage of the speed stat. Higher speed stat, higher it should be at the start. The way it is now, is literally 50/50 if you can get your mitigation up in time. Ridiculous and it promotes quitting the app in order to try again and again. Really poorly designed.

Negator

I got lucky and got a Magic Breakdown off on him first and he hit someone for 3k while shellga and Stoneskin II were going off. Got pretty lucky that it wasn't an S/L fest.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's the biggest issue I have with the game. The complete randomness of your active time bars at the start of a battle. Bosses included. Should've been designed to take advantage of the speed stat. Higher speed stat, higher it should be at the start. The way it is now, is literally 50/50 if you can get your mitigation up in time. Ridiculous and it promotes quitting the app in order to try again and again. Really poorly designed.
Yeah, I spend more time S/L hoping to get a good run, only to have to deal with the RNG of things being cast down the line and how it can go wrong when you're near the end of the fight. The single round boss fights are just tedious to play. They should at least give you a free SB bar, if they're not going to let you act frst.

Jyrii

Banned
Holy Dragon was annoying once again. Locke and Edgar suffered a bit dmg in the earlier battle, so holy would 1-hit them. I had to S/L till I got Stoneskin II RW up. After that it was easy enough, just Curaja right after Holy. I ended up having enough skills for the last fight also, so I didn't have to use mythril to refresh.

Then I forgot to bring Shadow to the Yeti fight and didn't master because of that. Story of my life.

Falk

that puzzling face

Or just design encounters around the randomness. First attack is always something useless like Attack or a self buff or whatever.

Heck make the boss hit harder to balance it out. As long as the RNG is cut out.

In case anyone didn't know that Dr.Mog is a liar (or more like the tips are copy-pasted from normal dungeons) the whole advice of "bring magic to fight the holy dragon as its strong physical scales give it lots of protection" makes no sense for the boss rush version has 372 def and 439 res.

It is applicable for the cultist's tower version with 674 def and 120 res though...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Or just design encounters around the randomness. First attack is always something useless like Attack or a self buff or whatever.

It took me around 2 hours of S/L to beat Valigarmada. All for a Rosetta Stone that I don't know if I'll even use. Yeesh.

That would be acceptable too. Anything than what it is now lol

Jyrii

Banned
fuuu my Retaliate tactic didn't go well against Valigarmanda. Too much damn AoE dmg.

Guess I need to change my setup a bit. Too bad Shadow is required.

Jyrii

Banned
Revised Retaliate worked luckily

Tyro negated most of the dmg with SG and had Kirin as small aoe regen.

Was still close as Tyro go down to 1/10 HP and I accidently healed Cloud instead.

Not even going to attempt the +++ battle until after Sunday so I can get Shadow up to 50. He was a liability in the Yeti fight though I did find it amusing the attempt I beat him and got Mastery was the only one Tempo Flurry didn't proc slow and Double Venom/Bioga didnmt proc poison until after the green cherry <___<

When the hell was it called Valigarmarda anyway? Always remember it being Tritoch back in the day.

Japanese Super Famicom version and also the newer translation in the GBA version. I always forget his name isn't Tritoch and call him Tritoch anyway. I do the same thing with Aeris and others.

Negator

I've gotten a lot of use out of Full Break. I haven't bothered crafting Meteor since Ruinga does just as well, but if you're finding trash to be a slog it should help you a lot.

Full Break absolutely, although I don't have it yet, I get the feeling it'll be "mandatory" for doom bosses (harder than +++) coming up soon.

Meteor is good but the necessity is ymmv. If you don't have any trouble clearing trash using Ruinga and summons, I'd just sit on it for the time being.

Thanks for the advice. I crafted Full Break and god damn it is a gamechanger. I'm two major orbs short of R2 though. Damn.

I also went ahead and crafted Meteor R2 because honestly it just doesn't feel right to sit on all these 5* orbs when I could be using them. Meteor does a ton of damage. Good times.

MicH

Full Break becomes exponentially more useful once you hone it to R2. It never leaves my party

Meteor is also really good and, on my opinion, the best 5* black magic ability

Negator

Full Break becomes exponentially more useful once you hone it to R2. It never leaves my party

Meteor is also really good and, on my opinion, the best 5* black magic ability

Yeah I'm looking at the next few events. Unfortunately the only way I'm going to be getting more Major Power Orbs any time soon is waiting untl the FF5 event. Which is cool because Faris is ridiculous.

LucaMac

When the hell was it called Valigarmarda anyway? Always remember it being Tritoch back in the day.

I recognised it as both and was very confused. Played it as a ps1 game years ago and it was Tritoch more recently it was the advance version with an emulator. I didnt even really notice two different names were being used here,I just associated both those names with that esper.

I'm all about it being Aeris too. Somebody in the translation team had a lisp is all.

Falk

that puzzling face
I take it I'm in the minority with that opinion then? I'd never heard of it being Aerith until Kingdom Hearts.

Nah, plenty of people prefer Aeris. The lisp angle is kinda silly when you consider the amount of names ending with 'th' though. Judith, etc.

LucaMac

Nah, plenty of people prefer Aeris. The lisp angle is kinda silly when you consider the amount of names ending with 'th' though. Judith, etc.

Jokes are silly sometimes I guess Falk :p

Especially as it was Aerith first wasn't it? In which case it wouldn't be that somebody had a lisp but that somebody thought they did and the world being as overly politically correct as it is decided not to ask them to repeat or confirm so as not to cause offence and just wrote down Aeris.

*disclaimer* no offense intended, just a poor attempt at humour due to boredom of the down time while everything is complete and stamina is rotting away *disclaimer*

Alternatively I could be pc myself and debunk the lisp theory as Japanese having completely different phonetics to English with sounds being substituted during translations. Which is what actually happened. Did a bit of Japanese in College, it's quite common.

That doesn't explain tritoch though :/

I feel like I'm making 0 progress after all the time I've put into this game. My main toon is 48 due to growth eggs, everyone else is level 28-30. I'm doing mostly difficulty level 35 dungeons which give like no xp but everything above that destroys me =\

TheExodu5

Banned
Well, I've been a little lax with my playing lately. Missed my first ever memory crystal...Lulu's.

I guess I'm going to be super casual now. Time to give it a bit of a break.

Negator

Well, I've been a little lax with my playing lately. Missed my first ever memory crystal...Lulu's.

I guess I'm going to be super casual now. Time to give it a bit of a break.

I've done that before. At one point all I had been doing was logging in for Mythril for about a week. I was lamenting my utterly horrible Gacha luck but it has turned around lately.

TheExodu5

Banned
I've done that before. At one point all I had been doing was logging in for Mythril for about a week. I was lamenting my utterly horrible Gacha luck but it has turned around lately.

Funny thing is I stopped playing right after I rolled Organics on Black Friday.

WarAdept

Well Shadows +++ fight turned out to be a DPS race for me. Mastered it and still chugging along, waiting for the UI update to hit.

Negator

Plan to get Gilgamesh, Hope, Lenna, and Bartz some levels tomorrow. They are all lower than I want them. But first I will finish capping off everyone that is getting an MC2 soon. Paladin Cecil and Sephiroth will be soaking exp in the fifth slot until they are capped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom