• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

100 gem pull was a shit 3* rod, sigh. At 15 100-gem pulls now:

13 3*
1 4*
1 5*

The 1 4* one I got was solid though, the 5* was solid but was an armor piece for the ONE realm I already had solid armor RS with.

Really need the RoR event to hit, need those banners >_>. Hoping to have enough to pull on 4 of them.

The weakness of physical attacks becomes apparent once you start attempting 100+ difficulty elites without a RS weapon. When it takes two 60+ level guys with natural 5 star character weapons to kill one foe physical attacks become a liability

Jrmint

Hey guys. Just started this game today and absolutely loving it.

Quick question - during the tutorial the mog let me pull an item from mythril and I got a 5* Sword from FFVIII. I immediately put it on my named guy and have been able to 1 shot all monsters I've fought.

Is it normal to get something like that right away or was I very lucky?

Also do all the unique weapons come randomly from that method or is there a way to craft them?

Thanks guys!

Quick question - during the tutorial the mog let me pull an item from mythril and I got a 5* Sword from FFVIII. I immediately put it on my named guy and have been able to 1 shot all monsters I've fought.

Also do all the unique weapons come randomly from that method or is there a way to craft them?

Thanks guys!

They redid that first free draw to almost always guarantee a 5 star pull, and yes a 5 star weapon should one shot most things for awhile the free 3 star I got day 1 was stomping things for awhile.

Jyrii

Banned

Thanks guys!

I surely didn't get any 5* items on tutorial. Though I cannot remember if there was any tutorial pull back then.

You cannot technically craft any gear. You can just combine two of the same items together (twice) to make them into one * higher. So if you have three 3* weapons/armor, you can combine two of them first to make a 4* and then combine the 4* with the 3* to make 5*. After that you cannot combine that 5* item any more (++ is the max combines). 7* item is as high as you can go (three 5* items) The higher level weapon/armor needs to be max leveled before you can use combine.

But unique gear you can basically only get from banner pulls.

MicH

You always get a 5* from the tutorial pull now, which is a nice change (shame we didn't get it when we started)

MrDaravon

Yeah when I started 2-3 months ago I got a Blitz Sword as well from the tutorial pull. IIRC you now always get that or a 5* dagger I think?

MrDaravon

Just got the Reno/Sephiroth notice. Guess they're...skipping the RoR?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3wpzui/rift_wont_come/

tl;dr - no one knows, but it's highly unlikely they'll skip it completely, probably pushed a bit because of the UI update hitting and might coincide with Christmas. Outside of the incredibly huge negative community blowback they would get, RoR will be an enormous moneymaker for DeNA so I can't possibly imagine they'll skip it for global.

Entropia

No One Remembers
After clearing the cache/data on my phone for the Google Play store I was finally able to get the newest version! So bring on tomorrow! :D

Just got the Reno/Sephiroth notice. Guess they're...skipping the RoR?

It's probably to deal with the four empty mem crystals were getting, the new ui will save them, I believe in the Jp version these four were lost if not used.

And to have people burn their mythril getting the sephiroth ssb.....

And to time for Christmas and iTunes gift cards....

Jyrii

Banned
Oh no. I thought I still had time this morning to spend my stamina on the XP dungeon.

And maintenance just started minute ago.

Falk

that puzzling face
MrUBju1.png

MicH

I just googled the RoR and I see that, I think JP RoR got Rinoas SSB was one. Did we already get that in US? Or will this be upcoming?
Rinoa, Tidus, Paladin Cecil and Tyro gets their MC2 and SSB during the RoR event. None of them have been released yet

EDIT Oh damn, the SSBfest banners were just translated! They changed quite a bit. One banner has Squall and Paladin Cecil SSBs!

Unfortunately the banner with Lulu's hairpin is the one with Tyro's useless SSB + I already own a lot of the stuff on that banner

Banner 1: Cardinal (Rinoa SSB), Wyrmfang (Vanille), Shear Trigger (Squall), Skycutter (Hope), Magistral Rod (Yuna), Thyrus (Yshtola)... Gladius (XII), Bard's Bracelet (IV), Dark Helm (IV)
Banner 2: Organics (Cloud SSB), Sentinel Grimoire (Tyro), Rune Blade (Celes), Buster Sword (Zack), All Rounder (Wakka), Rune Blade (Ashe)... Tiger Fang (VII), Esthar Bracers (VIII), Power Sash (IX)
Banner 3: Force Saber (Tidus SSB), Polymorph Rod (Tellah), Shimmering Blade (Auron), Butterfly Sword (Zidane), Golem's Flute (Eiko), Cypress Pile (Vivi)... Organyx (VI), Dragon Gloves (IV), Purge Robe (XIII)
Banner 4: Last Judgment Grimoire(Tyro SSB), Lulu's Hairpin (Lulu), Lullaby Rod (Yuna), Rune Axe (Golbez), Blazefire Saber (Lightning), Minverva Bustier (Terra)... Thief Blade (X), Emerald Bracer (X), Viking Coat (XII)
Banner 5: Cutting Trigger (Squall SSB), Lustruous Sword (Cecil SSB), Morning Star (Selphie), Rising Sun (Rinoa), Lightning Steel (Tidus), Fabled Harp (Edward)... Mage Masher (IX), Sanctum Glove (XIII), Circlet (VII)

MicH

Yeah that Banner 5 looks intense!

Who are you guys planning on using your empty MC's for, if anyone at all?
If they include the MCs we missed (Firion, Edward, Ingus) then I'll use them on those three. I have every character and MC/2 so far.

The most interesting banners to me are banner 3 and 5 vi already have a lot of the stuff on the other banners (Organics, Thyrus, Shear Trigger, Lullaby Rod x3, Blazefire Sabre+ and Fabled Harp so yeah...)

Firion was one of my first characters to hit lv.50, if only i knew back then...

Will plan around those 3 for sure also, last one i will probably give to P.Cecil although i missed a fair few that were issued before my time

Rinoa, Tidus, Paladin Cecil and Tyro gets their MC2 and SSB during the RoR event. None of them have been released yet

EDIT Oh damn, the SSBfest banners were just translated! They changed quite a bit. One banner has Squall and Paladin Cecil SSBs!

Unfortunately the banner with Lulu's hairpin is the one with Tyro's useless SSB + I already own a lot of the stuff on that banner

Banner 1: Cardinal (Rinoa SSB), Wyrmfang (Vanille), Shear Trigger (Squall), Skycutter (Hope), Magistral Rod (Yuna), Thyrus (Yshtola)... Gladius (XII), Bard's Bracelet (IV), Dark Helm (IV)
Banner 2: Organics (Cloud SSB), Sentinel Grimoire (Tyro), Rune Blade (Celes), Buster Sword (Zack), All Rounder (Wakka), Rune Blade (Ashe)... Tiger Fang (VII), Esthar Bracers (VIII), Power Sash (IX)
Banner 3: Force Saber (Tidus SSB), Polymorph Rod (Tellah), Shimmering Blade (Auron), Butterfly Sword (Zidane), Golem's Flute (Eiko), Cypress Pile (Vivi)... Organyx (VI), Dragon Gloves (IV), Purge Robe (XIII)
Banner 4: Last Judgment Grimoire(Tyro SSB), Lulu's Hairpin (Lulu), Lullaby Rod (Yuna), Rune Axe (Golbez), Blazefire Saber (Lightning), Minverva Bustier (Terra)... Thief Blade (X), Emerald Bracer (X), Viking Coat (XII)
Banner 5: Cutting Trigger (Squall SSB), Lustruous Sword (Cecil SSB), Morning Star (Selphie), Rising Sun (Rinoa), Lightning Steel (Tidus), Fabled Harp (Edward)... Mage Masher (IX), Sanctum Glove (XIII), Circlet (VII)
Sweeeeet as shes a mainstay in my party, and after the Sephiroth MC2 event (as he's also a mainstay) I'll be good.

But yeah this RoR is gonna be big.

Road

No matinal ffrk. Weird.

Soul breakfast. 5 pulls in banner 1. If I get Thyrus, I'm done with the celebration. Else, go crazy on banner 2 on a certainly fruitless crusade chasing SG and fail again.

Couldn't care less about anything else on those banners, so much so I think I'll pull on the Sephiroth banner instead due to the great defensive Gear.

MicH

No matinal ffrk. Weird.

Soul breakfast. 5 pulls in banner 1. If I get Thyrus, I'm done with the celebration. Else, go crazy on banner 2 on a certainly fruitless crusade chasing SG and fail again.

Couldn't care less about anything else on those banners, so much so I think I'll pull on the Sephiroth banner instead due to the great defensive Gear.
The Sephiroth banner 1 is quite excellent. Sephiroth SSB, Keepsake Relic (meta defining!) as well as a 5* rod (Reno's) for FFVII which are incredibly rare

Falk

that puzzling face
NEW UI

w0000000000000000000000000000w

Everyone already knew Tyro was dogshit

Thanks for the confirmation Tyro

5DVyPyll.jpg

edit: I don't think this bodes well

tpvl26Jl.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Everything looks so weird...

Where is this synergy simulator?

And yay, the ability to break down abilities? I knew I kept 5 copies of Thundaga for a reason.

MicH

I love everything about the new UI. Synergy simulator is amazing, actually being able to setup your party when selecting a dungeon (instead of being redirected to the party screen) is so amazing and saves a lot of time. Can't wait until we get orb conversion too!

Also, Firion, Edward and Inus have been removed from the break level cap screen. So who knows if we get their MCs in RoR now :(

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Either there's a big glitch with the new UI or I'm an idiot...

I'm trying to assign abilities but the "Confirm" button doesn't work no matter what I do. Equipment and RM is working fine. Anyone else having issues?

Looks like the only way I can set abilities at the moment is the "Optimize" button, which is obviously spotty at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom