• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I still fell for it hook line and sinker and only saved Mythril for banners, so nothing for Orbfest 2.0.
Do we know if there are going to be special banners again w/ this? I don't think they are gonna use the RoR banners, so mayhaps a return of the Lucky Draw yet again?

RIP Mythril and hello 1/55 round deux.

Edit: MicH proved me wrong.

MicH

These are the dates for the RoR banners:

444_01.png

Remember, the Faris/Krile event has the very first Misfortune boss!

Falk

that puzzling face
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

MicH

The beginner's banner is quite excellent. It has relics like Sentinel's Grimoire, a Rydia relic, a Wakka relic and more PLUS.you cam choose an extra FREE relic out of 14 different relics (one for each realm) after your pull on it

MrDaravon

Yeah the beginner's relic banner will probably more or less be a permanent one, so I imagine that's going to wait for most folks until after the first of the year and all of this other madness is over.

and now there's sweepstakes #2

senpai theres too much i can't possibly finish all of it

senpai has finally noticed you, be proud!

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't wait to pull on Beginner's banner and go 0/11 and then not be able to pick the free relic due to a bug

Valus

Okay so Orbfest 2.0 is the same orbfest as before, just with a 5th phase right? No lucky banner?

And RoR is just another event yeah? That gets you mem crystals and stuff but it's just like a regular event that once you complete it that's it? No grinding like Orbfest? Are the banners 50 ea there? No lucky ones right?

And what's the "first misfortune fight?"

MrDaravon

I can't wait to pull on Beginner's banner and go 0/11 and then not be able to pick the free relic due to a bug

Well when the RoR banners hit I can finally see if I can make the mythical 0/66 happen or not, I'm fairly excited to be honest.

Given that I still have a lot of classic/elite dungeons plus I haven't beaten/Mastered most of the daily dungeons + daily login bonuses I'm thinking that I miiiiight be able to get from 160 to 200 mythril before the banners start hitting so I can do 4 pulls instead of 3, we'll see.

I think if I spend any real money it's going to be on stamina refreshes for orbfest.

MicH

Okay so Orbfest 2.0 is the same orbfest as before, just with a 5th phase right? No lucky banner?

And RoR is just another event yeah? That gets you mem crystals and stuff but it's just like a regular event that once you complete it that's it? No grinding like Orbfest? Are the banners 50 ea there? No lucky ones right?

And what's the "first misfortune fight?"
We don't know if there are gonna be any lucky draw banners - there weren't any for the JP RoR (but they didn't get an extra orb fest either), but DeNA are doing a lot if stuff differently in the global version.

Misfortune battles are the tier above +++ battles. They're extremely tough. Later on we'll get Misfortune+ difficulty battles too

Man when you have nearly 400 mythril stocked it's really hard to know exactly how to use it for all these awesome banners and orb fest events

MrDaravon

Don't forget to save stamina for the ROR bosses and Omega!

How hard are the RoR bosses though? I'm still making my way through content, I was barely able to squeeze through the 90ish difficulty stuff on the last event. Part of why I'm considering spending money/mythril on stamina refreshes for orbfest is so I can get characters leveled and abilities honed. I've finally just gotten Protectga and Shellga (r1), Ruinga r2, fireja/blizzaja/thundaja r1 and waterja r2, so I'm making progress but not at the endgame yet for sure. Having a full party at over level 50 is helping a ton, but my RS is garbage for most realms (0/55!) and I still need hones and crafting. Hoping that between the RoR banners and orbfest I can finally push through some of my current limitations.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm pretty sure there won't be lucky draw banners. Original Orbfest didn't exactly have banners either, they were added in for the surprise $$$ factor. Here, the Orbfest itself is the $$$ factor.

Actually I take that back, with all the shit they suddenly have going on we're probably getting 2 lucky draw banners a day

Now I am rally glad I'm not interested in the rift banners! This will be great to push the mc2s to level 80, I was dreading having to flog those guys through the Sundailies, it will be easier when they are pushed out one at a time, but we are getting what, six in a two week timespan? It will have to take come long bathroom breaks to burn stam during some of these days though, lol. Good thing my new phone teathers quite nicely.

B.K.

Other than new realm select screen, faster Roaming Warrior select screen, and upgrade items not taking up inventory space, I really hate the new UI.

B.K.

Hate is a strong word.

:(

HATE. For every one thing they fixed, they made five worse. Every menu is slower and lags more for me. I was trying to sort gear to do some of the Shadow event, and I had to push the VI button half a dozen times for it to register then I had to push the Confirm button 12-15 times before it registered. I hate that they removed the drop down menu for sorting gear. That's the worst change in the new UI. All the icons are way too big now too. It's going to take forever to scroll through gear.

Razmos

Ahem. Global exclusive content:
Tyro’s Soul Break weapon “Stormlance Grimoire” exclusive to the global version arrives on 12/16! In addition, 4★ Samurai ability “Darkmoon” and the 5★ accessory “Crystal Orb” debut ahead of the Japanese version. They will be given as login bonuses from 12/16 to celebrate the Gigantic Update.

The very first global version exclusive event “Festive Fantasy” will be open during the holiday season. Veterans and new players alike can earn tons of orbs, EXP and gil, to strengthen their party! Open from 12/16 to 1/1.
tumblr_inline_nzcdabfdY01qzv0yi_500.png

That’s not all! Holiday season decorations and presents to help you celebrate FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper style!
From 12/15, the title screen changes for the holiday season! Also, the Home screen features original music to get you into a festive mood. Each player will receive a holiday season exclusive 5★ item! It’s been made especially for this occasion and will be delivered on 12/25.
8LqZ36y.png

Thanks DENA! Now give us rolling gatcha and all is forgiven.

I have 360 Mythril, enough to Eleven Pull on each Soul Break banner and spend some on refreshes for Orb Dungeons.

I think I'll spend five or ten each on Phase One, Two and Four; no need for extras in Phase Three at the moment.

Balphon

Also with spellblade rm2 coming online soon, those aga spellswords are looking tempting to me.

Rank 4 spellblades have much less of a power increase over rank 3's than do the corresponding black magic abilities (17% increase vs 84% increase, respectively), so you'll still probably only want to use them to exploit weaknesses.

EDIT: If DeNA really cared they'd make it so someone besides Tyro can equip books.

Now that I've said that, I'm sure Scholar will be the next Core. Jerks.

B.K.

I'm thinking about doing a 11 pull on Sephiroth's banner tonight. I've got Organics and Cutting Trigger already. I wonder if I could go 3/3 on SSB gear.

I'm thinking about doing a 11 pull on Sephiroth's banner tonight. I've got Organics and Cutting Trigger already. I wonder if I could go 3/3 on SSB gear.

Same here. I got lucky with Organics and Cutting Trigger. I feel like I'm really pushing my luck if I try for Sephiroth's.

Edit:

I think my gameplan is going to be one 11x pull on Sephiroth's, then one on banner 3, and one on banner 4.

Yeah update is faster across the board for everything but the actual dungeons due to the added animation of beating stages and unlocking stages.

Also there is a contest going on under the special banner on the main menu. Share on twitter to double your chance to win. It marked them complete without me having to redo the dungeons which was nice.

MicH

If you're experiencing menu lag go to Menu > Config and switch to Simplified Display. Should make it faster to navigate the menus

Vilifier

Neo Member
The new UI is great and so fast on my phone. I should have 150 mythril for the Soul Break banners. I am going to pull on banners 1 and 2, as I really want a wall relic, and the SSB for Cloud, since I have not managed to get any of his swords so far, and his default SB is so weak.

WarAdept

Woke up. Looked on FFRK Reddit.

What the shit. Bombarded by 4 major events starting today?! Seph and Reno / Orb Fest 3 / Vale of Memories / Faris and Krile?

Am I missing anything?

Also lol, Terra did NOT need that MAG buff. Balthier buffs are hardcore good though, no wonder he was considered one of the best in the Japanese version.

Kenai

The update is WONDERFUL. Seeing my party of FFVI going "YAY" while hopping up and down on the map brings me such joy. Everything is faster and easier to navigate too.

I just wish I had mastered Val yesterday, won't have full stamina for the new stuff tonight. I should have brought Magic Breakdown instead of just plain Break to make it a lil easier, but whatever. I have so much 5*+ FFVI synergy it was fine anyway.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh god at the cutscene before starting the event lmao it caught me off guard.

I hope they do cutscenes for when realms end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom