• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Either there's a big glitch with the new UI or I'm an idiot...

I'm trying to assign abilities but the "Confirm" button doesn't work no matter what I do. Equipment and RM is working fine. Anyone else having issues?

Looks like the only way I can set abilities at the moment is the "Optimize" button, which is obviously spotty at best.
Click the ability, then the empty slot in the upper right

Two complaints: the button presses don't always register in my ipad4 and the orb alignment is off due to only having room for four columns-convert then sell the one stars I guess!

Also, that we are getting orb conversion and the optimize improvements later stinks since they are apparently (cynically) being held back as a way to show that the game is still being improved, even though we know those fixes are already in the Jp game.

MicH

Some balance changes:

Terra - MAG increase
Edgar - HP, DEF, RES increase
Steiner - 4* Spellblade
Balthier - 4* Spellblade and equip swords, ATK increase
Fran - 5* Support

Terra keeps getting better :lol

Falk

that puzzling face
DeNA correcting a wrong almost a decade old.

Balthier now joins the ranks of other main protags that can use spellblades - Luneth, Bartz, Celes (World of Ruin), Cloud, Squall, Lightning.

Steiner for FF9 protag

Some balance changes:

Terra - MAG increase
Edgar - HP, DEF, RES increase
Steiner - 4* Spellblade
Balthier - 4* Spellblade and equip swords, ATK increase
Fran - 5* Support

Terra keeps getting better :lol

Yeah they posted it in game :p

Also my only problem with the new ui is that theres this added animation whenever you beat a dungeon which makes things take longer when grinding dailies

I wish it remembered what you selected for the synergy simulator

e: ohh, just got to do it in a dungeon, but the sort doesn't quite work...

Falk

that puzzling face
Heh, it's a little janky. It definitely needs to remember the setting. Even in dungeons, it SHOWS the RS, but doesn't SORT by it unless you go in there and set it to sort with the simulation.

And then it doesn't remember.

Yeah rough around the edges in a few spots, and takes some adjusting after the previous UI but overall much improved! Favourite changes:

• Active Party moving around home screen and/or dungeon 'map'.
  • Increased resolution on assets
  • Speed (probably the most positive impact overall)

I really like these banners, I have zero compulsion to do anything more than a 100 gem pull on them. Good thing, as I only have maybe budgeted for a three pull per banner and don't want to blow cash on them. I had poor results from the first soul break festival and mixed results from the lucky pullsso don't expect anything more this time anyway. Having a thryus already obviously skews my opinions.

I think I'd be better served saving 50"mythril for the mog banner and netting a guaranteed sb weapon that I need, specifically a retaliate weapon in one of the realms I'm lacking.

MicH

I really like these banners, I have zero compulsion to do anything more than a 100 gem pull on them. Good thing, as I only have maybe budgeted for a three pull per banner and don't want to blow cash on them. I had poor results from the first soul break festival and mixed results from the lucky pullsso don't expect anything more this time anyway. Having a thryus already obviously skews my opinions.

I think I'd be better served saving 50"mythril for the mog banner and netting a guaranteed sb weapon that I need, specifically a retaliate weapon in one of the realms I'm lacking.
Pretty much how I feel. I'm only really interested in 3 or 4 relics and they're on banners where I already have some of the featured relics. I'll probably save up some mythril for Lightning SSB and then gør the SSSSB banners which feature 3 SSBs and the rest character relics (no generics!). The FFT banners are extremely good as well. Of course this is about 4 months away

I wish your character ran to the platform you select on the dungeon screen.

They do, don't they?

imagegoseb.png

The update seems a bit too decadent for me...I like some of the UI changes, but the simplicity of the old version was nice.

EDIT: JK, just discovered the convenience of the new equipment screen and the dungeons. This is amazing.

ccbfan

Any clues if we're getting rolling relic draws soon?

Not drawing until that is announced. Sure the banners sound great but mean nothing to me when the chance of getting them is close to 0
with my luck

MicH

Any clues if we're getting rolling relic draws soon?

Not drawing until that is announced. Sure the banners sound great but mean nothing to me when the chance of getting them is close to 0
with my luck
We should've gotten it months ago but we never did. At this point I don't think we'll ever get it

MrDaravon

Fuck, I'm only at 160 Mythril, don't think I'll get up to having enough for 4 pulls. The only items out of any of the banners I have are the Lullaby Rod & the Rune Axe which are both Banner 4, which only sucks because Terra is my bae so I'd want to pull on that one for the Minerva Bustier, but I don't even know if that's any good or worth it anyway.

So as someone who doesn't have anything other than those two banner 4 items what are my best 3 options for banners? Thinking Banner 2 for sure at least since Cloud is a mainstay in my party and is at 65 right now, and I'm also using Wakka who is at level ~60 or so (although he may not be a long-term party choice or anything).

I really wonder which relics will be in the Beginners banner selection pick. Some that were featured in the JP one now appears in the RoR banners and I feel like there won't be redundancy. Will be hard to pick between favorite characters and utilities (with the exception of Diamond Pin ou Vega but I can't imagine them putting those there).

MrDaravon

I have it and it's amazing.

NOT HELPING

Edit: Oh god are they running another orbfest so soon? I started playing like halfway through the last one, now that I have my feet wet and understand how vaulable it really is I'll be going in hard on it, but fuck man too much shit at once.

MicH

Minerva Bustier really isn't that great. The SB is really subpar. Go for Thyrus instead

Orb Fest already. Well I guess I know where to throw my mythril now. On DeNA's site they have written about stuff coming up, a lot of global exclusive stuff too!

Jarekx

Baaaaaaaah, only at 110 mythril and I want to pull on a couple banners but I also need to farm the crap out of orbfest. Don't make me choose!

ccbfan

Easy choice for me.

Orb fest mean better skills and a ton of exp both which I really need. Last time I only have 5x stam now I have 11x stam.

Banner Draws mean a few of 4 star and a ton of 3 star equips.

Between Orb Fest 2.0 and Sepiroth's SSB, they want us to be mythril broke going into RoR so they can try and get more gem pulls.

I'm in a good position after the last Orb Fest, so I'll just use natural STA for this one and continue to save (only ~140 atm w/ 42 Classic and 49 Elites left to complete).

Falk

that puzzling face
Between Orb Fest 2.0 and Sepiroth's SSB, they want us to be mythril broke going into RoR so they can try and get more gem pulls.

I'm in a good position after the last Orb Fest, so I'll just use natural STA for this one and continue to save (only ~140 atm w/ 42 Classic and 49 Elites left to complete).

You know, this is EXACTLY what happened with Orbfest 1. Everyone was discussing how much Mythril to save for refreshing, and then the banners drop a couple of days before and everyone is like "well shit, we have to pull because the banners are too good" and DeNA made a shit ton of money.

I expected this to happen. I expected it. I even posted in this very thread about it multiple times that there's gonna be a curveball.

And I still fell for it hook line and sinker and only saved Mythril for banners, so nothing for Orbfest 2.0.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The last festival of gold was a soul sucking experience so I'll be mostly ignoring it this time.

Come to think about it, I'm in really, REALLY good shape in terms of hones through to the Anniversary. I'm probably skipping this one unless it's the updated Orbfest with like groups of 5 Cactuar.

MrDaravon

You know, this is EXACTLY what happened with Orbfest 1. Everyone was discussing how much Mythril to save for refreshing, and then the banners drop a couple of days before and everyone is like "well shit, we have to pull because the banners are too good" and DeNA made a shit ton of money.

I expected this to happen. I expected it. I even posted in this very thread about it multiple times that there's gonna be a curveball.

And I still fell for it hook line and sinker and only saved Mythril for banners, so nothing for Orbfest 2.0.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Come to think about it, I'm in really, REALLY good shape in terms of hones through to the Anniversary. I'm probably skipping this one unless it's the updated Orbfest with like groups of 5 Cactuar.

falk.jpg

I'm just barely at the point in the leveling/power curve where I might spend some actual money during this event, not gonna lie. $30 for an 11-pull is still crazytown to me, but maybe I'll drop some money for stamina refreshes for orbfest or something. The orbs are obviously the big draw, but the really good EXP and Gil from the last orbfest was a godsend as a new player, and I still have a shitload of characters at level 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom